Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/19/2013

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.

A grown-up "schoolgirl" gets the hick'ry switch in the Joe Shuster series, the thirty-seventh secretary spanking :!: from Humorama in the Morrice mini-series, and Tim's second Humorama pastiche are what we have this week. :)
  • The Joe Shuster series continues with Nights of Horror #13, "Patriarch of Sin", in which Ann seems a little too old to still be in school but not too old to be bent over for the switch!
  • Humorama Series #136: We continue our George Morrice mini-series with Secretary Spanking #37. This is Morrice's version of a Kirk Stiles cartoon in which a tardy secretary learns the strange penalty for lateness at her firm.
  • Humorama Pastiche #2 by Tim: Springtime means spring cleaning, during which a husband finds an old slipper and puts it to use spanking his wife.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!! Hope you watched The spanking of Francine by her Husband Stan on American Dad Missing Kink! Best episode ever 8-) Really hope other tv shows or cartoons follows! :D Joe Shuster really have some cool names for his fetish magazine series LOL ! and this one like the others is great ! Patriach Of Sin :twisted: the drawing is nice! kinda like the spanking taken place on the cover with the woman`s panty cover big bottom being switch :lol: seeing her over the desk is also nice and Shuster did a great job on giving the woman a very large rear to switch! the Headmaster who I think is Amish seem to be enjoying putting the switch to this big girl`s bottom that he had to pull down her panty in front of the class to finish the job :twisted: love the look on the boy`s face :lol: unlike most secretary spanking that take place over the knees of the boss George Morrice added a new twist by having her bent over bottom up with skirt and slip raise showing her panty with a sign telling people to slap her bottom :lol: what also make this drawing from Mr. Morrice great is that the seretary`s hands are chain to a wall leaving her plump rear defenceless :lol: the look of humiliation on her face makes this spanking drawing also great ! are those tears or sweat coming from her face :lol: love this drawing 8-) Tim Husband finds an old slipper and put it to good use drawing is very funny and good! like how the spankee long shapely legs are kicking wildly in the air as she is being spanked otk! wonder if that hole in the slipper like in some paddle make the sting more intense :lol: the spanker who is using the right hand to spank with looks kinda nerdy :lol: also like that Tim spoof an old magazine from the 30`s Should Wives Be Spanked!!!! 8-) YES! good drawing from Tim and I hope to see more!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i thought it was interesting that the 2 drawings from Shuster this week, one from the cover and one from the interior, seem to be from slightly different times. on the cover, the spankee seems to have pulled up her dress and is bending over. in the second pic she is bent over the desk and the school master is yanking down her panties so he can apply the switchs. i like this idea :D i like the way Shuster has drawn her clothes in the second drawing. the dress seems to be a thin, clingy fabric which outlines her body, especially her breasts, almost as well as if she was naked. then there are the sheer panties that are almost invisible 8-) . i love the expression of total shock and disbelief on the spankee's face as her panties come down :D . looks like the whole proceeding has the undivided attention of the student looking on :lol: . the desk doesn't look right. i think there is a line missing at the front corner of the desk nearest the viewer. that and the fact that the spankee isn't really lying on the desk but rather hovering over it, makes it somewhat confusing. in the Morrice, secretary spanking, i had to wonder just what was wrong with the 2 men standing there discussing all this. why were they not spanking that adorable bottom sticking out there :lol: . thanks for the timeline on this one. also, interesting information on the size of the pic in the digest. the spankee looks pissed to me :lol: i agree with you that Tim does indeed manage to evoke the feeling of the old spanking cartoons using only his finely-rendered pencils :D . i still think that they way he makes these look like one of the old Humorama publications is great too. i like the gag in this one also...........she should have thought this one through more thoroughly before questioning his reasons for saving this slipper :lol: . from the surprised look on her face and the way she's kicking i'd have to say her bottom is smarting :D . good drawing although i would have liked to have seen her dress raised and/or her panties lowered :D . good drawing Tim. keep up the good work. more good updates web-ed. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Once again, thanks for all the time and effort you put into these weekly updates!
web-ed wrote:The Joe Shuster series continues with Nights of Horror #13, "Patriarch of Sin", in which Ann seems a little too old to still be in school but not too old to be bent over for the switch!

The story was called "Patriarch of Sin" and it involved one of those hypocritical backwoods preachers more common in the feverish imaginations of the secular Left than in reality. Seth Parker, our "patriarch," seems to double as schoolmaster, probably so he can administer corporal punishment with the switch.
Yeah, I think you're right. While there have been examples in the news lately about clergy who abuse their power as "men of God", and take advantage of their parishoners, I believe that most of them are fulfilling their duties to the best of their ability, and do a great service to mankind.

That said, I like the way the woman is drawn. You're right, she does look a little too old to be one of the students. What was the story? Do you know? Is she perhaps another teacher? One who questioned the pastor's authority?
web-ed wrote:Humorama Series #136: We continue our George Morrice mini-series with Secretary Spanking #37. This is Morrice's version of a Kirk Stiles cartoon in which a tardy secretary learns the strange penalty for lateness at her firm.
I bet she'll think twice before hitting the "snooze button" an her alarm clock! I wonder if the boss did that INSTEAD OF or IN ADDITION TO putting her over his knee and spanking her himself? (Also... she should get some extra whacks for her fashion sense! A floral print blouse and a plaid skirt? @#$%! I'm a straight guy and I even know that's not right!)
web-ed wrote:Humorama Pastiche #2 by Tim: Springtime means spring cleaning, during which a husband finds an old slipper and puts it to use spanking his wife.
Good idea! I wonder what I could find in my house if I did a bit of spring cleaning? Heh heh! Thanks for posting this one... and thanks, Tim, for drawing it!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/19/2013

Post by web-ed »

Butch wrote:Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!! Hope you watched The spanking of Francine by her Husband Stan on American Dad Missing Kink! Best episode ever 8-)
I did manage to get it on a hard drive, Butch, thanks to you, and I imagine I'll be presenting an edited version of the spankings when I can get around to it. I've actually got a fair amount of video material stored up but have had no time to get to it because of the Humorama Series.

There are actually several Stan/Francine spankings in "The Missing Kink" and for the most part, they're not too bad. I think this is really due to American Dad not being particularly funny - as I will point out in a future article on Humorama, humor and eroticism are always somewhat at odds with each other. This is one reason why the spankings in The Simpsons haven't been very interesting - they're really quite funny (and they tend to be X/M). American Dad is highly thought of in some places, but I don't care for it at all and I don't see how anyone could think it was in the same league The Simpsons was during most of its years on the air.

There's also a lot of really gross stuff in "The Missing Kink" including some bizarre sexual deviations, plus some mistreatment of animals (which really bothers me more than the childish gross-out material). This is definitely not a show suitable for children. All of this will certainly be edited out when I present the spankings alone, which I think I can do under Fair Use. [Note: you cannot present the whole episode or even a substantial part of it on YouTube, for example, because it is copyrighted and Fox guards its material pretty jealously. You can see one clip of Francine being spanked on YouTube that Fox itself put there as advertising for the show.]

On Joe Shuster's art for Patriarch of Sin:
hugob00m wrote:That said, I like the way the woman is drawn. You're right, she does look a little too old to be one of the students. What was the story? Do you know? Is she perhaps another teacher? One who questioned the pastor's authority?
I don't know who the woman is, b00m - I think a student, and it's just as well for our purposes that she looks to be at least 18 or else I probably wouldn't have presented this scene. From the few other illustrations I've seen from this issue, Seth was a real terror and feared by most of the women in that small community. In two scenes he's shown tearing some woman's clothes off; in another his sermon arouses the men present to attack the women. That's some kind of preaching :!: :lol:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/26/2013

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • The Joe Shuster series continues with Nights of Horror #17, Hollywood Detective.
  • Humorama Series #137: We continue our George Morrice mini-series with some British-style humor as the family butler spanks the mistress of the house.
  • Humorama Update: Somewhat similar is this new scan of Morrice's Maid Spanks Miss.
British-style humor from George Morrice as the servants spank the Mistress and the Daughter of the house! After this, we're down to our last 10 Humorama spanking cartoons, unless I find something else in the next 10 weeks.

Next Week: the April Search Report; the 190th spanking cartoon from Humorama as Morrice depicts one man spanking another's exasperating wife (with her husband's approval!); Tim's 3rd Humorama pastiche; and the finale to the Joe Shuster Series with a strange publication called Rod Rule! Join me then, won't you? :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

more really interesting information about the Shuster drawings and the New York authorities. apparently it wasn't all that much trouble to get around the injunction :lol: . it's another strange drawing from my viewpoint. i agree with your 100% about the way they panties are drawn.... i don't like them at at all........and also about the spankee looking out of place. i think that either of the 2 girls on the cover look more natural than this one does. again, not much expression on the spankees face, at least that we can see. interesting series :D . i like the Morrice butler spanking :D . i mean, after all, no point in losing sleep over this when you have the butler to spank the missus :lol: Morrice doesn't spend the time on such things as the texture of her clothing the way Ward does but even at that i think her clothes are well rendered..............dress up, half slip, garters and hose are certainly good enough to get the reader thinking about what the young lady is wearing under that dress :D . the spankee appears a bit floaty but over all i like it :D . good job tracking down the first publication of the "maid spanks miss" drawing by Morrice :D . i do like this drawing, especially the size and and shape of the spankee's bottom as well as her shocked and dismayed expression :lol: . i too wonder about the caption and i have to tell you that i like the coming home late version best :D .
web-ed wrote:Next Week: the April Search Report; the 190th spanking cartoon from Humorama as Morrice depicts one man spanking another's exasperating wife (with her husband's approval!); Tim's 3rd Humorama pastiche; and the finale to the Joe Shuster Series with a strange publication called Rod Rule! Join me then, won't you? :)
i will indeed be joining you :D . good updates. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!! Can`t believe Night Of horror could be so Taboo back then compare to todays comics movies and videos :twisted: wonder did Ward and Stanton had trouble from the censors for their fetist arts :?: Anyway this week drawing from Shuster is ok! being how painful it must be for the spankee :lol: with her arms bind way over her head as she dangle onto a small bar :lol: can`t say I like the panty that she is wearing but her rear is nice and round :D the drawing isn`t as good as some of the other I saw but I do like the woman on the cover very shapely! Love the two drawing from Gearge Morrice even though they are of the same theme :lol: The first one of the Lady of the house being spanked by her Butler is good only I had to take a closer look to see that it was otk :lol: seem that she kinda floating on air istead of being planted firmly on the spanker`s lap! she doesn`t have much of a bottom but she is pretty and I like the shock look on her face as she clenching her purse while being spanked :lol: the second drawing is the best even though it f\f can`t understand why there are two different gags but I like them both :lol: Mr. Morrice in this drawing did give the spankee a very large well shape bottom plus her facial expression is great! the first of these gags is kinda like the Butler spanking only the girl`s mother left instruction to the maid to spank! the other gag center on the maid giving her mistress an old fashion spanking instead of a recipe :lol: look like the maid had to trap the spankee over her knees by bending up her legs! anyway great drawing by George Morrice! THANKS!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/03/2013

Post by web-ed »

April was a difficult but fruitful month here at CSR headquarters. First, the monthly report:

Pages searched: 7112
Total: 418410
Comic Spankings: 8

1. Jack Armstrong #13 (September 1949 Parents Magazine Press) – M/M paddling at high school initiation. Unknown boy/Billy Fairfield, paddle.
2. Popular Comics #12 (Jan. 1937, Dell) – F/M spanking in Harold Teen strip. Tough woman leaps to defense of her boyfriend and spanks unknown guy. Hand.
3. Cindy/Cherry in Smilin’ Jack #3 (July-Sept. 1948, Dell) – F/F
4. Jack/Cindy/Cherry in Smilin’ Jack #3 – M/FF
5. Popular Comics #94 (already in DB; need to update) Gasoline Alley M/M birthday spanking
6. Our Secret #4 (Nov. 1949, Superior Comics) M/F – new scan, plus we didn’t have publication info before
7. Boy Comics #40 (May 1948 Lev Gleason) – F/M Pete the Pig gets shanghaied because of his sailor suit, escapes and gets spanked by his mother.
8. Daredevil #24 (May 1944, Lev Gleason) – M/M Pa/Droopy in The Pirate Prince. Golden opportunity missed for the two-timing goldigger Estella who’s dating them both to get the spanking she deserved. Estella shown in bending-over position also. Hand.
9. Not a spanking, but Bullet Girl gets her fanny warmed by the Gag Man’s “electric chair”.

The most important items here are, of course, the new versions of the two classic spankings from Smilin' Jack. Since they were reprinted in comic-book format, they must have been from the Sunday strip originally, and it's the first time any of us has seen them in color. I'll try to post them this fall.

I didn't expect too much from either Boy Comics or Daredevil, because Charles Biro is not known to have scripted any spankings (though he drew the one from Sgt. Boyle, interestingly enough), and boy's adventure tales have few girls in them and don't readily lend themselves to M/F spanking. And I didn't find much: one F/M and one M/M, the latter particularly disappointing as there was definitely a missed opportunity in that story. Bad girl Estella is shown bending over in one panel, so I'll post that panel eventually in either "Missed Opportunities" or more likely a forthcoming "Non-Superheroines in Spanking Positions" special. These two and the other M/M scene from Gasoline Alley can be obtained by sending me a PM or email for those few who may be interested. I've also already added them to the Comics Spanking Data Base as I decided my old practice of announcing these discoveries and then putting them in the CSDB later was too inefficient since I was writing up the same scenes twice.

The M/F spanking in the 1949 romance comic Our Secret is excellent! We've seen it before, but now we have a new scan and the surrounding context as well as publication details we didn't have before. Now if I can only find the time to post it... :)

Finally, I always wanted to see Bulletgirl get spanked. I don't know why - it might have been that she wasn't very bright or that she was one of the very earliest female versions of a male superhero. Or maybe it was just that there wasn't any superheroine I didn't want to see taken OTK :) I don't believe it ever happened (I must have seen almost every Bulletman strip by now), but I found this story in which the villain has rigged a sort of "electric chair" in which only the seat is electrified. Bulletgirl unwisely sits in the chair, gets her bottom buzzed, and won't be sitting in another for awhile! :lol: I'll probably post this under "Missed Opportunities" on this board during Super-Spanking Summer III, which is scheduled to begin 4 weeks from tomorrow, on May 31.

Until then, we'll be concentrating on Humorama. I hope no one minds - between the series, the updates, and then the Joe Shuster series, we've been featuring spanking material from only one period, the 1950's, for about the past 10 weeks. I feel the importance of Humorama has justified this emphasis, but it's also caused me not to have posted any more modern spanking work for a while. That will certainly change during the summer, when we'll have at least one recently-produced superheroine spanking per week.

What do I have for you until May 31? More Humorama spanking cartoons, Jeff's Humorama Pastiche #4, and my own humble effort entitled Humorama Spanking Positions 2 - you won't believe the sheer number of lasses bending over I've compiled in one place :lol: :!:

Sorry to have gone for so long. For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • The Joe Shuster series concludes with a weird paddling machine in Rod Rule. Also, I reflect on the circumstances that forced Shuster to do this kind of work, and tell how his Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel was living during this time as well.
  • Humorama Pastiche #3: Tim is at it again with the spanking editor of Laff magazine.
  • Humorama Series #138: The George Morrice mini-series continues with a man spanking another man's wife - and her husband approves! This is the 190th Humorama spanking cartoon to be presented on CSR, and we're pleased to announce that due to recent discoveries we will in fact make it to 200!
Yes, one final part of the April Report I held back is that I discovered two more early Humorama spanking cartoons - by Frank Beaven! This was really a surprise, as I had expected another early one by Morrice perhaps, or an effort by Bill Wenzel from the 70's. But we'll gladly take it, and I can't tell you how relieved I am not to have to conclude the series at cartoon #199, as I had feared. So the count stands at 201 now.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

7112 pages searched..............WHEW! that sounds like a lot of work to me. hell, even just reporting on everything you found was a lot of work so please accept my thanks for doing this for us every month ;) . it's like my grandpa used to say, "thanks till you're better paid" :lol: . your comment......"but no one deserves to be at the mercy of government officials wielding arbitrary power. No wonder we hate New York!"......... sure does remind me of George Orwell or any of a number of totalitarian governments over the years................shiver :o . your information about Eddie Mishkin and your characterization of Maletta and Clancy as " little fish" was really interesting and i have a feeling that this is probably the way many of these "witch hunts" went down. i have a hunch that you are probably right about Shuster being relieved when it was all over without anyone knowing it was him. looking at his work in these publications, which is no where near as good as he could do, it seems obvious to me that he definitely had an attitude about having to do these and who could blame him. thanks also for the information about Jerry Siegel................also very interesting. as for the drawing...........the paddling machine is just absurd. too bad they never got a chance to see the Dan-O-matic. perhaps they could have come up with a GOOD spanking machine :D . it also seems obvious that the upside down spankee had originally been drawn in the up right position since that is the only way i can explain how gravity is pulling her breasts toward the ceiling . at least Shuster took the time to make it appear as if her hair was dragging the floor.......unlike the other drawings we've seen in this series. i like Tim's drawing this week and i too noticed the spanker's arm. it does appear a bit strange somehow but at the same time it also conveys his enthusiasm for this spanking very well :D . i also thought that it went with the rest of the spanker nicely. as in many of the Humorama drawings, the man looks more cartoony while the spankee is more sexy :D . as you mentioned, Tim has done a nice job of the OTK position in this one...........much better than most of the Humorama spankers and i just love the look of disbelief on the spankee's face and the fact that she kicked one shoe off :lol: . i like the way Tim conveys her raised dress and her panties, garters and hose :D . good job by Tim on this one.i got a kick out of the drawing by Morrice :lol: i thought it was particularly interesting that he conveys the spankee's shock and pain without showing her face at all :D . i have to wonder if once the spanking is over, the spankee is in for another one from her husband............this time with her panties down and her bare bottom up :D . good updates this time. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Wow, what a great job you're doing, Web-ed! You say you searched over 7,000 pages? That's an enormous undertaking, but you sure are doing what it takes!

When I was a young man, I would spend hours searching through old picture magazines, in those used book shops that would allow me in. After a while (maybe five years?) the proprietors would get to know me better, and they'd open their backroom doors and say: "Come right on in, Dan!"

Of course you know that my search was for pictures of pretty girls raising their skirts to show off their legs. It was a tedious, tiring search, but ultimately a fruitful one. Today I own more than 500 pics of pretty women showing us their legs, most of them from the 1930s. It has been a long time, and I've been watching and waiting for the "cheesecake" category to return to our modern media. Alas, it looks as if all we get nowadays are pics of girls in bikinis or less. Since I am not a fan of nudity, you could say that modern pictures do nothing for me. Ah, but your rediscovered spanking pictures are a tonic to cure my malaise!

This week's updates include a pic showing a near-nude female bound and hanging, upside down, and being paddled -- well, sort of -- by a machine. The art is okay, and I can only guess that the two pilings that support the paddles' arms are drawn as if to suggest a pair of male members :shock: .

As pretty as the lady's body is depicted here, I can't understand why the artist (Shuster) chose this angle. It looks as if the paddle on the left is merely grazing the girl's body, and the paddle on the right is missing her body completely.

Still, the artwork is good and the woman is pretty. As Phil said in another message, its a shame that Shuster never got a chance to see the Dan-O-Matic. Thanks, b00m and Phil, if you are reading this! If he had used the Dan-O-Matic (initials are DOM!), he could have added some spice to this cartoon by showing the lady in the OTK position, rather than hanging from the ceiling like a frozen salami!

As for the artwork by "Tim," I understand that he is attempting to replicate the style of some Humorama magazine covers, and I appreciate his efforts. But these pics are all rendered in pencil rather than ink, and they fail the aptitude test because of that. By the way, Web-ed, I know that you yourself have suspected that my own artwork is rendered in pencil, and that's true but it's only part of the story. The truth is, ALL of my artwork is a blend of pencil, India ink (usually Kohinoor), and Adobe Photoshop. As for "Tim," I like his zest and his dedication to this type of art; I know where he's coming from. But skillful use of a drawing pen, added to his skill with pencils, would do his art a world of good. Oh, and it would be nice if he took a few classes in human anatomy. In his latest toon we cannot tell whether the man's right arm is coming or going, nor where his elbow is.

As for the final toon in your Updates: I love this one from George Morrice, showing a man spanking another man's wife, just as hubby comes home. It's a very good example of a certain type of cartoon art, made even better when we see that the husband approves! Honey, hang in there... as soon as he's finished spanking you, then it will be MY turn! :D

In all, Web-ed, a fine week for the spankin' commonweal. Keep 'em coming. And don't ever think your fans are getting tired of tuning in. Right now, and for several years in the recent past, YOU are the finest advocate for the spanking of pretty girls... and I dread the thought that you would ever tire of this mission. That's why I say:

Keep the Faith!

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Thanks For Another great week of spanking 8-) Really love seeing some of Tim`s spanking arts 8-) he might not be one of the BIG FIVE!! but his art and humor is great :lol: like this drawing The spanking editor of Laff Magazine giving a spanking to Miss Blenkinsop for her article on spanking :lol: the guy must have felt that since she wrote about spanking that she might be into so he giving her want she crave :lol: love the over the knee position of the spankee and her curvy tush :D the spanker on the other hand :lol: is sitting ok but his arm seem to be twisted as he swinging the paddle onto Miss blenkinsop rear also like the look of joy on his face and the stun look on her`s :lol: Tim drawing to me plays more into satire making him a great artist for his wit and humor 8-) :lol: think that George Morrice could have made the husband shake the hand of the man spanking his wife when he was finish :lol: really like the look on all three of there faces and the wife was getting what she deserve :lol: the otk is good and the spanker is using the right hand :D the gag is funny!! now this guy knows what the husband have to put up with! :lol: good drawing! Thanks for the story on Joe Shuster after he left DC comic ! Don`t know why he name this drawing Rod Rule when it paddling that she getting :lol: you right Bilbrew drew plenty on lady being paddle by machines but this one by Shuster seem odd meaning I can`t see how the paddle are hitting her rear from that angle :? like how she is being spun around after each whack :lol:the lady is very beautiful and well built!she do look like Lois Lane who also was spanked by a Machine via Superman without the paddle :lol: Seeing women paddle by machine is good if it works :lol: remember seeing a drawing some time ago about this nerdy highschool guy who gets his revenge on two pretty Cheerleaders by tying them both bare bottom up over two stools as his invention a paddle machine power by bike power spanked thier rears :lol: ok drawing from Mr. Shuster!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 05/03/2013

Post by web-ed »

On Rod Rule:
overbarrel49 wrote:the paddling machine is just absurd. too bad they never got a chance to see the Dan-O-matic. perhaps they could have come up with a GOOD spanking machine :D . it also seems obvious that the upside down spankee had originally been drawn in the up right position since that is the only way i can explain how gravity is pulling her breasts toward the ceiling . at least Shuster took the time to make it appear as if her hair was dragging the floor.......unlike the other drawings we've seen in this series.
daneldorado wrote:This week's updates include a pic showing a near-nude female bound and hanging, upside down, and being paddled -- well, sort of -- by a machine. The art is okay, and I can only guess that the two pilings that support the paddles' arms are drawn as if to suggest a pair of male members :shock: .

As pretty as the lady's body is depicted here, I can't understand why the artist (Shuster) chose this angle. It looks as if the paddle on the left is merely grazing the girl's body, and the paddle on the right is missing her body completely.

Still, the artwork is good and the woman is pretty. As Phil said in another message, its a shame that Shuster never got a chance to see the Dan-O-Matic. Thanks, b00m and Phil, if you are reading this! If he had used the Dan-O-Matic (initials are DOM!), he could have added some spice to this cartoon by showing the lady in the OTK position, rather than hanging from the ceiling like a frozen salami!
butch wrote: this one by Shuster seem odd meaning I can`t see how the paddle are hitting her rear from that angle :? like how she is being spun around after each whack :lol:the lady is very beautiful and well built!she do look like Lois Lane who also was spanked by a Machine via Superman without the paddle :lol:
All of your criticisms are well-taken, and in a way it's too bad I ended the Joe Shuster Series with Rod Rule. This was certainly not Shuster at his best, even by Nights of Horror standards, and perhaps I should have presented Continental as the finale instead of the series opener. I wanted to present these items chronologically, and I wasn't sure exactly when Continental was printed. I have to wonder if Shuster did any other adult material that we don't know about yet? More spanking material from the 50's or 60's would certainly be welcome, but I'm not aware of any. Perhaps most of what was being done was by Stanton, Bilbrew, and others.

On Tim's Laff magazine:
overbarrel49 wrote:i like Tim's drawing this week and i too noticed the spanker's arm. it does appear a bit strange somehow but at the same time it also conveys his enthusiasm for this spanking very well :D . i also thought that it went with the rest of the spanker nicely. as in many of the Humorama drawings, the man looks more cartoony while the spankee is more sexy :D . as you mentioned, Tim has done a nice job of the OTK position in this one...........much better than most of the Humorama spankers and i just love the look of disbelief on the spankee's face and the fact that she kicked one shoe off :lol: . i like the way Tim conveys her raised dress and her panties, garters and hose :D . good job by Tim on this one.
daneldorado wrote: I understand that he is attempting to replicate the style of some Humorama magazine covers, and I appreciate his efforts. But these pics are all rendered in pencil rather than ink, and they fail the aptitude test because of that. By the way, Web-ed, I know that you yourself have suspected that my own artwork is rendered in pencil, and that's true but it's only part of the story. The truth is, ALL of my artwork is a blend of pencil, India ink (usually Kohinoor), and Adobe Photoshop. As for "Tim," I like his zest and his dedication to this type of art; I know where he's coming from. But skillful use of a drawing pen, added to his skill with pencils, would do his art a world of good. Oh, and it would be nice if he took a few classes in human anatomy. In his latest toon we cannot tell whether the man's right arm is coming or going, nor where his elbow is.
butch wrote:like this drawing The spanking editor of Laff Magazine giving a spanking to Miss Blenkinsop for her article on spanking :lol: the guy must have felt that since she wrote about spanking that she might be into so he giving her want she crave :lol: love the over the knee position of the spankee and her curvy tush :D the spanker on the other hand :lol: is sitting ok but his arm seem to be twisted as he swinging the paddle onto Miss blenkinsop rear also like the look of joy on his face and the stun look on her`s :lol: Tim drawing to me plays more into satire making him a great artist for his wit and humor 8-) :lol:
Interesting to know some of the details of how your artwork is done, Dan. Tim did study drawing - what I don't know for sure is what order he did these pastiches in (he did 11 all together), or if he may have done the early ones before he completed his studies. I seem to remember Michael, the friend of Tim's who sent me Tim's work, mentioning something like that. I'm sure I had alternate versions of at least a couple of these before I coded the final page (I coded the first four back in February), and I used the later version in those cases.

In the case of our spanker and his elbow, I thought Tim might have modeled him on Earl Engleman's A Spanking Breeze. Engleman was certainly no anatomist, and he got by mainly by directing the reader's attention to the large busts and behinds of his female characters. Like Ward and Wenzel, Engleman continued to do girlie cartoons after Humorama stopped buying so many, but his later work was not up to the level of what he had done at Humorama. Anyway, I'm guessing that Tim may have used a specific Humorama "spanker" for each pastiche he did, and perhaps adapted just a little of each artist's style, but he did not attempt a direct imitation or parody, nor did he try to duplicate the artists' technique with pen and ink or inkwash.

On the April Report:
overbarrel49 wrote:7112 pages searched..............WHEW! that sounds like a lot of work to me. hell, even just reporting on everything you found was a lot of work so please accept my thanks for doing this for us every month ;) .
daneldorado wrote:Wow, what a great job you're doing, Web-ed! You say you searched over 7,000 pages? That's an enormous undertaking, but you sure are doing what it takes!... In all, Web-ed, a fine week for the spankin' commonweal. Keep 'em coming. And don't ever think your fans are getting tired of tuning in. Right now, and for several years in the recent past, YOU are the finest advocate for the spanking of pretty girls... and I dread the thought that you would ever tire of this mission. That's why I say:

Keep the Faith!
Thanks guys! 7000 Golden Age comic pages in one month is more than I'm used to doing these days, although two years ago during the height of the Great Golden Age Search I was actually doing 1000 pages per day until I had gone through all 300,000 pages or so that were available at that time :!: At this point, I try to review newly-digitized comic books as they become available, and hope I'm not searching through new versions of books I already searched in the past. It's still a lot of work, but as you can see from the Report, there's a few choice nuggets that make it seem worthwhile.

And Dan, thanks especially for your kind remarks. While I'm very discouraged about a lot of things right now, like the state of our poor country which seems to be sliding further downhill every day, doing CSR is the one thing I'm NOT discouraged about! I sometimes worry about running out of material, but that isn't going to happen any time soon, so rest assured that I will indeed be keeping the faith - the spanking faith! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/10/2013

Post by web-ed »

• Right after I posted Herc Ficklen's Fly-Swatter Spanking in March, CSR Resident Artist Hugob00m made some enhancements. I should have posted B00m's version the following week (it was already available here on the board), but because I tend to do Humorama updates in alphabetical order based on what I have in my files, I forgot and did some Bill Ward instead! Let's fix that now and see what B00m did to fix Ficklen's fly-swatter flogging! :)
  • Speaking of Bill Ward updates, here's one in which borrowing a girlfriend's boyfriend results in a spanking! New scan from this cartoon's final appearance in 1978!
  • Humorama Series #139: The George Morrice mini-series continues with a man who doesn't waste time moping - he gets right down to spanking! Another CSR first with another cartoon that has never appeared on the web before! :)
"Only" three updates this week, but they're all good ones, and probably none of you have seen the Morrice cartoon before. Nonetheless, I'm going to be cranking it up a notch beginning next week and lasting all through summer: it's going to be four or more updates per week, including some special stuff. Don't ask me how I'm going to keep up that pace, because I don't know! :)

Next Week: Another Morrice spanking cartoon that has never appeared on the web before; an update to the Kirk Stiles cartoon which inspired it; an update to Dan DeCarlo's "Really, Charles"; the 4th Humorama pastiche from Tim; and I completely redid my first video, the one of DC comics spankings, making it exclusively X/F with different music and other changes as well. I'm still deciding what video formats to offer besides WMV, if any - more on that next week.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

looking at Boom's redo of Ficklen's drawing, it's amazing how few carefully executed changes can make a world of difference :D . WOW!..........just look at that shapely, round spank spot 8-) ............and her face is much more expressive and goes with the new caption so well :D . you can tell she's really loving this whole thing and hoping to love it even more ;) . great job Boom! i liked the information you posted with the Ward drawing this time. it's interesting how long and how many times they used the same drawings. this one is a much better scan than the original one you have posted. good OTK by Ward and i like how he has the spankee holding on to a chair leg :D . both spanker and spankee are beautifully drawn. Ward did a great job on the expressions.......the look of disbelief of the spankee and the happy enjoyment of the spanker :D . nice, round, feminine bottom on the spankee and as usual the textures of the clothes are soft, feminine and clingy.............i especially like the panties 8-) . i think this is one of the best by Ward :D . thanks for the new drawing by Morrice and all the information that went with it. it's amazing that you can continue to come up with never seen material :D . i have to agree with your assessment of the merits of this drawing but i will say that i think Morrice was right on with the expressions. our spanker looks pissed which would explain him not wasting time on frills and extras like discussion :lol: his expression says he's planning on blistering her bottom and her expression says she KNOWS he's planning on blistering her bottom :lol: . great updates this week :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Big THUMBS UP To HugobOOM for his super up grade of Herc Ficklen`s Fly Swatter Spanking 8-) Love how the dress in HugobOOM`s drawing shows off the secretary`s large well form buttocks this highlight a spanking drawing especially to a spanko 8-) can`t wait to see this rear spanked :D next the gag being the spankee is the one in charge telling the spanker he doesn`t have to use sly tricks to spank her just turn her over the knees :lol: what a invite! :D The Herc drawing is still great but this one is much better! great job HugobOOM!!!! Bill Ward`s Girl Spanks her freind for Borrowing her boyfriend drawing is great!!! good otk position of the spankee who is laying flat across the lap of the spanker :lol: also like the bulging buttocks of the spankee in her tight panty! the second scan of this drawing is better being unlike the black panty she wearing in the first scan you can see her bottom more :D love the look on the spankee knowing she been caught with her best friend boyfriend! the setted do look like it back stage maybe at a club! anyway this is a great drawing from Ward eventhough it F\F :) Seem the guy in George Morrice doesn`t mooch around but get down to business when it come to dishing out a spanking :lol: too bad this isn`t one of Mr. Morrice best drawing but it still good :lol: the position is off with spankee not really over the spanker`s lap aslo she doesn`t have such a good rear :( don`t know why the spanker is sitting on a matress maybe this is why the position is arward!do like the expression on the spankee face and how the spanker is spanking her with hand up high! all and all not a great drawing but good :lol:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

???

What am I missing, here?

In the Herc Flicken cartoon that shows a pretty lady standing in front of her file cabinet and joshing her boss for "pretending you saw a fly on my rear end," she seems to be saying that there is NO fly. And yet... don't we see a dead fly, lying on the floor right where it would have landed, if "Mr. Leary" had actually swatted it on her bottom?

The "dead fly" appears in both the original toon and in b00m's artistic update.

Naturally, I don't care if there is or is not a fly in a toon. I just like the idea that this old guy is going to get a chance to put this blonde bombshell over his knee and do a proper job! :D

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/17/2013

Post by web-ed »

We went a little crazy and did five updates :geek: . For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: New scan of Dan DeCarlo's Really, Charles.
  • Humorama Update 2: Kirk Stiles' Secretary Spanking #29. New scan and both the original and second printings are now identified.
  • Humorama Pastiche #4: Expressionism meets Humorama as a spankee gets butterflies in her stomach.
  • Humorama Series #140: The George Morrice mini-series continues with a park ranger who posts one "No Trespassing" sign and ignores another to deliver a spanking. Another CSR first with another cartoon that has never appeared on the web before!
  • Video Extra: To whet everyone's appetite for Super-Spanking Summer III, which begins in two weeks, I've completely redone my Spankings in DC Comics video. I was never satisfied with the original version in which I put too much emphasis on making DC look ridiculous, so I got rid of all the Super-Tot stuff and stuck to the 24 examples where an adult female gets spanked. I also redid the opening and closing sequences and added a new soundtrack. And for the first time, I posted it to YouTube as well!
A further note on video formats: as of last week, I was still trying to see if I could offer this video in the popular Flash Player as most professional web pages do these days. It turns out to be surprisingly difficult, and the code people put out there to do this simply doesn't work (I spend a lot of hours coding and re-coding, to no avail). You can get a tool from Adobe to code the player for you, but I decided against it as it shouldn't be all that complicated. Really, a dozen or so lines of code should do it, and probably will do it, but unless I understand what each and every one of those lines is doing I'm not adding them to any pages in CSR! Call me a stubborn and old-fashioned systems guy, but I feel code should be properly documented, and if Adobe won't do that, then I'm going to stick with the Windows Media Player, whose main drawback is that it only works with the Internet Explorer browser, whereas the Flash Player works in all major browsers. I'm not trying to promote Microsoft here, but right now I have to say I prefer their Windows Media Player to Flash Player.

I also tried the Kaltura Player, which may be the wave of the future when HTML5 becomes standard, but I couldn't get it to work properly either. Again, the documentation is surprisingly poor - a lot of good programmers are very bad at written communication.

Finally, I retired the Real Player version as this format is disappearing fast.

For those CSR readers who don't use IE as their browser (maybe 40%), I've uploaded the video to YouTube and embedded the YouTube player (which they make very easy to do, unlike Adobe with Flash Player). By doing this I meet these readers' needs while also promoting CSR on YouTube. This is probably what I'll be doing with future video efforts, which will have to wait until fall.

Next Week:
  • The strangest of all the spanking cartoons by George Morrice, as a girl who doesn't seem to think much of her boyfriend's spanking prowess is due for a rude awakening! Another never-before-seen Humorama "spanker".
  • An update to another Morrice cartoon we posted some time ago - without a caption. When we got this new scan to our surprise we saw the spankee-wife was actually reminding her spanker-husband of her misdemeanors for which she needed to be spanked!
  • And finally, there's a whole lot of bending over going on, even for CSR, as we present Humorama Spanking Positions 2! You won't believe how many examples of models and cartoon girls in the bending over position we've found: Fifty images accompany our erudite discussion of this subject, along with some unexpected surprises like another Playboy Playmate who assumed the position in the pages of Humorama, more about Julie Newmar, and one of the fifties' fittest models bends all the way over!
See you then :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i must say i like "Really Charles" :D . as you pointed out, her bottom is nicely showcased and i like the depiction of her panties, garter belt and hose 8-) . our spanker does indeed seem to be enjoying the whole process and why not :lol: . our spankee, on the other hand seems to be a bit worried and from her expression i'd say she lacks confidence in her ability to get him to put his foot down rather than spanking her :lol: . there were some things about this one that seemed typical of the early 60s time period...........the art work on the wall for example :D i particularly like the depiction of the couple hugging. if i were doing such a drawing these days i might have used some depicting spanking however............perhaps some of Miss Johnson or O. T. Katie 8-) . the other part i thought was typical of the period was in the caption where she acknowledges his right to reprimand her and is just hoping to talk her way out of a spanking. it all seems right to me :D . thanks for the good detective work finding the origins of the printings on the Stiles secretary spanking ;) . i always liked the bottom on this spankee :D . i like the angle on Tim's latest drawing. it's nice to look straight on and see the curves outlining the spankee's bottom :D . from her expression, it appears to me that the spankee is actually savoring those butterflies 8-) . i don't think i've ever seen this kind of butterflies depicted like this and it seems to me to be a rather original and interesting way to show what's going on :D . i like the expression of righteous indignation on the face of the spankee after having her no trespassing message violated :lol: . perhaps she will now understand why she is getting spanked for her own violation 8-) . nice, round bottom on this one. the hand holding her dress up looks really odd............like it isn't attached to his arm any more?? good find.....i appreciate this CSR first :D ! i also appreciate the new version of the super spankings video and all the work it took for you to put his together for us :D . great updates this week. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Love the Tim spanking drawing of Spankee Gets Butterflies in Her Stomach! Seem to me that the artist Tim finds a way to make a spanking drawing better :lol: like how the position is shown from the spankee pain face to her to large swell panty clad buttocks 8-) the only problem I have is that the spanker`s feet should have been planted instead of tuck in under the chair giving him support to hold her :lol: GREAT DRAWING!! The lady In the George Morrice drawing would have been better off stuffing a book down her panty than posting that No Trespassing sign on it :lol: love her facial expression knowing she is going to be punish for breaking the law :lol: also love the otk position with large bottom up high! she must have known she was going to get a spanking so she tried to out smart the Ranger only to fail!! Great drawing Great humor :lol: the other drawing this one from Kirk Stiles also have a woman namely a secretary with a sign on her shapely rear but instead of no trespassing she want a raise :lol: this drawing from Stiles looks as though the secretary has the upper hand :lol: meaning she asking her boss for more money for the spanking that he is giving her :twisted: love the loook on the boss`s face! this is a good drawing from Kirk Stiles even though it not otk but the secretary do have a nice big rear and the boss spanking it soundly! she doesn`t seem to mind! Thank for the DC comic spanking video wish there was a Marvel one to :lol: Can`t wait for The Super Summer Spanking 8-)