spanking pics using poser and photoshop

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: spanking pics using poser and photoshop

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi boom,

interesting that you liked the expression on the one at home best. i liked them both but thought the surprised look in the park was my favorite................LOL. i'm glad you enjoyed the toon :D . btw, i will be posting a short, new toon soon. dave wolfe is having a birthday and i am working on a birthday toon for him which i will post here as well as at my toon groups. thanks for your comments. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

my old friend, Dave Wolfe, is having a birthday on tuesday :D . I decided to do a short toon to celebrate the occasion and I'm posting it here. I hope you all enjoy it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOLFIE :D !
wbd 001.jpg
wbd 001.jpg (227.29 KiB) Viewed 6437 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

always interested in the best possible customer service, our man Wolfie decides on a free demonstration.
always interested in the best possible customer service, our man Wolfie decides on a free demonstration.
wbd 002.jpg (214.09 KiB) Viewed 6437 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

going through all those features takes time but adds to giving the customer the best possible experience
going through all those features takes time but adds to giving the customer the best possible experience
wbd 003.jpg (228.82 KiB) Viewed 6437 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

demonstrating how "powerful" your product is, is always a good idea
demonstrating how "powerful" your product is, is always a good idea
wbd 004.jpg (234.18 KiB) Viewed 6437 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

demonstration over............complete with instructions on how to properly care for the new product! a good, thorough selling job!
demonstration over............complete with instructions on how to properly care for the new product! a good, thorough selling job!
wbd 005.jpg (221.55 KiB) Viewed 6437 times
jimc

Post by jimc »

great phil I love the outfits you find for the spankees. Your time spent on the decor, expressions, colors and your commentary all were excellant and does show. I really like your positions and the other pictures within the story that add to the story. I do want you to know that i really do appreciate the time on the spankees that you spend i mean hairstyles, expressions, clothes,positions, speech balloons, colors to the bottom, tears and the expressions to the spankers all are done very well. as always i cannot add ways to improve it because they are just personal preferences and each of the artists that share their works (dan, b00m, dave, doc, karstens, you) all have different styles and i like elements of all of your all's work. i look at each of them as the fine art that they are and wish that i had other words to show how much that we appreciate them and that you share them with us. So well done and keep them coming is all i can say on them. Have a great day.
Jim
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks again Phil, for your beautiful poser toons, this time about a young lady attempting to steal a laptop computer from a video shop. Lovely work, and of course your commentary is spot on!

If I may make a (slightly) critical comment: It seems that all your spankers are shown with their hand in the air, ready to descend to their lovely targets. This is fine, for a single cartoon; but when you do a series, as you did here, it would be great if some of the panels show the man's hand making actual contact with the lady's bottom. Otherwise, it looks as if his hand never moves.

But I will echo jimc's comments about the outfits, decor, and color you have chosen. All of them are perfect.

Oh, if only I could do poser art, the way you do it!

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi jim,

i'm glad you liked the toon :D . your comments are greatly appreciated and bring a smile to my face. don't worry about ideas to improve the pics..............such detailed comments tell me a lot about what you are noticing and liking and that really helps me a bunch. so often i get comments that say, "good pic" or "i liked it". these are nice to hear but tell me little about just what it was that they liked. anyway, it's great to get comments like these. thanks for taking time to make them. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi dan,

thanks for the comments. i do have a tendency to show the spanker with his hand in the air or descending and rarely do one with it landing on her bottom..............these are pretty hard for me to do although i have done some. it does seem like a good idea though and i will try to include more of them in toons with multiple spanking pics. i think most of the ones i have done with the hand landing have been on the first swat but i will consider just when would be appropriate and try to get some variation in them. i usually go with different camera angles too but in this case i was in a hurry and used the same one a couple different pics because it is faster.................LOL. anyway, i appreciate your comments and i'm happy you enjoyed the toon :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Phil:

Thanks for not taking offense. If you don't mind, here is an example of what I mean:

Depending on the length of the spanking, sometimes I will put the "contact" shot at the end, sometimes in the middle somewhere. Since your "laptop thief" story was lengthy, I think I would be tempted to put a contact shot somewhere in the middle of it.

By the way, in case no one has mentioned it: The girl's EYES in the final panel are PERFECT! They convey pain and rage at the same time. What a wonderful combination!

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi dan,

thanks for the example. i have seen you use this before and actually thought of one of your pics when i saw your comment. thanks for your comment about the spankee's eyes in the final pic....................pain and rage is exactly what i was trying to convey with that expression so it's nice to know someone noticed that:D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

"laptop" for a shoplifter

Post by hugob00m »

I enjoyed your latest story, especially your use of puns! I also agree with Dan about your expressions on your characters' faces. The fabric of the shoplifter's dress was nicely done too.
The first poser pictures I ever saw looked three-dimensional, but not alive. You're bringing life and humor to the genre.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed the toon :D ..........puns and all :lol: . i can't take credit for the fabric of the dress as it was a texture that came with the dress when i bought it. i can take credit for making it look like it's been pulled up though. it has morphs, dials to change the position of the dress, but using them just doesn't look natural so i use photoshop and make them looked like they've been pulled up after i get the render from poser. same for panties pulled down................i usually render them in poser with no panties and then add them in photoshop later. i really appreciate your comment that i bring life and humor to this kind of pic :D . it's hard to do and hard to learn to do but i had also noticed that a lot of them just look like mannequins. anyway, i have worked hard to make them look as natural as possible and i really enjoyed hearing your comment. thanks, phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

Hi phil, i never knew that you bought the fabric i just thought you were a fashion designer and your spankees were benificiaries of your fashion line. Seeing that you have to do so much more does make the final rendering far more intresting. Thank you for bringing them more alive with expressions and your ability with photoshop to bring them more in movement than just manniquins would. I think i would like to see it animated one time to see about the hand actually landing on the bottom and of course her movement otk. Thanks for the storylines that you use. Dan's works are sometime very subtle in his puns and while most do discover them i think yours come out more easily. Have a great day.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi jim,

the dress i used for these pics is the "all in wonder" dress which was made by gypsy rose. it comes with 20 different textures which i can apply to the dress to change the color and pattern. some of them are one piece and some are 2 piece with a skirt and top rather than a dress. there are also bunches of different styles and "morphs" for me to make it long or short, neckline lower or raise, tight or loose, straps or strapless etc. it is really a very flexible clothing item for poser which is why i bought it. the texture i used in this toon is just one of the ones provided with it so all i can take credit for is choosing wisely...............LOL. most clothing items for poser are not nearly this flexible which increases the need for photoshop. i'm glad that you liked the toon.............it makes all the work worthwhile when i know others are enjoying them :D . as for the story lines................they are just my fantasies made into pics as best i can. btw, i have never been a very subtle person.....................LOL. thanks for your comments. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

a while back dan commented that i should change the arm positions of my spankers and show the hand landing once in a while. that sounded like a really good idea so i did it in the most recent pic i did. so recent it won't even be posted to my toon groups for 2 weeks yet.................LOL. then jim was commenting on the work i do with photoshop after i get the pic from poser and that got me to thinking that perhaps you would be interested in seeing the difference in them before and after photoshop. i pose the spanker and spankee and get the lighting and camera angle the way i want it before i have poser render it. then i import the render to photoshop and get the finished pic looking like i want...............at least hopefully......................LOL. anyway, i'm gonna post the poser render that i did for this most recent pic and then the finished product so you can see the difference in case you're curious. phil
here is the render as it comes from poser. no panties, no color in any of the 4 cheeks. his hand is resting on her bottom but there is no hint of the flattening of her cheek. if you look at the top of his shorts under his right forearm you'll see a white patch where his shirt is showing through the shorts so that had to be fixed too.
here is the render as it comes from poser. no panties, no color in any of the 4 cheeks. his hand is resting on her bottom but there is no hint of the flattening of her cheek. if you look at the top of his shorts under his right forearm you'll see a white patch where his shirt is showing through the shorts so that had to be fixed too.
014 csr.jpg (173 KiB) Viewed 6210 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

here is the finished product looking much more realistic.........................at least i hope it does.
here is the finished product looking much more realistic.........................at least i hope it does.
014 pl.jpg (216.57 KiB) Viewed 6210 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Latest Spanking Pic: Poser and Photoshop

Post by web-ed »

It was interesting to see the difference - that important "cherry red," as Dave over at Cherry Red Report would call it, makes a big difference. This is a very well-positioned (and well-proportioned) spankee, by the way.

To perhaps make the comparison easier than it is here on the board, I quickly put together a web page featuring both versions with the pictures sized so that either one can be viewed completely on screens with resolutions higher than 800 x 600. I found it easier this way to see two other changes: (1) scenery seen through the window; (2) the overbarrel signature.

I hope that Phil approves of this treatment and that others find it helpful.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

hey, thanks for doing the web page..............it really does make the comparison much easier :D . i'm glad you liked the position of the spankee too. i just try to position them as i would my wife for a spanking :lol: . thanks too for noticing the winter scene outside the window. i have had to do that for every pic in the series and the winter scene will be essential to support some of the dialog a couple pics down the road. anyway i had totally forgotten about that and the logo.............both of which have to be done in photoshop. poser has little provision for anything other than normal activities as far as the clothing goes so i have to use photoshop for dresses pulled up or pants pulled down too. poser just doesn't support such extreme poses. that's the main reason i got into doing post work with photoshop. thanks for your comments and the web page. phil