Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Follow-up to "Spook Spanks Spook"

Post by web-ed »

Wolfie138 wrote:Hi,
just wanted to say thanks for the repost of my "Spook Spanks Spook" pic, and here's a follow-up, if anyone's interested :-)
http://www.delightful-discipline.com/apples.html
You're welcome, Wolfie - I think your pic really brightens up the Halloween decor around here, and I hope to use it every year. Great follow-up, also - turning bobbing for apples into bending over for paddling is a natural but still great idea :) . And yes, that little wasp deserved to get swatted :D !
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/26/2012

Post by web-ed »

Our last update in October, so we have some more Halloween goodies, but first these updates to the Comics Spanking Data Base, which will not be posted:

1. Crack Comics #48 (May 1947) Floogy the Fiji M/M Paddling (Quality). Unknown/Floogy
2. Prize Comics #48 (Dec. 1944) Tree / Worldbeater. Compare to the tree spanking Doiby Dickles in Green Lantern #22 from 1946. Looks like the GL creative team copied theirs from Worldbeater, and we can only ask, "Why?"
3. Prize Comics #25 (Nov. 1942) Scrooge / Fatty
None of these is of any real interest, but readers may refer to the DB for details if they wish. October has not been such a bleak month in my searches as these sad examples might indicate, and we'll have the complete search report next week.

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Halloween (1) - This one's almost unimaginable, from the imagination of Lyndal Ferguson: Gumby Spanks a Bad Girl!
  • Halloween (2) - Last week we saw Vampirella giving a spanking to Batgirl, but of course we prefer to see her getting the spanking, and by a male. I've got just that now with somewhat unlikely casting as Jerry Lewis spanks Vampirella!
  • Humorama update: Two new scans of Secretary Spanking #6.
  • Humorama Series #111: He may have learned little else in medical school, but at least Dr. Smith does know where to locate the female gluteus maximus, as he demonstrates by whacking the bottom of every nurse he comes across! This is the only known "spanker" from Lowell Hoppes and is another CSR first. I'm going through all the remaining unconventional spankings so that I can concentrate on the OTK-positioned ones during the final weeks of this series.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

well, you're right. i was NOT prepared for Gumby cast in the role of spanker. i love the look on his face as he eyes the target on his lap. it appears to me as if he might be about ready to cream his jeans :lol: .oh, wait! is he wearing jeans :?: . i don't know who our devilish spankee is but she appears to me to be taking evil delight in all this :D . again, i never thought of Jerry Lewis giving a spanking either. perhaps our girl, Vampirella, was one of "Jerry's kids"............and a naughty one at that :lol: . i agree with you about her expression. it is the best part of the drawing :D . i like the playful Homer secretary spanking. good otk position and a beautiful spankee. i don't know if Mary Tyler Moore is the model for this but there certainly is a resemblance and i like to think that it is her. it's not the first time i've even thought about spanking her. i thought there were bunches of times she could have benefited from a good spanking by Rob on the old Dick Van Dyke show not to mention that she just always looked so beautiful and spankable to me :D . i have to say that the good doctor sure does look pleased as he practices his hobby in the Lowell Hoppes drawing :D................or perhaps he just knows that swats on the bottom are often good "medicine" for nurses :lol: i couldn't help but wonder if the nurse with the indignant expression had a surprised look like the girl who is currently getting swatted :lol: . thanks for more great updates. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Wow, Web-ed! Some mighty fine (and surprising) spank toons in the Weekly Updates!

First up is Gumby, the most unlikely spanker in media... made of soft plasteline clay, he would seem to land soft swats, and not many at all. But here we have Lyndal Ferguson and his lively imagination, making Gumby the reincarnation of G.W. McLintock! Good show.

And, speaking of unlikely spankers, who would ever think of Jerry Lewis as the dominant half of an S&M toon? The artist, Yatz, here shows us a side of Jerry Lewis we've never seen before. I like that he shows us Vampirella over Jerry's knee, though I would prefer she were over BOTH knees, rather than one only. Nevertheless, Yatz shows us Vampi, as you've called her, in a proper submissive pose. I do like the elevation of her thonged bottom, and the look of dismay on her face.

Like you, I am unable to translate the Hebrew wording on the sign. However, I did notice that in the lower left corner, the artist has given us a logo indicating that this artwork is from 2002.

And you are right, about the secretary in the Homer cartoon looking a lot like Mary Tyler Moore. I doubt that she was the inspiration for the drawing, however, as I have watched the lady on TV through all her career, and she has NEVER given off any spanko vibes. You did mention, in one of your links, that she was "spanked" by Dick Van Dyke on his eponymous show back in the 1960s, with a rolled-up newspaper, but I have watched that scene several times, and to my mind there was little, if any, actual contact. I think Van Dyke just went through the motions, and the sound effects folks did the rest.

The Lowell Hoppes cartoon in your latest updates is my favorite. Boy oh boy, how times have changed! Once upon a time, a guy actually could get by with giving his female co-workers playful smacks... and yes, I am old enough to remember that actually happening, in an office setting. But these days, any guy who tries that would end up on the receiving end of a nasty lawsuit, and probably lose his job in the bargain. Which is all the more reason we should enjoy seeing stuff like the secretary/nurse spankings you keep finding for us (many thanks!) :lol:

In all, Web-ed, a fine weekly update. You are much to be commended for the untiring work you do, bringing us these goodies every week.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB- ED CSR!!! GUMBY!! He was once a little green slab of clay look what Gumpy can do today! :lol: So the song went long ago! seeing Gumby as a spanker is kinda shocking and the Artist Lyndal Ferguson did a nice job drawing Gumby spanking a bad girl! now maybe I`am 100% wrong but do you think the woman being spanked by Gumby is Mrs. Ferguson herself :lol: :twisted: don`t know hard much pain clay can inflick on a female `s bottom and juding by the smirk on the lady`s face it must not be to painful :lol: Why didn`t Gumby just change his hand into the shape of a paddle to warm the seat of this woman`s tight skirt! 8-) The otk is not very good being the the spanker`s legs are to short and the spankee seem to even though over his lap her legs look like it floating on air! Seeing that Gumby is enjoying himself sweating clay make this a nice drawing :lol: 8-) Seem that Vampirella can give a good spanking but when it her turn can`t take one!! :lol: And oh how she is getting it from Jerry Lewis :lol: Every thing about this drawing is perfect! Great over the knees love how Vampirella is struggling with legs flaring :lol: Also like her facial expressing saying this spanking hurts! :lol: Also love the comical look on Jerry Lewis`s face as he spanks the shaply well form tush of Vampirella`s who wearing a very skimpy outfit !!another thing I like is that there a witness watching :twisted: :lol: Great drawing! Seeing a drawing of a secretary that looks like Mary Tyler Moore being spanked is a good turn on being I always wanted to see Ms. Moore spanked ethier from Dick Van Dyke or Lou Grant :D But I wish the artist of this drawing would have made this a disciplinig tpye spanking! Hate seeing the spankee smile :x The otk is great with the spankee skirt raise showing panty but the boss should have been really giving it to her for being a naughty feminist :lol: anyway this is a good drawing! Lowell Hoppes Doctor whacks the bottom of every nurse look like a running joke from a 60`s movie ! don`t know why there`s no fanny smacks in Mad Men :x those women have nice bottoms especially Joan! ;) who should have been turn over the knee plenty of time next to Betty! Oh how that show drop the ball :x The Doctor do know how to deliever a good whack judging how the nurses are reacting to the sting on the rears!Big rears a matter of fact! :D long gone are the days of whacking a woman fanny :( good drawing! 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Halloween (2) - Last week we saw Vampirella giving a spanking to Batgirl, but of course we prefer to see her getting the spanking, and by a male. I've got just that now with somewhat unlikely casting as Jerry Lewis spanks Vampirella!
This is definitely one for the HUH? file! Vampirella, with her voluptuous figure and her skimpy costume has inspired many spanking fantasies, i'm sure... but Jery Lewis as the spanker? :o Whoa! That part was never in any of my Vampirella fantasies! And I wish someone knowledgable in the Hebrew language would translate the little sign in the corner of the picture and perhaps explain how it may be relevant to the rest of the picture. Maybe it's because Mr. Lewis is Jewish? Is Vampi a Jew also? Nah! I'm pretty sure that human blood is not considered Kosher!
web-ed wrote:Humorama update: Two new scans of Secretary Spanking #6.
The question is whether the woman in the cartoon looks like Mary Tyler Moore? I think she does, but the resemblance might not be deliberate. Homer seemed to prefer drawing dark-haired, dark-eyed women most of the time. (although a few examples of Homer blondes can be found) As you've stated, there seems to be no evidence that Ms Moore herself, or anyone associated with the old Dick Van Dyke show was into spankings... even if the shape of her derriere and the figure-hugging clothes she wore inspired thoughts among some of us in the audience!

As usual, thanks for the time and effort that you put into finding us new stuff every week!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/26/2012

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:And you are right, about the secretary in the Homer cartoon looking a lot like Mary Tyler Moore. I doubt that she was the inspiration for the drawing, however, as I have watched the lady on TV through all her career, and she has NEVER given off any spanko vibes. You did mention, in one of your links, that she was "spanked" by Dick Van Dyke on his eponymous show back in the 1960s, with a rolled-up newspaper, but I have watched that scene several times, and to my mind there was little, if any, actual contact. I think Van Dyke just went through the motions, and the sound effects folks did the rest.

The Lowell Hoppes cartoon in your latest updates is my favorite. Boy oh boy, how times have changed! Once upon a time, a guy actually could get by with giving his female co-workers playful smacks... and yes, I am old enough to remember that actually happening, in an office setting. But these days, any guy who tries that would end up on the receiving end of a nasty lawsuit, and probably lose his job in the bargain. Which is all the more reason we should enjoy seeing stuff like the secretary/nurse spankings you keep finding for us (many thanks!) :lol:
I agree that MTM has never given off any spanko vibes. As to the scene on the Dick Van Dyke show, I only saw it once and I'm sure you're right about there being very little actual contact. Of course, it wasn't an extended OTK scene like the ones on I Love Lucy in any case, which we'd much prefer. I'm still trying to capture the scene, though, because so many of us wanted to see MTM get spanked and that scene was as close as we ever got. Plus, as I recall MTM actually says "Thanks" for the swat!

Yes, I'm afraid office spankings are a thing of the past, but it is nice to remember and to re-create the good old days with classic secretary spanking cartoons, and I'll do the best I can to keep them coming. :) I came across a video recently where a young woman was holding up a "secretary swatter" which was a fly swatter in the shape of a secretary! She was bemoaning the "bad old days", but of course we have a different take on the subject which will be expressed when I get around to re-editing the video and presenting it on CSR. I've even located a picture of the "secretary swatter" and I have to wonder if anyone actually used it for its stated purpose way back when. ;)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/02/2012

Post by web-ed »

October was a fruitful month for searches. The comics totals:
Pages searched: 7092
Total: 394336
Comic Spankings: 5

1. Crack Comics #48 (May 1947) Floogy the Fiji M/M Paddling (Quality)
2. Crack Comics #25 (Sept. 1942) Lena Pry M/F
3. Crack Comics #28 (March 1943) Captain Triumph / Miss Cairo
4. Prize Comics #48 (Dec. 1944) Tree / Worldbeater. Compare to GL with Doiby Dickles - both are terrible!
5. Prize Comics #25 (Nov. 1942) Scrooge / Fatty with cane

Now, only two of these are M/F, but they're both of interest since I believe the one from Lena Pry, a little-known strip, is a new discovery, while the one from Captain Triumph solves the mystery of where one of our black & white spanking panels, posted two years ago, came from - and it's now in full color! The only question is when I can find the time to post them - I'm inclined to wait until after the conclusion of the Humorama Series.

Speaking of which, although I only obtained two or three Humorama digests this month and found no new spanking cartoons, Steve W. contacted me with some new scans and information. Not only was he able to clear up some mysteries, he provided proof that an unidentified cartoon in my files was indeed of Humorama origin, plus one of the two cartoons I knew existed but hadn't been able to find. We'll be seeing many of his scans in the coming months.

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Doctor Cylon Update: an animated version of Mandy Spanked and a re-colored after-spanking scene added to the three already on the page.
  • A Parental Spanking from Kevin Karstens. This one's a little odd because we're not used to seeing Karstens without his commissioner/collaborator Bawdy Bard. It was probably commissioned by someone else who remains unknown to us.
  • Humorama update: Dan Rivera provides an alternate version of the recently-posted In the Pink Spanking of Paul Hamilton.
  • Humorama Series #112: We've heard of fresh fish, but this is ridiculous: a fish gets fresh with a very surprised shopper. As I remarked on the page itself, this is a better gag than it is a spanking, but it's genuinely funny and I believe it to be another original discovery of mine. I know of only one other "fish spanking" - a man spanks a woman with a fish(!) in a drawing I will probably post some time in the relatively distant future - unless we count that cute little seaman/mermaid scene in this category.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Like the updated Mandy spanking with her tits jiggling as they would be expected to. The fish one reminded me of a childhood friend telling another friend that he had seen a man eating a dead fish. When the boy he told this to showed revulsion he replied "would you eat a live one?" :oops:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

thanks for the information about Dean Yeagle. i thought it was interesting and the brief comparison of him with the humorama cartoonists of the past. too bad he's not in the habit of drawing spanking cartoons. i like the way he draws Mandy and i'd like to see her otk ;) . more interesting information about the Kevin Karstens drawing. i have a hunch that your "take" on this drawing is pretty close to the mark. to me the facial expressions and the corresponding emotions they so nicely convey really carry the story to the viewer. whoever commissioned it, i think the message is clear. it was nice to see the entire Hamilton drawing without all the extraneous stuff covering it up. thanks and a tip of the hat to Dan for this one. i have to agree with you that the gag is better than the spanking in the "fresh fish" drawing. i did get a chuckle from the smile on the face of the fish :lol: . thanks for all the time you put in going through all the pages to find all this stuff for us. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WED -ED CSR!! Glad to see Doctor Cylon spanking beautiful women backsides again :D And this drawing of Mandy getting her birthday licks is good 8-) Poor Mandy seem to not be enjoying her spanking but I`am :twisted: Love the animation with her shaply bare buttocks jiggling from what seem to be hard smacks from Doctor Cylon hand!Also love the nice shade of red it become! Like the Fresh Fish drawing because of the humor. Seem the fish couldn`t resist himself from slapping her tight skirted bottom :twisted: Like the shock look on the lady face and the smoke lines the artist drew coming from the lady`s tush telling us this was a hard smack!!! This has to be the first X\F spanking drawing shown at CSR :twisted: good drawing! Kevin Kaistens Parental Spanking drawing to me is ok :?: Now I don`t mind seeing a father spanking his teenage I think this girl over 18 but this looks kinda creepy! Where is this guy`s hand :?: The only part of this drawing I like is the mother who is standing there with the stern look! Enough said! Good work from Dan Rivera`s Alternate version of Paul Hamilton drawing In the Pink 8-) Next to Boss Secretary spanking Doctor Patients spanking seem to be also a favorite back in the day! :lol: Mr. Hamilton drawing kinda look like something from Ward or Wenzel ! The otk is much off even though he did a good job on her bottom. nice and high! and she do have a pretty face :D don`t like how her breasts look big a lopesided! But all and all this is a nice drawing! :lol: Good this week drawings :D
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Butch wrote:

Kevin Karstens Parental Spanking drawing to me is ok Now I don`t mind seeing a father spanking his teenage I think this girl over 18 but this looks kinda creepy! Where is this guy`s hand The only part of this drawing I like is the mother who is standing there with the stern look!

Kind of a mixed message here, Butch. You say the Kevin Karstens drawing is "OK" to you, but then you say it looks creepy. You also wonder: "Where is this guy's hand?" I assume you mean his left (non-spanking) hand. Yeah, that bothered me too... but not as much as the nudity did.

I'm not against tasteful nudity, but I am opposed to pics of a person's private parts. Really, there is no reason why Karsten had to draw the girl's vulva in this picture. It accomplishes nothing except to expose the artist's dirty thoughts. She is already turned over her dad's lap, he is already spanking her bare bottom... so WHAT is accomplished by showing us the girl's genitalia? I've argued this point before on this board, so I guess it's a case of "to each his own." Anyway, you are right: It DOES looks "creepy."

Oh, and I don't know where his left hand is, either. Maybe he stuck it into his pocket. :?:

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Doctor Cylon Update: an animated version of Mandy Spanked and a re-colored after-spanking scene added to the three already on the page.
Too bad Dean Yeagle himself never (to my knowledge) drew a spanking in progress... Mandy would've looked sooooo good over some guy's knee!
web-ed wrote:Humorama update: Dan Rivera provides an alternate version of the recently-posted In the Pink Spanking of Paul Hamilton.
A much better scan!
web-ed wrote:Humorama Series #112: We've heard of fresh fish, but this is ridiculous: a fish gets fresh with a very surprised shopper. As I remarked on the page itself, this is a better gag than it is a spanking, but it's genuinely funny and I believe it to be another original discovery of mine. I know of only one other "fish spanking" - a man spanks a woman with a fish(!) in a drawing I will probably post some time in the relatively distant future - unless we count that cute little seaman/mermaid scene in this category.
Not as sexy as most Humorama "spankers", but definitely a funny gag!
hugob00m

Re: Yeagle

Post by hugob00m »

As I said earlier, I've never seen a Dean Yeagle drawing of a spanking in progress, but this girl looks like she's getting ready for an English headmaster with his cane... or maybe her boyfriend pretending he's an English headmaster...
dean yeagle 1.jpg
dean yeagle 1.jpg (20.26 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
And this girl...Mandy, I think... seems to be cooling off her hot backside by sitting on a cold glacier... the aftermath of a spanking maybe? I'd like to think so!
dean yeagle 4.jpg
dean yeagle 4.jpg (39.04 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
hugob00m

Re: Yeagle again...

Post by hugob00m »

...And here's another Mandy that's been colorized to look like she just got spanked!
Attachments
dean yeagle 2.jpg
dean yeagle 2.jpg (125.11 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/02/2012

Post by web-ed »

b00m - thanks for the Yeagle drawings. I agree about that first one - she does look like she's about to bend over and place her hands on the seat of the chair as she awaits the cane - but that last one is a stunner! Is this one you colored yourself?
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/09/2012

Post by web-ed »

A bad week in a lot of ways, but we're still here with two new items being added to existing pages and two all-new pages. For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Doctor Cylon Update: New after-the-swat version of Zatanna getting the ruler across her behind.
  • We begin a series on the work of artist Dave Carney with a bending over the bed caning.
  • Humorama update: new scan and publication details of Bill Ward's Bank Overdraft Spanking. That's one way of helping your female despositors learn financial responsibility!
  • Humorama Series #113: this boss gives his secretary what he calls a "pat on the back", but she thinks his aim is a little suspect. This is Secretary Spanking #32.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! First Thing I has to said is Doctor Cylon got to be one of the hardest spanker around and the Ruler spanking he giving to Zatanna is HOT :twisted: Love how Zatanna big bottom absorb the impact from the ruler :lol: also love the fish net outfit she is wearing! Mr. Zimmerman did a great job giving Zatanna very large lady parts :lol: something I love in a spanking drawing! Great drawing!When I first saw the drawing of The Boss Giving His Secretary A Pat On The Back ;) ;) I though it was a after spanking drawing Being the secretary is holding her burning tush as the boss stands there watching :lol: But seeing this was a hard pat to the backside it kinda change my thinking about this drawing :? This drawing reminds me of those needle drawing where the women come out the doctor office hold their rears hurting from the shot they got :lol: now I don`t mind the pat but I wish to have seen it! The secretary is pretty skinny with a nice tush! love her facial reaction from the slap she recieved from her boss :D also love how the artist drew small line telling that that smack was a good one :lol: also like her long dress and very high heel shoes!good drawing 8-) Dave Carney Woman Bending over the bed for a caning looks like a Stanton drawing meaning the way the set up is a guy about to cane a beautiful who might be his wife as another guy handcuff naked across from her helpless :twisted: Wonder do the guy gets cane next?The drawing is good showing the plump bare bottom and v spot of the woman also seeing her restrain for what I think is a much deserved punishment add a little sexyness to this 8-) Can`t say much about how I love seeing The glamour girls of Bill Ward especially when they are beng spanked :lol: Only thing I wish in Bank Over Draft is that Ward should have drawn the woman over the knees :x What a nice big round bottom she have and I can see the banker is enjoying himself spanking it! Nice tight clingy dress beautiful face on the woman only problem she should be otk!!!!!!! Great drawng from WARD 8-) THANKS!!!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

Thanks for posting those new updates. Guess you were going for a spankings page that is 100 per cent NON-OTK. :oops:

Ya know, I'm with you in admiration of those good old spanking cartoons that we used to be able to view routinely in the comics. No such luck, these days... although I do kind of notice a slight lessening of antagonism by the fem-libbers.

Over the years, you and I have seen many, many spanking cartoons in the mainstream media. Every single one that shows an adult female getting spanked is welcome. But the spanking toon that MOST makes my crotch tingle is the one that shows us The Phantom giving Queen Pera her first spanking, followed by Count Jorge of her own staff, giving her her SECOND spanking! Man, that toon is hot! I cannot help admiring it, even today after all these years.

Of course the main reason is that thing that you talked about in your essay: It makes us feel good, to see a haughty woman who's in a superior position (in this case, the queen) get taken down a peg and be humiliated, preferably in front of witnesses. In the "Queen Pera" strip we can see that she is not only in a superior position, she is also so self-absorbed that she thinks she can get any man she wants, from wherever in the world.

As you have pointed out, this particular story of The Phantom was first published in 1946. I think it bore the title "Queen Pera the Perfect."

Now then: It must be a favorite story to a lot of people, because we know that, years after the 1946 original was published, someone in some other country (Asia? Australia? Europe? Dunno) had the entire strip painstakingly COPIED, then published it again. I came by a photocopy of that duplicate sometime in the 1980s, and then I posted it here, to your webpage. But the copied strip was in black & white, whereas the original was in full color.

We know this, because someone on your webpage later posted a full-color copy of the original panel, from 1946, showing Count Jorge spanking the queen. That panel is larger in scope than my b&w copy, and shows more detail.

And yes, thanks to you and your marvelous website, we have also seen a Scandinavian comic that actually DUPLICATES the Phantom/Queen Pera strip, giving us the same story but with the panels re-drawn in a different style, and with speech balloons in the language of that country. (Sweden? Denmark? Iceland??)

The reason I mention any of this, is because I am still wondering if you -- or any of your fellow spankos -- have copies of the original 1946 comic in full color, showing the two panels of The Phantom spanking the queen. Since the panel with Count Jorge, posted above, is available... then I fancy that the two Phantom/Pera panels must ALSO be available. Somewhere.

If so, I'd love to get them into my collection. As you know, I once drew a riff on that The Phantom story, substituting my own creation, Captain Woodshed, in place of that phantom fella. It would be great, if I could lay these old eyes onto a clear copy of those immortal original panels from the original "Queen Pera the Perfect."

Oh, by the way: The first time I saw the Queen Pera story, I suspected it was a rip-off of the Superman strip that shows Evad spanking Queen Arda. But in your invaluable Website, you let us know that it was the other way around. The Phantom's queen-spanking was published some months before the Queen Arda story. Must have been a popular plot in the 1940s. :D

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Thanks for the updates. I especially enjoyed the "pat on the back" cartoon, although I wonder if the caption and the drawing were done by the same artist. The lady's remark seems more fitting to a "one-smacker", while her rubbing hands, the lines (which are usually used to indicate heat) radiating from her backside, and the stern look on the man's face all point toward a more prolonged spanking.

I appreciate seeing a better scan of the Bill Ward "overdraft" cartoon, although Ward seems to have a bit of trouble with the woman's musculature in this one. Because of the position of her legs, her right buttock should be more flexed than the left one, instead of the other way around. She just looks a bit lopsided.