Spankings in Archie Comics

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Spankings in Archie Comics

Post by hugob00m »

I've got a slightly altered last panel for the Katy Keene strip:

Katy Keene.jpg
Katy Keene.jpg (284.51 KiB) Viewed 5009 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Here is a panel that I altered. I took out some of the background, re-wrote the text and gave Betty a bare reddened bottom.

betty diary.jpg
betty diary.jpg (268.14 KiB) Viewed 5005 times
Of the two Riverdale girls, Veronica is the most deserving of a "naughty girl" spanking. Because of her wealth and privilege, she tends to be arrogant at times.

However, Betty seems to be the most likely to appreciate the "other" kind of spanking.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Betty appreciates what she gets after her spankings.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Why was she taking care of her sister anyway? What happened to their parents?
willjohn wrote:Their parents probably figured it was easier to abandon the girls than to feed them.
Katie Keene was hardly alone in acting in loco parentis (in place of the parent): Fritzi Ritz spanked her cousin Nancy God knows how many times, Invisible Scarlet O'Neil gave two spankings to a boy and one to a girl that I remember, and neither one was even related to her, and Suzie threatened to spank her niece Angela several times (I think) and actually did spank her once in a panel that closed the story in which it appeared.

Why parents seem to be absent in many comics is an interesting question, or it would be if we were interested in child spankings. In a few cases, like Peanuts, I think we can safely say the reason is simply that the cartoonist wants to focus on the kids. We would hope for the kids' sake that art doesn't imitate life to the extent Willjohn suggests, with parents neglecting their kids, although this certainly does happen in the real world, and all too often.

I'll suggest that in some of these cases at least it has to do with the times in which the cartoonist grew up. Many of these people would probably be about 100 years old now if they were still alive, and think about what life was like 100 years ago, even in America: one or both parents often died young, leaving an older sibling to help out with raising the kids, and in extreme cases (where the other parent died also) to take over altogether.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Spankings in Archie Comics - B00m's Alterations

Post by web-ed »

B00m, you've done so many nice alterations they really need to be posted in one spot. I'm thinking maybe a special feature in one of the galleries. I've been collecting them over the years - let's hope I remembered to put them all in one place - so it's just a question of time, which right now is a still a problem.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Like the hot bottom of Katy Keene and her sister`s reaction :twisted: :lol: :lol: would like to see both Betty and Veronica over Archie`s lap getting a sound spanking :twisted: :D :D Great work hugobOOm 8-) 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:47 pm I'll suggest that in some of these cases at least it has to do with the times in which the cartoonist grew up. Many of these people would probably be about 100 years old now if they were still alive, and think about what life was like 100 years ago, even in America: one or both parents often died young, leaving an older sibling to help out with raising the kids, and in extreme cases (where the other parent died also) to take over altogether.
I think you're right about that. In those days, if the government stepped in, their solution was to take all the kids to an orphanage, and maybe eventually have the youngest ones divided up to be adopted into different families.

Usually, the only way to keep a family intact was for the closest relative who was a legal adult (oldest sibling, aunt, uncle, or cousin) to take responsibility and become the guardian of the minors.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Archie and Veronica both Get it from their Fathers

Post by web-ed »

This example is from Laugh Comics #44 (April 1951) so the Golden Age is still in full swing. The bad news is that during this time, Archie and Jughead were always afraid of getting spanked by their fathers; the good news is that Veronica was also at risk of incurring parental discipline and she does get spanked in this story, called "Readin', Writin', and Rememberin'". However, it's off-panel, and the only saving grace is that we don't have to see Archie get spanked at the same time.

The story as I remember it is pretty silly: Archie and Veronica have contributed to a feud between their respective fathers, resulting in a boxing match between the two men. Let's take it from there:

Story and art by Joe Edwards. © Archie Comics

So the two men have patched up their quarrel, and at least Veronica is still feeling the sting three panels later as indicated by the pain stars, but because neither spanking appears on-panel they cannot be included in the data base. This is, therefore, a kind of missed opportunity, but of a different kind than the usual one where a spanking should have taken place but didn't. Here, the spankings took place but we didn't get to see them, which is good in Archie's case but not so good with Veronica.

Unfortunately I forgot how I came upon this, but it was probably due to Robin, who has been a huge help over the years with the Archie material.

There's a lot more to be explored in Golden Age Archie comics, and I imagine I'll get to it as soon as I'm finished with the Marvel/Timely titles from that era.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web'ed.

You're right. This is an odd story. We don'r have the early part of it and are at a loss as to why Archie's father and Veronica's father are wearing boxing gloves and trunks.
web-ed wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:43 pm The story as I remember it is pretty silly: Archie and Veronica have contributed to a feud between their respective fathers, resulting in a boxing match between the two men. Let's take it from there:
Huh? That doesn't make a lot of sense... but then, a lot of the Archie stories were that way. I think some of it was a result of middle-aged writers dealing with teenage characters. They were several years behind trends of their time. Human nature doesn't change but customs do.
web-ed wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:43 pm So the two men have patched up their quarrel, and at least Veronica is still feeling the sting three panels later as indicated by the pain stars, but because neither spanking appears on-panel they cannot be included in the data base. This is, therefore, a kind of missed opportunity, but of a different kind than the usual one where a spanking should have taken place but didn't. Here, the spankings took place but we didn't get to see them, which is good in Archie's case but not so good with Veronica.
In this case, I'm glad the spankings were out-of-panel. Veronica's was parental... therfore, not erotic... or if it had been... EWWWW! Archie's was not only parental, but also M/M.

And with boxing gloves? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Did Archie and Veronica get their butts smacked OR PUNCHED?
hugob00m

Post-Spanking Fakes of Archie Characters

Post by hugob00m »

Here's a drawing of Veronica that I believe may have been taken from an actual comic panel, and then altered to remove a swimsuit. So then, I altered it a little more to make it look like someone just finished spanking her! :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:

veronica got a spanking.jpg
veronica got a spanking.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 1757 times

And here's Melody:

melody.jpg
melody.jpg (241.89 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Veronica gets a punishment Spanking while Betty is a Birthday spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: Great drawings!!!!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Veronica and Melody

Post by web-ed »

B00m, these are fantastic! :D
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:32 am B00m, these are fantastic! :D
I'm glad you like them. I found them on Knif Files. There's a lot of interesting pictures there. I don't know who made the alterations. It looks to me like someone took images from actual comics, and did some skillful Photoshop work to transform them into nudes.

I added a touch of redness to their bottoms and the talk balloon to the Melody picture.
butch46163@yahoo.com

why feature a spanking just to put it off panel :x :x :x is it because the artist too lazy to draw it or they don`t have the space :?: :?: Good find!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

betty.jpg
betty.jpg (145.44 KiB) Viewed 1472 times

Since she's walking away from a stable, I suppose she's saddle-sore, but with the stars and the rubbing, it's fun to imagine she's PADDLE-sore! :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I got this picture from Knif Files too. It's hard to tell if this was a scan from a comic that someone did a very skillful manipulation to erase swimsuit and fill in bare skin, or if this was an original drawing in the Dan DeCarlo style.

I added the redness, the talk balloon and the stars.

I hope you like it.

betty 3.jpg
betty 3.jpg (383.15 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Betty looks a bit overdressed as she walks from the stable.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Betty`s bottom Hot!! :twisted: :twisted:
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Stars and rubbing are always good, and Betty 3 is great! I'm guessing someone did an original drawing since if they took one from the comics, they would have had to alter Betty's bust and behind to make them bigger. Possible sure, but perhaps easier to just use their own drawing assuming they had enough skill. Either way, you've got to love the results! :D
-- Web-Ed