publicity photos... real and fake.

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

another real one... sort of!

Post by hugob00m »

Thirty years before McLintock! there was another movie which featured gorgeous redhead getting spanked by her husband on the seat of her undies. In Professional Sweetheart Ginger Rogers played a naughty lady named "Glory Eden". Norman Foster, in the role of Glory's husband, had the not-so-onerous task of turning Ms. Rogers over his knee to give her about five swats on her thinly-clad hiney for a scene in the film... AND he had to pose with her for an OTK publicity still! (Which one of us wouldn't have wanted that job?)
Ginger Rogers OTK pose.jpg
Ginger Rogers OTK pose.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 7102 times
The "real" part is that Norman Foster really did spank Ginger Rogers on camera, and she really did wear that cute little teddy in the film. The "sort of" part is that she wasn't wearing the teddy when she got spanked. (The slip she wore in the actual spanking scene was still pretty damned sexy... but not quite as good as what she wore for the publicity shot!)

And there's another thing I like about this picture. She's winking at the audience! I don't know why this appeals to me so much, but it sure does!

I've seen a lot of copies of this photo floating around the internet for quite some time, but never a really clear, high resolution scan. This one is the best I've seen so far... do any of you have a better one?
overbarrel49

Re: publicity photos... real and fake.

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom,

this is indeed an appealing pic :D . I'd also like to see a pic of her OTK with that slip on 8-) . it looks like you've researched this one well and I appreciate all the info you shared with us. thanks, Phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

Great find b00m it is the clearest photo I have seen of this famous posed spanking. Although there is a spanking in the film I like this one better as you said the wink and her smile as well as the outfit made it one of my favorites (although any otk spanking is my favorite when I am looking at them) and the spanking does appear to be better than the quick spanks in the film before she bites him. Thanks for posting it. Have a great day.
Jim
hugob00m

Ginger Rogers spanked

Post by hugob00m »

There's a short clip of Professional Sweetheart on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNSP7OpKd-k

It's approximately two minutes long. The spanking itself is a bit of a disappointment... only five swats before she bites his leg, making him let her go. The build-up is actually a lot more exciting. The man is a bit of a prude, and she teases him by dancing around the room in her slip. Yummy!

However, what happens after the spanking really ruins this scene for me. She starts throwing things and he punches her in the face. I don't think a woman should ever be punched.
hugob00m

Ginger Rogers spanked

Post by hugob00m »

I found that still... along with some others and some interesting information about posed OTK stills on the Vanilla Spanking website.

https://mainstreamspanking.wordpress.com/
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I don't have a better still of this one, I'm afraid B00m - but what a great shot! I think the winking appeals to us because of the implication that this is something other than a pure disciplinary spanking. I don't know the plot, so I don't know what kind of spanking it was, but perhaps Ginger was letting a little bit of her own personality shine through. After all, there are a lot of women secretly pleased by the thought of being taken over a man's knee :D !
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

With my computer problems apparently at an end, let me post here a good picture that's a rarity for this sort of thing.

This is he-man cowboy star Rod Cameron, giving Yvonne DeCarlo the spanking of her life, in their movie "Frontier Gal"(1945). In the film itself, Cameron really DOES give Yvonne a sound spanking... but it's filmed out of doors, not on a studio set as this publicity photo was.

Some of the pubicity for this film proclaimed that it was Yvonne DeCarlo's "First film"... but that's just a publicity agent's wet dream. Yes, Yvonne appeared -- mostly in subordinate roles -- in about TWENTY-SIX movies before Rod Cameron put her over his knee, in "Frontier Gal." But the publicity agents were right about one thing: This movie is the one that made her a star. She went on to a stellar career, on stage and in "The Munsters", where she portrayed the ghoulish Lily Munster.

I saw Yvonne in person, at the Schubert Theater in Los Angeles in about 1971, where she sang the classic: "I'm Still Here."

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Hey Dan,

I always loved that spanking in Frontier Gal! :lol: Yvonne DeCarlo, best remembered as Lily Munster, did indeed have a long career in movies and on stage. You mentioned hearing her sing "I'm Still Here" around 1971. This was her number from Follies, which had debuted on Broadway in 1971. You must have seen the 1972 production that except for its start in St. Louis spent its entire run there in Century City from July through October. It featured most of the original Broadway cast, including Yvonne. It's a difficult and problematic musical, but when I first heard the cast recording I was struck by just how terrific Yvonne was in her role. What real talent she had! :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Yvonne Decarlo

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote:This is he-man cowboy star Rod Cameron, giving Yvonne DeCarlo the spanking of her life, in their movie "Frontier Gal"(1945). In the film itself, Cameron really DOES give Yvonne a sound spanking... but it's filmed out of doors, not on a studio set as this publicity photo was.
That is an interesting picture... and an oddity like the Ginger Rogers photo. There was an actual spanking in the movie, but with different costumes and a different background than the still photo depicts. It was nice to see this still of course. Thanks for posting it.
hugob00m

Re: Yvonne Decarlo

Post by hugob00m »

I've also seen this publicity still for Frontier Gal that shows the stars in the same costumes and on the same set that was used in the actual scene. This picture may have been shot during a break in the filming.
Yvonne Decarlo 1a.jpg
Yvonne Decarlo 1a.jpg (110.55 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
And here's Yvonne Decarlo in another costume from Frontier Gal.
Yvonne Decarlo 3.jpg
Yvonne Decarlo 3.jpg (20.36 KiB) Viewed 7021 times
Wow! Too bad she didn't get a spanking in THAT outfit!
hugob00m

Re: Ginger Rogers

Post by hugob00m »

I decided to change the greenish tint on the Ginger Rogers photo. I think she looks more appealing this way.
Ginger Rogers colorized.jpg
Ginger Rogers colorized.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 6584 times
And here's another shot of the two of them, with her wearing that cute little outfit.
Ginger Rogers 3a.jpg
Ginger Rogers 3a.jpg (57.85 KiB) Viewed 6584 times
hugob00m

Re: Yvonne De Carlo

Post by hugob00m »

I ran across Frontier Gal on youtube and ran the whole movie. It's a fun '40s-style Western with themes of justice, revenge and romance. And... of course there's that delicious spanking scene at the finale!

Lorena (De Carlo's character in the film) was bratty enough that the spanking was well-merited. She had been throwing tantrums all throughout the movie! The hero, played by Rod Cameron had just rescued their five-year-old daughter, and she was blaming him that the little girl was in danger in the first place. He tried to reason with her, but to no avail. Finally he decided to turn his headstrong wife over his knee!

The little girl's comment was, "You spanked Momma! That means you love her!"

If you count each "SMACK!" sound and each squeal, you would say that the character, Lorena, got a total of 45 swats! Wow! Oh, and she had such a cute little squeal too! And if you only count the times you can see Rod Cameron's hand strike Ms. De Carlo's derriere... that's still 16! (And who knows if she got more during rehearsals and re-takes!)

Oh, man! If I had been Rod Cameron, I would've deliberately flubbed takes on that scene, so that it would have to be shot all over again... and again... and again! What a lucky guy to get to spank Yvonne De Carlo!

If any of you want to watch the whole movie, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQXOCNG9iCs Or, if you just want to see Yvonne De Carlo get her spanking, you can fast-forward to 1:24:16!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

hugob00m wrote:

If you count each "SMACK!" sound and each squeal, you would say that the character, Lorena, got a total of 45 swats! Wow! Oh, and she had such a cute little squeal too! And if you only count the times you can see Rod Cameron's hand strike Ms. De Carlo's derriere... that's still 16! (And who knows if she got more during rehearsals and re-takes!)

Maggie Gyllenhaal appeared in "Secretary" back in 2002 and she received a pretty good spanking. To my eyes, that spanking looks real. Of course she was later interviewed and was asked what she thought about the spanking scene, and Maggie said something like yes, I agree the girl in the movie (her role) was spanked justifiably... but then Maggie added that she had forgotten that in the movies, almost every scene is shot like, four or five times. Sure enough, after the spanking, the director called for another take. And another. And another. :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Oh, man! If I had been Rod Cameron, I would've deliberately flubbed takes on that scene, so that it would have to be shot all over again... and again... and again! What a lucky guy to get to spank Yvonne De Carlo!
hi Boom,

I have to agree with you on this :lol: . I know I watch this movie any time I see it on TV and I certainly don't mind watching the spanking over and over so it seems reasonable that our hero would have wanted to do as many takes as possible 8-) .
daneldorado wrote:
Maggie Gyllenhaal appeared in "Secretary" back in 2002 and she received a pretty good spanking. To my eyes, that spanking looks real. Of course she was later interviewed and was asked what she thought about the spanking scene, and Maggie said something like yes, I agree the girl in the movie (her role) was spanked justly... but then Maggie added that she had forgotten that in the movies, almost every scene is shot like, four or five times. Sure enough, after the spanking, the director called for another take. And another. And another. :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dan

Dan,

I didn't know about this interview. Now I'm wondering if she was smiling and perhaps ruefully rubbing her bottom when she was talking about this :D . Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Here is a publicity pic you may not have seen before: Victor Jory spanks the beautiful Evelyn Venable in "Streamline Express" (1935) with an old-fashioned shoe tree... and waddaya know, this spanking is actually in the movie!

Evelyn Venable was well known in films of the thirties. Whoever it was that tagged her as "lovely and ethereal in looks, and quite unassuming in nature", was spot on. On the screen, she projected innocence and purity in almost all her roles. Her most famous film was probably "Death Takes a Holiday" (1934) opposite Frederic March. She was always a lady, never a "good time girl."

If you remember the Disney cartoon feature "Pinocchio" (1940), you may remember the major scenes involving The Blue Fairy, a beautiful spirit that comes to Pinocchio and helps the boy out. (She helps Jiminy Cricket, too!) Do you like The Blue Fairy's soothing voice? Well, that voice was provided by the lady we were just talking about: Evelyn Venable.

Cheers, Dan
hugob00m

Re: Evelyn Venable

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.
daneldorado wrote:Here is a publicity pic you may not have seen before: Victor Jory spanks the beautiful Evelyn Venable in "Streamline Express" (1935) with an old-fashioned shoe tree... and waddaya know, this spanking is actually in the movie!
I've see that photo, or one like it before... but this is the highest resolution scan I've ever seen of it! Thanks for posting it!

I can see now that Ms. Venable is in her pajamas... not much protection from that spanking! It's too bad Mr. Jory didn't get to use his hand, but I wonder if the censors would've objected to a hand spanking on such thin fabric? It's hard to tell sometimes what a censor might object to.

I found the entire movie on youtube and ran it this morning. It's not a great movie, but mildly entertaining... and the best thing about the spanking scene is that Johnny (Victor Jory's character) tells Pat (Evelyn Venable's character) that he loves her for the first time, while he has her over his knee! In that way, it's sort of like Taming the Wild.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Victory Jory spanks Evelyn Venable

Post by web-ed »

Nice picture, Dan - I don't think I'd ever heard of this movie. I do remember Victor Jory from his work in television almost 40 years later.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

I revised one of the posts on the first page of this thread with a better copy of the publicity photo from So This Is New York
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi. Back in about 1999 or so, I was surfing the tube late one night, and I chanced to spot this scene on my TV screen. Startled at what I took to be an unknown spanking scene from some foreign film, I quickly grabbed my VCR and a blank videotape. For the next hour, I happily recorded the film, which I now know is a German film from 1976. The spanker here is Germany's Michael Cromer, and the lovely blonde over his knee is the American actress Sybil Danning. The spanking action is very real, and it looks just right.

There is a second M/F over-the-knee spanking in the film, and I may post it later, but it is not in the same league as the delightful Cromer/Danning action.

Replies, anyone?

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Michael Cromer / Sybil Danning

Post by web-ed »

Hey Dan - I'm so glad you were finally able to sign in to the board :D !

I remember Sybil Danning from several B-pictures in the 70's or 80's, I believe it was. It's very nice to see her spanked here.

I would say more but I'm afraid I'm ill at the moment and concentration is difficult. When/If I get the time, I'll see if Chross has this film in his data base. I don't remember seeing it in your Cinema Swats series, but perhaps it was in one of the later volumes.

Addendum: apparently the film is called Loves of a French Pussycat and it's available in some formats. It will be a while before I'm in any position to follow up myself, however, as I've got plenty of my own video scenes to get edited.
-- Web-Ed