Such a fuss

Movies, Television, and Video, excepting Animation
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Such a fuss

Post by daneldorado »

Various message boards are reporting that, in the new movie The Descendants (2011), George Clooney actually "spanks" his on-screen daughter, played by the 20-year-old Shailene Woodley. This is assumed to be good news, since screen spankings are so few and far between nowadays.

I have not seen the movie. But from scanning the various message boards, both spanko and vanilla, we get the info that the "spanking" is not a spanking at all. It is only ONE SWAT. Who in the hell in Hollywood is it, that considers a single swat to be a spanking? And then makes a big deal out of it?

Wait, it gets worse. Reading another board, we learn that we don't even get to see the swat LAND!!

Folks, this is sneaky cinema deception at its ugliest. We keep reading that George Clooney "spanks" his new co-star; but apparently it is NOT a spanking, it's a swat that may or may not actually land on its target. We will never know, because we will never see it.

What is it going to take, to get Hollywood back with the program?

A REAL spanking is a fanny-whacking that is repeated, continuously and over a fair length of time, preferably a male spanking a female. And the movies HAVE shown us spankings like that, even in this new century. Consider Secretary (2002), Adrift in Manhattan (2007), Showtime's "Weeds" (2008), HBO's "Bored to Death" (2010), plus any number of South American telenovelas filmed in the last decade. In fact, just in this year's HBO version of "Mildred Pierce" (2011), Kate Winslet won an Emmy for her role in which she puts her 11-year-old daughter (Morgan Turner) over her knee and wallops her soundly. We don't usually mention child-spankings here, but it gives you an idea what a real cinematic spanking can look like.

Now, THOSE are "spankings." But a single swat to the seat of one's daughter -- which the audience never gets to see -- is definitely NOT a "spanking." If what I've written here turns out to be correct, please, everybody, STOP promoting this insult to our intelligence. There is NO spanking in The Descendants.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
overbarrel49

Re: Such a fuss

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Folks, this is sneaky cinema deception at its ugliest. We keep reading that George Clooney "spanks" his new co-star; but apparently it is NOT a spanking, it's a swat that may or may not actually land on its target. We will never know, because we will never see it.
hi Dan,

i haven't seen any ads claiming any spanking in this movie but from what you are saying there must have been some. if this is true, the people promoting the movie must realize the power to attract the viewer's interest that a spanking scene would have or it would not have been mentioned. that being the case, why the hell wouldn't they actually include a spanking scene. it sounds to me like they are such big chickens that they are afraid to actually do a spanking scene which just makes no sense to me. if the suggestion of a spanking scene is such a big draw, why wouldn't they know that an actual spanking would be better???? beats me. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

On the Backstage website, http://www.backstage.com/bso/news-and-f ... 1982.story we read "Shailene Woodley: There's a scene where George spanks me, and logistically it was hard to shoot."

On the Teen Hollywood site, http://www.teenhollywood.com/2011/11/21 ... -descendan
"But, there actually was one hard scene to film logistically speaking. It was a scene in the hospital where George gets mad at me and spanks me and the little sister goes 'You got served'."

But the SF&R Forum reports:

"I haven't seen this posted here, just got back from seeing The Descendants and in one scene George Clooney gives Shailene Woodley one smack on her *** after she asks him, "are you going to ground me? are you going to put me in time out?" After the swat she asks, "did you just spank me?" you don't get to see his hand land on her ***, but you do see him swat her."

That's what I meant, when I wrote: "Such a fuss." The first two websites report a "spanking," but the third one -- written by someone who has actually seen the film -- gives us the truth: It's only one swat, and we never get to see it land.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Such a fuss over The Descendents

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:What is it going to take, to get Hollywood back with the program?
Probably more courage than those gutless wonders who run Hollywood have, Dan. Although Secretary was distributed by Lion's Gate (as I remember it), it was more of an independent than a mainstream film. But how many independent films are produced in a year? (I have no idea myself - I don't go to the movies very often). For now, the independents may be our only hope.

[Note: I moved this topic over here to "Spanking In Media" leaving a link under "Miscellaneous Spanking", its original location]
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

You are so right WEB-ED !!!! When is Hollywood going to man up and let a leading actor spank a grown woman like they did in the pass and not for kinks but for discipline :evil: Seem that Hollywood knows how to peek the interest of it movie goers by mentioning a spanking in it movie so why not let Mr. Clooney spank his female co star`s behind :lol: Do you think many female viewers would complain :?: I think not in fact I bet many women dream of being spank by George Clooney and Hollywood should help them fulfill their fantasy :lol: And give us spankos something to spend are money on!!! I believe spanking is slowly making a come back and I can`t wait to see it on a major network tv sitcom or drama like Bones or House or Two and a Half Men also would love to see a remake of MClintock :lol: