In The Family

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

In The Family

Post by overbarrel49 »

hmmmmmm, our girl doesn't seem to be getting the anticipated support of her rash decision from her folks.
hmmmmmm, our girl doesn't seem to be getting the anticipated support of her rash decision from her folks.
001.jpg (295.68 KiB) Viewed 10359 times
hi everyone,

we're starting a new toon today. this is a story about a young couple who attend the same university. they are mid way through their junior year, are living together and engaged to be married when they graduate. as will happen with young people, they seem to be having what should be a minor disagreement about how certain problems have been handled recently. she thinks he handled a problem wrong and so she has handled that problem in a way that he isn't pleased with :lol: . somehow these kinds of things seem familiar to me from days gone by. there have been many times in more recent years that i just didn't understand what i was thinking back in those days. of course, i still don't understand how i got this old either :lol: . in any case, it seems to me that sometimes such things can actually run "In The Family"......................as well as the obvious solutions :D .i hope you enjoy them. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Re: In The Family

Post by overbarrel49 »

if i didn't know better, i'd swear that Carl and Dianne have seen this scenario played out before at some point in time.
if i didn't know better, i'd swear that Carl and Dianne have seen this scenario played out before at some point in time.
002.jpg (299.6 KiB) Viewed 10358 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

it seems our young man doesn't have time for frills and extras like social amenities.............at least not right now.
it seems our young man doesn't have time for frills and extras like social amenities.............at least not right now.
003.jpg (303.96 KiB) Viewed 10358 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

looks like old dad had things all figured out.
looks like old dad had things all figured out.
004.jpg (298.95 KiB) Viewed 10358 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: In The Family 1 - 4

Post by web-ed »

Wow, I can't believe you managed to produce the first four panels of "In the Family" just this past week, Phil! But anyway, our story is off to a good start with the young, headstrong, and totally unreasonable Barbara definitely in need of a good attitude adjustment courtesy of her boyfriend Al. I wonder if she suspects what's going to happen to her about 30 seconds from now? Clearly her parents know - and it would interesting to turn back the clock 24 years and revisit a certain scene between Carl and Dianne during which Dianne received her first spanking! I'll bet she was as headstrong back then as her daughter is today!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Wow, I can't believe you managed to produce the first four panels of "In the Family" just this past week, Phil!
hi web-ed,

actually, i didn't do them all in a week. as time permits i like to try to get a little ahead on a toon I'm working on and had the last pics of the previous toon done a couple weeks before i actually posted them. that gives me extra time to get a new toon started and also helps prevent interruptions when unexpected things come up that keep me from working on any pics. at this time i'm also working on a birthday toon for Dave Wolfe and hoping to get it done before his birthday.
web-ed wrote: But anyway, our story is off to a good start with the young, headstrong, and totally unreasonable Barbara definitely in need of a good attitude adjustment courtesy of her boyfriend Al. I wonder if she suspects what's going to happen to her about 30 seconds from now?

i really don't think she suspects at this point. she seems to think he's just gonna drag her back to school but she'll figure it out pretty quickly as you've already surmised :lol: . Al seems understandably upset and from his ever so brief greeting of Carl and Dianne, I don't think he's planning on delaying this very long :D .
\
web-ed wrote: Clearly her parents know - and it would interesting to turn back the clock 24 years and revisit a certain scene between Carl and Dianne during which Dianne received her first spanking! I'll bet she was as headstrong back then as her daughter is today!
it does bring interesting questions and images to mind, doesn't it? ;) . thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I think Dianne's derriere may be tingling as she remembers the incident Carl spoke of.

Barbara's will shortly catch on fire! :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:I think Dianne's derriere may be tingling as she remembers the incident Carl spoke of.
hi Willjohn,

you may well be right............she does seem to be having vivid memories about it :D . perhaps she is remembering her own bottom catching on fire :lol: . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

SURPRISE!
SURPRISE!
005.jpg (296.85 KiB) Viewed 10247 times
hi everyone,

Looks like it's finally dawned on our unreasonable girl, Barbara, that Al is about to spank her bottom :D . interesting that she didn't know that till right now since her folks were pretty sure of it even before Al arrived :lol: . I'll bet it came as quite a shocking revelation although it doesn't seem to have affected her attitude any. I have a hunch what's going happen next as a result of her stubbornness is likely to be even more shocking.......................at least to a "certain" part of her anatomy ;) . i hope you enjoy the new pics. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

i don't think "daddy" is going to help
i don't think "daddy" is going to help
006.jpg (263.43 KiB) Viewed 10247 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

she just can't believe that first swat
she just can't believe that first swat
007.jpg (279.81 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
hi everyone,

it's one thing to stick to your guns however, you might need to rethink your "position" after your whole premise has been "upended". :lol: i hope you enjoy them. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

so far it seems like a mexican spank off
so far it seems like a mexican spank off
008.jpg (301.51 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
web-ed
Site Admin

In The Family 7 and 8

Post by web-ed »

O.K., things are progressing well, with Alan taking Barbara firmly in hand as her parents watch approvingly: "I'll never change my mind!" Oh yes you will, sweetie! It will be satisfying indeed to observe her attitude slowly changing "from defiance to compliance" as the sting builds up in her bottom :D ! Probably the most interesting part of the "witness" aspect to this scene is Dianne's reaction, a mixture of delight and empathetic reaction to the sting her daughter is feeling, which reminds her of the sting she herself experienced many years ago.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:O.K., things are progressing well, with Alan taking Barbara firmly in hand as her parents watch approvingly: "I'll never change my mind!" Oh yes you will, sweetie! It will be satisfying indeed to observe her attitude slowly changing "from defiance to compliance" as the sting builds up in her bottom :D !
hi web-ed,

i have to agree with you than it "will" be most satisfying to watch her attitude change as the spanking progresses :D . i have a hunch her folks are thinking so too................especially Dad.
web-ed wrote: Probably the most interesting part of the "witness" aspect to this scene is Dianne's reaction, a mixture of delight and empathetic reaction to the sting her daughter is feeling, which reminds her of the sting she herself experienced many years ago.
i'm glad you think so. the reaction of a female witness never seems clear to me. over my years on the spanking internet i have asked many women about this and have gotten a wide range of answers, all of which just left me more puzzled :lol: . this is kind of the way i had it pictured in this situation though so that's what i went with. it's nice to hear that it at least makes some sense to you too. glad you're enjoying the toon. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Very, very good job on the poser art, Phil... and I'm so glad that this time, you are (so far) avoiding certain repellant factors that marred your earlier works.

BTW, I still think your story "One Good Turn" is the best comic strip ever to show up on this site. Something about that one just rang my chimes. Maybe it's that the viewers of those two spankings were, in effect, strangers to the spankees... thus, the humiliation factor soared to olympian heights. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Your new story, about a dude named Alan spanking his fiancée in front of her parents, has a very titillating vibe.

I wonder how old her parents are? They don't look much older than their daughter and her boyfriend.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Your new story, about a dude named Alan spanking his fiancée in front of her parents, has a very titillating vibe.
hi Dan,

this story seemed like a good fantasy to me and i have noticed that many of the viewers from my toon groups like a good spanking that is public in some way. i was checking the membership at the new #6 toon group and it appears to be about 2/3 male and 1/3 female. it seems to me from the comments i get that the men like a public spanking much more than the ladies do so perhaps that explains the popularity of the toons with public spanking in them among my group members.
daneldorado wrote:I wonder how old her parents are? They don't look much older than their daughter and her boyfriend.
Al and Barbara are supposed to be college juniors so i figure they are about 21. since Carl and Dianne were both in college when she ran home to mother i figure they would have been about 22 at graduation and Barbara could have been born a year or 2 after that so i was thinking that her folks are probably in their mid 40s. i did age them with poser but you're right about them not looking too old. Dave Wolfe commented that they looked pretty good for their ages too and figured i did that because that's the way us old timers see ourselves these days :lol: . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Barbara's focus seems to be shifting a bit
Barbara's focus seems to be shifting a bit
009.jpg (271.98 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
hi everyone,

despite her stubborn refusal to change her viewpoint and her generally bad attitude, i think our unreasonable Miss Barbara is starting to weaken a little :D. Al does seem to be making some progress as he explains things to her naughty, little bottom but still..................
i hope you enjoy them. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Seems like everybody has more stuff to discuss
Seems like everybody has more stuff to discuss
010.jpg (286.09 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
solsunbeach

Post by solsunbeach »

I love the way you have got her to wriggle, phil. I look forward to mum and dad getting involved!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

solsunbeach wrote:I love the way you have got her to wriggle, phil. I look forward to mum and dad getting involved!
hi solsunbeach,

i'm glad you like her struggles :D i always thought that a struggling spankee indicates that the spanking was having the desired effect.............not to mention that it seems kinda horny to me too ;) . i'm hoping mom and dad's involvement will be pretty entertaining...............we'll see soon enough. thanks for your comments. phil