Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities

Post by willjohn »

Rusty's Johnny is a straight steal from Dagwood.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:40 pm Rusty's Johnny is a straight steal from Dagwood.
Oh, yeah - it was blatant! Of course Rusty was Marvel's answer to Blondie, with sort of rust-colored hair in place of blonde. There were a few other Blondie rip-offs whose names escape me now that I've occasionally run into during my searches. No spankings among any of them so far.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

lot`s of butt damage in Rusty :lol: :lol: also it clear as day that it a Blondie rip-off :lol: :lol: Good find 8-) 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Behinds in Jeopardy from Bows and Arrows

Post by web-ed »

We've seen some examples of these not that long ago, but here are two more. First, from Family Funnies #33, Big Chief Wahoo makes some bows and arrows for kids - what could go wrong? ;)

If you look closely, you'll see that one young woman wearing a two-piece swim suit is among the victims, much as in that Jack O'Brien cartoon I posted only a few weeks ago. Of course, and as I've pointed out before, these scenes are non-realistic and played for laughs. I think it was in Patsy Walker where the writer had enough sense to make the arrows plastic, but mostly they just take what we might call artistic license. The artist appears to be Bill Woggon, who put Suzie's behind in jeopardy on several occasions that we've seen.

Dumb Bunny has to be among my top three favorite superheroine spankees of all time - I even commissioned a Merryman/Bunny spanking many years ago that still has a prominent place in Comics Gallery 1. She also once was drawn bending over probably more spectacularly than any other super-heroine in an actual comic book (see "Spankable Superheroines" in the aforementioned Comics Gallery 1), and while she was never actually spanked, she did take a bow to the behind twice from her cowardly colleague The White Feather:

From The Inferior Five #7 (art by Tex Blaisdell). © DC Comics Inc. The second very similar scene I believe came from a later issue that I can't place my hands on right now.

This is the first and probably the only time (barring that second scene from the I5) that the bow proved more deadly than the arrow. :lol:
Blaisdell (I'm giving him credit from memory because I scanned this years ago) drew a good, sexy Bunny at least part of the time (I forget now which issues he drew). It's really too bad that scripter E. Nelson Bridwell wasn't any more into spanking than his old boss, Superman editor Mort Weisinger (whom I've discussed at length elsewhere, I think in the Great Supergirl Spanking Search) was - perhaps he picked up that undesirable trait from Weisinger, who had many.

Oh, well. Both men have been gone now for decades, but we can still think about the great Supergirl and Dumb Bunny spankings that might have been - and maybe someday commission them. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Being shot in the butt with an arrow, or jabbed with the end of the bow isn't as much fun as a spanking... but these are definitely in the "Behinds in Jeopardy" category.

Dumb Bunny was an interesting character, who didn't seem to get any traction in the "D.C. Universe". Bill Woggon drew this lovely heroine with a nicely-curved backside. And he had it prominently featured in three panels on just this one page! Yum!

I never read any Inferior Five stories in their entirety, but if the the story-writer for these characters never included a spanking for Dumb Bunny, I call that negligence!
hugob00m

Who is this, and why is she rubbing her butt?

Post by hugob00m »

I ran across this picture quite some time ago:

who is this.jpg
who is this.jpg (66 KiB) Viewed 3168 times

I thought at first she might be Suzie, but probably not. So... does anyone know who she is? Does anyone know what the story was? It looks like she might be rubbing her butt because she just got a spanking... maybe by the guy who's walking away from her. That's what I'd like to think.

Does anyone know?
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

it definitely looks like she got a spanking from the guy walking off by the way she rubbing her bottom :D :D hope some one can find more of this comic!!! Thanks
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Who is This?

Post by web-ed »

This panel (it may be a partial panel) sure looks familiar, B00m, and yet I can't place it, nor was a reverse image search able to match it even after comparing it to 65 billion(!) other images. Here are my observations:
  1. No, it's not Suzie, but I don't recognize her as anyone else, either.
  2. The general style is certainly consistent with 1950s comic books.
  3. One clue is the man's overalls. At first I thought he might be a farmer, but I now believe he's more likely an auto mechanic because of
  4. that sign saying "Soda Inside" - it's been a long, long time since I've seen one, but I'm pretty sure it refers to a refrigerated case with soda pop in glass bottles (later a vending machine dispensing cans) inside the building. Remember when gas stations had service bays and a small customer waiting area that was also used by attendants when you paid at the pump with a credit card (no card readers back then - they would bring out a tray-device that pressed your card into carbon copy receipts)? That's what I think this is - simple advertising - and yet I can't explain the green grass or the shed he's walking towards.
  5. Why is the shed roof so wavy? That weather-vane on it would certainly be consistent with a farm house, but the "Soda Inside" sign is not.
  6. It does look like an after-the-spanking panel, although I suppose it could have been a pratfall - goodness knows we've seen a lot of those here!
I'll try to keep this one in mind, although I'm afraid I could have already seen the page years ago and forgotten about it. Even though I would recognize several thousand comics pages I've seen before (no exaggeration), I have examined a lot more than that - close to 700,000 - in my searches and of course cannot remember all of them. IF this girl was taken OTK and I had seen it I think I would have caught it, but if the spanking was implied I could very easily have missed it since I only allowed myself 2 seconds to look over each page.

There's always hope, and this one is certainly interesting! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I am so old I can remember when service stations and mechanics only took cash.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

willjohn wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:48 pm I am so old I can remember when service stations and mechanics only took cash.
I remember that just a little bit later, oil companies were among the first businesses to use credit cards. At first they were not electronically processed. Instead the gas station attendant used a little roller to make a carbon copy of the raised letters and numbers on the card.

Back then, the gas stations all had attendants who pumped the gas and checked the oil for their customers.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

It is all self-service where I live. I get my old Toyota serviced twice a year.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:40 pm It is all self-service where live. I get my old Toyota serviced twice a year.
It's mostly self-service in America too these days, Willjohn, except maybe in Oregon (a state ruined by the single city of Portland) where there is or was an idiotic law insisting that gas only be pumped by attendants. American gas stations today often have little mini-marts for things like soft drinks, candy, and cigarettes, but the automotive service portions are completely gone and exist as separate businesses with separate locations. I can't help missing the old days, when because gas stations offered service they had to run air compressors and you could get free air for your car or bicycle.

They did have soda pop, though, which is what I think that "Soda" sign was referring to.
-- Web-Ed