Can you identify this movie spanking scene?

The cartoons of Dan Rivera. Reader comments strongly desired!
Forum rules
Only Dan's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Can you identify this movie spanking scene?

Post by daneldorado »

Hi... I ran across this question recently, and I think it may be worth discussing. Name this actress and the film titles:

In the 1960s, she appeared in a movie comedy where she got spanked by her male co-star. The spanking scene was fun to watch, and the spanking seemed real. Yes, I know they are all supposed to look real... but this one probably did sting the lady, a little.

Fast forward twenty years. In the 1980s, this actress turned up again, older of course but still a very effective actress, this time in a serious drama that was definitely NOT a "comedy." It was a somber movie, it was highly praised, and get this: It went on to win the Oscar for Best Film in its category.

I have researched this question thoroughly, and I am convinced that only one actress meets all these criteria.

Who was the actress? And what are the two film titles?

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Re: Can you identify this movie spanking scene?

Post by willjohn »

The 1980s film was not "Places in the Heart" with Sally Field, was it?
bigwily

Post by bigwily »

Gidget was the 1960's comedy
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Earlier, I wrote:

In the 1960s, she appeared in a movie comedy where she got spanked by her male co-star.

Fast forward twenty years. In the 1980s, this actress turned up again, older of course but still a very effective actress, this time in a serious drama that was definitely NOT a "comedy." It was a somber movie, it was highly praised, and get this: It went on to win the Oscar for Best Film in its category.

Willjohn replied:

The 1980s film was not "Places in the Heart" with Sally Field, was it?

No, Willjohn, sorry but it's not "Places in the Heart." Your response, however, led me to do some research of my own.

I can't find a film in which the great Sally Field received what we all recognize as a "spanking." Meaning, a scene where the spankee is held over the spanker's lap while he smacks her backside. However... I did learn that Sally took a "play" spanking from actors Pete Duel and Betty Conner (they were just fooling around) on a TV show in the 1960s. Is this what you may have been thinking about?

Cheers,
Dan
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

To further explain my "quiz" question:

The reason I formulated the original question is to illustrate how one single actor (or actress) can be an outstanding comedian in one movie, then change pace and turn in a worthy dramatic performance in a later film. When I say "a worthy dramatic performance," remember I'm not talking about any old performance; I'm talking about a serious tone that proved worthy to earn the Oscar award.

So, to reiterate: In the 1960s, this actress received a spanking in a very funny film. Two decades later, she starred in a solemn film that won the Oscar.

Who she?

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Was it Fiona Lewis who was in "Dis-moi qui tuer" in 1965 and "Innerspace" in 1987?
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Willjohn wrote:

Was it Fiona Lewis who was in "Dis-moi qui tuer" in 1965 and "Innerspace" in 1987?

Sorry, no. To the best of my knowledge, there was no spanking scene in "Dis-moi qui tuer", and if there is one, then shame on me. I've spent half of my life trying to find hidden spank scenes from the movies, and I've written several versions of my "spankologies," so I should know about that one. But no.

As for "Innerspace," there is also no spanking scene. But you are correct in thinking it might have been an Oscar winner. I believe it won some award, for special effects.

Add another clue:

Okay, you should be told that the movies in question -- the one in the 1960s and the one in the 1980s -- were BOTH foreign language films. Neither one was filmed in English. That's an important clue, but don't take it to mean that they were minor films that nobody in the Americas should know about. One was an Oscar winner, and the other is a popular comedy.

And remember, the lady in question starred in both films. Who is she, and what are the two films we are researching? Remember, one was a comedy and the other a somber drama.

She got a good spanking in the first of these.

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Dan.

I have a guess for your quiz: Could it be Monique van de Ven, who starred in The Assault in 1986 and in Turkish Delight in 1973?
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

b00m wrote:

I have a guess for your quiz: Could it be Monique van de Ven, who starred in The Assault in 1986 and in Turkish Delight in 1973?

Sorry b00m, but no. The IMDb lists two movies with the title "The Assault," and neither of them features Monique van de Ven. The years for those two films were 2014 and 2017. Remember, the two films in our quiz were released in the 1960s and in the 1980s.

Here's another clue:

The first film we are researching was released in 1966. That's the movie that has the spanking scene.

Also, it was a pretty vigorous spanking scene. The lady receives a good spanking, yes, but she gives her spanker a black eye.

Anyone?

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:20 pm he IMDb lists two movies with the title "The Assault," and neither of them features Monique van de Ven. The years for those two films were 2014 and 2017.
The Dutch film by that name was released in 1986 and received the Oscar for best foreign language film in 1987. Monique van de Ven was third-billed.

However, I'm outside your parameters with the other movie. Turkish Delight was from the '70s.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

b00m wrote:

The Dutch film by that name was released in 1986 and received the Oscar for best foreign language film in 1987. Monique van de Ven was third-billed.

(sigh...) So close. So very, very close.

Cheers, Dan
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks b00m, thanks a lot, for correcting me in that last sequence about this movie quiz. I had written that Monique Van de Ven was NOT in either of the two films entitled "The Assault," but lo and behold, you went back and you did locate the lady's name in the credits for one of those films.

Nice catch!

Anyway, the search goes on. WHO is the actress that co-starred in the two films in question: One is a wild comedy in which she gets spanked by her male co-star, and the later film is a highly-praised drama which won an Oscar for Best Foreign Film?

Who is the actress in question, and what are her two movies that we are trying to identify?

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Was the spankee Birgit Federspiel the Danish actress who was spanked in the 1966 comedy "Dyden Gar Amok" (Virtue Runs Amok") and was also in the Oscar winning "Babette's Feast" in 1987?
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Are you OK, Dan? You have gone very quiet.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

willjohn wrote:

Are you OK, Dan? You have gone very quiet.

Hiya, Willjohn. Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for asking. The reason I did not reply earlier is because this damn computer was giving me fits. My computer-savvy grandson is here now, and he will help me to get back on track.

First of all, you are absolutely RIGHT!!! The lady in question is Birgitte Federspiel. In 1966 she was in the rollicking Danish comedy "Dyden gar Amok," in which she got a spanking from her co-star, John Hahn Petersen. After 20 years had passed, Fraulein Federspiel returned, in the much-loved and Oscar-winning "Babette's Feast" in 1987.
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.17.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.17.50 PM.png (929.23 KiB) Viewed 5766 times
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.19.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.19.09 PM.png (3.52 MiB) Viewed 5766 times
Again, Willjohn, congratulations on solving the puzzle.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Pleased that you are well, Dan. My part of Sydney has been under quarantine for weeks because of this damned coronavirus. I tend to worry when people around my age go quiet. I remember Babette's Feast was a much feted film. All the best, mate. :D
Marco G.

Post by Marco G. »

Dan,

I did find a lobby card showing a spanking scene.

I could not find a video of the movie.

Did you have a link?

Marco

Good to see you back!

I find that when I have computer problems, I just scout up a 7-year old,

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1884886543
Marco G.

Post by Marco G. »

All,

Sorry for the confusion. Not sure why my post ended up in this thread..

The movie is DIS-MOI QUI TUER! from 1965. The actress is Michele Morgan.

Marco