Missed Opportunities in Humorama

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Missed Opportunities in Humorama

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

The Film Fun womman is in the right position for the paddle! but I don`t think that guy want to spank his sexy nurse. :D :D :twisted:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Here's a slightly altered version of the WAC cartoon.

corporal.jpg
corporal.jpg (110.85 KiB) Viewed 898 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Altered WAC

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 am Here's a slightly altered version of the WAC cartoon.

corporal.jpg
I like this one better - thanks, B00m! :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Missed Opportunity for Willjohn

Post by web-ed »

O.K., for our third special for CSR old-timers, I've got something that's, well, mildly interesting. Of course, since this one is for Willjohn what I'd love to have is a previously-undiscovered spanking from an Australian source, but I couldn't find one. (Years ago there was a site called Spank Oz, but it's been gone a long time and I don't remember seeing any spankings from an Australian source there although there could have been some I didn't bother to save).

What I did find is not even a scene that's close to a spanking, but a relatively-unknown (to American readers, anyway) Australian comic strip that is at the moment one big missed opportunity. By that I mean that Devil Doone was the kind of strip where you might logically expect to find a good M/F spanking scene: it was an adventure strip with an ex-military lead character who was tough enough and masculine enough that you knew if he encountered some spoiled brat in her 20s or 30s he wouldn't hesitate to take her over his knee. Before talking more about the strip, let's see an example:

From Cartoon Fun and Comedy (January 1977). Written by Ron Carson Gold and drawn by Hart Amos.

As we tell from just this one page, Devil Doone is the kind of guy you'd want to get to the "bottom" of a suspicious death. And as a matter of fact, I can't state with any certainty that Doone did not get to the bottom of a bad girl at some point during the strip's long run (1945 to at least 1971). It first appeared in Man Junior, but was popular enough to get its own comic book shortly after (published in Australia by K. G. Murray). I found it reprinted in a surprising source: Humorama's full-sized magazines! Why did Humorama reprint the strip there?

Well, Humorama had occasionally printed comics before, the one I remember being Basil Wolverton's version of Popeye, Powerhouse Pepper. This went' back to the 50s but Powerhouse was also sometimes reprinted in the later magazines as well. This could have been done to save money, or possibly to stave off obscenity charges (I've gone into some of the legal questions of obscenity under American law elsewhere and the subject is too lengthy to delve into here). Anyway, the only source I've even found for Devil Doone is the Humorama magazines, and so far no spankings, but if I ever do find digital scans of the comic books, I will certainly go through them.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Ron Carson-Gold aka Ron Carson. I had to look him up. An Australian author who specialized in Westerns. I am not familiar with his work. Seems he was born in 1913 and died in 1972. Sorry, I cannot be of more help.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Missed Opportunities with Devil Doone

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 am Ron Carson-Gold aka Ron Carson. I had to look him up. An Australian author who specialized in Westerns. I am not familiar with his work. Seems he was born in 1913 and died in 1972. Sorry, I cannot be of more help.
No problem, Willjohn. My hope was to do something special for CSR old-timers, but it was very difficult finding suitable material and of course I couldn't get to everyone. Australia, being a continent as well as a country, is bound to somewhat isolated in certain ways from the rest of the world, especially in the pre-internet era. There were some Australian comics, but as they weren't generally exported to America (a few seem to have made it to Great Britain, our common mother country) they aren't very well known today. And that's a pity, because it looks like Devil Doone could hold its own with American adventure strips we've seen like Johnny Hazard or Captain Easy.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

One of the most popular Australian cartoonists of my childhood was Leonard Lawson. He had a successful comic called the "Masked Avenger" which was also a western. However, he was best known for being convicted of rape and murder. Nasty piece of work. Died in prison.