An Alternate Proposal

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: An Alternate Proposal

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie should have been careful what she wished for
Natalie should have been careful what she wished for
029.jpg (259.1 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Natalie got her way...............Mark quit tapping and swatted her sore bottom with that paddle 8-) . Well, at least now she doesn't have to wonder how it's going to feel :lol:. i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:it looks like Natalie got her way...............Mark quit tapping and swatted her sore bottom with that paddle . Well, at least now she doesn't have to wonder how it's going to feel
hi Phil!

yes indeed, be careful what you wish for. I would stand all day and get tapped by the paddle. they are distracting but at least they don't sting! the first swat is indeed the worst one ever. you can imagine all you want what it feels like, but then it lands and it stings more than you thought it would. after that the anxiety is still there because you KNOW what it feels like. the first swat was a shock, but not a totally unpleasant one, somehow. there is that love/hate relationship again.

and it is embarrassing to count them and call your spanker sir also. I would rather not count, and I definitely do not want to address him as sir. but I did both because I had to. and 15 doesn't seem like a high number and it's not, unless you remember you are getting them on a already well spanked bottom. then, especially if they are administered slow, seems like they will never end. and you are just sure you cannot take another one. but you do, and try to remember to stay in position, to count, to call him sir. it all adds to the anxiety, trust me. but it gets easier as you go along. not the sting or the embarrassment or anxiety, just the remembering what you are supposed to do.

so again Phil, good job! I can put myself in your toon. thanks for your hard work and sharing it with us. I imagine soon this will depart from my experiences and take a romantic turn. I am waiting for that also!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil!

yes indeed, be careful what you wish for. I would stand all day and get tapped by the paddle. they are distracting but at least they don't sting! the first swat is indeed the worst one ever. you can imagine all you want what it feels like, but then it lands and it stings more than you thought it would. after that the anxiety is still there because you KNOW what it feels like. the first swat was a shock, but not a totally unpleasant one, somehow. there is that love/hate relationship again.
hi Sunflower,

i see it didn't take you long to figure out to be careful what you wish for :lol: . i see you've also figured out that love/hate business with spanking too...............interesting how it works that way 8-) . i think waiting for that first swat just increases the intensity when it finally arrives 8-) and it engages the brain as well as the bottom of the spankee :D.......... and it increases that intensity.................which is what spanking is all about ;) .
sunflower309 wrote: and it is embarrassing to count them and call your spanker sir also. I would rather not count, and I definitely do not want to address him as sir. but I did both because I had to. and 15 doesn't seem like a high number and it's not, unless you remember you are getting them on a already well spanked bottom. then, especially if they are administered slow, seems like they will never end. and you are just sure you cannot take another one. but you do, and try to remember to stay in position, to count, to call him sir. it all adds to the anxiety, trust me. but it gets easier as you go along. not the sting or the embarrassment or anxiety, just the remembering what you are supposed to do.

there's that embarrassment again...............also part of the intensity and therefore part of the satisfaction of the spanking. i think it's nice of your spanker to administer your penalty swats slowly................so that you have time to reflect on each one...............and let that anxiety and intensity build between swats 8-) it may seem like they will never end................at least at the time but i'm betting your satisfaction lasts longer after the spanking too :D .
sunflower309 wrote: so again Phil, good job! I can put myself in your toon. thanks for your hard work and sharing it with us. I imagine soon this will depart from my experiences and take a romantic turn. I am waiting for that also!

sunflower

i'm really glad this pic made a connection with you...............it always pleases me when one of my pics makes such a connection :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #29

Post by web-ed »

This one was a lot of fun to look at! Apparently, Natalie found penalty swat #1 to be quite an eye-opening experience! And I enjoyed hearing her say "Sir" - it's good to remind the submissive of who's in charge every now and then, and that's one way of doing it.

Now, Sunflower mentioned that she didn't like counting or having to say "sir," and we should note that spankees vary quite a bit when it comes to this. As a matter of fact, there is a particular reason for these little variations and preferences that we see even when we confine ourselves to some subset of spanking like paddling, and it's not just a "different strokes for different folks" kind of thing. As it happens, these variations are actually the result of the different ways that different spankees are seeking one particular thing, and I'm going to reveal what that something is in a few months.

Anyway, it will be good for Mark and Natalie's relationship that she be forced to call him "sir" fourteen more times (heh-heh! :D ). I can hardly wait to "hear" her say it - and all those "Ouch!"'s also!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:This one was a lot of fun to look at! Apparently, Natalie found penalty swat #1 to be quite an eye-opening experience! And I enjoyed hearing her say "Sir" - it's good to remind the submissive of who's in charge every now and then, and that's one way of doing it.
hi web-ed,

Natalie did indeed find it eye opening :lol: . i'm glad you enjoyed the pic and the reminder :D .
web-ed wrote:Now, Sunflower mentioned that she didn't like counting or having to say "sir," and we should note that spankees vary quite a bit when it comes to this. As a matter of fact, there is a particular reason for these little variations and preferences that we see even when we confine ourselves to some subset of spanking like paddling, and it's not just a "different strokes for different folks" kind of thing. As it happens, these variations are actually the result of the different ways that different spankees are seeking one particular thing, and I'm going to reveal what that something is in a few months.
this sounds to me like it will prove to be interesting and i'll be looking forward to hearing your take on all this :D .
web-ed wrote:Anyway, it will be good for Mark and Natalie's relationship that she be forced to call him "sir" fourteen more times (heh-heh! :D ). I can hardly wait to "hear" her say it - and all those "Ouch!"'s also!
more sirs and ows and ouches coming up...................as well as other things of interest 8-) . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil wrote:

more sirs and ows and ouches coming up...................as well as other things of interest.

That's great, Phil. I can hardly wait.

With the arrival of the first swat from Mark's paddle, Natalie is beginning to realize that he means business... as if all those other swats from his strong right hand meant nothing, right? :D But this is their third anniversary as a couple, so it's only natural that he would want to speed things up.

Natalie is only now feeling the ardor that Mark has lived with for the past three years. Only HIS ardor was in his heart. Now, HER ardor will be flaming on her bottom!

At the start of their evening, Mark had said:

"Now I'm gonna get rid of those frustrations by taking them out on your bare bottom! You've been a very naughty girl and I'm gonna give your bottom the blistering your frustrating, stubborn behavior has earned you!"

Guess he's doing that, now. :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:With the arrival of the first swat from Mark's paddle, Natalie is beginning to realize that he means business... as if all those other swats from his strong right hand meant nothing, right? :D But this is their third anniversary as a couple, so it's only natural that he would want to speed things up.

Natalie is only now feeling the ardor that Mark has lived with for the past three years. Only HIS ardor was in his heart. Now, HER ardor will be flaming on her bottom!

At the start of their evening, Mark had said:

"Now I'm gonna get rid of those frustrations by taking them out on your bare bottom! You've been a very naughty girl and I'm gonna give your bottom the blistering your frustrating, stubborn behavior has earned you!"

Guess he's doing that, now. :lol:
hi Dan,

i think Mark did a great job, not only for Natalie but also for himself with his hand spanking. as you mentioned, he was planning on getting rid of his frustrations and i think he did shed many of them during that enthusiastic hand spanking. however, he waited a long time to make his point and i think these penalty swats should make sure he finishes the job. as you said, guess he's doing that now :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie's bottom is looking pretty red
Natalie's bottom is looking pretty red
030.jpg (267.25 KiB) Viewed 6155 times
hi everyone,

Mark seems to be trying to be helpful to Natalie but somehow she doesn't seem appreciative :o ??? as a matter of fact, she seems down right suspicious :lol: . i hope you enjoy it. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:Mark seems to be trying to be helpful to Natalie but somehow she doesn't seem appreciative??? as a matter of fact, she seems down right suspicious
Yeah! I wonder why? Heh heh! :D :D :D :D I think maybe she's right. I bet he is going to find a reason to give her even more swats! I certainly would if I were in Mark's place! Well... actually, I'd be looking for an EXCUSE because the real reason would be that she has such a perfect target! There are some women who should be spanked whether they deserve it or not! Fortunately for Mark... I think Natalie is going to provide him with some kind of naughtiness that will justify those extra penalty swats he's already planning to give her. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And speaking of the REAL reason for wanting to spank Natalie... I like your angle this week! Her cute red bottom is very much on display! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Yeah! I wonder why? Heh heh! :D :D :D :D I think maybe she's right. I bet he is going to find a reason to give her even more swats! I certainly would if I were in Mark's place! Well... actually, I'd be looking for an EXCUSE because the real reason would be that she has such a perfect target! There are some women who should be spanked whether they deserve it or not! Fortunately for Mark... I think Natalie is going to provide him with some kind of naughtiness that will justify those extra penalty swats he's already planning to give her. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hi Boom,

well, i know i would find reasons for more swats 8-) . of course, an excuse would be fine too............especially in the case of a perfect target :lol: . Natalie does seem like the kind of girlfriend who will provide him with plenty of opportunities to spank her bottom and i know i wouldn't ever want to stop a spanking too soon :D .
hugob00m wrote:And speaking of the REAL reason for wanting to spank Natalie... I like your angle this week! Her cute red bottom is very much on display! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . to be honest, i liked this view too. thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:Mark seems to be trying to be helpful to Natalie but somehow she doesn't seem appreciative ??? as a matter of fact, she seems down right suspicious
hi Phil,

in my short experience, a spanker it never helpful to a spankee. I would be suspicious also. penalties seem too easy to come by. more easy than avoiding them. after all when you are in a position to be checking out the floor (my spanker has very nice hardwood floors) and your bottom is waving in the air it is very easy to forget to do what you're supposed to do (like call him "sir") or do something that you're not supposed to do. everything about a spanking is for the spankers advantage, in my opinion. which isn't really a bad thing for the spankee, except for the red, sore bottom. there is that love/hate relationship again. I like the before anticipation, and the results after, but not so much during. the penalty swats are the worst (best), I don't pick my leg up but I do try and shuffle forward a little after each swat, like I can get away from that damn paddle! and you spankers are good at finding new excuses for our penalty swats, so there is no chance of escaping them. again Phil, you nailed this one (LOL) and this could indeed still be me. after seeing this toon I thought back to my first penalty swats. I will never look forward with anticipation to getting swats, but I will remember them (maybe fondly isn't the right word, but it's close) and the first ones were my most intense emotionally. like Natalie I think I was a fast learner. and still suspicious! thanks Phil for a great toon!!

sunflower
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

web-ed wrote:Now, Sunflower mentioned that she didn't like counting or having to say "sir," and we should note that spankees vary quite a bit when it comes to this
hi web-ed,

yes, these are not my favorite, but I do what I have to do.is the purpose of this, from a spankers standpoint, to show his domination over the spankee? I believe it is. of course until my spanking is finished I have no doubt that I am being dominated, but I guess this is just one way to call attention to that. one of the many ways. if I was not being submissive I would probably count, but not call him "sir". what would you do in that situation? if your spankees don't call you sir during the penalty swats? just wondering, even though every top is different, just as a lot of submissives are different. yet, strangely alike also.

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

sunflower309 wrote:
web-ed wrote:Now, Sunflower mentioned that she didn't like counting or having to say "sir," and we should note that spankees vary quite a bit when it comes to this
hi web-ed,

yes, these are not my favorite, but I do what I have to do.is the purpose of this, from a spankers standpoint, to show his domination over the spankee? I believe it is. of course until my spanking is finished I have no doubt that I am being dominated, but I guess this is just one way to call attention to that. one of the many ways. if I was not being submissive I would probably count, but not call him "sir". what would you do in that situation? if your spankees don't call you sir during the penalty swats? just wondering, even though every top is different, just as a lot of submissives are different. yet, strangely alike also.

sunflower
Interestingly enough, counting and addressing the spanker as "sir" are two different, although not entirely unrelated, things. I generally require the spankee to address me as "sir" during the entire session, especially if it's a disciplinary session, and the purpose of this is to emphasize my superior position and make her feel more submissive, which it does very effectively. I don't always make the spankee count swats, although I generally do for the penalty swats since I want to set them apart in some way in the spankee's mind. If a spankee hates counting, I don't make her do it too much, but I reserve the right to make her count out a small number. If the spankee loves counting, I will always make her count some of the swats, penalty or no.

The purpose of counting, generally speaking, is to increase the spankee's humiliation - and there's an important clue there, for as you say, "a lot of submissives are different. yet, strangely alike also". I'm finally writing my series of articles on the whys of spanking, and in one of them I'll explain exactly how submissives are alike and why some of them like counting and some do not even though they're all seeking basically the same thing. Let us say only here that some Subs find counting annoying but not humiliating.

You ask what would I do if the spankee failed to address me as "sir" during the penalty swats? [Sunflower is referring here to the situation in which the spankee must count "One, sir" "Two, sir" or "One, thank you, sir" "Two, thank you, sir".] That's easy - if she doesn't count the swats as instructed, then they don't count, period! I correct her immediately, since I truly don't intend to give her more penalty swats than absolutely necessary, on the assumption that she's made an honest mistake. So if she didn't count the first swat properly, she will get just that swat over again. Faced with the possibility of an endless supply of swats if she doesn't do as instructed, the sub will quickly realize it is to her advantage to do as she's told!

Finally, counting may be used for "regular" swats also: I mentioned above that for those spankees who really love counting, I will make a point of requiring her to do this for some of the swats (note that subs love to be told to do what they secretly want to do - another psychological point of some significance). Sometimes I will count some of her swats if I have the idea that a particular sub will find that more humiliating - it's a way of "rubbing it in" (the fact that she's getting a paddling). I don't do counting all the way through a session as it can become boring if relied on too much, and I like to give lots of swats!

Now as to Phil's latest, panel #30 - we can't escape the subject of penalty swats, since that's what's going on here, and like B00m I love the view in this one (I would think all Tops do :lol: ). Poor Natalie - still 8 more swats to go! I really do feel sorry for her, but Top that I am, I also want to see her get her 8 more swats :) (More spanking psychology here - male Tops are less conflicted than female Subs, but I think a good Top must always blend compassion in with "sadism", here used loosely to mean the desire to administer an effective spanking).
-- Web-Ed
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

web-ed wrote:The purpose of counting, generally speaking, is to increase the spankee's humiliation
I guess that is why I don't like counting. that combined with the sir, and especially thanking "sir" for my swat, is very humiliating. when he counts it's almost as bad. i'm thinking as I gain more spanking experience it is harder for me to be submissive. I want to have some kind of control over something. my first few spankings it was very easy to be submissive. I had thought of situations where I would rebel, but could not bring myself to do it. now the urge is getting stronger. I know, in the back of my mind, that not being submissive will not bode well for my bottom. I believe my top will not put up with any transgressions on my part, but it is getting oh so difficult. I don't know if with any kind of persistence I can have a little control. even if it's not counting penalty swats, or calling him sir, or something. sometimes when given an order I say "no" but then quickly give in. I don't want to do that anymore. willingly. I guess I wil see how much nerve I have, and how dominant my top is. like Natalie, I made my spankings too easy. but the first time, not knowing what to expect she did the right thing! see what you started Phil? LOL

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil,

in my short experience, a spanker it never helpful to a spankee. I would be suspicious also. penalties seem too easy to come by. more easy than avoiding them. after all when you are in a position to be checking out the floor (my spanker has very nice hardwood floors) and your bottom is waving in the air it is very easy to forget to do what you're supposed to do (like call him "sir") or do something that you're not supposed to do. everything about a spanking is for the spankers advantage, in my opinion. which isn't really a bad thing for the spankee, except for the red, sore bottom. there is that love/hate relationship again. I like the before anticipation, and the results after, but not so much during. the penalty swats are the worst (best), I don't pick my leg up but I do try and shuffle forward a little after each swat, like I can get away from that damn paddle! and you spankers are good at finding new excuses for our penalty swats, so there is no chance of escaping them. again Phil, you nailed this one (LOL) and this could indeed still be me. after seeing this toon I thought back to my first penalty swats. I will never look forward with anticipation to getting swats, but I will remember them (maybe fondly isn't the right word, but it's close) and the first ones were my most intense emotionally. like Natalie I think I was a fast learner. and still suspicious! thanks Phil for a great toon!!

sunflower
hi sunflower,

you and Natalie seem to be in agreement here..................typical spankee attitude if you ask me :lol: . i appreciate it so much that you are willing to share your thoughts and feelings with us as you progress through the process of getting into adult spanking :D . it's almost like we are there with you and it gives us a perspective that spankers especially seldom get :D . i'm also glad you enjoyed the pic, that you thought i nailed this scenario and that it made a connection with you :D . i don't mind telling everyone that i have been picking Sunflower's brain during this part of the toon and that she has shared her experiences with me and looked at each pic during the penalty swats to give me input. i'll also mention that i have looked at the articles that web-ed has posted for us about paddling and correct positions and such so both those and Sunflower's comments have been really helpful to me :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Now as to Phil's latest, panel #30 - we can't escape the subject of penalty swats, since that's what's going on here, and like B00m I love the view in this one (I would think all Tops do :lol: ). Poor Natalie - still 8 more swats to go! I really do feel sorry for her, but Top that I am, I also want to see her get her 8 more swats :) (More spanking psychology here - male Tops are less conflicted than female Subs, but I think a good Top must always blend compassion in with "sadism", here used loosely to mean the desire to administer an effective spanking).
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you liked the view on this one.............i have to admit it's one of my favorites too :D . i liked your comments about compassion and the desire to administer to deliver and effective spanking. i have to point out, though, that delivering that effective spanking also adds a lot to the satisfaction the spankee feels at the end of the spanking 8-) .
sunflower309 wrote:see what you started Phil? LOL
Sunflower, i do see what i started and i'm glad i did as i have enjoyed the exchange between you and web-ed showing the differing attitudes between spanker and spankee :D . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote: i don't mind telling everyone that i have been picking Sunflower's brain during this part of the toon and that she has shared her experiences with me and looked at each pic during the penalty swats to give me input.
Hi Phil,

I enjoyed reliving my first penalty swats and helping you out. I guess that's why I identify so closely with this toon, at least where the penalty swats are concerned! i'm always here if you ever need anything else.
overbarrel49 wrote:Sunflower, i do see what i started and i'm glad i did as i have enjoyed the exchange between you and web-ed showing the differing attitudes between spanker and spankee . thanks, phil

sunflower309 wrote:see what you started Phil? LOL
Sunflower, i do see what i started and i'm glad i did as i have enjoyed the exchange between you and web-ed showing the differing attitudes between spanker and spankee :D . thanks, phil

and as always I think the spankee comes out on the short end! web-ed has so much more experience and knowledge than me. I think i have learned enough to know that the spanker is always right, and what the spankee wants is of no consequence, at least once the spanking starts. and on here i seem to be the only spankee against all you spankers.......not good odds! but fun for everyone. :oops:

sunflower

overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

WHAT!?!?
WHAT!?!?
031.jpg (277.67 KiB) Viewed 7588 times
hi everyone,

OOPS! it looks like Natalie forgot something and she seems to be having a bit of trouble believing the results :o . i hope you all enjoy it. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Spankees can vary widely in their choices. I've met some that would be all soft and flirty and would practically invite you to spank them. And I have met the other kind, the ones that you start to spank, when suddenly she makes you stop and demands to know: "WHAT are you doing?" Meaning, of course, that she didn't want a hard spanking.

Obviously, this puts the spanker on the spot, because we cannot read minds.

But once, I came across a spankee who was slender in all the right places, a little taller than I, and she was the most beautiful spankee I had ever met... a real winner. But I spoke with a dude who had ALREADY spanked her, and he warned me;

"Dan, you've got to go easy on this one. She doesn't like to get spanked."

That made me wonder, what in the hell is she doing, working as a submissive, in a spanking parlor? So I hatched a plan.

I said to the girl -- BTW, her name was Angel -- "Tell you what. Let me spank you, my way... for exactly ONE HUNDRED swats. After that, I won't bother you any more."

Long story short: She agreed, and so I put her over my knee and I spanked her HARD, as she counted the swats. My buddy, the guy who had warned me that she doesn't like to be spanked, watched in awe but said nothing. As we reached the final swat -- No. 100 -- I gave her that 100th swat, stopped and told her: "Okay, your ordeal is over." Angel got up and gave me a kiss. We never again spoke about that spanking.

What this tells me -- Sunflower, please correct me if you think I am wrong -- is that if a spankee is somewhat reluctant to be spanked, you can always try to temper her unease by setting a limit on the number of spanks, or on the pain level that she finds appropriate.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #31

Post by web-ed »

Wow - is that the setting sun in shades of pink and red? Oh no wait, it's Natalie's ____! Lovely work :) And she forgot to count the swat, which means she gets it again - ouch! :D I think the first time this happens to a spankee, she's horrified just as Natalie is here, but they get over it eventually. I think you've captured the moment accurately.

So we have, I think, two panels left, enough for the final swat, which should be a good one in every sense :lol: and an after-the-spanking panel in which the couple's problems are over and it's time for some love-making - if as I think you post this one on 2/28 it will help bring Romantic Spanking Month to a very satisfying conclusion (in more ways than one :lol: ).
-- Web-Ed