Newspaper strip spankings

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Bawdy Bard

Re: newspaper strips

Post by Bawdy Bard »

Sharing my gags up front jimc? Hmmm....I had to think long and hard on this. Hence my long delayed reply. You see the problem is a few years back another artist (who shall remain nameless) requested some of my jokes, promising to be faithful to their overall concept. So I gave him a dozen of my best, and then he turned around and tweaked the jokes in such a way that the gags were just not now awful (just not my opinion), but did it in such a way that I don't even want to think of those jokes now, try as I might. On top of which he chose that moment to abandon his popular artistic style for something more...radical. Which was also very unpopular. Harking to his fans' comments he immediatly went back to his old style. But my jokes, my concepts, it's like they'd been thrown up on. And for me, my gags/concepts/jokes are very personal for me. I don't like my "art" being mistreated so. That's why I've stuck with Karstens for so long, I can trust him to be faithful to my vision.

However I realize there's no way he can do them all. Neither of us will live that long. Time to take a chance. So here's a quick twenty for people to look over and if any aspiring artists want to try, go for it. I only ask for the following. Obviously I can only ask, I'm just hoping no one else will "throw-up" on my concepts.

1 - Stick to the gag. Please don't try to tweak it yourself. Or if you want to tweak, please ask first. I feel VERY strongly about this.
2 - ONLY happy spankings! Again, this is something I feel VERY strongly about. If you like punishment spanking, fine. But these are my jokes and I want them to fall into the Happy category. So it should always be VERY clear in some way that the girl is enjoying having her bottom warmed.
3 - I greatly prefer the woman to be nude (maybe their superheroine costumes are lying in a recognizable heap in the corner), but I'm not as hung up on this as I am in 1 & 2. At the very least please make it a bare bottom spanking.
4 - Unless otherwise stated I prefer my gags to be in the form of an OTK hand only spanking. As in 3, I'm not as hung up on this, just a preference.

Okay, enough ramblings,conditions and requests. Here be the gags. The first few are very general and can be used for any characters. The rest are situation/character specific. Not all of them are gold, in fact some of them you may not like at all, or even stink. But than, we all have different ideas of what is funny.

1 - Girl is begging for harder/more spanking.
Guy:(thought balloon) When she said liked it rough, I didn't know she liked it this rough.
2 - Girl: Yes! OW! You're even better then (some guy) or (some other guy).
Present spanker: It's all in the wrist.
3 A Super heroine or villaness with limited invulnerability and normally a tough-girl attitude getting spanked.
Girl: OW!It hurts! OW! More please!
Guy: (thought ballon) So much for her being such a hard ass.
4 - A guy is useing a fancy new paddle on a young lady. Nearby is an opened Christmas/birthday box. The tag reads "To guy From Girl." She's begging to be paddled harder.
Caption Box:The gift that keeps on giving.
5 - Dressed up as D&D characters, a girl is getting a good OTK bare-assed spanking.
Girl: Faster! OW! Please Master!
Caption Box: Mixing D&D with some B&D.
6 - Old Hercules cartoons - Helena is being spanked by Hercules, her bare ass is very red.
Caption Box: A Maschoist's maschoist.
Hercules: Ready for some Greek sex?
Helena: Yes! OW! But no ointment this time please!
7 - Plasticman is spanking his wife Roxanne. Only his hand is shaped liked a cane.
Roxanne: OW! Now please! Ow! Make it a paddle next!
8 - Batman is spanking a bare bottomed Catwoman. Or Spidey spanking Black Cat. Or somebody spanking Tigra.
Woman: I'm sorry! OW! Harder! OW! I need to be punished!
Caption Box: Taming a wildcat!
9- 2 paneler - First panel - Flintstones - Fred is is giving Wilma an OTK spanking
Wilma: Yes! OW! More please!
Caption Box: The more things change...
Second panel - Jetsons - George is giving Jane an old-fashioned OTK spanking
Jane Yes! OW! Don't ever stop!
Caption Box: The more they stay the same.
10 - Disney Pocohontas - Nakoma is being spanked by John Smith. Nearby is an impatient looking Pocohontas. Pocohontas is rubbing her clearly already spanked (and reddened) behind.
Nakoma: Please! Ow! More!
Pocohontas: I want another turn!
John Smith : (thought balloon) I'm going to have to build a woodshed!
11 - Disney's Bonkers is spanking Miranda. Bonkers has a facial expression of realizing just how exciting this is.
Mirada: Harder!OW Don't stop! OW!
Caption Box: The day Bonkers found out he was really an S&M cartoon.
12 - X-Men - Naked Jean Grey is chained to a wall, or tied over a spanking bench. There are other dungeon instruments nearby. She is being strapped/caned by Scott, and begging him to punish her harder!
Caption Box : The other Danger Room.
13 - X-Men - BoomBoom is lying over Kurt's or Scott's or Wolverine's lap and being spanked!
BoomBoom: Harder please! OW! I've been so bad!
Caption Box: Lowering the boom on BoomBoom.
14 - X-men- Naked Rogue is lying over fully costumed Qucksilver's lap and he's giving her a hard, and obviously rapid, hand spanking. Meaning no gloves.
Caption Box: Rogue is finally able to experience the joy of a bare hand on her bare bottom.
Rogue:Yes! OW! Faster! OW! That way Ah ...OW! can't absorb your powers! OW!
15 - X-Men - Rogue's bare bottom is being swatted a wooden strap or paddle.
Rogue; Harder! OW! Ah love the feel of ole' hickory!
16 - Mission Hill - Green Haired Vicki is being spanked by one of the guys.
Vicki: Ow! More! OW! Punish me more! OW! Please!
Top caption box:Vicki desperately needed her karma realigned.
Bottom Caption Box: Or so she claims.
17 - Archie comics. Betty or Veronica or both are holding their naked butts up high in the air eagerly waiting the feel of Mr.Weatherbee's strap.
Top Caption Box:The school strap has been deemed illegal for school punishment.
Girl: More please! OW! Harder!
Bottom Caption Box: Unless specifically requested for by the student.
18 - Captain Planet. Gia is being spanked by Captain Planet.
Gia: Harder! OW! Spank harder!
Caption Box: Taming Mother Nature.
19- Blondie - 2 paneler. First panel - Blondie is lying over Dagwood's as he gives her a good bare-assed OTK spanking with a big hairbrush.
Second panel - Spanking is over though Blondie is in no hurry to ger off her husband's lap. We now Fullerbrush man see standing nearby is a pleased looking Fullerbrushman (we can read it on his sample suitcase).
Blondie: We'll buy the entire set!
20 - Daredevil- Daredevil is spanking BlackWidow or Electra on the bare bottom.
Daredevil: You shouldn't have dared me!
Girl: (thought balloon) Why do you think...OW!...I did!

Well, that's it for now. Please let me know your over all thoughts, which are your favourites as well as which ones you hated. Later.

Bawdy Bard
Bawdy Bard

Post by Bawdy Bard »

Oh one more thing. Sort of a 5th condition. Only Mf spankings. NO Ff spankings. A condition I feel strongly about. Why? I really dislike Ff spankings because it leaves me wondering what the dominant female would be looking like with her bottom warmed.
jimc

Post by jimc »

Great ones i too always think how the dominant woman would look with a red bottom as well in f/f. I think your fullerbrush man joke could of course be used with any domestic family series (Blondie,Jetsons, Plastic Man, Flintstones, Archie etc.) I too prefer m/f otk hand spankings, but i like any otk except m/m and i'm not that thrilled with f/m either. I am like you in that i only want to see happy spankings thats why i enjoyed DSD and Homer so much as the females for the most part were smiling at being otk and having their bottoms spanked. I differ from you on the B/d and s/m parts as i feel spanking is not really a part of that scene (Not my intrest) and that spanking is something that is more shared (i do like the harder,faster themes though) than staged like b/d (whips,dungeons, etc.) So thanks for sharing your vision i liked most of them, but all of us do have different tastes in how the perfect spanking should be depicted and all of them would be tweaked for our intrest (again i do not think that your ideas are exclusive as much as they are ideas about how you would like to see them portrayed and not cast in stone.)
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

BB's Gags

Post by web-ed »

For once, I'll try to be brief. First, thanks for sharing these with us, BB. These ideas are at the least thought-provoking - we can only hope they're also art-provoking as well! For what little it's worth, here are my 5 favorites:

#3 (tough girl gets spanked) - no comment necessary.
#8 (taming a wildcat) - I think the appeal is similar to that of #3. I like to see that even the strongest women must submit to spanking.
#10 (Disney Pocohontas) - nice historical joke (how did the woodshed come to be used for spanking?).
#12 (X-men, preferably with Jean over the spanking horse and the cane being used) - The other Danger Room indeed!
#20 (Daredevil/Black Widow) - that's what she gets for daring Daredevil! By the way, there was a DD/BW "spanking" in DD's mag way back when (really it was just a silly slap on the butt). I've worked up a long page featuring this, and it will be posted as soon as the current Wonder Woman series is concluded. [Here is the added link to the page.]
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

BB, some good ideas. I too am big on #3 and #8. There is just something intriguing about the image of someone as great and powerful as Wonder Woman or Xena getting spanked.
My favorite type of spanking scenario could be called "the getting her just desserts" or getting her "comeuppance." Indeed this is the theme of much great spanking material.
It is the spoiled brat who as always gotten her way, the scheming, conniving femme fatale, the overbearing,shrewish wife who is accustomed to "wearing the pants" in her family(until she gets hers pulled down), the haughty woman of high social standing, maybe even royalty. Thats whats appealing, that even if a woman is a queen she can still end up with a sore bottom. What a great picture it would make- a queen sitting on her throne on a pillow which she has to use because she has gotten her bottom soundly spanked.
I do disagree about F/F. If its a matter of being taken down a few notches, a female spanker could do the job just as well.
In fact there are some scenarios where F/F is really the only choice- the boyfriend stealer,or the woman who makes a play for another's husband.
Indeed there is something to said for the argument that a heterosexual woman would dread being spanked by another straight woman more so than by a man. She would not be able to use her femine wiles to lessen the intensity of the punishment.
Bawdy Bard

Post by Bawdy Bard »

Thanks all for the kind comments. You're quite right jimc, the "fullerbrush" gag could pretty well work with any married couple. I guess "Blondie" first leaped to my mind because the character appears, or did appear, do often in that comic strip. Slow or fast spankings though, all the same to me as I am a Top. As long as they're always, and here we do agree, happy spankings.

Glad you liked my concepts Tanner, though they're not totally your cup of aphrodisiac. Obviously you more into punishment cartoons, which is cool. To each his own. I don't mind a spanking that starts out as punishment, as long as it ends up with her wanting more. Maybe that queen could have a royal spanker, like a royal jester or royal taster, on hand for whenever she starts to feel the royal bitch itch. ;)

I was looking at your latest "office spanking " web-ed and I was thinking about your concern that this just another one of those many old cartoons without as caption. Why not hold caption contests. Every week put up an uncaptioned cartoon and get people to send in their shortened version of "a thousand words" that best conveys the visual message of the cartoon. Since these cartoons are basically from old sex cartoon mags, I don't think anybody's going to protest. Just a thought.
jimc

Re: newspaper spanking

Post by jimc »

here is the url for the wendy winkle dream sequence http:www.reuben.org/ncs/members/memorium/branner.jpg. When i first saw this in 1968 it was one of the first spankings that i had found in mainstream newspapers ( i had seen others of course(Little Iodine/Katzenjammer kids/buster brown etc) and although it was a childlike wendy getting spanked the idea was that she was a teenager wishing she could get spanked. This led me to start looking for other spanking strips and have found several, but this was one of my favorites because it was in color and at the time i was a teenager myself and wished that i could spank the very lovely wendy as well. there is one on ebay that has been there quite awhile ( i don't think the seller is ever going to get his asking price for it) from Steve Canyon. anybody remember their 1st strip that led them on the road to being a spanko. Thanks for your time.
Jim
jimc

Post by jimc »

i thought your ideas were great, but i do wonder about what you consider tweaking as each one i read i did think about different charactors or storylines and like you every one them started another spanking series ( i think your Flintstones to the Jetsons idea was also great). And while we are on the subject of cartoon heroines anybody remember the first Ariel (not the mermaid) on Thundar the barbarian.(he was always throwing her over his shoulder and i thought he was going to whack her a few times.) I always remember the great Jade on Jonny Quest and all the spankables in all of the hanna/barbara cartoons.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

More on BB's ideas

Post by web-ed »

I'm afraid I missed Thundarr the Barbarian, although I seem to remember that the late Steve Gerber, who wrote that Howard the Duck where Beverly gets spanked, did some writing for the show - too bad he didn't write another spanking! After he created The Spanker, I always wondered if he might be one of us.

I remember Jade a little. When Jonny Quest was first released on DVD, I passed it up as too expensive, but it must be available somewhere now at bargain prices. If I pick it up and see a spankable-Jade pose, I'll post it here. As for the other Hanna-Barbera cartoons, there were certainly some possibilities. As a matter of fact, I've got three spankings involving the Scooby-Doo gang in the hamper (one by the Karstens/Bard team), and they'll be posted eventually.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Newspaper strip spankings and 1st exposure

Post by web-ed »

Jim - thanks for the URL to the Wendy Winkle spanking. It is exceptional! I'll have to post it early in my next series of strip spankings (thanks to you, I've got quite a few, although of course I haven't coded their web pages yet). To have her feeling guilty and wishing she could be punished by being spanked is truly remarkable. The only situation I can remember that seems even remotely similar was a Wendy the Good Little Witch comic (interesting coincidence with the names) in which Wendy feels so guilty about some minor misbehavior that she spends several pages trying to find someone to spank her for it! That one I've never posted because that Wendy is only a child.

On that e-bay Steve Canyon spanking, I agree the seller is going to have a hard time getting his price for this excellent item. The recession has caused the prices of many collectibles, including original comic art, to decline. I actually had the notion a few months ago to try to make money by commissioning spanking art and then selling it for a profit (after posting it on CSR of course!), but when I realized what the market situation was, I gave it up. I had run across both this and another Steve Canyon spanking earlier, and if we can't afford to buy them, we can at least see them after I get them posted in the CSR comics gallery. By the way, I've located the Debbie spanking, and it will be posted in due course.

I hope we get some responses to your question about first strip experiences on the road to becoming a spanko. I really can't remember anything from the strips affecting me much - for me, it was comic books rather than strips. Even there, it was mostly fantasizing about spanking superheroines rather than seeing them actually getting spanked. I didn't see that one of Batman spanking Marcia Monroe (perhaps DC's best M/F spanking) until I was 15 or so, by which time I had already spent years thinking about spanking and paddling Batgirl, Dumb Bunny, Zatanna, Wonder Woman, and most of all, Supergirl! (The Marvel heroines and the LSH heroines I didn't think about as much until later). I guess I had a very active, if deviant, imagination. :)
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Re: Newspaper strip spankings

Post by jimc »

Although i think the wendy winkle strip is excellant i do wish people could have seen the larger size and colored one as that made the strip as much as the black and white is kinda lost in the article itself. ( I actually did not see that wendy the good witch spanking until years later and until you mentioned it and did not connect them) I say that the strips led me to spanking, but i still believe that a spanko is hard-wired to be one and while the sights offer a trigger i think that we are born with the spanko gene and not everyone shares its influence. i reconized that i was a spanko at an early age and so any spanking (nursery rhyme, comic book, comic strip,movie, tv show, etc) just made me look at all those things closer. I think i remember one of Popeye spanking the Sea Hag one time (although Popeye has been around for so long it is hard to say when the spanking took place in a early strip or a later strip) and it made me look closer at Popeye and he did have many spankings in the series to all sorts of different charactors (Olive Oyl (was spanked many times), his nephews, Alice the goon, jeep the magical dog, Poopdeck Pappy, Sweetpea, Bluto, Sea Hag, there was this waitress as well and even Popeye himself). I thought about the heroines getting spanked as well as the main charactor (Lois Lane,Katy keene, Fritzi Ritz, etc) (i consider myself an equal oppurtunity spanker! as long as they are female).
Jim
Bawdy Bard

Post by Bawdy Bard »

What do I consider inappropiate tweaking jimc? Well fiddling with the basic joke itself is a big no-no obviously. As for switching characters I wouldn't mind PROVIDED the new characters fit within the parameters of the old characters.

For example, in joke 11 we have Bonkers spanking Miranda, with the joke that Bonkers now realizes he's an S&M cartoon character. Not the greatest joke I admit, but still the punchline is kind of obvious. And it works because Bonkers realizes he's a cartoon character to begin with. Sbsequently the joke would not work so well with Batman spanking Catwoman. Batman is not aware of his being a cartoon character, so the joke would fall flat. This should be obvious I know, but for some people it's no big deal to substitute inappropiate characters. Which has pissed me off in the past. However, the joke would still work, and be acceptable, if it was Roger Rabit spanking his wife Jessica.

Basically if you want to use different characters, think about characters that fit the joke, and just don't substitute any characters just for the sake of substituting.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Someone here asked, "who was the most prolific spanking artist in comics history?" or words to that effect.

Although Lee Falk's "The Phantom" strip was -- deservedly -- mentioned, along with his "Mandrake the Magician," I still think the all-time most prolific spanko comics artist is Zack Mosley.

Mosley, who created and drew "The Adventures of Smilin' Jack" about an intrepid aviator, was himself an aviator. He logged over 3,000 miles of flying time, and flew Civilian Air Patrol missions during World War II.

His popular strip, "Smilin' Jack," ran in hundreds of newspapers from 1933 to 1973. Forty years (or was it forty-one?) is a lengthy career for any comic strip.

And our hero, "Jack," had occasion to spank many naughty maidens during the run of the strip. So far, I've collected seven (7), and have posted all of them either here or on the http://chross.blogt.ch/forum/index.php board.

So... does the honor belong to Mosley? to Falk? Or to the illustrators who drew the various Superman spanking panels?

Whoever it turns out to be, I''m still searching for more "Smilin' Jack" panels. A comic strip that runs for Forty years and contains SEVEN spankings, must contain at least a few more!

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Who is the Most Prolific Spanking Artist?

Post by web-ed »

Dan,

You could be right about Zack Mosley, and I wish you luck in finding some more spankings in Smilin' Jack - we'd all love to see them.

For anyone who hasn't seen all seven that Dan mentioned, take heart - I had 6 of them, two already posted and 4 in my files, and I'll post those remaining 4 plus the 7th that Dan had in the weeks to come as I continue the Newspaper Strips series.

[01/18/2011 update: 8 spankings from Smilin' Jack are now in Comics Gallery 2.]
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Steve Canyon Spanks Poteet Off-Camera

Post by web-ed »

Tanner remembered this one, which was just sent to me by TipTopper. Because the spanking isn't actually shown, I won't make a page in the main site or an entry in the Comics Spanking Data Base. It's a pretty good scene, though, and the WAF's expression in the last panel when Steve tells her that Poteet went to get an air cushion to sit on makes me wonder just what she might have been thinking... Anyway, here is a link (it's too big to fit comfortably in a forum page), with my thanks to TipTopper for sending this high-quality scan:
Link here

09/23/2011 Update: An individual page does now exist for this one - see Comics Gallery 2.
-- Web-Ed