publicity photos... real and fake.

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Ginger Rogers

Post by hugob00m »

I decided to change the greenish tint on the Ginger Rogers photo. I think she looks more appealing this way.
Ginger Rogers colorized.jpg
Ginger Rogers colorized.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
And here's another shot of the two of them, with her wearing that cute little outfit.
Ginger Rogers 3a.jpg
Ginger Rogers 3a.jpg (57.85 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
hugob00m

Re: Yvonne De Carlo

Post by hugob00m »

I ran across Frontier Gal on youtube and ran the whole movie. It's a fun '40s-style Western with themes of justice, revenge and romance. And... of course there's that delicious spanking scene at the finale!

Lorena (De Carlo's character in the film) was bratty enough that the spanking was well-merited. She had been throwing tantrums all throughout the movie! The hero, played by Rod Cameron had just rescued their five-year-old daughter, and she was blaming him that the little girl was in danger in the first place. He tried to reason with her, but to no avail. Finally he decided to turn his headstrong wife over his knee!

The little girl's comment was, "You spanked Momma! That means you love her!"

If you count each "SMACK!" sound and each squeal, you would say that the character, Lorena, got a total of 45 swats! Wow! Oh, and she had such a cute little squeal too! And if you only count the times you can see Rod Cameron's hand strike Ms. De Carlo's derriere... that's still 16! (And who knows if she got more during rehearsals and re-takes!)

Oh, man! If I had been Rod Cameron, I would've deliberately flubbed takes on that scene, so that it would have to be shot all over again... and again... and again! What a lucky guy to get to spank Yvonne De Carlo!

If any of you want to watch the whole movie, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQXOCNG9iCs Or, if you just want to see Yvonne De Carlo get her spanking, you can fast-forward to 1:24:16!
daneldorado

Re: publicity photos... real and fake.

Post by daneldorado »

hugob00m wrote:

If you count each "SMACK!" sound and each squeal, you would say that the character, Lorena, got a total of 45 swats! Wow! Oh, and she had such a cute little squeal too! And if you only count the times you can see Rod Cameron's hand strike Ms. De Carlo's derriere... that's still 16! (And who knows if she got more during rehearsals and re-takes!)

Maggie Gyllenhaal appeared in "Secretary" back in 2002 and she received a pretty good spanking. To my eyes, that spanking looks real. Of course she was later interviewed and was asked what she thought about the spanking scene, and Maggie said something like yes, I agree the girl in the movie (her role) was spanked justifiably... but then Maggie added that she had forgotten that in the movies, almost every scene is shot like, four or five times. Sure enough, after the spanking, the director called for another take. And another. And another. :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Oh, man! If I had been Rod Cameron, I would've deliberately flubbed takes on that scene, so that it would have to be shot all over again... and again... and again! What a lucky guy to get to spank Yvonne De Carlo!
hi Boom,

I have to agree with you on this :lol: . I know I watch this movie any time I see it on TV and I certainly don't mind watching the spanking over and over so it seems reasonable that our hero would have wanted to do as many takes as possible 8-) .
daneldorado wrote:
Maggie Gyllenhaal appeared in "Secretary" back in 2002 and she received a pretty good spanking. To my eyes, that spanking looks real. Of course she was later interviewed and was asked what she thought about the spanking scene, and Maggie said something like yes, I agree the girl in the movie (her role) was spanked justly... but then Maggie added that she had forgotten that in the movies, almost every scene is shot like, four or five times. Sure enough, after the spanking, the director called for another take. And another. And another. :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dan

Dan,

I didn't know about this interview. Now I'm wondering if she was smiling and perhaps ruefully rubbing her bottom when she was talking about this :D . Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Here is a publicity pic you may not have seen before: Victor Jory spanks the beautiful Evelyn Venable in "Streamline Express" (1935) with an old-fashioned shoe tree... and waddaya know, this spanking is actually in the movie!

Evelyn Venable was well known in films of the thirties. Whoever it was that tagged her as "lovely and ethereal in looks, and quite unassuming in nature", was spot on. On the screen, she projected innocence and purity in almost all her roles. Her most famous film was probably "Death Takes a Holiday" (1934) opposite Frederic March. She was always a lady, never a "good time girl."

If you remember the Disney cartoon feature "Pinocchio" (1940), you may remember the major scenes involving The Blue Fairy, a beautiful spirit that comes to Pinocchio and helps the boy out. (She helps Jiminy Cricket, too!) Do you like The Blue Fairy's soothing voice? Well, that voice was provided by the lady we were just talking about: Evelyn Venable.

Cheers, Dan
hugob00m

Re: Evelyn Venable

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.
daneldorado wrote:Here is a publicity pic you may not have seen before: Victor Jory spanks the beautiful Evelyn Venable in "Streamline Express" (1935) with an old-fashioned shoe tree... and waddaya know, this spanking is actually in the movie!
I've see that photo, or one like it before... but this is the highest resolution scan I've ever seen of it! Thanks for posting it!

I can see now that Ms. Venable is in her pajamas... not much protection from that spanking! It's too bad Mr. Jory didn't get to use his hand, but I wonder if the censors would've objected to a hand spanking on such thin fabric? It's hard to tell sometimes what a censor might object to.

I found the entire movie on youtube and ran it this morning. It's not a great movie, but mildly entertaining... and the best thing about the spanking scene is that Johnny (Victor Jory's character) tells Pat (Evelyn Venable's character) that he loves her for the first time, while he has her over his knee! In that way, it's sort of like Taming the Wild.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Victory Jory spanks Evelyn Venable

Post by web-ed »

Nice picture, Dan - I don't think I'd ever heard of this movie. I do remember Victor Jory from his work in television almost 40 years later.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

I revised one of the posts on the first page of this thread with a better copy of the publicity photo from So This Is New York
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi. Back in about 1999 or so, I was surfing the tube late one night, and I chanced to spot this scene on my TV screen. Startled at what I took to be an unknown spanking scene from some foreign film, I quickly grabbed my VCR and a blank videotape. For the next hour, I happily recorded the film, which I now know is a German film from 1976. The spanker here is Germany's Michael Cromer, and the lovely blonde over his knee is the American actress Sybil Danning. The spanking action is very real, and it looks just right.

There is a second M/F over-the-knee spanking in the film, and I may post it later, but it is not in the same league as the delightful Cromer/Danning action.

Replies, anyone?

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Michael Cromer / Sybil Danning

Post by web-ed »

Hey Dan - I'm so glad you were finally able to sign in to the board :D !

I remember Sybil Danning from several B-pictures in the 70's or 80's, I believe it was. It's very nice to see her spanked here.

I would say more but I'm afraid I'm ill at the moment and concentration is difficult. When/If I get the time, I'll see if Chross has this film in his data base. I don't remember seeing it in your Cinema Swats series, but perhaps it was in one of the later volumes.

Addendum: apparently the film is called Loves of a French Pussycat and it's available in some formats. It will be a while before I'm in any position to follow up myself, however, as I've got plenty of my own video scenes to get edited.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks, Web-ed, and I'm sorry that you are ill again. Get well soon.

The Michael Cromer/Sybil Danning film that you have identified as "Loves of a French Pussycat" is not the movie's original title. When it was first released in Germany in the 1970s, the title was "Das Madchen mit der Heissen Masche," which translates to English as "That Girl with the Hot Personality." The title, of course, refers to Danning's character.

Cheers and get well soon,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote: Hi. Back in about 1999 or so, I was surfing the tube late one night, and I chanced to spot this scene on my TV screen. Startled at what I took to be an unknown spanking scene from some foreign film, I quickly grabbed my VCR and a blank videotape. For the next hour, I happily recorded the film, which I now know is a German film from 1976. The spanker here is Germany's Michael Cromer, and the lovely blonde over his knee is the American actress Sybil Danning. The spanking action is very real, and it looks just right.

There is a second M/F over-the-knee spanking in the film, and I may post it later, but it is not in the same league as the delightful Cromer/Danning action.

Replies, anyone?
Hi Dan,

The photo you have posted here is very interesting and I'm sorry I didn't get to see the movie. Our spankee looks as if she isn't enjoying this experience at all.......just the way I like it :lol: . Hopefully web-ed will be able to get the spanking portions of this one for us to see. In the mean time, I might check and see if I can find it online somewhere. Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I haven't seen the movie either, but the still photo is quite appealing. Could you possibly explain in a nutshell what the pretty young lady did to get herself into that predicament?
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

There are a WHOLE LOT of McLintock! stills out there. Here's another one that I think is REALLY HOT!
John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in McLintock pose 2..jpg
John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in McLintock pose 2..jpg (174.38 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
I like the look of indignation on Ms. O'Hara's face... AND the thin fabric of the seat of her pantaloons seems to be stretched especially tight across her soon-to-be-paddled bottom!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Dan? Huh? What happened to your question about the legality of what we're doing with these publicity photos? Did you delete it yourself, or did something else happen? I didn't have an answer, but I was hoping someone would.

I'm not any kind of expert on copyright law, but I'm pretty sure we're not violating anyone else's intellectual property by posting these pictures. (The ones I posted have been floating around the internet for ages.)

Does someone have a definitive answer? Web-ed, maybe?
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: McLintock, and Copyrights

Post by web-ed »

First, on the McLintock photo - another good one, B00m! This was, of course, one of the great movie spankings in history, so one never gets tired of it. :D I'm going to have to check to see when I promised to post the spanking scene from the comic-book version, and schedule it accordingly.

Second, as to the copyright issues of using movie stills - I take it Dan had posted some question about this and then deleted the post before I could find the time to get back to the board and see it. Sigh :( - playing catch-up all the time is very uncomfortable, but my circumstances don't leave me much choice these days. As far as the copyrights go, we should be in the clear because:
  1. The copyright owner would generally be the studio or whomever they later sold the film to, and they only benefit from the use of these stills because it generally increases interest in the product. Thus they have no reason to sue or even threaten legal action because they benefit from publicity (the original purpose of these stills, after all, unless they were later extracted from the films through digital means) provided that we aren't implying by our posting of a still that we own the copyright. I will come back to this point in a moment.
  2. There is such a thing as "fair use" even of copyrighted material. In such a case, that we are not presenting any substantial part of the film but instead only a few stills or a short video extract featuring a spanking, and our erudite discussions here, would be taken as evidence that our purpose was intellectual or educational and that what we did was indeed fair use and not copyright infringement.
So go ahead and freely post spanking stills from movies here. There is, however, one thing we should do to minimize CSR's potential liability over copyright issues, and that is to make it clear we are not asserting our own copyright over the material, as mentioned above. That's why so many of the superhero spanking scenes I post on the main site say things like "copyright Marvel Characters Inc." We do that by inserting a copyright notice if we know who the copyright holder is (if you don't, then don't worry about it - believe me, the studios have bigger legal problems than worrying about CSR theoretically asserting some copyright claim against them at some far distant date. Just put "Copyright (year optional) [insert studio name here]" under the picture.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Wow, that was fast.

Early this week I posted here a question about copyright laws and how they may, or may not, affect what we do here. After my comment was posted, I re-read it and decided the question was incomplete and required additional information... which I intended to supply. So I deleted my message from this forum and set about re-writing it.

Naturally I had zero expectation of anyone posting a reply to my original post before I could finish the rewrite.

So I reconstructed my original question to add information about copyright law themes such as Fair Use, the "1923 law," Public Domain, and the changes in the law occasioned by the Berne Convention as amended December 6, 2011.

But then, I learned that some of you eager beavers had jumped in here to challenge -- or at least, question -- my concerns about copyright infringement. And so, as I mention at the top of this page... Wow, that was fast.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Copyright Laws

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Wow, that was fast.
We aim to please, Dan :lol: .

Actually, I've been so busy important things have been neglected, and I'm often not able to respond to anything until days have gone by. If it's the Web-Ed mailbox, it might be weeks, which is why it was so long before I realized you were still having trouble logging in (which I'm glad is fixed at last). I'm trying to do better, but I'm just buried.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Getting back to those publicity photos....

Here's a still that shows a spanking that really DID happen, in the British film "The Ups and Downs of a Handyman" (1976). It's a mainstream film (just barely!) and it contains about six (6!!) scenes of pretty ladies getting spanked! Here, the old squire is played by Bob Todd, a regular on the old Benny Hill programs. The VERY willing spankee is Sue Lloyd.

Here's another scene from "The Ups and Downs of a Handyman". The squire spanks his wife, played by Olivia Syson, as they both take a shower.

Now it's your turn... again.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

These are good ones, Dan! I remember seeing the spanking scenes somewhere, probably on your old Cinema Swats series (still available, I believe - go to the Links Page of the main site to find the link). Bob Todd isn't with us any more, but he will always be remembered by Benny Hill fans, as well as by spankos for his performance as the happy-to-spank squire in this film. :D
-- Web-Ed