Cherry Red Report

Any topics that do not fit under the other forums.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Wolfie138

Cherry Red Report

Post by Wolfie138 »

just a heads up in case anyone else is a fan of this site. i visit there every week, today my browser kicked out this :-

"Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for cherryredreport.com

What is the current listing status for cherryredreport.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 7 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-12-02, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-12-02.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including webarh.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including punishedbutts.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS22384 (NATIONALNET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, cherryredreport.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre."
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Cherry Red Report

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for the warning, Woflie. As a matter of fact, like you I also usually visit Cherry Red Report every week, although by sheer accident (and lack of time) I did not do so this week. Last night I confirmed this report, although today everything seems to be o.k. there. It seems likely that someone hacked into the CRR site and planted malicious code there. I sent a quick note off to Dave at his private email address asking about the situation, and I will report any update here.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Cherry Red Report

Post by web-ed »

Dave posted the following just after my previous post:
Hi all,
This site was maliciously hacked into several days ago, but the hounds have been released and the offending issue has been resolved, so I will be back to blogging spanky stuff as soon as possible. Yeah, I was freakin’ upset abut this, to say the least…..
Also, will be looking into ways of boosting security, to prevent this from happening again.
As an fyi, more information about this topic can be found at StopBadware.org
Thank you for your support and your patience!
Keep it cherry red,
Dave
Hackers are a severe problem - as you may have heard, two large banks had their websites hacked into just yesterday, apparently for political reasons. What the motive may have been at CRR, I can't say - perhaps it was pure malice. I hope these and other hackers get caught and punished with real prison time. It's time we took this problem seriously as a society.
-- Web-Ed