Additional Finds

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Additional Finds

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

Here is a copy taken from a xerox of the old WW II comic strip, "Johnny Hazard."

I'm pretty sure I could work on it and maybe improve the contrast, clean up some of the dust specks, etc... but on the other hand, it may not be worth the trouble. For one thing, you cannot see the girl's face during the spanking scene, and I don't know what the larger story is. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Dan
daneldorado

Additional finds

Post by daneldorado »

Here are some more old toons I found in my attic, er, files:

This first drawing is so ubiquitous, I can't believe it has not been posted here before. Still, I have searched the Forum and cannot find it. Can this be its first appearance here? Anyway, enjoy....

The second toon is a Kirk Stiles I've never seen before. What I find interesting is that the spanker is spanking with the wrong hand... and yet, in THIS positioning, it doesn't look so wrong! Maybe that's because he has the girl positioned WAY across his lap, farther than usual. So maybe it looks okay this way. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Re: Additional Finds

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Dan,

thanks for posting these. i wanted to comment on the "newlyweds". as you noted, the otk position is rather strange and it's unclear which hand he should be using although i tend to agree that it's ok for him to use his right hand considering where her bottom actually is. nice looking spankee too. what i really like about this one though is the idea behind it :lol: . good thinking by our recently wed spanker :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I had never seen the Johnny Hazard comic at all, and I hadn't seen such good scans of the other two. Thanks for posting them. Great finds!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Wow - thanks for posting that one from Johnny Hazard, Dan! It's definitely going in to Comics Gallery 2 when I can get to it. I knew about the strip, but not the spanking. Frank Robbins was a great artist, but his style was difficult to appreciate fully, and when he drew Captain America for a while Jim Shooter over at Marvel actually received letters of bitter protest! Mike Manley ranked him above even Milton Caniff in draftsmanship, so a spanking done by Robbins is definitely front-page news in my book.

I have tentatively identified the date as April 19, 1959, but have not as yet found a better scan. Needless to say, I'll keep looking.

The Kirk Stiles "Applied Psychology" cartoon has never appeared in CSR, although I have several versions, including an original scan, in my files, and they will all see the light of day as part of the ongoing Humorama Series.

The second one from Kirk Stiles with the newlyweds, where the wife used to be the husband's secretary, is also in my files and will be posted eventually. I have a scan from my own copy of Breezy, plus one of the original art which shows that Stiles' original caption read "...we'll overlook that practice" which Abe Goodman then changed to "...I can take you to task" as we see here. The spanker does have her positioned way across his lap, but I would have to say that this, along with the use of the wrong hand, constitutes a double-fault on Stiles' part. It may well be, however, that the mis-positioning led directly to the wrong hand being used, which I would agree doesn't look as bad here as it does in those cartoons (mainly Wenzel but also Stiles on occasion) where the spankee is better positioned.

I myself raided your attic this week, Dan, and found what I think may have been the very first Humorama "spanker"! It's a boss/secretary one by Bill Wenzel, and I had known of its existence for some time but only possessed a really low-resolution scan. If you're wondering how I managed to "burglarize" your files, the answer is that it's one you sent to Strictly Speaking Spanking almost exactly 20 years ago, in November of 1991! This issue recently came into my possession, having been given to me by MikeD from his collection. Here is a small version of the cartoon, the larger version being reserved for the Humorama Series:
The first(?) Humorama spanker, from 1955.
The first(?) Humorama spanker, from 1955.
humorama_bill_wenzel_first_secretary_dan_rivera_strictly_speaking_nov_1991_small.jpg (121.59 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

The Johnny Hazard strip was a good find, I had not thought of that strip in years.
I grew up in the Washington DC area back when there were 2 big daily newspapers with lots of comics, the Washington Post and the now defunct Washington Star. The comics were completely different.
It was the Star that ran Kerry Drake, who is represented here ,and also Oakey Dokes that is here.
Most of the Star comics are probably obscure to most people now, except the well-known Pogo.
On e I recall was "Long Sam" a character reminioscent of Daisy Mae from L'il Abner. She was a leggy brunette in an abbreviated dress who lived with a crochety grandmother. Don't recall any spankings(or from any other Star comics) but she would have been a prime candidate.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Did a little research on Long Sam. Turned out she created by Al Capp, though he later turned the writing over to Bob Luebbers who did the artwork.
It was her "manhating Maw" who raised her not her grandma, just remembered that the lady was old.
Wikipedia calls this strip an example of Good Girl Art.
Don't know if there were any spankings, but the article said she had the habit of whenever she left the valley of falling in love with the first man she met. Possibilities there certainly.
Not to mention the thought of her Maw cutting a switch and taking her to the woodshed for her errant ways!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

GREAT FIND DAN!!! Really love the Kirk Stiles spanking even though the spanker is spanking with the wrong hand love the humor wife spanking is the best :lol: Do you know the name of the artist who drew the drawing of the man spanking his wife with a book is it Kirk Stiles. Do any one remember seeing a spanking in the Broom HILDA comic strip I thought I saw one back in the 80`s with Broom Hilda as the spankee anyway THANKS!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Kirk Stiles and Broom Hilda

Post by web-ed »

Yes, the second cartoon in which the man spanks the woman with a book is also by Kirk Stiles. Never fear - I have several versions which will all be posted in due course.

I don't remember a Broom Hilda spanking and couldn't find one just now, but of course there could have been one. I'll add it to my search list just in case it does exist.

For Tanner, I don't know of any Long Sam spankings, but it sure sounds like a nice idea! With Al Capp, who scripted several spankings in Li'l Abner, and Bob Lubbers, who drew at least one (in Tarzan), it's possible. Here's one the daily strips, scanned from a proof:
Long Sam, date seems to be 5-16-1958
Long Sam, date seems to be 5-16-1958
LS5.jpg (87.76 KiB) Viewed 6840 times
-- Web-Ed