Growing Pains

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Growing Pains

Postby overbarrel49 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 am

daneldorado wrote:Hi Phil... In your big "unveiling" panel, Linda shows her girlfriends her bright red rump after the spanking she got from Dr. Swatson. As she does so, the twins Jan and Jen put their hands on the seats of their own skirts. I wonder if you meant to show that the twins are reacting viscerally to the sight of Linda's fiery derriere, and instinctively "protecting" their own bottoms.

I think that's a fair question, since the other girl in this panel -- the one who offers to bring Linda her own "brand new tube" of lotion -- does NOT cover her own butt at the sight of Linda's display.

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan,

I was indeed intending to depict the twins instinctively reacting to the sight of Linda's freshly spanked bottom by holding their own bottoms. In this pic, we establish that all the girls have gotten spankings before so perhaps this is an empathetic response because they know how a bottom feels when it looks like Linda's :lol: . Lynne has also responded in this manner during the spanking as she was listening to Linda yelping and squalling so this is a reaction shared by all the girls. I think the difference is that Lynne has already had plenty of time to get over the shock of her friend getting a spanking from Dr. Swatson 8-) . I hope that clears up any confusion. Thanks, Phil

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 am

willjohn wrote:The girl with her own lotion is Lynn, who has replaced Linda as head cheerleader.

Having avoided a spanking she may be a little cocky. :roll:

Hi Willjohn,

I'm not sure about Lynne being cocky. This takes place on Friday and if you remember, in panel 6, Lynne is remembering that her dad warmed the seat of her panties on the previous Tuesday, just 3 days before, so I doubt if she's cocky :lol: . She's also Linda's best friend and is well aware of her recent attitude and behavior and obviously thinks Linda really needed a good spanking 8-) . Thanks, Phil

willjohn

Postby willjohn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:28 pm

I suppose that having been an "ear witness" to the sound and fury coming from Dr Swatson's office the state of Linda's bum was no surprise to her.

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:32 am

Hi everyone,

I'm posting 2 pics again today. In the first one, we listen in as Linda and Lynne discuss Linda's spanking once they're alone :lol: . Phil S. mentioned that listening in on a conversation in a girls locker room was enjoyable so I thought we should finish that :D . Phil
1018.jpg
busted
1018.jpg (384.27 KiB) Viewed 176 times

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:34 am

Mrs. Holmes has one more duty to perform concerning Linda's spanking so I thought we should check this out in the second pic 8-) . I hope you enjoy the new pics which I have posted. Phil
1019.jpg
UH-OH!
1019.jpg (435.09 KiB) Viewed 176 times

butch46163@yahoo.com

Postby butch46163@yahoo.com » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 am

Would love to see Linda cheering and jumping with her red bottom expose to everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

willjohn

Postby willjohn » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Mrs Holmes does not look old enough to have been in a position of authority when Linda's mother was in High School.

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:10 pm

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Would love to see Linda cheering and jumping with her red bottom expose to everyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

HI Butch,

I have no doubt that we would all like to see that. Because doing a scene in a gym full of people would be an epic task, I really don't have any plans to do a pic like that. However, there might be a way around that and I will give it some thought. Thanks, Phil

overbarrel49

Postby overbarrel49 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:17 pm

willjohn wrote:Mrs Holmes does not look old enough to have been in a position of authority when Linda's mother was in High School.

Hi Willjohn,

That's an interesting observation. However, I don't see any problem with it at all. This past weekend, I went to a concert directed by the man who was my high school band director during my senior year. I am 68 and he is 75, which is a difference of 7 years. Betty was 18 when she got her spanking and that was 24 years ago. That makes her 42 now. Assuming Mrs. Holmes is 7 years older than Betty, that would make her 49 8-) .......besides. I wanted Mrs. Holmes to still be looking pretty good in case she gets a spanking later on :lol: . Thanks, Phil

daneldorado

Growing Pains

Postby daneldorado » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Phil, you know I am one of your biggest fans, and I rarely criticize your artwork. In fact, most of the time I think it's pretty great.

But the fatal words "THE END!" posted at the end of your last panel lead me (us?) to believe you are abandoning your latest story in midstream. Previously I thought this would be the beginning of a massive spank-o-rama involving lots of naughty cheerleaders plus a naughty Mrs. Holmes... but now, alas! "THE END!" including that insistent exclamation point, leads us to believe you have deserted us.

I know, I know, it is a lot of work to create a lengthy comic story, and that is one of the reasons I have stopped doing them myself. In a way I don't blame you for bailing out, because this was a major undertaking. I wondered how long you could hold out, seeing as the story was heading towards becoming a massive literary work.

"Growing Pains" was fun while it lasted.

Cheers,
Dan

Return to “Overbarrel Gallery”