Unknown toon -- from 1950s?

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Unknown toon -- from 1950s?

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed... Don't know if you have this one in your CSR files. Pretty sure I didn't get it from you.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Re: Unknown toon -- from 1950s?

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

interesting toon and it makes me wonder what the whole story is. in any case, i guess in the days of the frontier, you could just pull over and spank your woman any time she needed it with no worries about someone seeing because of crowded freeways :lol: .when i open it, it says it is from oaky doaks but it doesn't appear to match either of the ones in the CSR database. i like the drawing although i would have preferred it if the spanker had found a place to sit before starting. i like the horse watching too............i guess that's what they mean by a horse laugh :lol: . nice find. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Yes Dan, as it happens I do have this one in my files - a CSR reader sent it to me about a year ago - but I haven't gotten around to posting it yet. This is the Oaky Doaks Sunday strip from 1947, so your guess of the 1950's was not far off. It will be given its own page, let's hope someday soon.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

"Oaky Doaks". There's a comic strip I remember from my childhood.

1947 is a trifle early. Looks like the spanking was revenge for Oaky's black eye.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:"Oaky Doaks". There's a comic strip I remember from my childhood.

1947 is a trifle early. Looks like the spanking was revenge for Oaky's black eye.
This strip had a long run, Willjohn, from 1935 to 1961, and I'm guessing your childhood must have occurred near the end of that time. We've seen another spanking from Oaky Doaks in black & white, and I have a color version (unfortunately slightly abbreviated) of it from years later when it was reprinted in comic book form that we'll be seeing one of these days. But I don't have the panels leading up to this 1947 spanking, which is the main reason I held off on it - I've been searching for the whole strip but so far haven't come up with it.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I started school in the early 1950s. Oaky Doaks turned up a few years later in a Sunday newspaper in Sydney, but not for long.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I looked up the strip 7 found that Oaky spent a lot of his time getting Princess Pomona out of scrapes.

I don't know whether the spankee in that cartoon was Pomona, but if it was she probably deserved it.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Is it Princess Pomona?

Post by web-ed »

Could be, Willjohn. I've been able to review some of Oaky Doaks from the original strip, and some from reprints in comic-book form. I imagine I'll get the relevant strip eventually and we'll find out who she is.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Good spanking if only the guy was sitting down on something :lol: can`t make out the black eye he got thought it was a patch :lol: the horse seem to like the spanking ! anyway hope to see the whole panel leading toward the spanking!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Oaky never wore a patch, it looks more like a bruise.