Rita Moreno

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Rita Moreno

Post by hugob00m »

Rita Moreno was born on the 11th of December, 1931. In spite of the frequently recited mantra, "Never too old!" I think that, at 82, she might just be past her spankable years. However... I'd like to celebrate her birthday with a lovely still from a 1956 film called The Vagabond King.
rita moreno.jpg
rita moreno.jpg (68.78 KiB) Viewed 4807 times
The lucky spanker was Oreste Kirkop, about whom I know very little... except that he got to pull Ms. Moreno across his lap and apply a few playful swats to her shapely derriere! Mmmm! If I was in his place I'd have blown the scene so that they'd have to do another take... and another... and another! Happy Birthday, Rita Moreno!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Rita Moreno

Post by web-ed »

You know, B00m, I'd completely forgotten about this one - I wonder if I ever even saw it. I can't remember now if it was on Dan's Cinema Swats video. Certainly I know who Rita Moreno is - The Vagabond King must have been very early in her career, well before West Side Story (her best musical role) in 1961. Interestingly, I see that Kathryn Grayson, the famous spankee in the movie version of Kiss Me Kate, is in this one also! Let's see - Rita would have been 24 or 25 at the time - just perfect for spanking! No clip on YouTube, although maybe Chross has one.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Web-ed and all....

This spanking scene is one of those that are completely off screen, unless you are looking at the preview trailer!

In The Vagabond King (1956), that Maltese actor, Oreste, turned over the lovely Rita Moreno for a spanking. But the spanking is NOT seen, if you are watching the film in a theater. However, if you can get ahold of a clip of the trailer, you will see that Oreste actually DOES land at least two swats on that future Oscar-winning tush. It seems obvious that the director didn't care much for the spanking scene, since he had it cut from the final print of the movie.

I don't know what the thinking is like, on films like this. You may recall that in 1938, in Bluebeards' Eighth Wife, Gary Cooper put Claudette Colbert over his lap to spank her... but the swats are not seen. However, if you can find the trailer for that movie, we do see TWO swats land on Ms. Colbert's fanny. But only on the trailer.

Know what? I see that both The Vagabond King and Bluebeard's Eighth Wife were released by Paramount. Do you suppose the discarded swats were a matter of studio policy?

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for all the detailed info, Dan - I thought you would probably know! I think it's terrible that the director cut the actual spankings from these films. I wonder if we can get ahold of the trailers?
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

All this talk about Rita Moreno has inspired me to begin a poll which will answer a burning question. Are you ready?

Now then. Over the years, several actresses have been spanked on camera, for their roles in a movie. FIVE Oscar winners are among them. Do you know who?

None of these ladies were spanked in the film that won them the Oscar. No matter. These actresses were all willing to bend over and "take it," in other, non-winning films. Can you name them?

Oh, and we are talking here about actual "spankings," not just a random smack on the butt. If that were the case, you would all say "Greer Garson" because she got one smack from her co-star Walter Pidgeon for "Mrs. Miniver" (1942) and yes, she won the Oscar for that. But we are looking for spankees who were willing to bend over, sometimes over the knee, and receive a healthy number of bottom swats. They all won the Academy Award.

WHO are these five (5) actresses? And in what films were they spanked?

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Which Five Oscar-Winning Actresses Got Spanked?

Post by web-ed »

Wow - that's a tough one, Dan. I had no idea there were five - in fact, the only likely one I could think of was Marueen O'Hara, but when I checked just now I see she was never given the Academy Award, poor woman! My next thought was Yvonne DeCarlo, but that's wrong too.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Guess nobody wants to play the "Oscar spankees" today.

The ladies I refer to are the following:

1. Janet Gaynor (spanked in Lucky Star, 1929. Won Oscar in 1928)
2. Ginger Rogers (spanked in Professional Sweetheart, 1933. Won Oscar in 1941)
3. Claudette Colbert (spanked in Bluebeard's 8th Wife, 1938.* Won Oscar in 1935)
4. Gloria Grahame (spanked in Prisoners of the Casbah, 1953. Won Oscar in 1953)
5. Rita Moreno (spanked in The Vagabond King, 1956.*. Won Oscar in 1962)

*In trailer only.

Cheers,
Dan
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

Dan,

it's not that I didn't want to play.......I had no clue! I have seen none of these movies. I am not nearly as knowledgable as all the rest of you on here. not even close. I can just sit back and enjoy and soak in all your knowledge!

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Which Five Oscar-Winning Actresses Got Spanked?

Post by web-ed »

Interesting, Dan. I'm not even sure I've seen any of these, except maybe for the Ginger Rogers film. They were all attractive women, though, so we can give thanks to the directors or studio heads who cast them in these spanking roles. :)
-- Web-Ed