Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues with another Sweetspot discovery: Moon Mullins spanking #2.
This is a funny addition to your collection. The lady getting whacked is certainly not sexy by any means... but the idea of having her stand in the way of a backstroke is one I haven't seen anywhere else.
web-ed wrote:Doctor Cylon returns to these pages with another collaboration with Julius Zimmerman.
Mmmm! Not spanked, but very spankable!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Kathleen Turner and Jessica Rabbit

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:
willjohn wrote:Would I be wrong in saying that Jessica Rabbit was inspired by Kathleen Turner in her early career?
And Kathleen Turner supplied the voice of Jessica Rabbit.
Not being one to follow Hollywood too closely (it's no secret I despise the place), and having found nothing doing a quick internet search, I can't say if Turner was the inspiration or not. She apparently agreed to voice the character as a favor to the director. Another possible inspiration that occurs to me may have been "Red" from two or three old Tex Avery cartoons:

I believe this is an actual still frame from "Red Hot Riding Hood" although it was not identified as such on Pinterest where I just found it. I remember recording the cartoon many years ago on VHS as I knew that Red raised her skirt and bent over briefly during a dance number and this looks like the pose I recall. A good spanking would indeed have left her "red hot" in just the right place. ;)

And whoever the source of inspiration was for Jessica, she certainly inspired a lot of output from Julius Zimmerman and Doctor Cylon, as we'll be seeing over the course of many months.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/26/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with another Sweetspot :ugeek: discovery: Belles and Wedding Belles, in which a put-upon boyfriend finally spanks his girlfriend - after they're married. :)

I know I promised another Polly and Her Pals last week, but I had forgotten that Belles was its companion strip and the new spanking was from it rather than Polly. Anyway, it's a fairly humorous husband/wife scene that I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

Next Week: it's back to Moon Mullins as I try to catch up with Phil S. and all the spankings he's discovered there!

I have some new Halloween stuff in the files, but as I want it posted permanently and the Picture Gallery is being replaced while the new "Art Gallery" isn't ready yet there's no place to put it so it will have to wait for next year. Let's hope I've got the Art Gallery up by then :roll: otherwise I might have to simply use them as new Halloween decorations. Speaking of which, I almost forgot to trot out the old ones, but I've done so this week just barely in time.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

As an aside, could you imagine anybody trying to get away with that "Kid Cocoa" stamp now? :?

Great way to stop baby talk anyway.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Well, the artist doesn't exactly have an erotic style but I do have to admire the story :D . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. Great find this week!

Overbarrel already said what I had in mind when I saw this strip. The artist's drawing style doesn't lend itself to the possibility of an erotic spanking... but still... it's a couple in love! I really like that! And there's the other part of it: He got his "ittle dirl" to stop her annoying baby-talk! Yay!

I also like the look of surprise on her face when he puts her over his knee and the rubbing afterwards. And the goofy grin on his face after he's done spanking his lady. All in all it's a fun strip! (Maybe it might've been even better if the woman had been drawn a little sexier... but we can't have everything!)
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Good spanking in Belles And Wedding Belles and even though the spankee isn`t much well build mainly bottom :D the set up is nice!!! maybe ittle dirl want big bad man to spank her kink ;) :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/02/2018

Post by web-ed »

Lots to report this week, so let's get started.

First the October Golden Age Comics Spanking Search Report:

October Comics Pages
Pages searched: 3448
Total: 598448
Comic Spankings: 0

Again this was mostly romance comics, so a huge disappointment: almost 3500 pages and not one spanking :x ! Time was when a spanking would show up every 1700 pages or so. By that historical datum, I should have found two spankings here. I still have almost 400 comics to review, but only 75 or so remain of the romance genre with lots of westerns (an unlikely source for more spankings). I'll keep searching, and more comics come in every week.

Next, on top of all my other concerns, I switched computers this week as the old one was overheating and shutting down a lot (I ran it at 100% of CPU, or a bunch of crappy Microsoft programs did). That means I had to reload the software I use for creating and updating CSR, two different programs. The new version of Arachnophilia, which is what I use to code the web pages, revealed a potential problem with the character encoding of the pages. This isn't the place to delve into how the computer encodes the characters printed on the page, and I only mention it here to enlist more pairs of eyes than my own in search of problems. By the way, I used the old version for 14 years and could have continued with it, which tells you something about how well this particular bit of freeware performs.

What we're looking for is weird characters that make no apparent sense on the page, such as ☫, or question marks in the middle of words, etc. (That's usually the way a browser or other program tells you it doesn't understand what character you want displayed, assuming it understands there's a problem at all.) I will try to make some coding changes going forward as a prophylactic measure, and if any of these cause problems, for example in the Google Chrome browser which I don't test with, please sound off here in this topic and let me know. I think there are already some weird symbols on some pages that display data from the Comics Spanking Data Base, but we can live with that until I have time to track down the problem. I just don't want to make things worse than they are already on the rest of the site where the pages generally work perfectly.

This week's update:

The Comic Strip Series continues with another Sweetspot :ugeek: discovery: the third spanking from Moon Mullins, in which Willie whacks his wife Mamie with a broom. :)

Next week we'll see the last of the known Moon Mullins spankings, and most of these have already appeared here on the Forum. I do try to bring something new every week, but it's not always possible as lots of existing pages need updating with new versions or else, as in this case, a comic spanking was presented first here on the Forum and needs to be put into Gallery 2 as well. In two weeks we will have another of Phil's discoveries, and that one has not been seen here before. And at that time I hope to have things enough under control to explain what we'll be seeing from then through the end of the year. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. Thanks again for all the work you do to keep this thing going!

About this week's update:
web-ed wrote:he Comic Strip Series continues with another Sweetspot discovery: the third spanking from Moon Mullins, in which Willie whacks his wife Mamie with a broom.
Well... a broom isn't exactly the ideal spanking implement, but the strip is funny anyway. Mamie should know better than to talk about how she's gotten him into trouble with his friends by shooting off her big mouth... while she's bending over and he's standing behind her! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Nice one swat with a broom on Mamie large bottom :lol: :lol: !!!! too bad this wasn`t otk think Mamie`s very large buttocks would have been fun to spanked specially with a hairbrush or paddle :D :D :D that rug beater in the other strip would also be a great tool to use :twisted: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

With the size of her arse he would probably find a fence paling handy.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/09/2018

Post by web-ed »

Busy week - I think I've got the character encoding problem licked, but please do report any problems to me (weird characters showing up on the page). Because Phil found so many Moon Mullins spankings - 5 of the 6 known, with the 6th being one of Kayo I found while researching the strip - I re-did the layout in Comics Gallery 2 so that all four are on one line now. And this week's update is the fourth spanking, in which Kayo whacks Emmy with a paddle!

Unfortunately the actual whack takes place off-panel, but there's some nice rubbing afterward as Emmy definitely felt the swat :lol: ! On the page I speculate about the possibility of more spankings from the Moon Mullins strip: given its longevity, it's a distinct possibility, and there were a number of young women in the strip we haven't seen yet, any of whom would make fine spankees. We'll just have to wait and see.

I finally opened the mail box today and addressed two items from 2014. This took me about two hours. (One of them was a Batwoman/female Robin spanking I posted more than 10 years ago with some incorrect information; since there is no visual update but only the description, I didn't bother posting a link here. You'll find it in Comics Gallery 1 if you're interested. I had to rewrite the information, upgrade the code (I've changed a few things since I began in 2004), and research the artist, which is why it took so long.

And herein lies a big part of the problem. One way I got behind is by skipping over emails that were obviously going to take a long time to deal with, so I had recently resolved to work my way through the mailbox observing strict chronology. The problem is that now I have no idea what problems may have surfaced the past three months, so I'm going to have to go back to poking around through the pile trying to perform some sort of triage. I hope to gain some more ground eventually, but I'm also seeking a long-term solution, like advertising for an assistant.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues as the long arm of the law is extended to spank two teen-agers in Radio Patrol. This is yet another of Phil S.'s :ugeek: original discoveries and it does feature a young woman taken OTK - and it's never been seen before! Don't miss it! :D
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Nice one smacker in Moon Mullins comic 8-) :lol: :lol: seeing Kavo gives his land lady Emmy a hard whack for her birthday is exciting being he just a boy :twisted: growing up a Spanko myself there was plenty of time I fantasize about turning an older woman teachers, older female cousins and Aunt who was a beautiful very well shape woman back in the days across my knee for a very hard spanking :twisted: :D :D :D Nice find 8-) :D :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. Nice find this week.
web-ed wrote:I re-did the layout in Comics Gallery 2 so that all four are on one line now. And this week's update is the fourth spanking, in which Kayo whacks Emmy with a paddle!
It's funny that Kayo thinks Emmy is getting a birthday spanking, and that he wants to get in on the action.
web-ed wrote:it just may be that young Kayo is an adult spankophile in the making. Certainly his eagerness to spank older women reminds us of us when we were a boy.
Yeah.

With the way Emmy looks... it's unlikely the artist was thinking about the "potential erotic dimension of spanking" as you put it. But, it's still funny! I wish Frank Willard had shown one of his pretty female characters getting "the old traditional spank, one for every year."
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The women in the strip do seem pretty homely.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: The Women of Moon Mullins

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:The women in the strip do seem pretty homely.
The ones we've seen, certainly, and their spankings were bound to be more humorous than sexy. But there were some others in the strip with more promise: Egypt, Katy Higgins, Myna Byrrd, and Miss Swivel the sexy stenographer ;) . No spankings of them known yet, but Phil S. :ugeek: is still out there looking.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/16/2018

Post by web-ed »

First item is Phil Overbarrel's Growing Pains Episode 5 - it's got lots of cheerleader paddling, and it's not over yet :lol: ! Now I know there's a lot of spankos out there who love the idea of cheerleaders getting swats with the principal's paddle, so there's no excuse for you guys (and gals ;) ) not to check it out.

Next thing on my agenda as far as catching up on this board is to see what Hugob00m has been up to, and I hope to be able to talk about it here next week. :)

I actually have been catching up a little, opening a few mails per day and trying to read the posts on this board. But just when I was making some headway, I had to spend a couple of hours writing an obituary for Stan Lee. I hope that doesn't sound like bad form - complaining about having to write an obituary when you're luckier than the deceased in that you're still around to write it - but I hate being so far behind around here. Lee's contribution to comics was immense, and even though I have only attributed six spankings to him at the present time (there must be others), his passing will be felt by many CSR readers I'm sure.

Anyone heard from Dan lately? I've got the sinking feeling he's got sign-in problems again. I'll have to check later tonight to see when he last logged in.

And finally, this week's update:

The Comic Strip Series continues as the long arm of the law is extended to spank two teen-agers in Radio Patrol. No link here because I've already reached the two-link-per-post limit, but you can get it from the Home Page.

One note on the update: I've been ballyhooing this Radio Patrol spanking as "Never before seen" but in doing some research earlier this week I thought I found a reference here on this board. I can't find it right now, but if Phil S. already posted it here I can only regret the mix-up. It's a fine scene and needed to be presented over on the main site, but I had thought it would come as a complete surprise.

Next week: we turn to modern comics and find a modern spanking from Menage a 3. Don't miss it! :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:But just when I was making some headway, I had to spend a couple of hours writing an obituary for Stan Lee. I hope that doesn't sound like bad form - complaining about having to write an obituary when you're luckier than the deceased in that you're still around to write it - but I hate being so far behind around here. Lee's contribution to comics was immense, and even though I have only attributed six spankings to him at the present time (there must be others), his passing will be felt by many CSR readers I'm sure.
Yeah. Mr. Lee will certainly be missed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues as the long arm of the law is extended to spank two teen-agers in Radio Patrol.
Nice one... even though a boy :shock: , and three men :shock: got spankings too.
web-ed wrote:And we don't really want to take too close a look at Red, who's kind of short for an 18-year-old ;) .
Is Red just small for her age? Maybe. In the panels that show her OTK, she seems to have some pretty mature curves.
web-ed wrote:The complete scans are available from SPK Comics; we'll have more to say about SPK when we've gotten through all of Sweetspot's strip discoveries as well as our own.
I went to SPK Comics to read the story that led up to Red (and the others :shock: ) getting spanked. I wanted to know the context... but the story wasn't worth copying on your site.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! GREAT Spanking in comic Radio Patrol 8-) 8-) Red is doing a lot of kicking meaning the spanking is hard :D :lol: :lol: :lol: wonder how something like this would fair in a comic or news story today? Two Teen girls of 18 was caught and spanked by two police officers for under age drinking :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

From the conversation between the cops it would seem that Pinky is a boy :?