An Alternate Proposal

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
sunflower309

Re: An Alternate Proposal

Post by sunflower309 »

daneldorado wrote:What this tells me -- Sunflower, please correct me if you think I am wrong -- is that if a spankee is somewhat reluctant to be spanked, you can always try to temper her unease by setting a limit on the number of spanks, or on the pain level that she finds appropriate.
Hi Dan,

you are not wrong. I am never reluctant to be spanked (even though when I am getting spanked it hurts and I wonder why I asked for it!) but I always know what to expect as far as my swats are concerned. I am told how many are coming and I either count them (I find that embarrassing) or he does (almost as embarrassing) when I am OTK there are no set amount of spanks but he seems to know when I have had enough. even though I protest that my spankings hurt (and they do! trust me) they are never alarming to me. they are well within my tolerance level. I have received some swats that were pretty stingy, more than I thought they would be, but stuff happens! so yes, if limits are set before a spanking, us spankees are more comfortable with that. you seem to be a very considerate spanker Dan. a no nonsense spanker, but considerate. that is important.
web-ed wrote:And she forgot to count the swat, which means she gets it again - ouch! I think the first time this happens to a spankee, she's horrified just as Natalie is here, but they get over it eventually. I think you've captured the moment accurately.
it is indeed horrifying, and believe me, it will only happen once. because no pleading will stop it from being repeated. I have lost count once, because let's face it, with the sting going on in my bottom, it's hard to remember where the count is. but thank goodness, I recovered and continued to count. I don't know what would have happened if I got the count wrong. I don't even want to think about it! and yes, we get over it eventually! but no extra swats are needed, thank you very much!

sunflower
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

it's easy to forget to count.......once. because yes, if you don't count, the spanker assumes you didn't feel it (yeah, right!) it just so happens that maybe that one was harder then the others. sometimes I get a "good one" that stings more. when you're whole being is focused on the fire in your bottom it is easy to forget! but again, no more swats necessary, so that helps the memory.

sunflower
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Mmmm! I love it! She forgot to count a swat! My question is: does she just get that one over again, or does he have to start ALL OVER with NUMBER ONE? I can hardly wait 'til next week so I can find out! (Her bottom is looking pretty red already! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I bet she's hoping he won't start all over... but then... she seems to be panicking at the thought of getting just that one a second time!)

Meanwhile, I'm loving the view of her cute round backside pointing up at the audience! :D :D :D :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Wow - is that the setting sun in shades of pink and red? Oh no wait, it's Natalie's ____! Lovely work :) And she forgot to count the swat, which means she gets it again - ouch! :D I think the first time this happens to a spankee, she's horrified just as Natalie is here, but they get over it eventually. I think you've captured the moment accurately.
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view in this one :D ...............there's nothing wrong with a little ambient "glow" in a situation like this one :lol: . i was hoping you'd have a comment about that first missed count since i know you've given many penalty swats in your day. i was particularly gratified that you thought Natalie's reaction was an accurate one and that i did indeed capture the moment :D .
web-ed wrote: So we have, I think, two panels left, enough for the final swat, which should be a good one in every sense :lol: and an after-the-spanking panel in which the couple's problems are over and it's time for some love-making - if as I think you post this one on 2/28 it will help bring Romantic Spanking Month to a very satisfying conclusion (in more ways than one :lol: ).
i can tell from the "thoughtful" nature of the comments you always make, that you are paying a lot of attention to my pics and toons ;) :D . you almost always have things figured out and i don't mind being somewhat predictable. in this case you are partly right. there are actually 4 pics left but the ending will indeed come on the 28th. i have one for next week and then will post the final 3 pics to wrap it up on the 28th so i will be adding to conclusion of Romantic Spanking Month :D . however, i may still have some surprises in store for the ending of this one..........we'll see 8-) . i mentioned when i posted this one that there was a similarity to Boom's Valentine Katie strip. upon further review, i have discovered a second similarity and i will mention those when i post the final pics. thanks for your comments :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:it's easy to forget to count.......once. because yes, if you don't count, the spanker assumes you didn't feel it (yeah, right!) it just so happens that maybe that one was harder then the others. sometimes I get a "good one" that stings more. when you're whole being is focused on the fire in your bottom it is easy to forget! but again, no more swats necessary, so that helps the memory.

sunflower
hi Sunflower,

you seem skeptical that the spanker really does assume you missed that swat you forgot to count :lol: .hmmmmm, i wonder just why your spanker feels the need to give you those "good ones"........................perhaps you did something to make him think that 8-) btw, you aren't the only spankee to make that comment about it being easy to forget because you're concentrating on what's happening to your bottom :lol: i'm glad you connected with this pic :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Mmmm! I love it! She forgot to count a swat! My question is: does she just get that one over again, or does he have to start ALL OVER with NUMBER ONE? I can hardly wait 'til next week so I can find out! (Her bottom is looking pretty red already! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I bet she's hoping he won't start all over... but then... she seems to be panicking at the thought of getting just that one a second time!)
hi Boom,

yeah, i love it too :lol: i have to give credit to Sunflower here who was kind enough to tell me a short story about the first penalty swat that she forgot to count ;) that's how i was able to "capture" this moment so well as web-ed commented :D . fyi, Mark wouldn't be mean enough to totally start over but Natalie WILL be getting that forgotten swat over again and she won't be enjoying it :lol:. Natalie does seem to be panicking a bit here..............kind of makes me think that paddle is really stinging her bare bottom :lol: .
hugob00m wrote:Meanwhile, I'm loving the view of her cute round backside pointing up at the audience! :D :D :D :D
i'm glad you're enjoying the view..............especially since i'm not used to depicting this kind of position and i had to give these camera angles a lot of thought :D thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

the last swat
the last swat
032.jpg (255.39 KiB) Viewed 6595 times
hi everyone,

Oh, man! That smarts :shock: ! That last swat even caused Natalie a few tears :? ..............of course, considering the discussion of their lives going forward, there could be an emotional component to those tears too 8-) ! Then, on the other hand, Natalie might just be pissed off that she forgot to count that one swat :lol: . i hope you enjoy this pic. we'll be finishing this toon up next week so stay tooned for the grand finale. thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Perhaps Natalie should have brushed up on her arithmetic before taking up with Mark.

At least he seems to have cured her of indecision.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Perhaps Natalie should have brushed up on her arithmetic before taking up with Mark.
hi Willjohn,

no doubt she's wishing she had...............i'll bet she'll remember next time :lol:
willjohn wrote:At least he seems to have cured her of indecision.
you are exactly right. i think she has indeed made some decisions as to what will be best for her ;) . of course, Mark may have had a little something to do with that 8-) , thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #32

Post by web-ed »

Well! We have reached our story's ultimate swat and penultimate panel, and I think we can safely say Natalie is grateful for that ;) . Now as we discussed a couple of weeks ago, the bending-over positions lend themselves to being depicted from many different camera angles, and you took advantage of the fact that by using a different angle in each of the six panels (#27 - 32) where Natalie has been made to assume that position. So we've enjoyed a very pleasant variety as the swats were applied (although Natalie hasn't!), culminating in a frontal view of Natalie's face as she reacts to the final swat (which she obviously felt :D ), so some very good storytelling here. As to that final swat, Natalie's face is at the center of the composition, and I find myself reacting with a mixture of compassion for her ordeal and satisfaction because she had it coming to her.

Natalie also knows now that she'll be subjected to more spankings in the future, and after a while she'll grow to like the idea (you can't expect her to feel that way right now while her fanny's still on fire from that last swat). Mark may have another condition or two to lay down, and I look forward to seeing that next time along with a very contrite Natalie. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well! We have reached our story's ultimate swat and penultimate panel, and I think we can safely say Natalie is grateful for that ;) .
hi web-ed,

i agree with you.........i do think she got what she wanted........even if she didn't realize what form that might take..........and that she is grateful ;) .
web-ed wrote: . Now as we discussed a couple of weeks ago, the bending-over positions lend themselves to being depicted from many different camera angles, and you took advantage of the fact that by using a different angle in each of the six panels (#27 - 32) where Natalie has been made to assume that position. So we've enjoyed a very pleasant variety as the swats were applied (although Natalie hasn't!), culminating in a frontal view of Natalie's face as she reacts to the final swat (which she obviously felt :D ), so some very good storytelling here. As to that final swat, Natalie's face is at the center of the composition, and I find myself reacting with a mixture of compassion for her ordeal and satisfaction because she had it coming to her.
i'm glad that you enjoyed the different views :D . i am used to doing mostly OTK spankings and camera angles that work for OTK don't necessarily lend themselves to this bent over position. it was a bit of a challenge for me so it's nice to know that you did enjoy what i came up with :D . as for this pic, i had this view in mind from the start. it was really the only one i had mostly figured out from the start. it just seemed right to me so i was gratified that you mentioned it :D . as i think i mentioned earlier, i did do some research by re reading your articles about positions and paddling and did my best to get the position of both Mark and Natalie correct so i was also gratified that i didn't hear anyone mention having any problems with their positions :D . thanks and a tip of the hat for providing that ;) .
web-ed wrote:Natalie also knows now that she'll be subjected to more spankings in the future, and after a while she'll grow to like the idea (you can't expect her to feel that way right now while her fanny's still on fire from that last swat). Mark may have another condition or two to lay down, and I look forward to seeing that next time along with a very contrite Natalie. :)
again, i think you're right about her liking the idea of more spankings................or at least of Mark taking charge even if it means more spankings. i will post the last 3 pics this Friday so we'll see what everyone thinks about how that goes down 8-) . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

i think you're right about her liking the idea of more spankings................or at least of Mark taking charge even if it means more spankings.[/quote]

she will like the idea of more spankings before and after, not so much during. I am always anxious and look forward to my spankings and while I am getting them I wonder why I thought this was a good idea. they hurt! they're embarrassing! and the penalty swats are the worst. after I feel so much better (well, not my bottom, but everything else.)
overbarrel49 wrote:Oh, man! That smarts ! That last swat even caused Natalie a few tears ..............of course, considering the discussion of their lives going forward, there could be an emotional component to those tears too ! Then, on the other hand, Natalie might just be pissed off that she forgot to count that one swat
it wasn't the swat that caused her tears. even though the last swat is the one that stings the most. you look forward to it and dread it all at the same time. and of course she's pissed! nobody wants extra swats, but no amount of begging or pleading or apologizing stops them.

sunflower

[
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote: i have to give credit to Sunflower here who was kind enough to tell me a short story about the first penalty swat that she forgot to count that's how i was able to "capture" this moment so well as web-ed commented . fyi, Mark wouldn't be mean enough to totally start over but Natalie WILL be getting that forgotten swat over again and she won't be enjoying it . Natalie does seem to be panicking a bit here..............kind of makes me think that paddle is really stinging her bare bottom .
hi Phil,

of course the paddle stings! and to have to get a swat over is not pleasant. it has only happened to me once. I forgot to count a last swat (on purpose) and there is a sense of panic that I was getting it over. and it seemed like that one was more stingy than all the rest. and NO, it was not enjoyable. at least for me. and believe me, I only forgot once. I do not want any extra swats, thank you very much! and there is no place to go once you realize you are getting an extra swat. that is where the panic comes from. except for the crying, this could be me! there would have to be an emotional issue for me to cry. even though my bottom sometimes feels like it is on fire, that is not enough to make me cry. and yes starting over would be mean! especially when there is a high # of swats coming.

sunflower
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I can see that this story is almost over, and I have mixed feelings about that. I'll be glad to see a conclusion, (especially since I suspect that Mark and Natalie are going to have a happy ending) but, on the other hand, I'll miss Natalie when you move on to your next story! She was so-o-o cute turned over Mark's knee and bent over that chair! :D :D :D :D

I hope you'll do a sequel sometime... or at the very least, use Natalie as a peripheral character in another story. Maybe... while something else is going on in the foreground, she could be walking past... rubbing her bottom in memory of the last spanking she got and expressing her sympathy for someone else who''s just about to get it.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:i think you're right about her liking the idea of more spankings................or at least of Mark taking charge even if it means more spankings.
she will like the idea of more spankings before and after, not so much during. I am always anxious and look forward to my spankings and while I am getting them I wonder why I thought this was a good idea. they hurt! they're embarrassing! and the penalty swats are the worst. after I feel so much better (well, not my bottom, but everything else.)[/quote]

hi Sunflower,

well, she started out needing to know that he would take charge so she got what she wanted..............although it wasn't necessarily the way she wanted it, so it seems reasonable to me that your comments about her future spanking are right on the money ;) . i like the way you have this process sorted out...........before.....during.......after.....and i can see why your thoughts and emotions might change some as you go from one stage to another :lol: .
sunflower309 wrote: it wasn't the swat that caused her tears. even though the last swat is the one that stings the most. you look forward to it and dread it all at the same time. and of course she's pissed! nobody wants extra swats, but no amount of begging or pleading or apologizing stops them.
from your comments and those of other spankees i have talked to, it does seem likely that tears are usually the result of emotional aspects.............which does make sense and i'll take your word for it that the last swat does sting worse.......especially if it's an extra one because you forgot to count 8-) .
sunflower309 wrote:
hi Phil,

of course the paddle stings! and to have to get a swat over is not pleasant. it has only happened to me once. I forgot to count a last swat (on purpose) and there is a sense of panic that I was getting it over. and it seemed like that one was more stingy than all the rest. and NO, it was not enjoyable. at least for me. and believe me, I only forgot once. I do not want any extra swats, thank you very much! and there is no place to go once you realize you are getting an extra swat. that is where the panic comes from. except for the crying, this could be me! there would have to be an emotional issue for me to cry. even though my bottom sometimes feels like it is on fire, that is not enough to make me cry. and yes starting over would be mean! especially when there is a high # of swats coming.

sunflower
it sounds like you might have been testing your spanker's limits there a bit when you "forgot" to count that one swat and from your comment that it only happened once, i would say that you definitely found out what you wanted to know :lol: . i found it really interesting too that you had to try and see if you would get one over but then had a bit of panic when that came true. it all sounds very intense to me 8-) ...................no place to go :lol: . thanks for sharing your experiences with us :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I can see that this story is almost over, and I have mixed feelings about that. I'll be glad to see a conclusion, (especially since I suspect that Mark and Natalie are going to have a happy ending) but, on the other hand, I'll miss Natalie when you move on to your next story! She was so-o-o cute turned over Mark's knee and bent over that chair! :D :D :D :D
hi Boom,

the story is indeed almost over. i will post the last 3 pics this Friday to wrap things up. i'm taking your "mixed feelings" comment as a compliment :D . i agree that Natalie does look really cute while she's getting that spanking and i'm glad that you have enjoyed viewing her ;) . we will have more spankees as we move forward though and hopefully you'll like them too. i'll be interested to see if you like the conclusion i have devised to end the toon and romantic spanking month 8-) .
hugob00m wrote: I hope you'll do a sequel sometime... or at the very least, use Natalie as a peripheral character in another story. Maybe... while something else is going on in the foreground, she could be walking past... rubbing her bottom in memory of the last spanking she got and expressing her sympathy for someone else who''s just about to get it.
i don't know about a sequel, but some of my "cast members" from other toons have made appearances in other toons from time to time so that is always a possibility ;) . anyway, i'm glad you're enjoying this one :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

it pays to notice what's going on around you!
it pays to notice what's going on around you!
033.jpg (238.29 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
hi everyone,

as promised, we are ending our story of Natalie and Mark and their "Alternate Proposal" today! While Mark is covering significant aspects of their relationship that he thinks will be important going forward and Natalie "seems" to be agreeing with him................I get the feeling that she's not really listening all that intently :lol: ! As a matter of fact, she seems to have something entirely different on her mind 8-) !
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

no doubt what's on Natalie's mind
no doubt what's on Natalie's mind
034.jpg (283.78 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
In this pic, Mark is done with his lecture and is letting Natalie get up..................or is he 8-) ?! It seems again she has a different idea :o :D . as promised, i'm going to take a minute to remind you that i have had these pics done for several weeks and while Natalie's idea of what to do next and that of Katie in Boom's Valentine's toon are very similar, i did not steal this idea from Boom :lol: .
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

That's all folks!
That's all folks!
035.jpg (234.3 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
Oops! It looks like it's time for use to go :shock: ;) ! I hope you've enjoyed this toon :D . again, i did not steal this idea from Boom..............great minds you know :lol: phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:
034.jpg
In this pic, Mark is done with his lecture and is letting Natalie get up..................or is he 8-) ?! It seems again she has a different idea :o :D . as promised, i'm going to take a minute to remind you that i have had these pics done for several weeks and while Natalie's idea of what to do next and that of Katie in Boom's Valentine's toon are very similar, i did not steal this idea from Boom :lol: .
hi everyone!

since I was helping Phil with parts of this I can attest that he did indeed have this ending before Boom's Katie. 2 great minds! and also these last pictures differ from my experience greatly........so far! maybe some day I will find a significant other who will spank me and then I can experience what Natalie is experiencing right now. until then I will just enjoy my spankings for what they are, and continue to enjoy Boom's and Phil's offerings, and hopefully Dan will offer some of his hard work again! so thanks Phil, for letting me be part of your toon! it was definitely my pleasure!

sunflower