An Alternate Proposal

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

An Alternate Proposal

Post by overbarrel49 »

looks like everyone knows what's gonna happen next
looks like everyone knows what's gonna happen next
001.jpg (298.45 KiB) Viewed 13933 times
hi everyone,

well, things seldom go as i have planned and this is no exception. there was a problem with one of the boards on my new computer, which had to be replaced so i still don't have the new computer. in the mean time i have been working on a new toon and i have posted the first 3 pics this morning to get it started :D . in our new story Mark hasn't had much luck Proposing to Natalie so he decides to try "An Alternate Proposal 8-) . i hope you'll enjoy the new story. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Re: An Alternate Proposal

Post by overbarrel49 »

there's the expected proposal............right on schedule............and the resulting turmoil
there's the expected proposal............right on schedule............and the resulting turmoil
002.jpg (294.87 KiB) Viewed 13931 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

well............HERE'S something unexpected
well............HERE'S something unexpected
003.jpg (329.07 KiB) Viewed 13930 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Sorry to hear you've still got computer problems, Phil, but anyway you're off to a good start here with An Alternate Proposal. Natalie's need for sexual submission and her desire for her man to take charge in the bedroom and indeed any time there's a crisis are indeed a basic part of female psychology. Reading her thoughts here brought to my mind the basic problem with F/M, paradoxical as that may sound, namely that women want to give up control, not take control, and so the vast majority of them are very put off by the idea of F/M. However, that's a subject for another day, if I ever get around to writing that treatise on the psychology of spanking.

Fortunately, Mark and Natalie both have the normal desires for their respective sexes, Mark to dominate and Natalie to submit, which leads inevitably to a M/F scene. As worried as Natalie is right now, and as scared as she's going to be once the spanking gets going, I'm sure that after it's finally over she's going to be very glad it happened :) ! She's a good-looking redhead with what appears to be an ample bottom, so I'm going to be glad she gets spanked, also!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Sorry to hear you've still got computer problems, Phil, but anyway you're off to a good start here with An Alternate Proposal. Natalie's need for sexual submission and her desire for her man to take charge in the bedroom and indeed any time there's a crisis are indeed a basic part of female psychology. Reading her thoughts here brought to my mind the basic problem with F/M, paradoxical as that may sound, namely that women want to give up control, not take control, and so the vast majority of them are very put off by the idea of F/M. However, that's a subject for another day, if I ever get around to writing that treatise on the psychology of spanking.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad that you liked the start to the new toon :D . it appears that you and i have very similar opinions about the proper relationship between boyfriend/girlfriend or man/wife ;) . of course, i already knew that :D .
web-ed wrote:Fortunately, Mark and Natalie both have the normal desires for their respective sexes, Mark to dominate and Natalie to submit, which leads inevitably to a M/F scene. As worried as Natalie is right now, and as scared as she's going to be once the spanking gets going, I'm sure that after it's finally over she's going to be very glad it happened :) ! She's a good-looking redhead with what appears to be an ample bottom, so I'm going to be glad she gets spanked, also!
your analysis of all this seems pretty sound to me. now we just have to wait to see just exactly how it all goes down 8-) . hopefully you'll enjoy the trip. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:in our new story Mark hasn't had much luck Proposing to Natalie so he decides to try "An Alternate Proposal . i hope you'll enjoy the new story.
Well, it looks to me like you're off to a good start with this one. I like the way each character is thinking of a lot of stuff that needs to be said, but then when their mouths open, none of it comes out. Obviously, they're in love with each other, and he wants very much to be married to her, but she's being indecisive. She says silently to herself that she wants him to take charge. "Be careful what you wish for!" ;) ;) ;) ;)

The woman in your story is a pretty redhead with nice round hips... And that grabs my attention right away! So far, I've only seen her from the front, but I suspect that when it comes time for her to get her spanking, that there's plenty of her to spank! :D :D :D :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Well, it looks to me like you're off to a good start with this one. I like the way each character is thinking of a lot of stuff that needs to be said, but then when their mouths open, none of it comes out. Obviously, they're in love with each other, and he wants very much to be married to her, but she's being indecisive. She says silently to herself that she wants him to take charge. "Be careful what you wish for!" ;) ;) ;) ;)
hi Boom,

i'm glad you like the start of this new toon :D . i have had only a few replies so far but all of them agree with you that it's off to a good start. the unspoken thoughts they are having seemed pretty plausible to me. relationships have a tendency to be somewhat tentative in the dating stages so this seemed reasonable to me. i have also had comments from viewers stating that this seemed a realistic scenario to them :D . yeeeeees,
" be careful what you wish for indeed" :lol: . in this case, i think Natalie doesn't yet fully appreciate just what "taking charge" entails 8-) .
hugob00m wrote: The woman in your story is a pretty redhead with nice round hips... And that grabs my attention right away! So far, I've only seen her from the front, but I suspect that when it comes time for her to get her spanking, that there's plenty of her to spank! :D :D :D :D
i see both you and web-ed have made the same observations about her red hair and ample bottom :D . you can rest assured that we will be seeing plenty of that bottom as the toon goes on ;) . hopefully you will enjoy this toon even further as we go along. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

instant butterflies for Natalie
instant butterflies for Natalie
004.jpg (292.51 KiB) Viewed 13803 times
hi everyone,

there's just something about that moment when a spanking is announced that really sets the stage for what's to come and gets things rolling :D . there are so many emotions flooding in that it can be pretty overwhelming............even more so if the spankee didn't see it coming 8-) . i hope you enjoy the moment in this new pic. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! I love the moment of anticipation that you've captured in this weeks panel! Natalie's memories of childhood spankings are flooding her mind, and she's understandably apprehensive. Mark is worried too... worried that she'll be so offended by him doing such a thing that she'll break things off for good between them. But the way you've presented the story so far, their relationship is at a standstill and, if Mark can't persuade Natalie to "take it to the next level", he's ready to rick losing her altogether!

It's a bit early to tell, but if things are going like I think they are between these two, this may become my favorite story you've ever done.

This week's installment ends with him ordering her to take her jeans off. Even though, at the moment, she's thinking back to the spankings her Daddy gave her when she was a stubborn teenager... I have a feeling that what Mark has in mind is anything but "fatherly"!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Wow! I love the moment of anticipation that you've captured in this weeks panel! Natalie's memories of childhood spankings are flooding her mind, and she's understandably apprehensive. Mark is worried too... worried that she'll be so offended by him doing such a thing that she'll break things off for good between them. But the way you've presented the story so far, their relationship is at a standstill and, if Mark can't persuade Natalie to "take it to the next level", he's ready to rick losing her altogether!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed this week's pic :D . your analysis is right on the money and i was trying to depict all those emotions as well as the situation they are in so it pleases me that i got that all across. i am planning on spending several pics showing the emotions from the first announcement of the spanking until the time she actually goes OTK before i concentrate on the spanking itself. the way i have it planned right now, she won't actually go OTK until pic #10.
hugob00m wrote:It's a bit early to tell, but if things are going like I think they are between these two, this may become my favorite story you've ever done.
i too think it's too early to do any predictions but i will say this, this is obviously a romantically involved couple and the spanking will have romantic overtones and will be changing their current relationship ;) .
hugob00m wrote:This week's installment ends with him ordering her to take her jeans off. Even though, at the moment, she's thinking back to the spankings her Daddy gave her when she was a stubborn teenager... I have a feeling that what Mark has in mind is anything but "fatherly"!
it is indeed :D thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #4

Post by web-ed »

You know, it's an odd thing about this week's update, Phil, but you have here chronicled the most critical moment in the M/F dynamic - when the female knows she's going to have to submit to the male - and at this point, it's all over but the shouting - er, I mean spanking. Those "butterflies in the stomach" that every woman experiences are based on the fact that when a man acts like a man, a woman knows she's going to submit to him. The submission will be of great value to Natalie even though it appears she hasn't fantasized about being spanked in the past (some people "learn" to get into spanking in adulthood, while others fantasized about it from an early age - an important distinction I'll get into another day). She will be a happier and more complete woman once she learns how to surrender, which she surely will once her bottom gets red enough :) !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:You know, it's an odd thing about this week's update, Phil, but you have here chronicled the most critical moment in the M/F dynamic - when the female knows she's going to have to submit to the male - and at this point, it's all over but the shouting - er, I mean spanking.
hi web-ed,

i found this comment to be particularly pleasing since what you have put into words is exactly what i was trying to depict with this pic :D .
web-ed wrote: Those "butterflies in the stomach" that every woman experiences are based on the fact that when a man acts like a man, a woman knows she's going to submit to him.
i agree although i don't think that Natalie has yet realized that he is doing "exactly" what she was hoping for ;).........probably too busy trying to sort through a flood of emotions such as disbelief, dread and anticipation :lol: .
web-ed wrote:The submission will be of great value to Natalie even though it appears she hasn't fantasized about being spanked in the past (some people "learn" to get into spanking in adulthood, while others fantasized about it from an early age - an important distinction I'll get into another day). She will be a happier and more complete woman once she learns how to surrender, which she surely will once her bottom gets red enough :) !

she does wish to submit to him, at least at times, but hasn't even thought about spanking till right now. i don't think she's actually connected the 2 at this point but i have confidence she will before it's all over 8-) ..........and you're right.......i have no doubt that she will be happier :D ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

hey! it seems our potential spanker, Mark, might be more experienced than was first apparent. he seems to have found a way to ensure Natalie's cooperation :D . as for Natalie, it seems to be the second surprise for her :lol: . perhaps she hasn't yet quite realized just what's going to happen here 8-) . i hope you enjoy it. phil
Attachments
Natalie seems a bit confused
Natalie seems a bit confused
005.jpg (285.04 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

The ultimatum: She either takes off her jeans, or he'll use the paddle... :D :D :D :D Considering the way most of your stories go, I won't be surprised if she takes off her jeans and he still uses the paddle. But even if that happens, I'm hoping I get to see him land a few swats with his hand!

I enjoy reading Natalie's thoughts here. She's dreading it, because of the memory of childhood spankings, but she loves Mark, and has been secretly longing for him to "take charge". Apparently, she never considered that, if he really does take charge, he may require her to do some things she's reluctant to do... and he may do some things she wouldn't approve of... But if he's truly in charge, then he has to make those decisions, not her!

And she thinks that... maybe... he might get her into position and be so distracted by the view that he'll think twice about giving her a serious punishment. Well-l-l-l... I suppose... MAYBE... sometimes that could happen, but I don't think that's what's going to happen this time. Heh heh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping that, in next week's panel, you'll finally show Natalie facing AWAY from the audience, giving us the first glimpse of her curvaceous derriere as she slowly, hesitantly, reluctantly lowers her jeans in preparation for the inevitable "punishment" she's about to get from her longsuffering boyfriend. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Deep down inside, she must know that she's earned what she's about to get! ;) ;) ;) ;)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:The ultimatum: She either takes off her jeans, or he'll use the paddle... :D :D :D :D Considering the way most of your stories go, I won't be surprised if she takes off her jeans and he still uses the paddle. But even if that happens, I'm hoping I get to see him land a few swats with his hand!
hi Boom,

it does seem like a good way for Mark to solicit cooperation from her :D . you seem suspicious that she'll still get paddled even after taking her jeans off........you obviously know my work well :D . there will be hand spanking ;) .
hugob00m wrote: I enjoy reading Natalie's thoughts here. She's dreading it, because of the memory of childhood spankings, but she loves Mark, and has been secretly longing for him to "take charge". Apparently, she never considered that, if he really does take charge, he may require her to do some things she's reluctant to do... and he may do some things she wouldn't approve of... But if he's truly in charge, then he has to make those decisions, not her!
i'm glad you enjoyed her thoughts :D . i put a lot of work in on those and changed every pic several times before i was satisfied with them. i agree with your analysis. i think there are several things she hasn't considered about him taking charge ;) .
hugob00m wrote: And she thinks that... maybe... he might get her into position and be so distracted by the view that he'll think twice about giving her a serious punishment. Well-l-l-l... I suppose... MAYBE... sometimes that could happen, but I don't think that's what's going to happen this time. Heh heh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i think she's just grasping at straws here........that's just the only hope she had :lol: . that could explain why those butterflies are still so active :lol: .
hugob00m wrote:I'm hoping that, in next week's panel, you'll finally show Natalie facing AWAY from the audience, giving us the first glimpse of her curvaceous derriere as she slowly, hesitantly, reluctantly lowers her jeans in preparation for the inevitable "punishment" she's about to get from her longsuffering boyfriend. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Deep down inside, she must know that she's earned what she's about to get! ;) ;) ;) ;)
sorry but it will be a couple more pics before you get a close look at her bottom as i will be concentrating on her expressions for a while yet. fear not though, you will plenty of looks at her enticing bottom before we're done :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #5

Post by web-ed »

I love the ultimatum here ("take off your jeans or I use the paddle!"), and it is a basic fact of spanking life that the Top must be prepared to meet and overcome the resistance of his Sub, for women sometimes try to resist even though more often they're ready to be told what to do and to obey. Threats of a more severe implement (like the paddle here) or extra "penalty swats" are two ways of getting compliance, as are taking her by the ear (I had to do this once) or arm to bring her to the side of the chair you're going to spank her in. As well done as it is by Mark, I think Natalie's miscalculation is more interesting: she's trying to make herself believe that he's going to get so distracted by the sight of her bottom that he'll forget about spanking, not realizing that when a girl's fanny is turned up over a fellow's knee, providing a most tempting target, he's just got to think about spanking her :D !

She must not fully believe it, though, for the visual emphasis in this panel is on her expression, which is one of extreme trepidation. I could tell even without seeing your response to B00m that this was where most of your effort went.

Your Overbarrel signature has been all over the audio equipment - this time, it's on what I believe to be some sort of gaming station. I'm not sure because believe it or not, I've never played any video games on my computer! It's just work, work, work, search for more spankings, etc. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I love the ultimatum here ("take off your jeans or I use the paddle!"), and it is a basic fact of spanking life that the Top must be prepared to meet and overcome the resistance of his Sub, for women sometimes try to resist even though more often they're ready to be told what to do and to obey. Threats of a more severe implement (like the paddle here) or extra "penalty swats" are two ways of getting compliance, as are taking her by the ear (I had to do this once) or arm to bring her to the side of the chair you're going to spank her in. As well done as it is by Mark, I think Natalie's miscalculation is more interesting: she's trying to make herself believe that he's going to get so distracted by the sight of her bottom that he'll forget about spanking, not realizing that when a girl's fanny is turned up over a fellow's knee, providing a most tempting target, he's just got to think about spanking her :D !
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you like my solution as to how to ensure cooperation from a naughty girl :D . that's one that i took from my own past 8-) . i agree 100% that women will sometimes resist and protest even if a spanking is what they were going for all along. after all, they wouldn't want the spanker, or anyone else, to know that they actually "want" a spanking ;) . interesting that you mentioned penalty swats as threats of those will be coming up in coming pics ;) . i think you're right about her "trying to make herself believe" he will get distracted. actually, i think she's just so inundated and out of control by all of this, that's all she could think of. she should have talked to you about this first :lol: .
web-ed wrote:She must not fully believe it, though, for the visual emphasis in this panel is on her expression, which is one of extreme trepidation. I could tell even without seeing your response to B00m that this was where most of your effort went.
yep! that's way those butterflies have gotten frantic :lol: thanks for the comment about her expression too. it did make me grin :D .
web-ed wrote:Your Overbarrel signature has been all over the audio equipment - this time, it's on what I believe to be some sort of gaming station. I'm not sure because believe it or not, I've never played any video games on my computer! It's just work, work, work, search for more spankings, etc. :)
i took that to be a gaming console too and i think the place i put the logo was the game cartridge sticking out, which seemed like a appropriate place to put it. i too have little experience with video games so i'm kind of guessing here but my kids did have them so i know a little. it's always difficult to find new places to put the logo when the whole thing takes place in one room. i'm glad you took time off from your search for new spankings to check out my latest effort :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Phil... Your "An Alternate Proposal" story mystified me for a while, because it looked to me as if you were dragging it out too long, without ever getting to a spanking panel. The latest panel is no. 005, and still we have seen no "action." But your post of this afternoon kind of redeems the slow pace of the story by delving a bit into the psychology lesson we are all getting, here... along with Natalie.

As a veteran of many spanking wars myself, I can attest to the truths revealed here in your narrative. Yes, it is a basic fact of spanking life that the Top must be prepared to meet and overcome the resistance of his Sub, for women sometimes try to resist even though more often they're ready to be told what to do and to obey.

I'll echo Web-ed's comment that Natalie must not fully believe her man would actually spank her though, for the visual emphasis in your panel 005 is on her expression, which is one of extreme trepidation. Your efforts to describe and explain this dynamic must strike a chord with every experienced spanko that reads it.

You are doing a fine job of building up to what I suspect will be a brilliant climax, even though it is taking you a while to get there. But there is more maturity and depth in "An Alternate Proposal" than we are used to seeing... at least so far. Please, Phil, contiinue your story in this mode. There is a psychological side to spanking, not just spanks delivered randomly and without thought.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Hi Phil... Your "An Alternate Proposal" story mystified me for a while, because it looked to me as if you were dragging it out too long, without ever getting to a spanking panel. The latest panel is no. 005, and still we have seen no "action." But your post of this afternoon kind of redeems the slow pace of the story by delving a bit into the psychology lesson we are all getting, here... along with Natalie.
hi Dan,

i can understand your mystification. this is a departure from my usual pattern of hurrying through the opening scenes, using just enough to set the stage for the spanking. i have been thinking that perhaps i was missing the boat by doing this since the announcement and the subsequent discussion before the spanking starts is emotionally very powerful and sets the tone for the spanking. this situation seemed to me to be a good time to get aboard that boat.
daneldorado wrote: As a veteran of many spanking wars myself, I can attest to the truths revealed here in your narrative. Yes, it is a basic fact of spanking life that the Top must be prepared to meet and overcome the resistance of his Sub, for women sometimes try to resist even though more often they're ready to be told what to do and to obey.
you are quite right. this is also in my experience, which is why i have included it here. sometimes just the presence of a paddle is enough to ensure cooperation from the spankee even though it's in her nature to protest and resist ;) .
daneldorado wrote: I'll echo Web-ed's comment that Natalie must not fully believe her man would actually spank her though, for the visual emphasis in your panel 005 is on her expression, which is one of extreme trepidation. Your efforts to describe and explain this dynamic must strike a chord with every experienced spanko that reads it.
right again! she does not fully understand.........or believe yet..........but she will gain that understanding as we go along 8-) . i was hoping that this "drawn out" process would indeed strike a chord with spankers and spankees alike but was uncertain how it would be received. so far the response from both sides of the battle of the sexes has been favorable so i assumed that such chords had been struck. you are the first one to come right out and say this, however, and i took a certain amount of satisfaction from your comment :D .
daneldorado wrote: You are doing a fine job of building up to what I suspect will be a brilliant climax, even though it is taking you a while to get there. But there is more maturity and depth in "An Alternate Proposal" than we are used to seeing... at least so far. Please, Phil, contiinue your story in this mode. There is a psychological side to spanking, not just spanks delivered randomly and without thought.

Cheers,
Dan
i enjoyed your comment about "a psychological side" because that was exactly what i was hoping to be able to depict :D .......and i will be continuing in this manner for some time. as a matter of fact, it will be pic #10 before she goes OTK and we get on with the spanking.............and rest assured, there will be a PLENTY spanking in this one 8-) . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:i enjoyed your comment about "a psychological side" because that was exactly what i was hoping to be able to depict .......and i will be continuing in this manner for some time. as a matter of fact, it will be pic #10 before she goes OTK and we get on with the spanking.............and rest assured, there will be a PLENTY spanking in this one.
If it takes a little longer than usual to lead up to the spanking, I'm fine with that. Your stoytelling ability is part of what makes your art come to life. Do we still call it a comic strip when it's "drawn" using poser software? Graphic Novel? Whatever label we put on it, the medium you use is uniquely suited to giving us the story in both pictoral and written form. A book is better by far than a movie when it comes to expressing the thoughts of the characters. In a movie, we have to either interpret their thoughts by their words and actions, or listen to a lot of narration that tends to interfere with the action. With "comic" art, what is best said with an image is there for us to see, and what needs to be put into words is there in those little clouds!

And if anyone criticizes you for taking too long to get on with the spanking part. it sure won't be me! I've done a few long stories myself!