Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

Considering that you spent several years and went through a number of missed opportunities before Phil S. finally came up with an actual swat in this strip, I would have to say that this week's update really points up just how much effort and frustration goes along with actually finding these comic spankings. My hat's off to you and Phil both for the time and effort you put into finding these. I also enjoyed reading all the info you presented about the strip and the time period when it started :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

BIG THUMBS UP WEB-ED AND PHIL 8-) 8-) :D :D :D for finding and researching comic spanking 8-) 8-) looks like the brother and sister in this comic like whacking each other on the bottom :twisted: :twisted: also the young man have a very hard hand :lol: :lol: :lol: the artist always seem to have the big sister position to be whack :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: wonder was this base on the writer`s own life growing up :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Good comic 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/13/2017

Post by web-ed »

So tired right now at 5:30 A.M. I can't remember if there was anything else I wanted to say, so here is this week's update:

The Comic Strip Series continues with the second spanking from Somebody's Stenog.

This is a surprising paternal spanking for Cam. The strip tended to focus on her office life, so another spanking from her boss to go with the one I discovered several years ago seemed more probable, but we'll take it gladly. This is another of Phil S.'s :ugeek: many discoveries.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with another early American comic spanking from the first strip to really focus on teen-agers - Harold Teen. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Regarding "Who do you think you are, Queen Elizabeth"

Could her father be referring to Queen Elizabeth of Belgium who made a popular visit to the USA in 1919 with her husband, King Albert?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I thought the idea behind this week's comic strip was a good one. Pop obviously has no plans to permit Cam to be a lazy, spoiled girl :D I really liked the lead up to the spanking panel too. It seemed to me that Cam was starting to get apprehensive in panel 2 when she realized pop was home and I figured she must have known he wasn't about to put up with this. I get the distinct impression that she would have just gotten up and gone to the kitchen for breakfast if she had known he was still home :lol: . In the third panel, she definitely knew exactly what was about to happen, most likely from previous experience :lol: .Not only is her expression one of apprehension and dread but she's also trying to hold on to the covers hoping to put off the inevitable :lol: . You mentioned that the OTK position was decent but I thought it was hard to tell since Cam apparently has no back bone, which was obvious from this pic and the one in the strip above where she's running. Perhaps she needed to be spanked at an earlier age for slouching too much :lol: . Good update :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Really love the story lines leading to the spanking in Some Body Stenog :lol: 8-) 8-) Pops certainly don`t want no spoil lazy daughter :lol: :lol: :lol: the spanking in this comic is fine only I wish the artist has made Cam more spankable !! meaning even though she very skinny which I don`t have a problem with :lol: I would still get excited watching Angelina Jolie getting a good over the knee spanking just the same as seeing Kim K getting it 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: it all about position. Cam small bottom should have been arch up she doesn`t have a back bone :twisted: anyway a very nice spanking drawing! Great Find SweetSpot 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Regarding "Who do you think you are, Queen Elizabeth"

Could her father be referring to Queen Elizabeth of Belgium who made a popular visit to the USA in 1919 with her husband, King Albert?
That's an interesting suggestion, Willjohn. The Queen's visit would still have been fresh in everyone's memory in 1921, so it is possible.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/20/2017

Post by web-ed »

This week: The Comic Strip Series continues with the only known spanking from Harold Teen.

Weary Web-Ed here with the story behind this week's updates, which I just finished coding and uploading. I hate doing these things at the last minute - I used to code 1-2 weeks ahead of time, but the Comic Strip Series demands a great deal of time and that's one thing I just haven't got any more. Anyway, I had two episodes of Harold Teen in the files, but one of them was in the wrong location and didn't even have Chief Strip Researcher Phil S.'s :ugeek: name on it (I generally rename Phil's discoveries to have "swtspt" in them, as you may have noticed when downloading them, just to make sure I don't mix them up with anyone else's). I'm going to blame a Windows error for this, as File Explorer sometimes moves to the wrong folder. (In pre-Windows days, we could only move files with a typed command that had to specify the receiving directory, which was a lot of typing but eliminated any ambiguity as to where the file would end up. In fact, you can still move your files that way today, but almost no one would bother.).

At length I found the second file and figured from internal evidence it must be Phil's, so both of them (one spanking threat and one actual spanking) are included in the update. By the way, lest anyone doubt my passion (some might say "obsession") for good organization, know that all new material slated for eventual inclusion on CSR (some 6700 files, though not 6700 different spankings, alas) is carefully sub-divided into 360 separate folders :geek: !.

As to the spanking itself, I think it's a good one. With teen-age girls, much as we may enjoy seeing them spanked by their fathers, I think we enjoy watching them get turned over a boyfriend's knee even more. (I'm sure B00m has commented on this point somewhere). So please enjoy Phil's discovery of Harold spanking his flapper girlfriend Lillums Lovewell :lol: .

I'm also struggling very hard to catch up on the mail. Yes, I've said that before, and it's been true before, but I actually got to downloading something like 100 new pictures from Doctor Cylon just this week. I'm itching to share them with you, and will do the best I can to return to the good old days of a weekly or near-weekly update of the Doctor Cylon Gallery. For everyone else who's written to me and hasn't received a response, please hang on - I'll get back to you soon. I hate neglecting the mail, but for months it's been a question of reading the mail or keeping CSR's lights on (and the updates getting posted). :x

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with a spanking from The Katzenjammer Kids - and no, it's not the kids getting spanked, which happened often enough, goodness knows, but a tribal chieftain's daughter. See you then! :)
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Web-ed:

I have been pretty miffed lately, since you have never responded to my mail. But now you have written:

For everyone else who's written to me and hasn't received a response, please hang on - I'll get back to you soon. I hate neglecting the mail, but for months it's been a question of reading the mail or keeping CSR's lights on (and the updates getting posted).

Have you read my two messages, that I sent you on September 14 and again on September 17, asking for help on my "Boots and her Buddies" question?

Cheers,
Dan
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed...
Boots and her Buds.jpg
Boots and her Buds.jpg (6.98 MiB) Viewed 2044 times

Get back to me as soon as you can, yeah? I've been witing a good long time.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!! Great to see The Halloween drawings posted again :D :D :D would love for someone to write a story about a Evil witch getting her comeuppance over the knee of a hero for putting a curse on his village :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the spanking should be public :lol: :lol: 8-) This week spanking of a Flapper is much better meaning she have a plump little bottom :D :D :D can someone explain Papa spank was this some kind of slang back in the olden days :?: :?: seen it in a Batman comic and a few others ! Harold Teen is doing the right thing spanking his girlfriend for breaking a promise she will think twice in the future :lol: :lol: 8-) the otk is good with Lillums pert bottom sticking up high for Harold`s over size hand :twisted: :twisted: maybe the large hand is a sign the spanking going to hurt :lol: :lol: :lol: like in some humor drawing you see a very large needle or nail that going to stick someone :twisted: GREAT DRAWING AND STRIP 8-)
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Well, it looks as if the cyber gods have muddled up the "Boots and her Buddies" kerfuffle.

My original intent was to alter the splash panel to show Tip Tucker spanking Giddy Jones with his strong left hand, rather than with a heavy bound book as used in the original panel. As you can see, I was able to make the switch okay. But the next step would be to upload the altered panel to a file-sharing site such as Image Titan, so that the picture could be shared with members of the CSR.

But guess what: The MFers at Image Titan would not allow me to do that. For some weird reason I could never understand, Image Titan refused to allow the upload, though I tried every trick in the book to re-configure the file to their liking. Image Titan has always accepted my pictures, so this became a real mystery.

On September 14 and again on September 17, I tried to contact Web-ed to ask his help in getting this panel uploaded to a good image-sharing site. He didn't answer me then and he still has not answered me. But now, he has just posted a blanket apology to folks like me who have written him and received no answer. So I thought I would try... one... last... time.

I am still in the dark about why Image Titan has become so unreliable. Is it me? Have I done something to screw up this venture? Jeez, I wish somebody "in the know" would tell me.

ANYWAY: It now looks as if osmosis has finally deposited my altered panel on the CSR. (In the message just before this one.) Sorry it took so long. But now, at least, you can enjoy seeing Tip Tucker spank the ultra-naughty Giddy Jones with the palm of his hand, rather than with some old book.

Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Dan - I should be able to get to your mails tomorrow. Long story short: I needed to clear out all the attachments that have recently been sent to Web-Ed's mailbox because I was running out of space, which would have caused all mails to be returned to sender. That means I had to give those items priority even if emails like yours were earlier. I've got most of the attachments downloaded now, but can't delete them until I can get my file copies working.

I suspect the problem with Image Titan is that your file size is beyond their maximum allowed, but as I say I should be able to get to the mail tomorrow. I've been working on it every day and will continue until I've answered everyone's queries.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I like this week's update, regardless of the angle from which I view it :D . You characterized this as "teen-age shenanigans" and I certainly agree. Having engaged in similar shenanigans about 50 years ago, the idea seems perfectly normal to me and it's exactly what I would have done :D .......and have done 8-) . I do think it would have been a bit more realistic if he had raised her skirt for the spanking. After all, this kind of teen age spanking is all about sex, as is pretty much everything in a teen age relationship :lol: . Anyway, I thought the story was pretty much perfect with a perfect ending :D . I also liked the drawings. First off, I liked the short dress our spankee was wearing. I thought both the kissing panel and the spanking panel we pretty erotic :D . I also liked the kicking she was doing once the spanking started and I thought the OTK position was good too 8-) . The dialog was a bit dated to suit my tastes but I'm sure it was all very erotic at the time it was first published :lol: . I also thought the expressions were good, especially in the spanking panel. He has an evil grin on his face, just as I assume I used to in similar situations 8-) . She looks apprehensive, without looking scared. She's just watching him to make sure he's not going to go overboard while he's doing exactly what she was hoping he was going to do 8-) . I was glad to see the second strip you posted. I agree it proves that she was not only OK with him spanking her but also that she actually wanted him to spank her ;) . The way she was behaving was probably part of a plan to get Harold to spank her :D . Good update this week :D :D . Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-ed:

It turns out you may be right, about the size of my file. Image Titan rejected my "Boots and her Buddies" panel again and again and again, and I was ready to tear my hair out. But you then suggested that maybe they were rejecting because the picture was too large. So, I reduced its size and thus, I was able to get the panel uploaded.

The idea here was to change the "implement" that Tip was using on Giddy's butt -- change it from an old book to his own honest bare hand. It looks better that way. I have never felt comfortable seeing an old bound book being used on the fanny of a pretty if dishonest female.

But, honest to God, if Image Ti is going to reject our uploads because of SIZE, then why in the hell don't they just SAY SO? if they had simply said: "File too large" when it was first rejected, I would have changed it right away and wouldn't have had to go through hell, wondering what was wrong. :cry:

web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Image Titan. and Boots

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Web-ed:

It turns out you may be right, about the size of my file. Image Titan rejected my "Boots and her Buddies" panel again and again and again, and I was ready to tear my hair out. But you then suggested that maybe they were rejecting because the picture was too large. So, I reduced its size and thus, I was able to get the panel uploaded...

But, honest to God, if Image Ti is going to reject our uploads because of SIZE, then why in the hell don't they just SAY SO? if they had simply said: "File too large" when it was first rejected, I would have changed it right away and wouldn't have had to go through hell, wondering what was wrong. :cry:
Bad programming is everywhere, Dan, and it's the bane of my existence - especially misleading error messages and especially since I could do it better! ;) But you get what you pay for, and most companies seem to favor the low-cost "solution" to their IT problems regardless of the effect on quality. Have you seen how bad most printer software is these days? And yet many American IT professionals remain unemployed.

I checked, and Image Titan's limit is 1.536 MB (megabytes), so check your image file sizes against this number in the future and you should be o.k.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to enhance this spanking panel. I will certainly add it to the "Boots" page as well. It's in my "to be added to the page" file so I can't forget, but that doesn't mean I can get around to it anytime soon :( although I'll try.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/27/2017

Post by web-ed »

Our last October update already - yeesh! Time is flying, and I still can't get caught up, although I'm trying. I cleared out much of my old mail (not all of it yet) and downloaded over 100 files from Doctor Cylon! It goes without saying I want to start doing regular updates of the D.C. gallery again, but it will have to wait a little longer until I can catch my breath. The current Comic Strip Series is extremely demanding in terms of preparation time, just as it was of Phil Sweetspot's :ugeek: searching time (and my own as well), and on top of that my life outside the spanko world is absolutely crushing. With over 6000 items in the "New Material" files (how many of these are spankings I don't know, but they must be in the hundreds) and 600 or so Golden Age comics piled up waiting for me to examine them, I can only say I hope to live long enough to post everything. :)

I'm still trying to present all of Phil's discoveries from the early days of comics so that everyone gets a feel for the comics of that era. Consequently, we're doing The Captain and The Kids this week followed by a three-week Popeye mini-series. I have no idea how many spankings there were in The Kids (there were two separate strips, as explained on the page) - I believe three others are documented in the Data Base - but they were of course mostly of The Kids. Then Phil S. made a most surprising discovery - a F/F scene from 1938 - and that's what we'll be seeing today.

Sweetspot’s Counts
New Spankings: 32 (as of Katzenjammer Kids - Boola)
Identified Spankings: 2

Speaking of The Captain and The Kids, because of all the Missed Opportunities we've been presenting each week, it's been a long time since I've been able to put some of my own lesser discoveries (ones that won't be presented on the main site) in the DB, but here's what I added today:

1. Tip Top Comics #173 (May 1942, United Feature Synd) - the Captain spanks the Kids for writing graffiti on the walls.
2. Katzenjammer Kids (date unknown) – the Kids paddle the Captain. Believe this is Harold Knerr’s signature, so this is the Kids and not the Captain and the Kids by Dirks.
3. Archie Comics (March-April 1944) #7 – M/M Reggie/Souphead. Discovered by Web-Ed, who wishes he hadn’t.

Archie Comics #7 was a particularly bitter disappointment: I had uncovered evidence there was a spanking located in this issue, which is worth hundreds of dollars and is of course (it's from 1944) somewhat rare. After being unable to find a copy at a reasonable price, research showed it had been reprinted in a bound volume, and when I obtained that, I found instead of a nice spanking of Betty or Veronica that it was Reggie spanking some kid named Souphead - yecch! :x But that's how it is when you search for spankings. Anyone interested in seeing these things should just drop me a line.

This Week: The Captain and the Kids

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with a mini-series of three spankings of Olive Oyl from Popeye. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I wonder if the Wu Wu doctors took revenge on Mama Katzenjammer's arse for the princess?
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB ED CSR!!! Think this would have been much better if the Captain have spanked Mama over his knee than her spanking the shapeless Pygmy Princess :twisted: :lol: :lol: The Wuwu Doctor should put a spell on the Captain so that he do spank Mama :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: Nice drawing and good spanking story although I wish the spankee had a nicer shape :lol: :lol: HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEB -ED CSR 8-) 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

First off, I thought the history of the 2 strips you presented was really interesting. I don't know much about copyright law but the court decision seems intuitively wrong. Of course, many laws seem intuitively wrong to me :lol: . Anyway, I understand what happened now even if I don't understand why. As for the strips presented this week, at least we have the OTK panel and an after spanking panel even if they didn't have the foresight to present the actual spanking. I thought your observations about the OTK panel were all right on the money although I will add that Mama's skirt is black which means we can't see any details at all. This is a problem we have discussed before. My only other comment is that without the entire strip, posting this pic would probably have been impossible since it appears from just the OTK panel that mama is going to paddle an elementary school girl. The rest of the story is required so we can determine that the spankee is actually of appropriate age. Good update. Thanks, Phil