Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.

Missed Opportunities in Lois Lane

Postby web-ed » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:24 pm

The Lois Lane Spanking Letters, which among other things detailed the case for spanking Lois, was just posted yesterday. Today I obtained a copy of Lois Lane #56 (April 1965), which provides even more justification for taking Lois OTK. Here's the very first page, showing us "The Snoopiest Girl in History":
Lois breaks into some scientist's laboratory, only to find a stern-looking Superman barring her way. But did he administer an object lesson she wouldn't soon forget? No! The result was that Lois goes back into time and (I'm not making this up) opens Pandora's box!

Later that same issue, Superman once again concludes he needs to teach Lois a lesson (and Lana, too). And once again, instead of the quick, effective, and humane method of spanking, he elects instead to rig an elaborate masquerade, pretending to be someone called "Ideal-Man"!

Two very interesting things about that last panel:
1. The final caption asks a question only to answer it. "Did Superman's 'lesson' do the girls much good? Evidently not!" And what conclusion should be drawn from this, we ask? That Superman should have used sterner methods.
2. Kurt Schaffenberger drew Lois and Lana with their right hands in such a position that they could be rubbing their sore behinds! Was this Schaffenberger's way of commenting on the story, implying that it would have been much better had there been a double-spanking of Lois and Lana? What a great scene that would have been, and you could keep the dialogue exactly the same! :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities

Postby butch46163@yahoo.com » Wed May 18, 2011 1:34 pm

THERES another group of females that shouldv'e gotten spanked and those are the bad girls of pulp comic and magazines.How could the writers and artists miss out on giving these bad girls villainesess and femme fatales their commeuppance.And boy how these women"s ample posteriors was in desperate need of roasting across the lap of a strong man. If she could punch; shoot, or kill a man then she should be woman enough to take her punishment via' a good hard tail blazing spanking :D So that us readers could felt that justice was finally done. :twisted:
butch46163@yahoo.com

Missed Opportunities in Fantastic Four

Postby web-ed » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:43 pm

This subject came up recently over on the SpankingPanels.com forum, and since I was of course unable to keep my big mouth shut over there, I decided to repeat myself here, where I've only made 519 other posts :) (true, as of this date).

First, I should mention that there was a scene in Fantastic Four #38 (May, 1965) which was either a missed opportunity or perhaps an intended spanking that Stan Lee basically wrote out of the script. That one may be found in Comics Gallery 1 by following the link.

But ten issues earlier, in FF #28, the X-Men's Marvel Girl also just barely escaped being spanked by The Thing!

Years later, Roy Thomas had taken over the scripting (and editing) chores from Stan the Man, and once again Susan came within a hair's breadth of getting the OTK treatment she deserved - and her own husband gave his blessing to the spanking!
This scene is from FF #164:
Unfortunately, Sue was able to get out of being spanked once again.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

More Golden Age Missed Opportunities

Postby web-ed » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 am

Four girls in romance comics who really needed the OTK treatment:

1. Lone Star Lou - there's really only one way to tame a girl like this, and we all know what it is! Unfortunately, no spanking for Lone Star Lou here.
cowgirl_romances_no_5.jpg
"The Taming of Lone-Star Lou" in Cowgirl Romances #5.
cowgirl_romances_no_5.jpg (186.17 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

2. Another Wildcat - the title says, but still no spanking.
heart_throbs_no_32_p_3.jpg
A real wildcat in Heart Throbs #32.
heart_throbs_no_32_p_3.jpg (169 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

3. A spoiled Hollywood actress tears up the set - this is getting annoying. Isn't there one real man out there who will do what needs to be done?
love_confessions_no_9_p_3.jpg
Another hellcat and spoiled Hollywood actress, from Love Confessions #9.
love_confessions_no_9_p_3.jpg (168.81 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

4. "I Misbehaved" - she even admits it! Spank her already, you idiots!
teenage_romances_no_18_p_3.jpg
"I Misbehaved" - she even admits it! From Teen-Age Romances #18.
teenage_romances_no_18_p_3.jpg (173.71 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

Then we have some missed opportunities that were largely positional rather than temperamental:

5. Feature Comics #116:
Perky journeys to a land where the queen has made all the other women ugly. Opening a beauty salon, he tricks the queen, turning her ugly as well, and when she goes searching for the now-invisible Perky, she bends over, providing him with a tempting target indeed. Unfortunately, he has no paddle handy and gives her a swift kick instead.

6. Feature Comics #55: There was a strip called Big Top featuring Butch the Clown. I can't tell you how many hideous M/M slapstick paddlings I found there (they're all documented in the Comics Spanking Data Base), but just this once, we almost got to enjoy a M/F paddling! Butch, on his day off, helps a young lady search for her missing compact. After suffering various tortures, he finds out the compact was in her purse all the time. And to top it off, instead of a kiss, she offers him a pass to - the circus, of all things! That settles it - somebody needs a paddling!
I'd like to think she had to come down from that pole eventually, fanny-first, to meet Butch's paddle :) !

7. Feature Funnies #15: We've seen a couple of spankings in Dixie Dugan. This time, Dixie herself touches her toes when instructed to do so by a radio program, and without bending her knees, which is very important for good paddling. Alas, no one showed up with a paddle at the critical time :( .

8. Torchy #4: There are few comics heroines we've wanted to see spanked more than Bill Ward's Torchy! This episode was as close as we ever got (as far as we know), with Torchy actually positioned over the knee of a surprised taxi cab passenger. I think I'd have acted reflexively and started to spank her immediately (at least that's the excuse I'd use at my trial), but this guy does nothing! :cry:
Last edited by web-ed on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove comma
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

The Duel Over Superman

Postby web-ed » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 am

Another missed opportunity from the Superman Family, this one is called "The Duel Over Superman". Written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger, It has the look and feel of a Lois Lane story, but it's actually from Superman #150 (January 1962).

The plot, like many others during this era, is based on the rivalry between Lois Lane and Lana Lang. Now, Superman is not blameless here, because it wasn't fair of him not to make a clear choice between them or else tell them both he would never marry. This was one of the big flaws in the Superman mythos, the fault of editor Mort Weisinger, and the only attempt to explain Superman's conduct was made 24 years later by Alan Moore in "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" - the last (and last "imaginary") story that featured the Superman we had all known up to that time. However, let's put that aside and take a look at this particular story.

Lois comes up with a plan to make Superman choose between her and Lana: they will fake a deadly duel to the death, and to stop them from killing each other, Superman will choose one. Lana agrees, both girls figuring that he will choose her.

Schaffenberger does a fine job with Lana's expression, making her look like the schemer she is, and this one panel alone is enough to make me want to see them both get the comeuppance they deserve. But let's continue: just as Lois and Lana planned, Jimmy Olsen alerts Superman to the "duel". Superman concludes, as he so often did, that "I've decided I must teach those two a lesson!"

And this is where it gets really frustrating - time after time, Superman would declare that he needed to "teach a lesson" to Lois or Lana or both, but he never did so by the safe, certain, CSR-approved method of SPANKING! Instead, he builds two Lois and Lana robots!

It's actually very peculiar that Superman changes to Clark Kent and assembles the robots in his apartment instead of in his Fortress of Solitude - if a neighbor had dropped in just then, he'd have had a hard time explaining what two half-dressed female robots were doing in his living room - and this is the only panel in the entire story in which he assumes his Clark identity. Of course this elaborate plan goes awry, and in the last panel, Superman concedes "my lesson backfired against me". Why didn't he learn that instead of these elaborate schemes, simple spankings would "teach a lesson" far more effectively? And come to think of it, the girls also unfairly dragged Jimmy into this mess, so he's entitled to a little satisfaction also and we could have had a nice Superman/Lana Jimmy/Lois double-spanking!
Next time try spanking them, Supes!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

More Missed Opportunities in Lois Lane

Postby web-ed » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Here are three more examples, all of them taken from Lois Lane #28 (Oct. 1961)! First, Superman meets his great-great....great-granddaughter in the distant future, and she's inherited Lois' brattiness. The story makes no sense, but in the panel shown here (drawn by John Forte) she's using excessive super-speed and causing a problem because she wouldn't listen to Supes:
Copyright DC Comics Inc.

When Supes caught up with her, he should have taken her right over his knee, the way a great-great....great-grandpappy should!

In the next story, Lois is teaching a class for reporters and has arranged a stage with multiple sets! The whole thing is bizarre: it's not young journalism students but seasoned reporters that Lois is supposedly teaching, and they shouldn't need any advice from her on how to do their jobs. And where on earth would the institution (whatever it is) get the money to construct a full-size revolving set??

Anyway, Lois here asks Jimmy to help her re-create a tight situation she once found herself in. You won't believe what she asks him to do:
Copyright DC Comics Inc.

I think it's Lois who's been taking lessons - from Wonder Woman - and the subject was bondage :lol: ! "Jimmy Olsen, will you kindly tie me up?"

"Be glad to Lois, and then I'm going to give you a good spanking!" :D

The third example was titled "Lois Lane's Super-Lesson". Now as we, and all the Lois Lane readers who kept writing in on the subject, know full well, the only "Super-Lesson" Lois really needed was a Super-Spanking from Superman :) ! Needless to say, once again he pulls off a series of ridiculous and time-consuming stunts to humiliate her by setting her up with some fat Prince or other, instead of just taking her OTK and giving her what she deserved:
Copyright DC Comics Inc.

What a waste of time! Well, I couldn't stand it any more, so despite possessing zero artistic talent, I've created a fake image to show what Superman should have done to Lois!!

The way IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN!! :twisted:

For anyone with real artistic talent who would like to try doing a better fake than this (it won't be hard), here are links to the two images you can download and use: Lois in Spanking Position and
Superman Seated with Hand Raised (obviously you'll need to put Lois' image over those of the two super-tots just as I did).
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Sexual Innuendo in Lois Lane

Postby web-ed » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:02 pm

I could have added this to the previous post, but it's not really a case of a missed spanking opportunity. Of course this is purely unintentional, but you have to wonder how the editor missed this when it came across his desk:

Copyright DC Comics Inc.
Forget about Lois' supposedly futuristic super-brain - that kind of silliness was always taking place in the "Superman Family" books - what really matters here is that it looks like an illicit rendezvous between Superman and Lois at a tacky Las Vegas motel! To make matters worse, the name of the place is the Lucky Lady Motel :lol: ! Yep, this is where guys take their gals when they want to "get lucky".

Oh, my :o !
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Two Unused Paddles in Wonder Woman

Postby web-ed » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:24 pm

There were a fair number of Holliday sorority girls paddlings in Wonder Woman, but there were also an interesting number of unused paddles and paddling references. Here are two of them:

In the first, from Wonder Woman #5, we see that guards in the women's prison on Mars are armed not with guns, but with paddles! Of course, there's also lots of bondage in evidence. You have to love the prisoners' "uniform" also. No paddling, though.
Copyright DC Comics, Inc.

In the second, Wonder Woman is trying to get a depressed young woman named Gay to become happily integrated into society. How to do that? She turns Gay over to Etta Candy and her Holliday College girls! In this scene, Etta demands to know what secret wishes Gay has kept in her heart. Notice that Etta and the unnamed girl at right are both carrying paddles! (At least, Harry Peters' weird idea of what sorority paddles looked like). We may infer that these paddles had recently been applied to Gay's backside - now that's the way to cheer her up! :)

There's really nothing like Wonder Woman :D !
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Another Wacky Scene From Jimmy Olsen

Postby web-ed » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Worst of all the Superman Family comic books back in the Silver and Bronze Ages was Jimmy Olsen. I've recently been forced to go through a lot of back issues of this title as part of my search for The Holy Grail of comic-book spankings, finding only some really bad M/M stuff for my efforts. But there were definite possibilities, particularly where Lucy Lane (Lois' sister and Jimmy's sometime girlfriend during these years) was concerned.

Now Jimmy Olsen was certainly no prize catch as a boyfriend, but even so Lucy treats him rather badly. Let's see an example:

First of all, only DC would even think of printing a panel this goofy - Lucy wallops Jimmy with the arm of a female robot! Unprovoked physical violence like this is clearly grounds for a spanking, and Jimmy should have administered one on the spot. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Another Wonder Woman Paddle Remark

Postby web-ed » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 am

Here's one more, from Wonder Woman #8 (Spring 1944). It's pretty strange, but we've grown to expect that by now. Upon being issued a rifle, Etta Candy's first thought is that it would make a good paddle!

Major Steve Trevor takes the Holliday College girls with him into battle, so he issues them army rifles and steel helmets - what could be more natural? :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Comic-Book and Superhero Spanking