Entry 6 F/F Newspaper Images

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Sweetspot

Entry 6 F/F Newspaper Images

Post by Sweetspot »

So after about 16 months or so of avoiding visiting Andre's collection, out of a misguided attitude of connecting my fragile self-esteem to personally finding every pertinent newspaper spanking image in history :twisted: without peeking to see what he had already discovered, I had a personal revelation a few days ago that went something like this, "What the heck am I doing spending countless hours trying to find the next obscure clip when I can just go to Andre's site and see what he's found - grab it - and then make much better use of my own search time in other areas." I'm sure that I have spent hundred's of hours looking for items that I could have brought back to CSR within minutes just by looking at SPK comics. Anyway time for me to let go of pride and relish the fact that I have made dozens and dozens of discoveries that are indeed unique. In procuring items from Andre I am well aware of several truths 1) None of us spank whisperers hold the copyright to any of the items we dig up from original source material. 2) I consider it important to be generous in giving credit where credit is due when it comes to acknowledging who scanned what and if they did so independently of any one else's efforts. 3) Andre is a generalist when it comes to spanking images he will feature any and all regardless of age and gender of the participants therefore a large amount of his collection is of no interest to me. He does not put his finds into historical or cultural context - not his thing - that only happens here and at Mainstream Spanking 4) In the end, I found many items that we both discovered independent of each other, about ten items that I didn't have in my own collection and realized that he didn't have a large number of clippings that are in the process of being shared at CSR from my research. 5) Every time I use one of Andre's clips I will certainly give him credit just as the Web-Ed always does. Even if I replace his clips with what I deem to be better ones of my own I will still give him credit. The following clip from an advertisement comes from ANDRE's large collection. By the way Andre generously shared with me a list of his numerous [about a dozen compared to my two and Google :lol:] archiving sources complete with links so I gather he is all for sharing tools in the name of making good spanking images public.
Royal Baking Powder Advertisement 1944 original scan by Andre.
Royal Baking Powder Ad 1944 ANDRE.jpg
Royal Baking Powder Ad 1944 ANDRE.jpg (148.97 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
From the Philadelphia Inquirer of May 29, 1938 scanned and edited slightly by me.
PhiladelphiainquirerMay29,1938_LI.jpg
PhiladelphiainquirerMay29,1938_LI.jpg (689.1 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
In 1943 illustrators, writers and editors could certainly get away with words and images that would be strictly considered very not politically correct or even polite today. How Midgets Spank April 18, 1943.
HowMidgetsSpankApril18,1943_LI.jpg
HowMidgetsSpankApril18,1943_LI.jpg (616.17 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Entry 6 F/F Newspaper Images

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Love these old newspaper clippings 8-) 8-) 8-) a strap wish it been a hairbrush she used
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'm glad you mentioned Andre and SPK, Phil, because I just haven't gotten around to it. Truth to tell, I wanted to wait until the Comic Strip Series was pretty much concluded, and between us we've come up with so much material it simply hasn't happened yet. I will give his site some more attention in the future.

Loved these latest newspaper examples - we'll have a chat when it's time to open the Newspaper Gallery so I can incorporate any suggestions you might have. The artist in the second one reminds me of Kirk Stiles:

I think Stiles was active by 1938, and the artist seems to have signed this as "Whac" so it could be him.

But the third example was absolutely fascinating:

Every example of "midget spanking" in comics I can think of is terrible, usually because the writers wrongly thought that spanking a male midget because of his small size would be funny. This one is more interesting: midget parents spanking their full-size daughter. Weird, but eye-catching. :o
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

The little people spanking their full size daughter is a very interesting topic :shock: :D :D but I think they doing it all wrong !! over the knee is best no matter how tall she is :D :D