Wonder Woman

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Wolfie138

Re: Wonder Woman

Post by Wolfie138 »

pff, for all those put out by that pathetic issue, console yourself w/ the following. Photoshopped-in rope or manacles to the wrists would be perfect for the pose too.

web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

The Wonder Woman costume thread on Chross' forum that Tanner mentioned may be found here.

Wolfie - thanks for cheering me up with this WW image! That's the old, spank-worthy costume we all know and love.

And by coincidence, I received from Doctor Cylon today an animated version of one of his earlier works, in which Wonder Woman receives the paddle on her bare bottom! I'll add this to the existing page in Comics Gallery 1 as soon as I can.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

More on Wonder Woman's Costume

Post by web-ed »

Believe it or not, I'm just about talked out on this subject, something that has never happened before, so I'll try not to say too much more. For anyone who hasn't heard, DC is changing WW's costume. Dan N. alerted me (on Chross's forum) to the motivation behind this change being DC's desire to market WW overseas, and I pretty much hit the roof, having had my fill over the years of what I view as DC's anti-Americanism. JS666 said I was being too political, and he just might be right, although I think it's a pity if he is - with no disrespect meant to England, Canada, Australia, or any of our other allies in WWII (or anyone else, for that matter), the fact is that the comics medium is an American invention, DC is an American company, Wonder Woman chose to live in America and join the American military, and America is still the primary market for WW comics, movies, and merchandise. Loving this country should not be a controversial matter for Americans, in my view, and I think the evidence I adduced against DC in that particular post remains pretty cogent.

In fairness, I haven't been able to confirm this story from any official DC press release, and I don't have the time to research it any further, but here are two interesting items I did find. The first references DC's decision:
In addition, DC reportedly wants to make the character more contemporary and more suited for an “international film franchise.”
“The original costume was the American flag brought to life,” said [DC co-publisher] Lee. “This one is a little more universal.”
The second is from Gloria Steinem, no less, on the Business News website:
But Steinem isn’t too upset with the clothes. It’s the story change she really dislikes. Before, Wonder Woman had been raised on an island by her Amazon mother and sisters. Now, that island was destroyed when she was a baby, and she was shepherded off, to be raised elsewhere.

“It’s an exact copy of Superman who came as a baby from the exploding planet Krypton,” Steinem noted. “This destroys her home, her Amazon mother and sisters, and gives her no place to go to gain strength and create an inspiring storyline.”

The whole thing, she added, is based on “what seems to be the brainstorming of a very limited group of brains.”
So there you have it, and everyone should make up their own minds about DC's reasons for making the change. Maybe Steinem is right, and it's not anti-Americanism that's behind this change as much as "the brainstorming of a very limited group of brains.” I suppose this whole question really does go beyond the bounds of comic-book spanking, and would more properly be discussed in a general comics forum, which this isn't. I do try to avoid taking controversial political stands, since as I have written elsewhere, doing so risks needlessly pissing off at least 50% of my potential readership. So let's get back to WW's costume itself.

Let's consider the costume change from a purely spanking perspective:
Wonder Woman's new costume.
Wonder Woman's new costume.
wonderwoman_new_costume.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
Wonder Woman's old costume, as modeled by the wonderful Lynda Carter.
Wonder Woman's old costume, as modeled by the wonderful Lynda Carter.
wonder-woman-lynda_carter.jpeg (45.6 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
Which costume does WW look more spankable in? Whether OTK or holding ankles, I'd rather see her in this one any day:
Wonder Woman's old costume on the cover of WW #263, drawn by Jose Delbo.
Wonder Woman's old costume on the cover of WW #263, drawn by Jose Delbo.
wonder_woman_no263_cover_jose_delbo.jpg (88.21 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I find myself totally agreeing with the Steinem argument. I do not like some newbies coming along and tampering with someone's else's creation, and in this case totally changing it.
It would be like someone re-writing MacBeth and changing the events, and yet still calling it Shakespeare, to give one far-out example.
Don't like the new costume, or the new origin story.
Its like when a movie is based on a book and its not at all like the book. The scriptwriter has kept the title but changed the story beyond recognition.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

The funny thing is, I never paid much attention to Wonder Woman over the years, until I read that DC Comics was changing her costume "to make the character more contemporary and more suited for an international film franchise."

“The original costume was the American flag brought to life,” said [DC co-publisher] Lee. “This one is a little more universal.”

If you read between the lines, you'll see anti-Americanism in those two sentences. And THAT pisses me off totally, for the U.S.A. is the land of my birth, I served it in wartime, and I consider it the greatest nation on earth. So we have a comic-book heroine who wears the red, white, and blue? Why change it?

In my search for some iconic picture of Wonder Woman (not necessarily a spanking pic), I did find several, but this one, I think, is the best:
Wonder Woman2.jpg
Wonder Woman2.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 7276 times
web-ed
Site Admin

More on WW's Costume and Anti-Americanism

Post by web-ed »

Agreed. I think you've selected a good picture, although it's from her "intermediate" costume (with the modified "WW" on the bustier, a change which was motivated by trademark considerations) and ideally I'd like to see one with the original Eagle (our country's symbol) on it. Unfortunately, in my own collection I don't have many issues of Wonder Woman, and while I have a lot of old JLA issues, most of them were drawn by Mike Sekowsky, who by that point in his career seemed better at humor than sexiness. With time short, here's the best I can do with the Eagle and regular-cut panties (to accentuate long legs!), from Wonder Woman #229 (March 1977, art by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Vince Colletta):
Cover of Wonder Woman #229
Cover of Wonder Woman #229
wonder_woman_no229_cover.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 7273 times
09/21/2010 update - It was only today when reviewing this post one month later that I realized Wonder Woman was in bondage on the cover. I didn't consciously select it for that reason, and probably it's just accidental - given the large number of bondage covers, there's a good probability of selecting one even if you pick one at random.
Last edited by web-ed on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Noted bondage on cover.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Loved the original costume the way it called attention to her long, beautiful legs. The later briefer one gives a great look at her bottom cheeks though. So both have their strong points. But nix to the latest costume that covers those gorgeous legs of hers. Hope it soon gets discarded.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Reading through this Wonder Woman thread, I was surprised to find that THIS picture was not yet posted here. Dunno what this says about me, but in addition to any WW spanking pics, I was bowled over when I found this pic. See what you think.

By the way, I hope someone will take the time to read the tiny caption, in yellow just above the action.

Hope someone will comment.

Cheers,
Dan N.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

jimc wrote:

Wonder Woman Movie??? i remember several tv series (Lynda Carter/Lyle Waggonner; Cathy Lee Crosby/Bruce Boxleightner), but who is steve trevor in the movie (or who was wonder woman?)

Dunno about those old dudes, but there is a new, not-bad animated film called Wonder Woman (2009). As I say, the animated sequences are pretty good, and much better than TV cartoon series.

For this film, the voice of Steve Trevor is provided by Nathan Fillion, who many of you will know plays the role of Richard Castle in the ABC cop series "Castle."

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Wonder Woman Film, and Poster

Post by web-ed »

I missed the WW film because my interest in the products of Warner Animation gradually lessened the more familiar I became with them in the years following Batman The Animated Series. But I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap copy (because I'm a cheap guy), and report here if I find anything interesting.

On the poster with WW kissing Batman (the magnified caption says "Bruce"), I've seen it before. I really can't feel any excitement about it, although I can see where some might find the belt-to-belt contact, not to mention the placement of Batman's Bat-thigh in between WW's legs, to be a little risque. For me, these characters are too old, and these situations too worn-out, for me to be moved by them. Besides, although women into BDSM would be naturally drawn to Batman, a woman as powerful as Wonder Woman would more likely be attracted to the few men more powerful than she is, most obviously Superman. But really, this Silver-Age superhero ground has been gone over and over so many times that I just can't work up any interest in making yet another trip across it.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

How I loved today's (9/24) Wonder Woman getting paddled in her g-string by Doc Cylon. Loved too her pouty comment about it being unfair. A great other panel would have been one showing her with a pillow fastened to her sore bottom,standing, unable to sit.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

web-ed wrote:

although women into BDSM would be naturally drawn to Batman, a woman as powerful as Wonder Woman would more likely be attracted to the few men more powerful than she is, most obviously Superman. But really, this Silver-Age superhero ground has been gone over and over so many times that I just can't work up any interest in making yet another trip across it.

Remember, this is all fantasy. All of it. In real life, there is no amazonian Wonder Woman, there is no super-human Superman. It's all just the stuff dreams are made of.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Wonder Woman Animated Film

Post by web-ed »

I finally got a copy of this 2009 film (here is the website). It's not bad, but neither is it particularly good. It's a mishmash of Greek mythology, costumed super-heroes, and toned-down feminism, which when you stop to think about it was true of Wonder Woman even back in the 1940's. No spanking (or even spankable positions) here, though.

The animation was generally superior, but the storytelling was sometimes less than clear. When Steve Trevor is involved in a dogfight, it's hard to follow the scene because none of the planes have visible insignia (at least Trevor does wear the Stars and Stripes on his uniform). Also, some opportunities for dramatic build-up are lost in favor of sudden surprises, as for instance one Amazon's betrayal of her sisters because of her (assumed) passion for Ares, but this is a very common failing. The combat scenes are pretty well-done, although I think the two beheadings owe more to Frank Miller's ninja stuff in Daredevil than to Homer's graphic descriptions of ancient battles.

Speaking of those beheadings, while this film is rated PG-13, in my opinion the level of violence and occasionally suggestive dialogue (Trevor mentions Diana's "nice rack" while under the influence of the magic lasso) makes it unsuitable for most children under 15 or so.

One good thing about this movie is that after being lectured to and nagged by Diana and the other Amazons for what seems a very long time, Trevor does finally stand up for himself and the world of men. Yes, I wish he'd used a hairbrush or paddle on Diana's rear end to punctuate his tongue-lashing, but you can't have everything, and showing WW getting spanked is too much to ask of DC/Warner just now.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Well, jimc, I remember the Cathy Lee Crosby and the Lynda Carter TV versions, and the IMDb suggests there are two more Wonder Woman movies in "post production." But in addition to those, there is a little-known 2009 animated Wonder Woman film that is not as bad as it sounds.

This WW toon is more fluid than the standard Japanese "stop and start" cartoons we are used to. It has a real story, too, and check out the cast of voices:

Nathan Fillion, of "Castle", supplies the voice of Steve Trevor.
Alfred Molina, everybody's favorite villain, is the voice of Ares.
Keri Russell is Wonder Woman.
Rosario Dawson is Artemis.
Marg Helgenberger is the voice of Hera.
Oliver Platt is Hades; and get this:
Virginia Madsen is the voice of Hippolyta, WW's mother.

As I say, it's not a bad flick for this type of thing. And the voice cast is superb.

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Re: What the world truly needs is...[Wonder Woman]

Post by willjohn »

Tanner wrote:I have seen a story where Superman gave Wonder Woman a bare bottom spanking, complete with a picture. The funny thing was it included Batman watching and holding his hands over Robin's eyes, presumably so he wouldnt see what he shouldnt.
I would love to have seen Steve Trevor give her a spanking as Diana Prince. On one ep she was in a rather highcut in the back one-piece black bathing suit. Loved to have seen him turn that slice of exposed cheek fiery crimson.
I've seen that "Endart" picture. Superman looking stern as he lowered WW's pants, Batman with a grin like the Cheshire Cat, Robin jumping around like a kid upset at missing out on seeing it and a grumpy WW with her chin in her hand and a real "Oh, get on with it then " look on her face. Very human and very funny. :P
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Just a late remark here... I also own that Warner Bros-Bruce Timm "Wonder Woman" movie, and it is excellent, as is their earlier "Justice League" and "Justice League Unlimited" series. I would also recommend Les Daniels' book on the history of Wonder Woman, available at the library, Amazon.com, or Barnes and Noble, among others! ( http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/les-daniels/ )

As to her costume change, that may or may not last, but the Powers That Be accomplished what they intended: everybody was talking about it, and Wonder Woman suddenly showed up in a gazillion news and psuedo-news outlets. Same thing happend when they temporarily killed Superman, when they temporarily killed Captain America, when they temporarily killed Batman, and now that they've temporarily killed the Human Torch. Publicity and sales, baby. Sometimes, but not always, there's a decent story attached to the hubbub. Oh, I forgot, they did kill one of the Robins. Or maybe they brought him back. And killed him again.

DW
web-ed
Site Admin

Killed-Off Kharacters

Post by web-ed »

For some of my thoughts on these kinds of cheap publicity stunts, see Part 2 of my short essay "Still Spankin' After All These Years" on the second page of this topic.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Wonder Woman

Post by daneldorado »

A couple of years ago, some moron at D.C. Comics -- or maybe it was somebody in Hollywood, where many morons dwell -- decided to "update" Wonder Woman's costume. Since WW is a fantasy spankee for many of us, we've seen her over the knee of several superheroes, not in mainstream of course, but in fan fiction, including one toon by Y.O.S.

So these dicks out in La-la Land decided to change Wonder Woman's traditional star-spangled shorts to "more modern" LONG PANTS!!! Blehhhh!!! See the pic here, of Adrianne Palicki, who was to star as WW in a new NBC series.

Fortunately, saner minds prevailed, and according to cinemablend.com, the pilot for the proposed new series was "turned down" when it received lukewarm reviews from focus groups. NBC has dropped the project.

Still, at one point during the run-up to the pilot episode, Ms. Palicki posed in the traditional and PROPER Wonder Woman costume. Check it out, here.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Wonder Woman's Costume

Post by web-ed »

Yeah, there's really no comparison between the two costumes. The stupidity of Hollywood executives is truly astounding. It may be that it was DC co-publisher Jim Lee and some other DC execs who initiated the costume change, though - we had some discussion of the issue here (on the Superhero Spanking Forum) and on Chross' forum, but I won't insert any links since I may move this topic over there later.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

superman and wonder woman

Post by jimc »

hi everyone i found this one and i had not seen it before and i hope it is something that others have not seen either.here is the link http:www.comicartfans.com/Images/Catergory_25450/subcat_46743/Wonder%20Woman%&%20Superman%205.jpg. i found it doing a google search for comic art images and i found it on spanking, but i had to search through several galleries to find it. Hope this works. have a great day
Jim