Black Canary

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Tanner

Black Canary

Post by Tanner »

Just saw something about a lesser-known DC heroine(1940s?) called the Black Canary. Said she wore a black cape, shorts and black fishnets, kind of a "tough girl" look.
Like to imagine seeing her getting spanked on the seat of those black fishnet tights. Come to think of if a paddle or brush was used, the fishnet mesh would be shredded and she'd be getting it bare.
Have to look around to see if can find more about her. Thought if she was not known here would be one to be on lookout for.
Last edited by web-ed on Mon May 02, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correct typo
web-ed
Site Admin

More on Black Canary

Post by web-ed »

Black Canary (Dinah Drake Lance) was indeed a lesser-known DC heroine. She was mentioned briefly on this forum in a topic titled (naturally enough) "Lesser discussed Heroines". Her first appearance was in Flash Comics #86 (August 1947) and she eventually joined other golden-age heroes in the Justice Society of America. Without super-powers, she fought crime using mainly Judo with the occasional help of small aids she kept in her amulet (sort of like a much more limited version of Batman's utility belt).

With the arrival of the Silver Age, the old Justice Society was relegated to Earth-2 while their modern counterpart, the Justice League of America, supposedly lived on Earth-1. During a big battle between the Justice Society and Aquarius, Dinah's husband Larry Lance was killed and Superman suggested she move to Earth-1, which she did (see Justice League #73-74). For some reason, someone at DC must have figured that a heroine fighting crime using mainly her fists and wits wasn't good enough, even though there were a lot of heroes who did just that (Batman, Wildcat, Earth-2 Atom, etc.), and she was given a sort of Canary Cry (Justice League #75). This power somewhat resembled Banshee's sonic scream over at Marvel, where he had debuted in The X-Men a couple of years earlier.
Cover of Justice League #75 (Web-Ed's collection).  Copyright DC Comics, Inc.
Cover of Justice League #75 (Web-Ed's collection). Copyright DC Comics, Inc.
jla_no_75_cover.jpg (244.75 KiB) Viewed 14979 times
Black Canary was therefore kind of unique among superheroes in that she was born on Earth-2 but lived on Earth-1. All of this history was later "retconned" shortly before Crisis on Infinite Earths, probably because somebody was troubled by the timelines - how could someone who must have fought crime for 20 years on Earth-2, followed by a 2nd career on Earth-1, still look like she was under 30? (For comparison purposes, remember that the Earth-2 Superman and Batman were usually shown with gray hair). Frankly, I wouldn't have worried about it, but they did, and so it was decided that the "Earth-1" Black Canary was actually the daughter of the original, who was now deceased.

Black Canary did wear fishnet stockings and some kind of leotard, although maybe that's not the correct term as her top was more of a bustier (much like everyone's favorite, Wonder Woman). As I mentioned in "Lesser-Discussed Heroines", I never thought about spanking her the way I did so many other super-heroines. I'm not sure why - perhaps because Zatanna, whose costume also featured fishnets, seemed much more spankable somehow. She probably did deserve a spanking, if for no other reason than for choosing to go out with Green Arrow, who by then had become an insufferable blowhard.

Let's take a break from my droning on and on and look at a page from an unusual team-up story featuring Black Canary and Starman, c. 1965 (story by Gardner Fox and art by Murphy Anderson):

Here, BC takes a mirror from her amulet and uses it to blind her invisible foe, then clouts him on the jaw.

There were no Black Canary spankings in the comics, and the closest thing to a spankable position I can remember occurred in Action Comics #441 (November 1974). The scene took place in Dinah's floral shop, with art by Mike Grell:

O.K., Black Canary now has her own topic on this forum. Let us know how you feel about Black Canary getting spanked, won't you?
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Black Canary

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

WOW!!! what a great figure this lady has. Man if only the writers couldv"e let her have gotten a spanking or two maybe from BATMAN or a SUPER villain it would have made this book so much fun to read.Being a guy that love strong female characters I always hoped that they would get humble sometimes with a good spanking!
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hiya wolfie,

HUMFPT! muscle indeed......................nothing a good paddle wouldn't take care of :lol: . personally, while some muscle tone is great, i like the female bottom so have a little giggle to it, especially when getting spanked :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Black Canary Spanking

Post by web-ed »

Well, I finally found a Black Canary Spanking, but it's not what we wanted - it's BC giving the spanking to a male midget criminal - yuch! :roll: Although it is a slight improvement over all those horrible M/M midget-spankings that people seemed to have thought were very humorous during the Golden Age. This one appears to have come from a Justice Society story in an old issue of All-Star Comics (I'm still not sure which). I'll have to post it eventually, but not any time soon, and it will definitely have a red warning label so anyone who wants to can avoid it.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-ed wrote:

Well, I finally found a Black Canary Spanking, but it's not what we wanted - it's BC giving the spanking to a male midget criminal - yuch!... I'll have to post it eventually....

Did I miss an indoctrination class here, or something? WHY do you say you'll "have to post it eventually...?"

All along, I've been under the impression that the CSR is a website designed for those who enjoy seeing pictures and photos of pretty women getting spanked. Male spanks female is best, though occasionally we can enjoy some pics with girl-girl action.

You yourself have occasionally expressed your own personal distaste for pics of males on the receiving end. I'm with you on that; and it does appear that 90 per cent -- or more -- of all the pictorial spankings ever produced, show females getting spanked. So, WHY do you say you "have to post" F/M when it rears its ugly head?

Confused,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Black Canary, and When Are F/M Posted?

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:All along, I've been under the impression that the CSR is a website designed for those who enjoy seeing pictures and photos of pretty women getting spanked. Male spanks female is best, though occasionally we can enjoy some pics with girl-girl action.
I don't blame you for being confused, Dan, as my editorial standards on these issues have been anything but clear, especially since they've been spread out all over the place. :? My current policy regarding Comic Book/Strip F/M is that I'm not going to bother posting it UNLESS the spanker is a costumed superheroine. In either case, these scenes will be placed in the Comic Spanking Data Base (where it's easy to avoid them by selecting the "M/F" orientation as part of any search). That's why I didn't post the recent one I discovered in Wonder Woman #3 - it wasn't WW herself giving the spanking.

So why do I post the ones I do even though I don't like them at all? My thinking is that I have some obligation to F/M fanciers if the scene is objectively well-done or historically important, especially if they are unlikely to be able to find the material anywhere else. Trying to look at it from their point of view, if they want to see F/M superheroine spanking (or F/M Humorama spanking cartoons, which were thankfully few in number and which I won't address further here), where else could they go but CSR? I hope that doesn't sound egocentric, but the fact remains that I am the discoverer (at least among spankos who post on the internet) of numerous F/M scenes, including 4 out of the 5 known ones involving Mary Marvel, a historically significant superheroine by anyone's standards. Even when I can't claim "credit" for discovering these scenes, as is the case with the Black Canary one which was scanned by a person unknown, I may very well be the only source within the Spanko community - and where else would spankos look for these things? If I suppress them, then, they will probably never be seen by those who desire them, and I will have failed to serve that portion of the spanko community (admittedly a minority).

I have taken a number of measures in the past year to segregate F/M material so that the majority who don't wish to see it don't have to. Specifically, I started using warning labels (this was your own suggestion, as I'm sure you'll remember) and pushed all the F/M stuff in the Humor Section way down to the bottom of the index page in its own subsection. As I mentioned above, it's easy to filter out everything but M/F when searching the Comics Spanking Data Base.

The only remaining issue is the F/M stuff in Comics Gallery 1, where it's difficult for me to move things around. I may however choose to do so later this year. As for Black Canary and any other new stuff, I will probably segregate it in its own section at the bottom of the index page (still with warning labels!) so it will be easy to ignore. Another possibility would be to create a third comics gallery for F/M only, but I'm inclined against this solution because I hope never to have enough of this material to justify another gallery.

To summarize, then, F/M stuff involving costumed superheroines will be posted with warnings and as far away from M/F and F/F as possible; other F/M stuff goes into the DB only where you have to look for it even to get the details (and without pictures).
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Adam Hughes Black Canary

Post by web-ed »

I should have posted this earlier, but I forgot. It's a colorized version of the Adam Hughes drawing that Dave Wolfe posted a while back. While I don't like self-spanking, which this isn't except in the most technical sense, the color does add something, and I'm with Phil in imagining that a good paddle applied by a sturdy spanker is just what the doctor ordered for BC's well-toned behind :) !
Attachments
Black Canary, colorized version
Black Canary, colorized version
Black_Canary_adam_hughes_colorized_by_iceogre.jpg (161.25 KiB) Viewed 14085 times
-- Web-Ed
samantha

Post by samantha »

I have always wanted to own a pair of fishnet tights....they are super cute. Though, I have to say, I really like hose with the back seam (even though I don't care for pantyhose itself). I always wondered if guys looked at that back seam and would be mentally following the line up the skirt. ;) I also wonder if it is just an urban legend or if women in the 30's and 40's really did just draw a line with eyeliner pencil on their legs if they couldn't afford to purchase pantyhose.

And Phil, your comment about liking a woman to have a little bit of jiggle....so glad that there are men like you in the world!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

samantha wrote:Though, I have to say, I really like hose with the back seam (even though I don't care for pantyhose itself). I always wondered if guys looked at that back seam and would be mentally following the line up the skirt. ;) I also wonder if it is just an urban legend or if women in the 30's and 40's really did just draw a line with eyeliner pencil on their legs if they couldn't afford to purchase pantyhose.
In answer to your first question, Samantha, yes guys do mentally follow the back seam up under the skirt. At that point, some of us (guess which ones) start thinking about spanking her. :)

I can't believe that women way back when would draw a line on their legs, so I have to think it's just an urban legend.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I have heard from more than one source that women drew a line up the back of their legs during World War II because clothes rationing did not allow for stockings and the silk stockings of the day wore out fairly quickly. This may have only applied in Australia where most women have suntanned legs all year round.
jimc

Post by jimc »

Black Canary was actually threatened with spankings in her origin stories and I would have loved to have seen it. She has always been spankable even as Dinah and I thought it was an amazing storyline. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:Black Canary was actually threatened with spankings in her origin stories and I would have loved to have seen it. She has always been spankable even as Dinah and I thought it was an amazing storyline. Have a great day.
Jim
I'll have to try to find that, Jim - Black Canary goes back a ways, but if I can find a reprint of her first appearance I'll check it out. Any spanking threat I find will be posted here.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

it was in Secret Origins of DC Heros it had Black Canary; Green Arrow and Specter if I remember correctly. She was a Police Officer working for her father and his partner thought she would get in the way and threatened her with a spanking. She bristled and replied "If you think you are man enough" Later by her athletic ability she saved Larry Lance and asked if he still felt like giving her a spanking. He replied "Forget it, Taming wildcats is out of my league." Still I wished he had spanked her, but do have to admit I do enjoy her costume and the great one that you found of Dinah with Green Arrow and wished he would have spanked her as well. have a great day.
Jim
jimc

Post by jimc »

I finally found the origin story again it was in SECRET ORIGNS OF SUPER HEROES in 1978 Vol. 2 # 10. and it had a great shot of her in her costume for the 1st time. Ihope that you can now find it web-ed and do the panel justice. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:I finally found the origin story again it was in SECRET ORIGNS OF SUPER HEROES in 1978 Vol. 2 # 10. and it had a great shot of her in her costume for the 1st time. I hope that you can now find it web-ed and do the panel justice. Have a great day.
Jim
Thanks for your efforts, Jim! I'll hunt it down and maybe post it as part of Super-Spanking Summer!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Well, that didn't take too long! Once I had the detailed publication information Jim provided, it wasn't hard to find a copy, and Black Canary is indeed threatened with a spanking by the man she will later marry, Larry Lance. No actual spanking, though - darn! :( I think I'll wait until Super-Spanking Summer to post the panels - right here! :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Black Canary Spanking Threat

Post by web-ed »

O.K., as promised, here is the scene in which Larry Lance threatens to spank BC (Dinah Drake), from Secret Origins of Super-Heroes #10 (1978):

© DC Comics Inc.

Boy, she's really asking for it here - what a brat! Larry and Dinah were eventually married, at least in the original continuity, so perhaps he finally did give her some spankings, but alas there are none in the comics. She sure could have used them.

Thanks to Jim C. for his help on this one. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Well, I've finally got some more links to Black Canary spankings on the main site:

1. Doctor Cylon #263

2. Batgirl Bat-Paddles Black Canary

More next week!
-- Web-Ed