Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by willjohn »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Hi WEB ED CSR!!! Think this would have been much better if the Captain have spanked Mama over his knee than her spanking the shapeless Pygmy Princess :twisted: :lol: :lol: The Wuwu Doctor should put a spell on the Captain so that he do spank Mama :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: Nice drawing and good spanking story although I wish the spankee had a nicer shape :lol: :lol: HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEB -ED CSR 8-) 8-)
From memory any fight between Mama K and the captain resulted in a KO victory for Mama! :oops:
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/03/2017

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with the earliest known spanking from Popeye (then called Thimble Theatre), in which Olive Oyl is spanked by her father.

And if you like spanking fiction, our own DM Sherwood has posted a couple of fiction pieces on this board after contributing Memoirs of an Assistant Principal over on the main site. That's one way of getting around having to wait for me to code and paragraph these things - post it yourself over here!

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with the second of a four-spanking mini-series of Olive Oyl from Popeye.

Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: found three of these and then I realized I had a fourth in my files, so we'll go ahead with all four now. We realize that Olive Oyl is not the ideal spankee, but these are very interesting scenes nonetheless, the first one dating from the days before Popeye had taken over the Thimble Theatre strip!

I also have Popeye spanking the Sea Hag, a scene whose existence I believe JimC. put me wise to years ago, but in such a low resolution scan that I don't want to post it at this time. I still don't know exactly where it came from, but I'll keep looking for the original source. There are one or two other Popeye spankings I'll probably mention next week that won't be posted because they're not M/F. Of course there were many during the strip's long run, some of which are probably still unknown, but the spankings of Swee' Pea are out because he's a kid, while the ones of males are simply uninteresting.

Also, I hope to get further caught up on my email, which I had no time for all week after doing pretty well the week before, and perhaps do the September Search Report, which would be done today except I'm just too tired. :|
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Looks like Olive's brothers found it amusing to see Olive spanked by their dear old dad, Cole Oyl (great names in Popeye).

No much to say, Olive barely has a curve to call her own.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Olive Oyl might not be the idea spankee for us spankos I myself would love seeing females with large round bottoms receiving very hard spanks across a knee but being into spanking it doesn't matter if the spankee is rail thin or very large all that matter is she getting spanked :D :D :D :lol: The otk is good like how with Olive way over her father lap :lol: :lol: also like the gag! if he not making it hurt he should quit :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is my first time seeing Olive Oyl being spanked by some one other than Popeye :o didn`t know the comic was base on her always thought it was Popeye :o Thanks for the info 8-) GREAT Spanking!!! 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

From memory Olive's boyfriend before she met Popeye was Ham Gravy. I think Cole thought she should have married him.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Hi All!
I left Illinois 3 plus weeks ago to assist a close family member with some post-operation care -everything went great :D. I've had a cold or some other viral infection since getting home. I'm just now feeling up to writing a post or two.
- With her domestic spanking Cam of Somebody's Stenog is the only adult FEMALE to receive a spanking both at work and at home as far as I know. Nice catch willjohn relating "Queen Mary" to the Queen of Belgium. Perhaps part of her U.S. popularity was a result of her willingness to visit here in the midst of the influenza pandemic of 1919. This is a high quality clip, I think, considering it's from a newspaper printed 95 years or so ago. Mary Doodle is also spanked by the boss in the strip but I haven't been able to locate that panel. I know of this because in a following strip her brother comes to the office seeking revenge and what happened to Mary is given as the reason. I'm still looking - the spanking scene was from the mid-1920s as I recall from seeing it through my previous archive.
-I do indeed have another Harold Teen spanking scene available. I know that particular scene exists on another site but I found my own clip independent of that. Note that in this 7/1929 strip Harold tells Lillums "Papa's gotta spank" another example of the use of the papa spank catch-phrase that is of particular interest to me. Harold does look a bit wild-eyed at that, I wonder if he is yet another spanker under a strange influence of some kind.
Harold Teen A detail of the April 22, 1952 strip. Harold's short "CHUM" is in the middle of this confrontation too. But here he doesn't seem to have any problem as Harold spanks the bratty and pesky Kitty.
HaroldTeenApril22,1952DETAIL.jpg
HaroldTeenApril22,1952DETAIL.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
Harold Teen April 23, 1952
HaroldTeenApril23,1952.jpg
HaroldTeenApril23,1952.jpg (33.45 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
Pop has the right idea. Harold Teen December 6, 1949.
HaroldTeenDecember6,1949.jpg
HaroldTeenDecember6,1949.jpg (35.45 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/03/2017

Post by web-ed »

Hi Phil! I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you - I hoped the way I was presenting your discoveries met with your approval. Anyway, I'm glad things have been going o.k. and that you're better now. And you greet us with another great spanking scene! This is quite a good one from Harold Teen. I'll have to add it to the main site soon, perhaps in December during the holiday season.

The scene with Kitty's father afterward brought to mind Smilin' Jack spanking Joy Beaverduck and Mr. Beaverduck's reaction:

In both cases the father was glad to see his daughter get the spanking she deserved, although Harold, being younger than Jack, is less confident in facing Kitty's father than Jack was facing Joy's. But both are certainly relieved there won't be any trouble. And that's because in the end, all of us guys understand that sometimes there's just no other way to handle a woman than by giving her a good spanking! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

You mentioned the Olive was nobody's favorite spankee and talked about her shapeless black dress and I certainly agree with your analysis. Still, it's a good story and even though the artist doesn't draw in an erotic style, he does depict many of the elements of a good spanking :D . First off, it's certainly a good reason to give a young lady a good spanking :D . The expressions are good too from Olive's surprise and dismay, to Cole's anger and determination not only during the spanking but also as he is going to find Olive to give her the spanking, and finally the snickering expressions of Olive's siblings :D . All that just seems like a totally realistic "slice of life". I also thought the lecture he was giving her off panel was pretty realistic and the spanking is depicted as being a painful one which seems right too 8-) . I had no idea that the strip was once called thimble theater or that Popeye wasn't originally a part of it. Thanks for all the historical information.. I always enjoy it. Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Aw yes - Smilin' Jack a comic strip that often leaves one smilin' for sure :D
Here's how the spanking of Joy Beaverduck :roll: appeared in the newspapers on April 25, 1940
SmilinJackApril25,1940.jpg
SmilinJackApril25,1940.jpg (37.93 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
SmilinJackApril25,1940Detail.jpg
SmilinJackApril25,1940Detail.jpg (55.47 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
Following the spanking, as we already know from the comic book presentation the spanking was talked up more than once.
April 28, 1940. Looks like the "photo" image of the spanking was developed in reverse because in it Jack is spanking Joy left-handed.
SmilinJackApril28,1940.jpg
SmilinJackApril28,1940.jpg (107.01 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
In the above strip we find Jack Martin accompanied by two of his long-time friends, "his faithful cook and jack-of-all-trades Fat Stuff (a reformed headhunter whom Jack brought back from the South Sea, and Downwind whose face is always hidden from view" (Zack Mosely claimed that Downwind is so handsome that he would cause many female readers to swoon if his facial features were ever fully revealed).
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I have 26 Smilin' Jack clips in my collection. Most of the rest are similar to the following panels, they can be found elsewhere in CSR but these may show more detail, enlarged panels and are sometimes less blurry.

April 29, 1940
SmilinJackApril29,1940.jpg
SmilinJackApril29,1940.jpg (64.74 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
April 30, 1940
SmilinJackApril30,1940.jpg
SmilinJackApril30,1940.jpg (55.14 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
May 3, 1940
SmilinJackMay3,1940.jpg
SmilinJackMay3,1940.jpg (46.57 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

May 4, 1940
SmilinJackMay4,1940.jpg
SmilinJackMay4,1940.jpg (39.55 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
A detail of the strip of May 4, 1940
SmilinJackMay4,1940DETAIL.jpg
SmilinJackMay4,1940DETAIL.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
May 6, 1940
SmilinJackMay6,1940.jpg
SmilinJackMay6,1940.jpg (65.51 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Smilin's Jack

Post by web-ed »

I'm going to have to add these new excellent finds to the existing pages, Phil. And we'll be seeing your other Smilin' Jack discoveries early in the New Year along with a few of mine and Andre's, so everyone will want to stay tuned. :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/10/2017

Post by web-ed »

The October Spanking Search Report:
Pages searched: 1350
Total: 568169
Comic Spankings: 0

Yep, I'm afraid October was another big goose-egg as far as new spankings discovered. Of course, when you only have time to search 1350 pages, you can't expect much. At least those 590 remaining comic books are not going anywhere until I can get to them, nor the large number of Condorito issues I had imported from Venezuela a year ago (I've gone through maybe a dozen of them). The Humorama search hasn't turned up much either: I think I obtained three digests during the month, none of which contained a single spanking! :x

Of course, none of this is of any immediate importance. My big problem now is finding the time to keep CSR going - with thousands of files in the "New Material" folder (not all of them spankings, of course), including many great additions this past year from Phil S. and Doctor Cylon, we're not about to run out of material any time soon. And since the supply of new Golden Age scans is much less than it used to be (I'll explain why another time), I should be able to catch up eventually.

I still don't have any end date set for our current Comic Strip Series. Once we conclude the current Popeye mini-series, perhaps I can make a short announcement of where we'll be going over the next few months. I can promise lots of exciting new strip discoveries by Phil S. (and myself too, if strip reprints may be counted), plus Phil has also found some other newspaper spankings not in the funny pages that we should probably schedule once we finally reach the conclusion of the strip material.

Sweetspot’s Counts
New Spankings: 34 (as of Popeye #5)
Identified Spankings: 2

This Week's Updates:

The Comic Strip Series continues with our Popeye mini-series as once again Olive Oyl is spanked by her father.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with the third of a four-spanking mini-series of Olive Oyl from Popeye. :)

I think these are all good scenes, but of course as I have noted Olive Oyl is not the ideal spankee (although she does make for a humorous one), and then again, paternal spankings are probably less popular than erotically-charged romantic ones (although the paternal variety would seem to be more common and more likely to occur in comics since spankings were so common in American families, and of course still occur to this day). The last two Olive-spankings both feature Popeye as the spanker (he's a natural for the role, obviously), which some will see as a decided improvement.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB- ED CSR :D :D Nice find Phil 8-) some new Smilin jack comics can`t wait to see them :D :D :D Fanning have not heard that word use in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT!!!Love this week Olive Oyl`s spanking 8-) perfect position with her bottom sticking up also like how Popeye is there laughing and enjoying it :lol: :lol: :lol: the after spanking is Great with Olive :twisted: chair sitting :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) Ma should know no female is too old for a spanking 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic Drawing!!! THANKS 8-) 8-) 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Looks like old Cole is ambidextrous. He has switched from right hand to left hand as he tans Olive's bum. :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I thought your comments about the difference between this strip and others of the time were both insightful and interesting. As for this strip, I like the story and thought Olive's father certainly knew exactly how to handle a naughty girl :D . Good update. Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:HI web-ed,

I thought your comments about the difference between this strip and others of the time were both insightful and interesting. As for this strip, I like the story and thought Olive's father certainly knew exactly how to handle a naughty girl :D . Good update. Thanks, Phil
Thanks, Phil! I want to do justice to the comics material on CSR, and not just "phone it in" by posting it with explanation or comment.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/17/2017

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with our Popeye mini-series as Popeye Spanks Olive Oyl.

Another busy week for me as the mail box remains unopened, but I should be able to get to it soon since I've already started coding next week's update, which is the finale of our Popeye mini-series. I don't have anything special planned for Thanksgiving Day since, as I've noted before, that's the holiday that has inspired the least amount of spanking art, although I may put up one cartoon of a BDSM turkey on the Home Page as a decoration. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!! Surprise there not many Thanksgiving spanking drawings :shock: seen a few ! but hey there plenty of Christmas spanking drawing to enjoy :D :D :D Kind of glad to see Popeye during the spanking this time plus it have a happy ending :twisted: :lol: :lol: Olive Oyl might not be the very shapely in fact no shape at all spankee in comic but it nice to see her getting spanked mostly because her stuck up attitude :lol: :lol: the otk is great with Popeye pinning her arms to her side giving him a clear path to her upturned bottom 8-) the after spanking is weird as she crunch holding her burning rear :lol: :lol: :lol: Olive knows Popeye is the man for her :D :D Great drawing! Wish to see some betty boop spankings !!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Popeye spanks Olive for malicious damage to a footpath. Perhaps she should have walked on the grass :roll:.

Wonder if he will give her another spanking for posting graffiti on a fence?