"Blue Bloods" nail biter

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

"Blue Bloods" nail biter

Post by daneldorado »

Hi... does anyone here ever watch the TV drama called "Blue Bloods?"

Yeah, it's another cop show, but usually it is pretty good. Last night's episode, however, focused on a violent relationship between a young man and his girlfriend (both in their 30s, I think). It seems the guy likes to beat up his lady. He frequently visits her, puts her in handcuffs, punches her and blackens her eyes, splits her lip, rapes her, and leaves her bleeding. She calls 911 and the cops come to get her story. They see her bruises and recognize that this woman has been brutalized, but guess what? It seems the young woman actually LIKES this treatment, and she refuses to press charges against this man, whom she calls her "boyfriend." The cops are sympathetic to the woman's plight, but she refuses to testify against him, and apparently can't wait for him to come back and beat her up again.

To me (and I suspect, to other spankos) the show was a nail-biter because as she was reciting (for the cops) the litany of abuses she has to endure, I kept hoping: Aw man, DON'T say he spanks you! Don't say that! Thankfully, she never did. He punches her, chokes her, and rapes her, but apparently they don't indulge in spanking. And that's GOOD, because our pastime shouldn't be lumped in with savage brutality.

The show wandered off into other matters after that, but I felt our hobby dodged a bullet. Because you know and I know, there are many girls and women who DO enjoy being spanked. Society may consider that a perverted mindset, but we know that a spanking is not real brutality, and its effects are strictly temporary. And, it's fun.

Cheers,
Dan
jimc

Re: "Blue Bloods" nail biter

Post by jimc »

yes, I always fear that our hobby if you will, will be lumped with that of a wife beater or other sadists. I like you think spanking is fun and therefore should be enjoyed by both parties and there does not have to be a stigma with being a spanko (but of course there is.) Great article and commentary. Thanks for your input now I watch Blue Bloods to see if the daughter (Bridget Moynihan )ever gets spanked. It would be great to see. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

You're absolutely right, Dan. In this wimpy, politically-correct age, dominant men and submissive women are seen as a threat to a new world order, and M/F spanking is often misrepresented. I just saw an example of that yesterday, where someone had compiled a list of ads from the '50's that would never pass muster today (of course the compiler, whoever he was, did not stop to question whether that might be because our culture is moving in the wrong direction). Among the ads was the famous one for Chase and Sanborn Coffee, which he called "domestic abuse":

Now we spankos, male and female, know that the kinds of spankings we're talking about (even a mild disciplinary one like that pictured here) are in no way abusive or physically or emotionally harmful to the spankee. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't know that, and our educational system is turning out more youngsters every year who are taught that "gender" (i.e. sex) is a "social construct" and that it's wrong for men to be dominant and women to be submissive - the natural order of things where human sexuality is concerned.

There are quite a few people out there who would happily lump us in with genuine abusers as part of their broader war against the family and traditional sex roles, and we must be aware of that possibility.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Dan and everyone,

I have to agree with the comments that have been made here. It seems that we are now a society of teams and everyone has to choose a team and stand by everything they represent. It never occurs to anyone that maybe people don't actually fit into these categories and I think this is a good example of this. In this case, I think many people would say that if you spank your woman, it's domestic abuse and no different than punching her in the face. Of course, all of us here at CSR know better than that. None of us fit into the team that beats up women........none of us fit into the team that think consensual spanking is abuse. I wonder how long before people realize that you can't just shove people into 1 of 2 categories just because it's easier to keep track of, open their minds and realize that not all people have the same needs and desires. Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just watch an episode of Showtime Master Of Sex Season4 Episode 3 :x :x :x :x in this story there was a couple who came to DR. Master because the wife after seeing a movie wanted to be spanked. the husband wasn`t into it but the wife wanted to try something new! now you would think that this episode was going to be about the pleasure of spanking. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! it showed a darker side to it :x :x :x :x :x starting with DR. Master and a Female DR. trying to find out what movie the couple seen. turn out it was a movie called The Defiler. now the part that made me wonder why this guy calls himself an expert on Sex was when seeing the spanking scene in the movie he became sick and walk out :x :x :x later when he had the couple in his office he an the female DR. started asking the wife why she like spanking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even asking was she abuse as a child with she replied NO!! maybe my father gave me a whack on the bottom. putting the couple into a room the Dr. ask them to act out their fantasy. well it started out with the husband tapping his wife bottom lightly and she saying HARDER! this is where it get UGLY :x :x he starts slapping her rear hard before flipping her over on her back and slapping her face calling her a BITCH!! the Dr. rush in and pulls him off her! this is when I turned the tv OFF!! :x Don`t understand why they made spanking look evil? I though a show that deals with all kinds of sex act would feature a romantic side to spanking not make it look like something that would lead to violence and make people who into it must have been abuse as children :x :x :x :x :x BIG THUMBS DOWN TO Master Of Sex :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
hugob00m

Re: "Master of Sex"

Post by hugob00m »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:you would think that this episode was going to be about the pleasure of spanking. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! it showed a darker side to it
Ugh! I'm glad I didn't watch that show. Some people don't seem to realize that there is a difference between a spanking and abuse!

I know I'm preaching to the choir here when I say that a disciplinary spanking given to a minor can (and ABSOLUTELY SHOULD) be done in a way that there is no real harm inflicted and also no hint of sexuality.

Spankings between a romantic couple may often blur the line between "discipline" and sexual foreplay... but if both people involved are consenting adults... SO WHAT?!? There are few things in the world that are sexier than a man's hand across a woman's bottom!

I suppose the "doctors" in the show represented Masters and Johnson, a couple of "experts" in human sexuality. What a crock they perpetrated on the American public in the name of "science"!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

It's a shame -- I know it was deliberate, but it's still a shame -- that, in addition to the Masters and Johnson show, we were not also given examples of shows that JUSTIFY consensual spankings.

In 2010, as you know, there was a popular HBO program called "Bored to Death," and in one of its episodes a young co-ed (played by Zoe Kazan) seduces her male teacher into putting her over his knee and spanking her. Oh Lordy, how she wants it! He spanks her HARD -- I mean actual hard, not just movie hard -- for about 20 swats, before they are stopped by the school janitor, making his rounds. But the girl makes it crystal clear that she WANTED that spanking. And we know dozens of girls who feel the same way. They like to be spanked, especially by a guy they like.

And there was that mini-spanking in "The Big Bang Theory" where Mayim Biyalik (sp?) gets spanked by her co-star, I dunno if it was this year or last year. Mayim's character lets us know that she WANTED that spanking, she craved it, and she forced the guy to give it to her. Here on this side of the tube we only got to see two swats land, then the screen faded to black and the spanking supposedly continued into the night. Clearly, another totally consensual spanking.

A different sort of consensual spanking was seen in "Adrift in Manhattan" (2007), when the thirty-something Heather Graham forces a younger man to spank her. He doesn't want to do it, he just wants to make love to her. But Graham's character is suffering guilt pains for something she had done (or didn't do, I forget), and she insists on getting spanked by this young guy. So this is not a HAPPY spanking, but it is definitely something the "victim" wants. Consensual? Not so much. But here, the spankee craves the spanking, so it cannot be called abuse.

The list could go on and on. What the critics of M/F spankings are missing is balance. They know full well that there are plenty of consensual spankings out there, and they couldn't stop them if they tried. But they don't WANT to acknowledge them. They don't want YOU to know they exist.

But of course they do exist. Consensual spankings are fun. They're not going away.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:The list could go on and on. What the critics of M/F spankings are missing is balance. They know full well that there are plenty of consensual spankings out there, and they couldn't stop them if they tried. But they don't WANT to acknowledge them. They don't want YOU to know they exist.But of course they do exist. Consensual spankings are fun. They're not going away.Cheers,Dan
HI Dan,

You are exactly right. This is what happens when people make up their minds in advance, without benefit of facts. They sit and wait for anything that would seem to support their made up position and desperately cling to that while completely ignoring any facts to the contrary! It's a lop sided view of things for sure. Phil