Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I enjoyed the Captain Easy #4 spanking :D . First off, it's a good story line and our spankee had definitely been a naughty girl who deserved a good spanking, which is just the kind I like to see :D . I thought Crane did a pretty good job of showing us the spanking scene and the events leading up to it. I think he could have enhanced it if he had shown her face so we could see her facial expressions when she first realizes she's going to get a spanking and also during the spanking. I really like the OTK position but I thought this panel could have been further enhanced if she was kicking her legs. It's a pretty good panel showing the spanking but he failed to capture the action as well as he could have. I also liked the panel of her rubbing her bottom with a rather pensive expression on her face :lol: .

I was less impressed with Captain Easy #6. Again, the OTK position is really good with her rear end up high and the spanker holding her head way down. There is all kinds of action in this strip but again, there really isn't much in the spanking panel and again, we can't see the spankee's face during the spanking? I'm not big on non human spankers either. Still, both these are good finds and I enjoyed reading them :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I've already pointed out in this Forum the similarities between the spanking in Amazing Mystery Funnies #24 [1940] and the one in the Wash Tubbs strip of October 31, 1932. Unfortunately I can't find my own post so I'll more succinctly place this information here since the subject on the main site is Captain Easy [Wash Tubbs eventually became Captain Easy as Cap's popularity surpassed Tubbs]. Evidently Lt. Lank writer/artist Paul J. Lauretta was one of the many admirers' of Roy Crane because it seems pretty obvious that he borrows somewhat freely from Crane's work on Wash Tubbs for his spanking scene. In Crane's strip Lola Fedora yells "Madre De Dios!" he's going to kill me. So she has beseeched the Mother of God to save her from being killed by Captain Easy whom she has betrayed. Easy agrees that Lola needs a mother's attention and instead of killing her he spanks her. :D
"You're a woman I'm going to be a mother to you" Lt. Lank likewise tells Queen Ursala eight years later. Like Crane, Lauretta uses the rather unusual word PLOP to describe the sound of hand hitting shapely female bottom. :)
WashTubbsOctober31,1932DETAIL.jpg
WashTubbsOctober31,1932DETAIL.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
What you need to know about Lt. Lank is here
:arrow: http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/co ... nking.html
While we're looking at this particular Web-Ed comic book find please note that when Queen Ursala cries out for help mid-spanking she appears to be appropriately crying "ASSistance! ASSASSin! :lol: That could just be wishful thinking ;)
amazing_mystery_funnies_no_24_lank_p5.jpg
amazing_mystery_funnies_no_24_lank_p5.jpg (414.1 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/09/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with:
  • Part 4 of our Captain Easy mini-series: Captain Easy #5, in which Easy spanks bad spy Helga.
  • Extra bonus feature: Sweetspot scans of Harold Teen #2 - Harold spanks the police chief's daughter!
O.K., this winds up the Captain Easy mini-series, so next week we can go on to other things. I'm still so overworked that I don't even know what to present next week, but it will definitely be something new (the Harold Teen spanking this week was already presented in this forum by Phil S. :ugeek: ).

I'm trying very hard to get to the mail, but I'm just overwhelmed. Doctor Cylon has been sending me new stuff and I'm a month behind just on downloading that! It appears the good Doctor has been more prolific over the years than any of us probably suspected - it looks like his works number in excess of 2000! The problem for me is that I have to download them, then check the files to see if they've already been posted, then rename them so similar items stay together, then file them in appropriate sub-folders. But it's worth it to see his unique approach to spanking material! :D And we will be seeing him regularly in CSR once again.

Anyway, I'll continue to soldier on, and perhaps I'll express a few of my concerns in April, our anniversary month. For now, please keep checking back every week because we do have a lot of strip spankings to cover! :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Captain Easy :lol: there`s nothing easy when it come to spanking the ladies :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: and this week drawing is HOT!!!! :D that little skimpy outfit our naughty female spy is wearing gives no protection from Captain Easy hard spanks Ouch :lol: :lol: :lol: the over the knee is great with her bottom sticking up high 8-) 8-) 8-) also like the after spanking with her rubbing her sore burning rear :D :D yes he is a Great Spanker :lol: :lol: :lol: Super Good Spanking in COMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG THUMBS UP to SweetSpot for this Exciting spanking from Harold Teen 8-) 8-) 8-) WOW!! the police Chief daughter is very curvy :D :D and have a nice big bottom just ripe for Harold`s firm hand :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wish I could see the build up leading toward the spanking. Anyway this is A GREAT Spanking from comic THANKS 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I see you saved the best for last on the Captain easy strip :D . I liked the well developed story and the fact that our spankee really earned her spanking :D . You already mentioned the good OTK position and I also thought that Crane captured the action of the spanking really well......kicking legs and flailing arms 8-) . Too bad we couldn't see her face. I also like the pensive look on our spankee's face as she ruefully rubs her sore bottom after the spanking :lol: . I also liked the fact that she runs after our hero, having fallen in love with the man who soundly spanked her bottom 8-) . In my opinion, the story unfolded just as it should have, from beginning to end :D .

Phil's new scan of the Harold Teen spanking is a welcome addition to the story :D . I like the way the spankee is kicking up a storm :lol: . Good updates. Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Nice to see a grown woman Rosetta punished summarily for what in my time as a Cop was the felony of "Malicious Damage to Property." Even the child she was standing in for knew she had it coming. 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/16/2018

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Nice to see a grown woman Rosetta punished summarily for what in my time as a Cop was the felony of "Malicious Damage to Property." Even the child she was standing in for knew she had it coming. 8-)
Thanks, Willjohn! And sorry about not getting to the post here before you got to the updates - of course, it's 11 hours earlier (I think) where you are! :lol:

At least I got the DB updated. Still overwhelmed, but we press ever onward with the Comic Strip Series.

And for everyone else, here is the link to this week's update:

Adventures of Patsy #1

And next week, we'll have Adventures of Patsy #2, which interestingly took place only minutes after #1! Yes, Rosetta gets a second spanking over her shorts, this time by a handsome young man. You don't want to miss this one - new scans from Phil S. :ugeek: , Andre, and Robin!
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Really like this week spanking from comic The Adventure Of Patsy 8-) and even though I have not seen Patsy get a spanking yet I`m happy to see a spoil grown daughter get taken in hand :D :D :D :D the over the knee in this comic is great as daddy soundly spanked his very beautiful daughter Rosetta hard what with the weird spanking sound :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: think Rosetta need a hair brush on her cute round bottom next time :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT GREAT Spanking in comic!!!!
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/16/2018

Post by willjohn »

web-ed wrote:
willjohn wrote:Nice to see a grown woman Rosetta punished summarily for what in my time as a Cop was the felony of "Malicious Damage to Property." Even the child she was standing in for knew she had it coming. 8-)
Thanks, Willjohn! And sorry about not getting to the post here before you got to the updates - of course, it's 11 hours earlier (I think) where you are! :lol:

Where I am (Sydney, NSW, Australia) it is 7.49am, Eastern Summer Time.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Rosetta certainly deserved a good spanking for her tantrum and that makes this just the kind of spanking we like to see :D . I too liked the OTK position and especially the startled expression on her face. As spoiled as she obviously is, there's little doubt that she would have been startled indeed at this turn of events :lol: I also liked the irritated expression on his face, even if the cigar appears to be sticking out of his nose :lol: . Overall, I think this is a good depiction of the start of Rosetta's spanking although I found myself wishing for more definition in the way her bottom was drawn. Good update :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

This week: Aventures of Patsy #2 - Rosetta gets her fanny tanned for the second time in one memorable day as this time it's a handsome co-star who turns her OTK!

O.K. I'm still very much under the gun here, but I'm already working on next week's update which will be some new scans from Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: of the first spanking from Big Ben Bolt. Meanwhile, I hope everyone likes this week's update, in which Phil was joined by Andre and Robin in providing me with Adventures of Patsy #2 - it's not a paternal spanking but has the same good OTK positioning as last week's, so there's really nothing to inhibit anyone's enjoyment of a fine spanking scene and a very significant find.

Next, please don't forget to check out Resident Artists Hugob00m and Phil Overbarrel, who are each in the middle of two exciting spanking adventures, B00m's O.T. Katie Goes to See a Movie and Phil's Growing Pains. I can't provide links because of this board's limitations, but simply head on over to their respective galleries and you'll find them. These are great spanking features, people, offered absolutely free of charge by these artists on CSR, so do be sure to take advantage of their availability. A few comments would also be appreciated, I'm sure. :)

Dr. Cylon continues to supply us with further riches. It will be some time before this process is concluded, but I will try to work in some updates to his gallery at least monthly. We may see an example next week if we're lucky. ;)

I added the RTA (Restricted to Adults) banner and code to the Home Page and the Index Page this week. This was just to defend against any possible future allegation that we're encouraging children to visit the site, although much of it is perfectly suitable for any age group. You may not even have noticed it.

By the way, has anyone heard from Dan? I thought he had posted something in his gallery shortly before Christmas, yet when I went back looking for whatever it was later, it was gone. I've checked my mailbox (yes, I'm still way behind) and he hasn't reported any login issues.

O.K., that's all I've got for now. See you in March :) !
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

After Daddy and Wilbur finished with Rosetta's sitter she would be looking for an ice pack and the softest chair in the studio.

Well done!
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Poor Rosetta Blaine Two well deserved hard spanking :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe she need to change her name to Rosetta Blaze being that how her bottom is feeling :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good over the knee nice hard spanking to a very glamorous you woman! GREAT SPANKING IN COMIC 8-) THANKS!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Rare Rump Rosie could be another alias. :twisted:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:Next, please don't forget to check out Resident Artists Hugob00m and Phil Overbarrel, who are each in the middle of two exciting spanking adventures, B00m's O.T. Katie Goes to See a Movie and Phil's Growing Pains. I can't provide links because of this board's limitations, but simply head on over to their respective galleries and you'll find them. These are great spanking features, people, offered absolutely free of charge by these artists on CSR, so do be sure to take advantage of their availability. A few comments would also be appreciated, I'm sure.
Thanks for the plug.
web-ed wrote:This week: Aventures of Patsy #2 - Rosetta gets her fanny tanned for the second time in one memorable day as this time it's a handsome co-star who turns her OTK!
I like that! It was certainly fun seeing Rosetta get a spanking from someone other than her father... (although the father was right, if a little late, to chastise his daughter) Does anyone know whether "Jed"/Wilbur and Rosetta developed a romantic relationship later in the story? And... Heh heh! ...Were the cameras rolling while Rosetta was getting spanked? That might just send Mr. Blaine's TV ratings through the roof!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

web-ed wrote:This week: Aventures of Patsy #2 - Rosetta gets her fanny tanned for the second time in one memorable day as this time it's a handsome co-star who turns her OTK!
hugob00m wrote:I like that! It was certainly fun seeing Rosetta get a spanking from someone other than her father... (although the father was right, if a little late, to chastise his daughter) Does anyone know whether "Jed"/Wilbur and Rosetta developed a romantic relationship later in the story? And... Heh heh! ...Were the cameras rolling while Rosetta was getting spanked? That might just send Mr. Blaine's TV ratings through the roof!
That's a good thought, B00m. I believe the cameras were not on at the time, but what a sight it would have been for the viewers if they were, and how embarrassing for Rosetta! :D That would remind us of the Captain Easy / Sandra Ritzingham spanking we revisited a few weeks ago, where her friend even comments on the humiliation of being spanked on TV!

I don't know if there was a Jed/Rosetta romance as a result of her tanning. Perhaps Phil S. :ugeek: can check his archive and see what happened next.
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

March 9, 1950 The good citizens of Alhombre have gathered at the local 'watering hole' to watch The Jed Nevada Show which is emanating from a studio not far from their location. Rosetta Blaine, heiress and celebrity chaser, walks into the bar offering cash to whoever will head down to her dad's TV studio and rid Alhombre of the phony 'cowboy' from NEW JERSEY! Little wonder that Miss Blaine is making her proposition standing up because we recall with glee that Rosetta's rear is rosy red having just been twice spanked first by her long-put-upon daddy and also by Wilbur -Ned Nevada - Peachtree. Ned is singing his own composition - I'd Rather Be Lonely Than Love That Gal From Alhombre. At this point it looks more promising that Rosetta Blaine will be spanked again rather than romance will bloom in the desert.
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch9,1950.jpg
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch9,1950.jpg (58.85 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
March 13, 1950. Being from New Jersey [get a rope!] is evidently offensive enough to be made to dance accompanied by the hum and ping of bullets and to be called a 'sissy dude' - :roll: Of course the unscripted battle that results in Wilbur knocking his opponents senseless, will cause the show to be a huge hit :o The brawl also causes the TV equipment to be destroyed and the show to be knocked off the air. As if that weren't enough Mr. Blaine is notified that he has gone bankrupt. 'Fickle' Rosetta has once again fallen for Jed now that she has seen that he is, in reality, a real bada... :oops: You would have thought her second spanking would have been proof of that. Anyway, speaking of spankings - Rosetta being twice spanked in the same storyline is pretty rare for the comic strip...Merrie in Brenda Starr, Queen Pera in The Phantom and Cherrie in Smilin' Jack are also spanked more than once in a story. You could make a case that Giddy Jones was spanked twice by Tip in Boots and Her Buddies. As a tease of things to come at CSR we will also see that a certain good doctor spanks a woman twice in the same story :?:
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch13,1950.jpg
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch13,1950.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
March 24, 1950 Ned's song is a big hit and it looks like in the end he prefers to love the gal from Alhombre to being lonely afterall. Could be plenty of smacking in their future as Jed and Rosetta hit the happy trail together 8-)
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch24,1950.jpg
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch24,1950.jpg (35.22 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
web-ed
Site Admin

The Further Adventures of Patsy

Post by web-ed »

Wild stuff, Phil - thanks! Rosetta certainly needed a third spanking, perhaps with a good leather implement since they're in the west. :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/02/2018

Post by web-ed »

Odd personal schedule this week, so I'm doing the updates well ahead of time. This week, we revisit the boxing strip Big Ben Bolt to find out more about the first spanking we posted some years ago - new scans from Phil S. :ugeek: !

Next week, we'll take another look at the second spanking from the strip.

Lots of other stuff going on, but I'm too tired to talk about any of it. It's March already, and probably in April I'll get into where CSR is today and where we'd like it to be. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

So now we have left the cowgirl set and gone to revisit Ben's Big Bolt, where we find the victim of the assault was not Bolt but some poor old duffer who hired him to teach his daughter to defend herself only for her to turn mean and need a smacked arse.