Spanking in the Workplace

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Spanking in the Workplace

Post by web-ed »

We've all seen those classic Humorama cartoons with spanked secretaries galore (23 and counting), and there have even been some modern-day cartoons on the same theme, but what about actual spanking in the workplace? I once read a credible account of such a spanking that took place back in the 1930's: a young woman, probably in the 18 - 20 range who presumably was used to getting spanked on the farm, had taken a job in an office. She screwed up in some way and was given a warning by the boss. When it happened again, he told her, "You messed up again - come back into the inner office." There, according to the witness who overheard it, the spanking took place, possibly on the bare bottom :o .

Of course, that was back in the 30's. While office-based spankings remain great fantasy material, today it would be extremely unwise for someone to attempt to do any such thing. You'd think that would be obvious, but apparently some people couldn't see that - we call them judgment debtors (people who have lost a lawsuit). Here, for amusement purposes only (do not try this in your own workplace!) are some examples:
The owner of a shaved ice business was arrested after two employees claimed he spanked them for making mistakes at work... One of the women told police that on her first day at the Tasty Flavors Sno Biz, Levengood made her sign a statement that said: "I give Gene permission to bust my behind any way he sees fit."
(This one came from Coyote Blog).

Here's one from The Sun (London), dated March 7, 2002:
A BOSS who spanked a woman to make her work harder was ordered to pay his victim £1,000 yesterday. Bully Paul Price, 38, gave cleaning supervisor Linda Thomas three whacks on the bum on two different occasions. He also threatened to pull down her trousers and pants and slap her bare bottom if her work did not improve. Mrs Thomas, 35, reported him to cops. Price was yesterday ordered to pay her compensation by Cardiff Crown Court. He was also given an 80-hour community punishment order and told to pay £400 costs. Price, who admitted common assault, has been sacked as steward of the Pant Side Social Club in Newbridge.

One from another British paper, the Daily Express (London), September 18, 1992:
Nursing home boss Neal Mahfouz's idea of staff discipline was to put girls over his knee and smack them, an industrial tribunal was told yesterday.
He set them impossible memory tests and forced them into corporal punishment when they failed.
The tribunal decided that two girl care assistants who quit their jobs to escape the beatings were victims of sexual discrimination because Mr Mahfouz would not have treated male employees in the same way.
Kareen McCafferty, 17, who said Mr Mahfouz wrote a clause into her contract allowing him to beat her, was awarded £7,426 for loss of earnings and hurt feelings. Her colleague Tammeaka Cole, 19, got £6,510.
Tribunal chairman Christopher Tickle said both had been indecently assaulted in grossly humiliating circumstances under threat of losing their jobs.
"It was persistent, deliberate and grossly insulting," he added.
Miss McCafferty said she endured half a dozen beatings by Mr Mahfouz, co-owner of Lonsdale House nursing home at Kettering, Northamptonshire.
She was only 16 when he asked her to memorise house running procedures. At a later test she got about 20 questions wrong.
"He told me it was no good and I obviously wasn't trying," she said. She claimed Mr Mahfouz sat on a chair and ordered her to bend over his lap.
"He hit me with his hand on my bum about 20 times for each question I got wrong," she said.
The following night he left her in tears when he beat her on the bottom with a brush after another quiz session.
She said he also used other excuses to smack her. Miss Cole told the tribunal she was smacked with a 12-inch ruler when she failed to memorise the home's emergency procedures.
Mr Mahfouz denied smacking either girl and alleged they were sometimes unruly and disrespectful to him. Compensation was awarded against him and his mother Dr Yvonne Michael, co-owner of the home.
Finally, here's one from the U.S. that occurred just a few years ago:
A California jury returned a verdict in favor of Janet Orlando, a former employee of Alarm One, which is a bankrupt home security company whose motivational tools included spanking employees when they had poor sales numbers. The verdict upholds a settlement agreement Orlando had entered into after receiving a prior jury verdict awarding her $1.7 million for the humiliation she was forced to endure.

The detail that I remember was that they used a "For Sale" sign as a paddle! That little bit of office horseplay cost the company $1.7 million.

There's actually one more story that I'm familiar with, but unfortunately I can't share the details here because of, er, possible legal issues. The "bottom" line: don't give in to temptation. Workplace spanking is best left as fantasy material. :)
-- Web-Ed