Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Good spanking too bad the artist didn`t give her a more rounder bottom :( also the spanker only got four fingers :twisted: :lol: :lol: THANKS 8-)
jimc

Post by jimc »

Bootsie Belmont was indeed such a great spanking in the series. It showed quite alot of dialog following the spanking and how she was spanked. i read the series because of that spanking. Bootsie was not spanked again , but she did figure in several stories after this one. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Nice Threat in Brenda Starr

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for all the additional work on Kerry Drake, Phil - you can be sure I'll add whatever you find to the existing page.

We've been doing a Brenda Starr mini-series over on the main site, and along with his other discoveries Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: found this very nice threat. It occurred in 1957, some years after the current last-known spanking in 1951. This is a very nice, warm, paternal scene with Brenda's editor Atwell Livwright saying, "If I weren't so relieved at having you back safe, young lady, I'd take you across my knee and give you a good, old-fashioned spanking!"

He even calls her "Young lady"! Female spankos will find themselves identifying strongly with Brenda's position here, and wishing that position had gone a step further to actual over-the-knee.

September 29, 1957. Story and art by Dale Messick. Scan by Sweetspot; edits by Web-Ed. © Chicago Tribune Syndicate

It will be recalled by old-timers that in the very early days of this board, JimC. and I put together a poll asking which comic-strip heroine CSR readers would most like to see spanked. The winner? Brenda Starr! Of course she did get spanked once, but perhaps there's another scene out there with our girl reporter getting some of her wildness tamed. :D
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

BrendaStarrSeptember29,1957DETAILPalmBeachPost.jpg
BrendaStarrSeptember29,1957DETAILPalmBeachPost.jpg (69.07 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
The Holy Grail of Christmas Presents according to Ralphie in the movie A Christmas Story is An official Red Ryder Carbine-Action 200-Shot Range Model Air Rifle (from Daisy! With a compass in the stock?) For readers of CSR the Holy Grail of Christmas presents this year would more likely be the posting of a M/F OTK spanking scene from the comic strip Red Ryder. Red certainly had plenty of spanking provocation throughout the years from any number of young women. Unfortunately for us Red Ryder lived by some self-imposed (and fictitious) code of the west that forbid him from spanking a woman - we prefer the more probably genuine code of the west that G.W. McClintock and many other heroes of western lore lived under. The only spankings I have found in this strip are two or three involving a pre-teenage girl.
Fred Harman's Red Ryder was first distributed on November 6, 1938 by NEA Service and continued into the late 1960s. The action in Red Ryder takes place in the 1890s. Red Ryder owns a ranch near Rimrock, Colorado. Besides Red other major characters are Red's aunt called Duchess who keeps the ranch going and the Navajo orphan he has adopted Little Beaver. Often Red must leave the ranch to come to the aid of his friend Sheriff Newt or for some other peacekeeping reason.
January 13, 1944. The adult daughter of a famous archeologist is resistant to the simple and honest ways of the west and immediately sees Red as a rube whose offered hospitality will only further inconvenience her. Little Beaver suggests that instead of Red's kindness, "Better she be seat-um spanked"
RedRyderJanuary13,1944.png
RedRyderJanuary13,1944.png (44.93 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
I spent many a Sunday evening with my family watching Bonanza on NBC. An ongoing theme in many of the episodes was that a female and male pair of crooks would jointly try to swindle the Cartwright's in one way or another. I noted that in the end the male member of this con-artist team would end up dead or headed to prison while the pretty female would inevitably simply be placed on a stagecoach headed east so that that she could get off to a fresh-start in life :roll: . That same kind of justice comes to Yvette in the spring of 1959. Duchess offers to "whale th' tar out of her" but this wholly justified threat only causes Yvette to speed up the schedule of the swindle.
RedRyderMarch6,1959DETAIL.jpg
RedRyderMarch6,1959DETAIL.jpg (48.34 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Mentions of "Brenda Starr" are okay, but I flinched when you began to talk about "Red Ryder." Whoever was the creator/artist of that strip was one of my most hated writers. I hope and pray that you never go there again, in this forum.

The S.O.B. who wrote "Red Ryder" was a fan of seeing males getting spanked. I remember with loathing seeing an old Red Ryder strip in which the eponymous hero apprehends a pair of crooks -- a man and a woman -- and, instead of putting the crooked female over his knee, Ryder spanks the man!

In another edition, Red Ryder's young Injun pal, Little Beaver, gets spanked over the knee of some white guy. Aside from the fact that today this would not be tolerated on racial grounds, at the time I was outraged because it was a man spanking a young man. Truly, the writer of that strip was a maza fargin basser! I'm so glad that comic is no longer with us. :evil:

Cheers,
Dan
Sweetspot

Missed Opportunity: More Alley Oop

Post by Sweetspot »

"Ooola done it she confessed" "You slugged Neetah..."
"I never hit a dame in my life... but when I thinka of all th' trouble you've caused me. I think it's time I started!"
October 31, 1947
AlleyOopOctober31,1947.jpg
AlleyOopOctober31,1947.jpg (30.52 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
"Let go of me you big whale" "You'll strike Ooola only over our bodies!" "And now young lady..."
November 1, 1947
AlleyOopNovember1,1947.jpg
AlleyOopNovember1,1947.jpg (29.03 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
November 3, 1947 [Note: the Sunday strip of November 2, 1947 was not part of the continuity of the daily strip story]
AlleyOopNovember3,1947.jpg
AlleyOopNovember3,1947.jpg (64.84 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweetspot

Re: Missed Opportunity: More Alley Oop

Post by Sweetspot »

November 7, 1947
AlleyOopNovember7,1947DETAIL.jpg
AlleyOopNovember7,1947DETAIL.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Red Ryder and Alley Oop

Post by web-ed »

More interesting material here, Phil.

I think the writer on Red Ryder was also the artist, Fred Harman. From Dan's report, I can only say he was seriously misguided on the subject of spanking, and I'm glad I've never run into any of his M/M stuff in the course of my researches.

Alley Oop seems to have had great caution when it came to spanking. We have the one scene in which King Wur spanks Princess Zee, but no others are known. And both examples here feature characters who leap to the potential spankee's defense: the three guys in Oola's case, and then Oola herself when Oop is ready to spank the blonde girl (who apparently deserves it for lying). It does seem, though, that Oop spanks Oola off-panel: we have the dialogue "Maybe that'll learn you..." and Oola appears to be rubbing her behind with her left hand. Also, there are more "pain stars" around the the third guy's head (the right-most one) than around the other two, so perhaps some of them were supposed to be associated with Oola's backside. So why not show the actual spanking?

Perhaps Hamlin felt that a man spanking a woman was somehow "hitting" her (although acceptable as a means of parental discipline), which would be exactly the flawed thinking of Superman Family editor Mort Weisinger that kept us from getting more than that one half-hearted spanking of Lois Lane by a Superman robot during the Silver Age.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Get Your Kicks from Li'l Abner

Post by web-ed »

Al Capp scripted a number of spankings in Li'l Abner that we've seen over on the main site (and he may have done even more in the strip's later period - I was forced to stop buying the reprint collections years ago because I couldn't afford them any more). His spankings were generally meant to be humorous, but he also had many characters "getting the boot" one way or the other (The Kigmies were a race that loved to be kicked where they sat down) and I have to believe Capp took greater delight in such scenes than he did in spankings.

Phil Sweetspot :ugeek: has found two boot-to-the-behind scenes of interest to us, one featuring the lazy Moonbeam McSwine and the second with Daisy Mae Scragg. Let's take a look at them now as part of Li'l Abnerpalooza. (Scans by Phil S.; minor edits by Web-Ed).

First we have Moonbeam McSwine being auctioned off in Ragbagdad while a despairing Daisy Mae is left behind:
June 7, 1951 © United Feature Syndicate

The slave dealer sends Moonbeam off with a good swift kick. Capp might get in trouble if he were alive in today's PC world, but in 1951 it was still o.k. to use for a story idea the existence of slavery in even the modern Muslim world. Notice also Capp's use of irony as the slave dealer refers to the buyer's "love [that] surpasseth all understanding" when he offers to throw his aged father into bondage as part of the deal.

Seven years later, Daisy Mae receives a good kick from Mammy Yokum - except it isn't part of the strip's continuity!
December 17, 1958. Mammy's kick results in some very large pain stars - ouch! © United Feature Syndicate

Interestingly, Capp drew the booted beauty's booty merely to capture the reader's attention! Was this an unintentional confession that someone giving poor Daisy a swift kick was what he himself most wanted to see? Or was it simply that he thought the readers would enjoy giving a beautiful girl a kick, never knowing that surely a greater number would have enjoyed taking her over their knees? Capp was a talented man, but not always a very nice one,

Of course we'd rather see a spanking, but Daisy Mae is so nicely bent over here (as a result of the kick rather than a prelude to it, we'd say) that I couldn't resist cutting Mammy out of the drawing and rotating it so that it looked as if perhaps Daisy has just received a tremendous swat with a paddle after bending well over :D !

As a matter of fact, next week we're going to see Daisy Mae drawn in a position very much like this one, panties down and bottom bared, and colored by Doctor Cylon!
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I remember Li'l Abner from my childhood. I remember that his parents were tiny but he was huge and his young brother "Tiny" was even bigger.

Al Capp was a great satirist, unfortunately he fell under the spell of Richard Nixon and lost a lot of his punch.
butch46163@yahoo.com

:x :x :x :x :x :x Miss Opportunities hate them in movies and comics why have a plot that feature a very beautiful bad woman that need a good spanking not punch or killed !! only to waste it :x :x :x the boy was right seat tum Spanked :lol: :lol: Nice find THANKS 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:I remember Li'l Abner from my childhood. I remember that his parents were tiny but he was huge and his young brother "Tiny" was even bigger.

Al Capp was a great satirist, unfortunately he fell under the spell of Richard Nixon and lost a lot of his punch.
Yes, the strip really went downhill in the 60's a 70's. The 40's was probably its heyday (it started in 1937), and I have all the strips from 1937 to the mid-50's or so. I don't know if there were any other spankings after that time (about when Abner and Daisy got married).
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Missed Opportunity: Captain Easy

Post by Sweetspot »

What you need to know about the history of Wash Tubbs/Captain Easy you can find here :
:arrow: http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/co ... ing_4.html

October 8, 1949
CaptainEasyOctober8,1949_LI (2).jpg
CaptainEasyOctober8,1949_LI (2).jpg (973.7 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
October 10, 1949
CaptainEasyOctober10,1949.jpg
CaptainEasyOctober10,1949.jpg (51.88 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
October 11, 1949
CaptainEasyOctober11,1949.jpg
CaptainEasyOctober11,1949.jpg (41.51 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

October 12, 1949 Gig is ready to give the trouble making Sara over his knee and spank her but is informed that Sara's ex Emmett Jackson is already taking care of punishing the treacherous brat in just that fashion. Meanwhile a fellow named Hilary has assumed a position on a ladder and represents all of us spanking fans who would love to be enjoying the sight of Sara getting switched.
CaptainEasyOctober12,1949FirstHalf.jpg
CaptainEasyOctober12,1949FirstHalf.jpg (48.46 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
October 12, 1949 Jan, Gig and Easy are in no hurry to put a stop to Sara being spanked with a switch [or switches].
CaptainEasyOctober12,1949.jpg
CaptainEasyOctober12,1949.jpg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
October 13, 1949 Gig wants to have a word with Sara now that she has stopped "screeching" in pain from her spanking. Emmett Jackson has the look of a spanker who has achieved great job satisfaction and has finally been able to rid himself of some inner-demon. Cathy is the name of Gig's daughter. Anyway, looks like a good spanking has been just what's been needed to adjust Sara's ah -world view ;) as she is now wanting to join her spanker wherever it is he is going.
CaptainEasyOctober13,1949DETAIL.jpg
CaptainEasyOctober13,1949DETAIL.jpg (51.39 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I suppose she decided that a smacked arse was not the worst thing that could happen to her. :twisted:
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

A very interesting plotline, Phil, and timely as well since I decided to turn our attention to Captain Easy next week. :D Since Emmett was Sara's ex-husband, he was entitled to spank her on the bare and I'd certainly like to believe that's why the spanking could not be shown on-panel!

You have to love the straight line delivered by little Cathy: "But Mr. Jackson - won't you feel badly spanking a grown-up lady like Miss Sara?"

Don't worry, Cathy dear - Mr. Jackson won't feel badly at all! :lol:

It's also very interesting that Sara is ready to re-unite with her former husband after he spanks her. ;)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

THANKS Phil 8-) Love a happy ending :D :D don`t thik Sara going be a bad woman after this :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Spanking Mention in Li'l Abner

Post by web-ed »

Somehow, this one got left out of Li'l Abnerpalooza, so here it is a week late but not, I hope, a dollar short:

Lil' Abner, Jan. 19, 1944. Scan by Phil Sweetspot; edited by Web-Ed. Note "blacked-out" characters indicating that Capp and his assistants were under great time pressure as was often the case. © United Feature Syndicate

I can't remember the plotline clearly after so many years, but Abner has been taken for emaciated singer Freddie McGurgle (probably a parody of Frank Sinatra) or he really is McGurgle - I forget which. He's been starved, which is why he's too weak to resist his fan club here. The spanking threat reminds us that in 1944 teen-agers did not simply run around at will, playing with their iphones at all hours of the day and night - parents could and did spank! :) No actual spanking here even though there were many in the strip.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Nice Find 8-) how time have change :(
Sweetspot

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities Little Abner

Post by Sweetspot »

No doubt I'll be going back to 1944 in the near future to gather the details about the Freddie McGurgle story line in Li'l Abner. But for now let's tie up some lose ends and fill in a few data base blanks. Keeping in mind that we're working in the Department of Threats And Missed Opportunities [DOTAMO] :|

As Web-Ed has posted Daisy is spanked twice in 1943 the first time being 'off-stage' on July 19. At the suggestion of Pansy Yokum, Daisy, who to this point in the strip has always been sweet and patient in her attempts at winning Abner's hand in marriage, has turned to 'caveman' techniques - what could go wrong? - with disastrous results for her bottom.
Li'lAbnerJuly19,1943.jpg
Li'lAbnerJuly19,1943.jpg (58.45 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
Li'lAbnerJuly20,1943.jpg
Li'lAbnerJuly20,1943.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
September 6, 1943. Shows the results of her spanking from Ramrod Ramsbottom of the the previous day. Stars have long been associated with spankings in the funny pages. The oldest examples of spanking produced 'pain stars' I know of are several from 1932. In fact stars appear on the comic page to represent pain to the head, back, elbow - well about any part of the body in fact.
Li'lAbnerSeptember6,1943.jpg
Li'lAbnerSeptember6,1943.jpg (80 KiB) Viewed 2476 times