Another Level

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Another Level

Post by overbarrel49 »

words seem to be failing Christine at this point
words seem to be failing Christine at this point
013.jpg (281.85 KiB) Viewed 9838 times
hi everyone,

it's interesting. of all that veritable flood of emotions and sensations that was besetting Christine earlier, there seems to be only one left on her mind...........her bottom. it makes me wonder if they're gone for good or if some of them will return later. her bottom is starting to sting a lot and she'd "really" like to find the magic words to get Kevin to stop. unfortunately Kevin isn't buying it just yet. not only does he want her to learn something from this spanking but also he actually wants her to be sincere about it. i think he wants her to reach "another level" before he stops. i hope you enjoy it. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Another Level Panel #13

Post by web-ed »

Her body language shows that she's really feeling the sting now (heh heh :twisted: )! Yes, I'm sure that every other thought has been driven from her mind, and if Kevin has the good sense to keep it up, she'll soon be in a much more compliant mood. What is needed here is a complete breaking down of her stubborn resistance, and fortunately Kevin recognizes that fact.

It seems to me, Phil, that what has distinguished Another Level at least up to this point from your previous work is not so much any technical drawing considerations as the emphasis on the psychological aspect of spanking from the woman's point of view - the overcoming of her resistance, as mentioned above, is now the focus of the story. I think this is breaking new ground at least for this type of graphic narrative; the only artist I can think of who has done anything like it up until now has been Dan, with works like Sam Swatt and Captain Woodshed, where the bad girl's spanking is continued until she sincerely repents of her ways. The difference between those cartoons and Another Level is that here the dominant/submissive dynamic is taking place between two lovers rather than between good guy and bad girl.

So here's hoping Christine has the good sense to submit soon and spare herself more pain than necessary, although it won't exactly break by heart if it takes a little more spanking to help her reach that point :D .
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Her body language shows that she's really feeling the sting now (heh heh :twisted: )! Yes, I'm sure that every other thought has been driven from her mind, and if Kevin has the good sense to keep it up, she'll soon be in a much more compliant mood. What is needed here is a complete breaking down of her stubborn resistance, and fortunately Kevin recognizes that fact.
hi web-ed,

good observations and i think Kevin has known what was needed for some time but has been hesitant about getting to it. it's not an easy thing to achieve, especially the first time but once done, it will make things better for both of them.
web-ed wrote:It seems to me, Phil, that what has distinguished Another Level at least up to this point from your previous work is not so much any technical drawing considerations as the emphasis on the psychological aspect of spanking from the woman's point of view - the overcoming of her resistance, as mentioned above, is now the focus of the story.
right again and it has been my focus in doing this story right from the outset. the flood of emotions that accompanies this sort of spanking is what makes it so powerful for both spanker and spankee. Kevin must take Christine to a point where she is intensely submissive for this to have the intended effect.
web-ed wrote:I think this is breaking new ground at least for this type of graphic narrative; the only artist I can think of who has done anything like it up until now has been Dan, with works like Sam Swatt and Captain Woodshed, where the bad girl's spanking is continued until she sincerely repents of her ways. The difference between those cartoons and Another Level is that here the dominant/submissive dynamic is taking place between two lovers rather than between good guy and bad girl.
i was surprised at this comment because i hadn't thought about it breaking new ground . i think i kind of like the idea though :D . i also liked your comparison between this toon and Sam Swatt and Captain Woodshed. Kevin's dominance and Christine's submission has not only emotional but also sexual components because they are married and once he guides Christine to where she needs to be their marriage should be a more loving one. that's not normally a part of the good guy/bad girl scenario although i do seem to remember one of Dan's toons where the spankee is having warm, loving feelings about her spanker after the spanking is over :lol:
web-ed wrote: So here's hoping Christine has the good sense to submit soon and spare herself more pain than necessary, although it won't exactly break by heart if it takes a little more spanking to help her reach that point :D .
:lol: :lol: more spanking coming up. thanks for your comments. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

This is a delightful story! It looks like Christine is learning a valuable lesson... and Kevin is a willing teacher.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:This is a delightful story! It looks like Christine is learning a valuable lesson... and Kevin is a willing teacher.
hi Boom,

i'm glad you're enjoying this one. i too like the stories of a loving spanking between lovers :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

looks like Christine had better tell Kevin what he wants to hear............while she still can
looks like Christine had better tell Kevin what he wants to hear............while she still can
014.jpg (251.91 KiB) Viewed 9786 times
hi everyone,

it looks like words and sentences are beginning to fail Christine as she struggles to tell Kevin what he wants to hear and wouldn't you know it, he still wants more :lol: . i wonder if she can convince him she's learned her lesson before her composure is completely gone. i hope you enjoy it. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I enjoyed the latest instalment of your story. Christine's backside is getting redder by the minute, and she's desperate to tell Kevin what he wants to hear! Until now, my favorite thing you did was Backside Story, (And I'm still hoping that sometime you'll do a sequel with Tommy and Tammy) but now, my new favorite is Another Level!

You've given Christine a very nice, round bottom that would make a tempting target for any man to want to spank... and, besides that, she's done something naughty. We only have vague hints alluding to the exact nature of her transgression... but it seems to have been something she that did behind her husband's back, after they had agreed to do something else... and now she's feeling the consequences of her deceptive behavior. :oops:

You're really good at stories that revolve around a loving couple.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I enjoyed the latest instalment of your story. Christine's backside is getting redder by the minute, and she's desperate to tell Kevin what he wants to hear! Until now, my favorite thing you did was Backside Story, (And I'm still hoping that sometime you'll do a sequel with Tommy and Tammy) but now, my new favorite is Another Level!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you're enjoying the toon :D Christine is indeed getting pretty frantic along about now ;)
hugob00m wrote:You've given Christine a very nice, round bottom that would make a tempting target for any man to want to spank... and, besides that, she's done something naughty. We only have vague hints alluding to the exact nature of her transgression... but it seems to have been something she that did behind her husband's back, after they had agreed to do something else... and now she's feeling the consequences of her deceptive behavior. :oops:
i love those consequences as much as i do that nicely rounded bottom :lol:
hugob00m wrote:You're really good at stories that revolve around a loving couple.
i like that comment :D . i think in cases like this one i have a tendency to do a "romantic" story with spanking included. thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

hugob00m wrote:I enjoyed the latest instalment of your story. Christine's backside is getting redder by the minute, and she's desperate to tell Kevin what he wants to hear! Until now, my favorite thing you did was Backside Story, (And I'm still hoping that sometime you'll do a sequel with Tommy and Tammy) but now, my new favorite is Another Level!

You've given Christine a very nice, round bottom that would make a tempting target for any man to want to spank... and, besides that, she's done something naughty. We only have vague hints alluding to the exact nature of her transgression... but it seems to have been something she that did behind her husband's back, after they had agreed to do something else... and now she's feeling the consequences of her deceptive behavior. :oops:

You're really good at stories that revolve around a loving couple.
Whatever she did behind his bank must surely by now been avenged by what he is doing below her back!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Phil...

Since we are chiming in with our choices for the best Overbarrel story, I thought I would name my own favorite: The unbeatable "One Good Turn."

There is just something so McLintock-ish about that one. Two beautiful females get spanked over a man's knee, a daughter and later her mother. I don't pretend to understand the carnal instincts that respond to such a display, but they are mighty strong.

In "One Good Turn," my erotic genes shift into overdrive when the two girls -- first Jennifer, and later her mom Sara Ann -- get put over Harley's knee and they each get a solid, unflinchingly sound spanking -- IN PUBLIC! -- on their delicious rumps with their dresses pulled up! Jennifer actually receives a sound spanking on the seat of her panties before Harley decides to pull those panties down and deliver a second spanking right on her fleshy globes! Then her mom, Sara Ann, enters the scene and is similarly put over Harley's knee and receives another wicked spanking, this time with the ping-pong paddle, on her naked nates.

Normally, the over-the-knee position excites me because it suggests an illicit closeness of the two parties' genitals. That suggestion won't work here, since Harley is father to one girl and grandfather to another. But the position excites me nevertheless. Maybe there is a secret gene working in my subconscious. Anyway, I thought then -- and I still think -- that "One Good Turn" is the best full spanking story any artist has ever created.

My apologies to b00m, Dave Wolfe, endart, and even to my alter ego Dan Rivera, who has turned out a few spanking stories himself. But Phil "overbarrel's" excellent "One Good Turn" remains, in my humble opinion, the new gold standard of spanking stories.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:
Whatever she did behind his bank must surely by now been avenged by what he is doing below her back!
hi Willjohn,

well said :lol: . i think Christine is certainly getting the idea. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Normally, the over-the-knee position excites me because it suggests an illicit closeness of the two parties' genitals. That suggestion won't work here, since Harley is father to one girl and grandfather to another. But the position excites me nevertheless. Maybe there is a secret gene working in my subconscious. Anyway, I thought then -- and I still think -- that "One Good Turn" is the best full spanking story any artist has ever created.
hi Dan,

i agree with your comment about the "closeness" of the otk position. i've always thought it was just more intimate that the bodies of the spanker and spankee were in physical contact and led to a more intense and powerful spanking emotionally..............and sexually. as you point out, that won't work in this situation though. normally i avoid spankings between parents/grandparents and offspring preferring the more sexually charged spankings between lovers. in this particular case, however, it did seem to work anyway. this story just seemed like a good one from the time Jennifer first told about her grand dad's comments in the tavern.
daneldorado wrote:My apologies to b00m, Dave Wolfe, endart, and even to my alter ego Dan Rivera, who has turned out a few spanking stories himself. But Phil "overbarrel's" excellent "One Good Turn" remains, in my humble opinion, the new gold standard of spanking stories.
as i have mentioned before, i really appreciate your glowing comments about this particular toon. it is high praise indeed. from the list of artists above, i seem to be in "absolutely great" company which i take as the highest praise of all :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Another Level Panel #14

Post by web-ed »

All right - now we're getting somewhere! It looks like Christine's attitude has finally gone "from defiance to compliance". Now is the time for Kevin to lay down any terms he wishes, and she'll just have to accept them! I don't know which pleases me more - Christine's attitude adjustment or her beautifully-shaped red bottom :D !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:All right - now we're getting somewhere! It looks like Christine's attitude has finally gone "from defiance to compliance". Now is the time for Kevin to lay down any terms he wishes, and she'll just have to accept them! I don't know which pleases me more - Christine's attitude adjustment or her beautifully-shaped red bottom :D !
hi web-ed,

her attitude has indeed changed and she doesn't seem the slightest bit worried about her embarrassment at this point :lol: . sorry to leave you with a dilemma as to which pleases you more. i will say that the spanking isn't quite over yet so you'll have a bit more time to try to sort it out :lol: . glad you enjoyed it. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now Kevin is getting somewhere
now Kevin is getting somewhere
015.jpg (256.1 KiB) Viewed 9588 times
hi everyone,

Christine is really frantic to get Kevin to stop spanking but she seems to be having trouble putting this into words :cry: . good thing for her that Kevin seems to understand that she's sincerely sorry now :D i hope you enjoy it. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I enjoyed your latest addition to Another Level, and I think now it's become my favorite story that you've done. (with Backside Story being a very close second!) I hope that after you finish this one that you'll consider including Chris and Kevin in some future story. (perhaps as peripheral characters next time)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Another Level Panel #15

Post by web-ed »

Yes, the "WAAAAAAAAAAAA" is always a good sign :) ! It means the young lady won't be repeating the behavior that led to her spanking any time soon
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Each to his own taste, as the French say ("chacun à son goût")... but in my fevered mind, the very best story that Phil has come up with is "One Good Turn," where a man spanks BOTH his granddaughter and then her mother, his own daughter... and does this, in front of a fairly large audience! There is something extra tantalizing about seeing pretty females having their fannies warmed in front of an appreciative crowd.

You have mentioned "Another Level" and "Backside Story," and while I do respect the work that Phil obviously put into these stories, I tend to like spankings conducted in front of an audience. Not only that, but the additional artwork that he had to put in, to collect all these colorful characters into his panels, is the excellent work of a dedicated artist.

Yes, I realize that in "Backside Story" there was an audience of sorts, but we only saw them in one panel. Most of the time, all we saw were their speech balloons as they watched the spanking from an adjacent room. With the magnificent "One Good Turn," Jennifer and her mother were both spanked in front of about a half dozen friends, and that had to add to their humiliation... big time, I would say.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Yes, the "WAAAAAAAAAAAA" is always a good sign :) ! It means the young lady won't be repeating the behavior that led to her spanking any time soon
hi web-ed,

right you are.................and who knows what other "new" behaviors it might bring forth :D . glad you enjoyed it. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote: There is something extra tantalizing about seeing pretty females having their fannies warmed in front of an appreciative crowd.
hi Dan,

i have to agree with you that there is an "added extra" dimension that an audience gives to a spanking.................for both spanker and spankee :D . as a matter of fact, i think you can get at least part of that feeling doing an outdoor spanking just because there is a "chance" that other folks will see the spanking in progress. in this story i think it would have been inappropriate for it to have taken place in front of others and i do think that this kind of spanking has it's horny appeal too. thanks, phil