Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/05/2018

Post by web-ed »

First, the latest Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 3758
Total: 572843
Comic Spankings: 1

The only spanking I've found lately was a second with Nipper, whose gag is that he's always wrong, getting spanked by his mother. I'll put the details in the DB later tonight if I can keep awake long enough. As usual, anyone wanting to see more can contact me by PM or email.

The Humorama Search has been going slowly and painfully. Yesterday I tried but failed to obtain 3 of the 7 remaining known digests from the critical period of 1955-60. I did manage to get some full-size magazines from Bill Ward's son Gary, and I did learn some reprint dates from them, but I found no new spanking cartoons. At this point, there are only three or four Humorama spanking cartoons I know exist but don't have scans of, and these are by some Wenzel-imitator whose name I can't make out.

Sweetspot’s Counts
New Spankings: 38 (as of Brenda Starr #5-7)
Identified Spankings: 2

38 new spankings from Phil S., and we're not done yet! But this week and next it's Li'l Abnerpalooza:
  • We show you how to get your kicks from Li'l Abner - scans of Moonbeam McSwine and Daisy Mae Scragg getting the boot!
  • M. J. Bivouac provides us with a beautiful drawing of Daisy Mae, bottom bared for a good switching!
  • Doctor Cylon moonlights in Comics Gallery 2 as we revisit a scene from the actual Li'l Abner comic strip in which Abner spanks Daisy Mae with the good Doctor's new colorization.
  • Doctor Cylon's favorite of the many drawings by Julius Zimmerman that he's colored is this one of Abner spanking Daisy Mae - seventeen new versions!
Since I can only code two links maximum here, for the links please go to the Home Page which you can reach from the top of this page.

It took me a long time to code all 17 new versions of the Zimmerman Li'l Abner spanking (this is Doctor Cylon's personal favorite, as mentioned above, and I didn't feel I could wait any longer to post them), so I decided to break Li'l Abnerpalooza into two parts, and that brings us to

Next Week: One drawing and one coloring of Daisy Mae by Larry Malone; and Doctor Cylon took another Zimmerman Daisy Mae drawing and colorized it - this one has Daisy bending well over with her reddening behind on full display! Be here next week for Part 2 of Li'l Abnerpalooza!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I agree with you that" Bivouac draws Daisy beautifully " :D . He's given her a nicely rounded bottom, just as spankers generally like. It looks like that switch has cut her skirt all to shreds and that she struggled so hard her breasts popped out :lol: . In any case, Bivouac drew her very erotically which is just the way I like it :D . I also love the apprehensive look on her face, as if she's wondering just that this man who has dominated her with that switch, is going to do to her next 8-) .

The Daisy Mae spanking seems like a really good spanking panel for an actual comic strip spanking :D The OTK position is good and I like the surprised expression on her face and the tears flying. It would appear that our boy, Li'l Abner is giving her a proper spanking for sure 8-) . It's too bad we don't know why. Of course, Daisy Mae is a bit thin for my tastes in this one and I prefer the way Bivouac has drawn her but it's a good depiction of a spanking none the less. I like the modified versions too and I think the one with her dress up and the modified expression is my personal favorite.

When I attempted to open the the Julius Zimmerman/Doc Cylon link to 17 new versions, I get a 404 error code so I wasn't able to see those. Anyway, I enjoyed the ones I was able to open and I have confidence you will correct whatever error exists. Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!! couldn`t see the 17 new version from Julius Zimmerman and Doctor Cylon :( :x but I do enjoy the one where a buff up Abner spanking a very shapely bare bottom Daisy Mae over his knee BIG THUMBS UP Julius Zimmerman Doctor Cylon 8-) 8-) 8-) the real spanking of Daisy by ABner in the omic strip is good only she doesn`t have much of a bottom to spank :lol: :lol: :lol: love that it is hard judging by the tears flying from her eyes :D also the otk is Great! Like M J Bivouac Switching of Daisy Mae :twisted: Perfect!! always wanted to see Moonbeam McSwine get spanked very curvy Bad girl but seeing her get the boot to her plump behind is nice :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great this week Comic Spankings 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 01/05/2018

Post by web-ed »

Oops, that's really embarassing! :oops: Normally, I do check all the links when I load the weekly updates, and often there's some typo that keeps one of the links from working which I immediately correct. In this case I was extremely tired and tested only one of the two links to Doc Cylon's Abner/Daisy spanking, namely the first one (the one that uses the picture as the link) and somehow I missed the second or misinterpreted that the color of the link had changed. I had coded "http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/do ... nning.html" instead of "http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/do ... nning.html", and that was enough to keep it from working. (Not such an easy error to spot, is it? That's why you have to test!).

That link is now corrected on the Home Page, and here it is again: Li'l Abner/Daisy Mae Doctor Cylon I hope everyone will see it as it's quite an effort by the good Doctor :D .
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/12/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 2 of Li'l Abnerpalooza!
  • Larry Malone provides us with a nice coloring of Daisy Mae bent over a trestle.
  • Then Larry shows us the range of his skills as Li'l Abner obeys the Code of the Hills and spanks Daisy Mae!
  • Doctor Cylon chimes in with his alterations of a drawing by Julius Zimmerman in which Daisy Mae Bends Over - and we mean all the way over! - to get her bottom reddened.
For links to the updates, please go to the Home Page by following the link at the top of this page. By the way, there was a problem with the link to the Li'l Abner / Daisy Mae spanking by Doctor Cylon, so if you didn't see it last week, please check it out this week. A link will be found in the preceding post, and the link on the Home Page has since been corrected.

This week and last we've featured Doctor Cylon's emendations of the work of Julius Zimmerman, who passed away recently. The announcement is here.

Next Week: we get back to the many scans of Sweetspot as we take another look at Roy Crane's classic strip Captain Easy. This may have to run more than one week; I don't know because I haven't gotten to it yet. I believe I've found some new scans or new reprints myself, so there may be too much material for me to get through in one week. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Let's see, in the trestle drawing, our girl Daisy Mae has her wrists and knees bound, she's tired to the trestle, her breasts are bare and her bottom is bare and stinging while she's getting paddled. I can't imagine why she looks so apprehensive :lol: .

I thought Larry Malone's drawing was delightful what with Li"l Abner doing one of his duties as her husband and Daisy Mae happily and submissively accepting both her spanking and his will with tears flying and a smile on her face :D . She obviously wanted a strong and strong willed man to keep her in line and she's so happy about getting her first spanking from him 8-) . From the look on her face, I'd say he's in for a treat when he lets her up :lol: . The characters are nicely drawn and you've already talked about the good OTK position. I really like the drawing and the idea behind it :D .

I'm not quite sure what to day about the Julius Zimmerman/Doc Cylon drawing :lol: . You mentioned Zimmerman's oversized boobs and I got to thinking that perhaps the young lady in the drawing just couldn't hold them up anymore and collapsed into this position, which would explain why she bend over so far :lol: . Doc always does such a nice coloring job and I particularly like the throbbing effect in the first drawing :D .

I got to look at the Doc Cylon's favorite Zimmerman drawings and I can see why he spend so much time doing different versions. It's probably that fat, little bottom on the spankee. I know that's what I noticed first :lol: . I like the way Doc has colored the panties and my favorite coloring on the spankee's bottom is the one that was labeled "2". It kind of has a sizzling effect, I think :D . Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB -ED CSR First off Never tell Doctor Cylon to spank harder :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: Julius Zimmerman have a thing for very huge breasts :D :D :D being I prefer Daisy to have a really big butt :D :D Doctor Cylon as always paint a bad female bottom a nice shade of red 8-) 8-) 8-) Good drawings And Great Coloring by the Doctor 8-) Larry Malone`s Daisy Mae bent over a trestle is Hot love how red her bottom is Ouch! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: can`t but love the code of the hill :twisted: :twisted: only flaw Daisy shouldn`t be happy during her spanking :x GREAT Drawings 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/19/2018

Post by web-ed »

From Lil' Abner to Captain Easy we go - one great strip to another. I realized this week I have four spankings from Easy in the files - three with new scans of known spankings, plus a new one I discovered only a few months ago (it will become #6 from the strip). I'm going to present these in a three-week mini-series, beginning this week with Phil Sweetspot's :ugeek: new scans from what is currently the last known spanking (also probably the best): Captain Easy #1.

The numbering means it was the first I posted, but in fact it's the last chronologically, dating from 1980 (now confirmed by Phil).

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 2 of our Captain Easy mini-series! More new scans from Phil S.! :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI-WEB-ED CSR :D GREAT Spanking GREAT story 8-) 8-) only flaw seem that Miss Ritzingham didn`t learn her lesson and got the last laugh at the end :twisted: :x Captain Easy should have took both her and her friend across his knee :lol: :lol: :lol: the otk is good with the spoil woman`s jeans clad bottom sticking up 8-) also love her facial expression! Captain Easy must not have spanked her too hard judging how she sat in the limo with no problem :x Miss Ritzingham deserve a second spanking and Captain Easy should have done it instead of bailing :x :x :x THANKS!!
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI-WEB-ED CSR :D GREAT Spanking GREAT story 8-) 8-) only flaw seem that Miss Ritzingham didn`t learn her lesson and got the last laugh at the end :twisted: :x Captain Easy should have took both her and her friend across his knee :lol: :lol: :lol: the otk is good with the spoil woman`s jeans clad bottom sticking up 8-) also love her facial expression! Captain Easy must not have spanked her too hard judging how she sat in the limo with no problem :x Miss Ritzingham deserve a second spanking and Captain Easy should have done it instead of bailing :x :x :x THANKS!!
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Great stuff all over Chicago Spanking Review - glad I can contribute! : :geek:
In addition to the continuity problem web ed discovered in the 1980 Ritzingham series from Captain Easy of the chair that suddenly loses its arms and Easy's magic neck tie, note [as I only did this very afternoon] that at the airport Sandra's bag, including shoulder straps, disappears, reappears and disappears again before finally reappearing one final time as the small group makes their exit from JFK. Probably also done to accommodate the OTK spanking scene.

A detail from the July 31, 1980 strip that I had overlooked before today :| but found while I was looking for the clip that follows this one.
CaptainEasyJuly31,1980DETAIL.jpg
CaptainEasyJuly31,1980DETAIL.jpg (71.82 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
After web-ed's comment concerning the expression on the face of Sandra Ritzingham's friend I just had to get a better look by finding a better clip. Fortunately since sending these Easy clips to the Web-Ed some months ago I started using a new newspaper archive that provided clearer scans. Sandra seems not amused by Easy's threat of a repeat spanking at she reaches back to give her behind a little rub. Perhaps she is all business, for the moment anyway. On the other hand, her friend looks as if she is ready to follow Cap up to his bedroom, take down her own slacks and toss herself across his lap :mrgreen:
CaptainEasyAugust5,1980DETAIL.jpg
CaptainEasyAugust5,1980DETAIL.jpg (63.64 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The old trousers hider! Miss Ritzenham really wants to be spanked again.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

This is a really great story all the way around :D . Of course, we would never have known what we do if not for the efforts of Phil S. In the July 21 strip, I really like the expressions in the last panel. Hers is a haughty, I can do anything I like expression and his look of total irritation :D . In the July 22 strip, they both have angry expressions, hers even though he has just grabbed her arm and spun her around as she tries to leave. That seems like a rookie mistake to me :lol: . Even as he starts to drag her off, she's still angry and her expression doesn't change until the middle panel of the July 23rd strip when she finally realizes he's about to give her a spanking and her looks changes to one of surprise and dread :lol: . The point of all this is that the artist has done a really great job in all aspects of this. He's in no hurry so he's showing us the whole scene unfolding. He's keying on the emotions of this scenario by making the facial expressions of the players plain. The OTK scenes are great, not only because of the good position, but also from the standpoint of the emotions in play. He does a pretty good job of capturing the action of the scene too, although he could have shown her legs kicking. He does show her arms waving around though. I have to think that the artist understands well the dynamic between a man and a woman when he's giving her a spanking. I will say that, if I had been doing this strip, this spanking would have resumed if the spankee had said to me, "OH, DO SHUT UP" as our spoiled spankee does in the middle panel of the July 24th strip :lol: . I do appreciate the extended strip that Phil S. gives us after the spanking :D . I also noticed that when they are watching the spanking on TV in the July 29 strip, our spankee does appear to be kicking more 8-) . In the August, 5 strip, I noticed that the spoiled girl is back to her haughty, defiant expression, which indicates that the first spanking didn't get the job done. I would have given her another spanking, even if I had to drop the towel to do it :lol: .......bare bottom this time and maybe her friend too 8-) :lol: . Great update :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/26/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 2 of our Captain Easy mini-series:
Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 3 of our Captain Easy mini-series, as this week's spanker, Lulu Belle, gets spanked herself - and you won't believe by whom! Plus, some new scans of the 5th spanking from this strip.

Falling asleep as I write this, but here's what's going on: I'm still getting the updates done, but I'm not doing as well with my mailbox, so hang in there if you've been trying to reach me. I'm working as hard as I can but I'm just overwhelmed.

Our Captain Easy mini-series is being well-received, and we've still got one week to go. I had actually forgotten that not only did Chief Strip Researcher Phil Sweetspot :ugeek: provide new scans and details of the Lulu Belle / Mrs. Brandywine spanking, he also discovered a new spanking that took place during the same episode. Yes, it's F/M, but as it's not of a child and it's integral to the episode it is being presented as part of the update.

You say you want more M/F spanking? No problem - we'll see the tables turned on this week's spanker, Lulu Belle, as she becomes the spankee next time in a never-before-seen Captain Easy spanking scene. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! The Wolf girl in Captain Easy is very curvy like her wide hips :D the over the knee is GREAT! wish that the short dress she have on was clingy so that we could see her shapely buttocks :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: the flash back of her being spanked by her papa was ok? only it would have been better if this was the first time she was ever spanked! Surprise Captain Easy didn`t spank her with a roll up newspaper :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking in Comic 8-) Seeing Lulu Belle spank the headstrong Mrs. Brandywine is Exciting specially seeing her large rear being smack hard! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: also believe some mothers just like their children need a good spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: too bad this wasn`t otk :( VERY Exciting spanking in comic 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I enjoyed the Captain Easy strip, both the drawings and the story :D . It's sure nice to have the new scans so we can actually read the story. It appears that our hero tried talking to the naughty girl face to face and when that didn't work, he decided to try using his hand to explain the situation to her bottom :lol: . That is, of course, the proper procedure. Speaking from personal experience, I've noticed that sometimes the fastest way to get a point through to a girl's brain is to send the message through her bottom :lol: . I love her totally startled expression at finding herself OTK and I thought the flashback to her childhood was a nice touch :D . It just goes to show you that even strong, independent thinking girls, may have a submissive side ;) .

I didn't like the story line of the Lulu Belle strip nearly as well although, I do agree that sometimes the mother needs a spanking at least as much as the spoiled child :lol: . I'm also not big on the spanker holding the spankee under her arm. I have to wonder if the artist's intention was less to accurately depict the spanking scene and more to just give us the impression of a spanking taking place. Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/02/2018

Post by web-ed »

O.K., a big week as we start February: no Romantic Spanking Month this year, but the Comic Strip Series needs to retain center stage, and it continues this week with Part 3 of our Captain Easy mini-series:
  • New Sweetspot scans of Captain Easy #4, in which the Easy paddles the daylights out of bad girl Lola Fedora.
  • Last week's spanker Lulu Belle becomes the spankee in Captain Easy #6 - and you won't believe who the spanker is! I found this one at auction.
This was supposed to conclude our Captain Easy mini-series, but I forgot that I had an update for the Easy spanks Helga scene, and the dreaded deadline doom (self-imposed, to be sure) has caught up to me - I simply cannot get the coding done before midnight. Therefore, next week we will have Easy's spanking of Helga, plus I think we'll revisit the second spanking Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: discovered in Harold Teen.

Lots more to come, folks, and I'm saving two or three of Phil's best for the conclusion of the series, so please don't be discouraged when we come to my own rather lame Lena Pry spankings (I'll try to get them out of the way soon). Yes, it's most exciting to see brand-new strip spankings, but these follow-ups are important two, and with Phil's new scans (plus a few of my own) I think they're well worth revisiting. 8-)

O.K., now for the January Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 2203
Total: 575046
Comic Spankings: 1

It's not that we're short of material, but I really would like to get caught up a bit on the Golden Age Search. For one thing, it takes time to keep backing up the 30,000 or so pages I haven't had time to look through yet. I am making some progress, but with the mailbox overflowing and the weekly site updates, it's an uphill battle. This month, only one spanking showed up, and it's not a good one:

1. Wonder Comics #13 (August 1947,Pines) F/M, Mother/Son, OTK, paddle – spanked for fighting with neighbors in 2-panel strip “Ya Just Can’t Win”. Wrong hand. By Jules Steiner.

The use of a paddle in the OTK position is a little unusual, but otherwise, this is pretty ordinary and of course of very little interest. It will be added to the DB shortly and as usual anyone wanting to see it can contact me by PM or email.

The Humorama Search continues also, but slowly and painfully. There are only 8 digests known to exist from the classic 1955-60 period that remain to be searched (with some others in the less-important 1961-81 period). I did locate one digest, and to my surprise I found a new, never-before-seen spanking cartoon by an obscure artist in it :D ! Why it was never reprinted (for so it seems) is a mystery, but we'll get to see it eventually.

O.K., that's enough for now - see you all here next week :) !
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Lulu Belle spanked by a Gorilla :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is a very interesting X comic spanking :o Lulu Belle have a nice large round spankable bottom too bad it have to take a Gorilla with a big mighty hand to spank it :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good over the knee with large rear up high :D :D :D the ending is exciting with the gorilla sating on her 8-) should have giving her bottom a few more hard smacks! Captain Easy is a true gentleman being he never hurt a woman only spank her :D :lol: :lol: :lol: and what a spanking he give Lola Fedora OUCH!!!! :lol: :lol: that thin little dress she wearing is no match for this spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: Great otk and after with the naughty Lola rubbing her burning tail :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking From Captain Easy comics 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

If the spanking is foreplay Lulu may be disappointed to find that a gorilla's dick is a lot smaller than a man's. :geek:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I haven't had a lot if spare time to log on lately, but I wanted to comment on the latest batch of Captain Easy spankings.

I liked the Lola Fedora spanking the best... and what she says afterwards. while rubbing her bottom: "He geef me the spank. Oo how I scream! Oo how he spank!"

I liked the Sandra Ritzingham spanking too... especially with the surrounding panels. Now I know what led to the spanking, and what happened afterwards. Great story! I only wish the artist had drawn Ms. Ritzingham with a little plumper butt.

The Wolf Girl had a nicely-curved bottom... and a cute startled expression on her face when she found herself over the Captain's knee.

Lulu Belle was not drawn to be pretty, which takes away from the appeal of seeing her get spanked...(even though she does have some roundness to her punished bottom in the OTK panel!

Thanks to you, and to Sweetspot for finding these newspaper treasures!