Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed.

very nice, playful looking young lady in the Garvey drawing..................and as you mentioned, a very spank-able bottom :D great coloring by doc Cylon too. as you mentioned, every spanker would certainly know what to do with a young lady dressed like this, especially considering her request. besides, she's not even wearing any panties :D . on the Ward secretary spanking, i too noticed that her face looks much like a man :?: perhaps that's why he left his signature off :lol: . i don't like the position either and of course, the whole premise is a cop out. if he wants to spank her, he should just turn her over his knee. in the maid spanking i like the expressions. he is obviously enjoying himself :D and she has a bit of an "oh brother" look on her face :lol: . she must be a gymnast or at least have a lot of upper body strength to maintain that position :lol: . as for the romance comic spanking.................don't you just love it when a naughty girl gets the spanking she deserves :D . thanks for posting the whole story there. good updates again. i appreciate it. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED!! Nice adult schoolgirl drawing by Kieth Garvey Wonder did Doctor Cylon used a ruler on those nice round buttocks of her`s? :lol: Any secretary that wears an outfit like the one Bill Ward`s secretary was wearing need to be spanked :lol: Didn`t care to much for this spanking on the fact this is more a slap on the fanny maybe if he use a ruler and she was dress in a tight skirt it might have been more better :x The second Ward`s spanking of the maid was much! much! more like it nice otk eventhough she could have been bent more down and on his knee great bottom wrap in a tight maid dress :D Ward`s women are sexy and very spankable especially in the otk position ;) Love seeing a cowgirl spanked especially in a romance comic great otk of the spoild woman with rump in place to recieve some hard whack from the hero also nice facial express and protesting from the spankee :lol: like it when the lady falls in love with the guy who spanked her now thats romance!! Too bad todays comic don`t feature something like that 8-) THANKS!!!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/11/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).

First, since the official update is tomorrow, although I have no special material appropriate to the occasion, we honor our veterans this Veterans Day (tomorrow in the U.S., and I believe it is known as Remembrance Day in Canada and Australia). It is only because of them that free nations have remained free.

And now, the weekly updates:
  • A young lady wanders into Doctor Cylon's playroom by mistake, with predictable results.
  • Humorama Series #60 - Secretary Spanking #26 (spanked on top of the desk) by Bill Ward - another one from Mike's collection.
  • Humorama Series #61 - when a young wife washes out her husband's pipes, she is bent over a chair for a good spanking! The last of our Bill Ward Humorama cartoons (unless we discover some new ones) and probably his best utilizing the bent-over position.
  • A strange, unidentified comic-book office spanking panel, probably from the 1950's. The spankee willingly bends over for a good whack with a book, then implores the spanker to go harder - wild! I held off on this one for a long time, trying to track it down, but I've come up empty. I believe it to be a late 50's Atlas (later Marvel) book, but I can't nail it down.
  • Josie and the Pussycats animated cartoon - no true spankings, alas, but bad girl Alexandra does feel plenty of sting in her caboose. Discovered by Robin and edited by (who else?) Web-Ed.
  • A memorial gallery of Jon's (UASketcher) work - 25 spanking drawings and animations, all X/F. As I mention on the memorial page, Jon did non-spanking work as well and his spanking drawings were not all X/F, but I think they do represent him at his best. He left behind a large volume of unpublished work, but as it is not in my possession I don't know what will become of it.
Two recent changes: I moved the "Go directly to latest updates" link a little higher on the Home Page so you're sure to see it when you first enter the page. You can click on this to avoid having to manually scroll down to the updates. Also, I've been adding return links to the Home Page at the top of each individual page as well as return links to the relevant index page. Thus, you can easily navigate backwards from either the top or the bottom of each regular (non-index) page. I'm not planning to retrofit all the old pages, however, because there's no quick way to do it, so on the old pages the links will be at the bottom only, which still seems to me to be the logical place to put them since that's where you wind up when you've read the entire page.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i was just looking at the doc cylon pic. good lord, her breasts are bigger than her bottom cheeks :lol: . it sure "looks" like it should have been animated. in the Ward secretary spanking you mention that it would have been better for him to use an implement in this position. he may be too dazed to find one after his wife beat the hell out of him......................or perhaps she broke it over his head from the way he looks :lol: . anyway, that's a nicely shaped spankee with the puzzled expression on her face. he just looks pissed............after all it was her responsibility to keep a look out. he was too busy :lol: .in the pipe washing pic i loved the positions of spanker and spankee both. now, we have 2 scans of the same pic. i opened both of them. perhaps i am imagining it but it seems to me that the wide eyed, innocent expression of surprise on the spankee's face is more pronounced and generally conveys this better in the top pic. on the other hand the spanker's expression of evil delight seems better in the bottom pic.i think it has something to do with the shading which has changed do to the different scans. did any one else notice this about these pics? i have to tell you that i experience this when working with poser too. sometimes just the slightest change of camera angle or lighting will ruin a great expression. also, i often save those expressions to use in later pics but almost invariably wind up having to modify them in a different setting with a different spankee and different lighting. btw, did i miss it or is there no signature in this pic? interesting "unknown" spanking with a book. it does seem completely elusive though. perhaps we'll run into the whole thing one of these days. nice caboose collection. you'd think that with that obvious preoccupation with the aforementioned cabooses, there would have been some spankings................sigh.thanks for the gallery of Jon's drawings. it brought a smile to my face :D . good updates again this week. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB- ED Thank goodness the young woman in Doc Cylon`s playroom didn`t have to bend over for her spanking because she would have tip over due to her extremly large breasts :lol: Nice drawing but would love to see her in a otk position! The Bill Ward`s Secretary spanking is good although she is kneeling on a desk instead of being over his lap.Love that she is being spank on nice lace panty also like the low cut dress she is wearing :D and you are right a ruler or paddle would have been better to use in the position she was inSame gose for his other drawing of a young wife bent over a chair being punish for cleaning her husband pipes great position with bottom up high waitng to be spanked :D The husband should have used a cane or switch intead of his hand to spank his wife. Great expression on the husband`s face showing he is enjoying himself doing this :lol: Is this a theme of women bent over for thier punishment :lol: LOVE!!! The secretary bent over a chair comic book and wish to have seen more panel leading up to why she is being spank! Nice position long skirted bottom up like that the spanker is using a clip board to spank with :D Judging by her words for him to spank hard because she deserves it make me think did she paid him $ 100 to spank her :?:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Thanks again for this week's update. I look forward to seeing them. Those were a nice couple of Bill Ward comics to end on. Even though Ward isn't my favorite, I do admire his ability to draw women's legs wearing black nylon stockings. He was better at it than any of his peers... and in general, his technique with ink washes was consistantly superb.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/18/2011

Post by web-ed »

Six pretty big updates this week as the ongoing Humorama Search turns up plenty of Homer Provence (two updates and two new pages) and our hunch from years ago that there was probably a Plastic Man (M/F) spanking scene is finally proven right (thanks to Johnny Ola). For links please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).
  • Doctor Cylon gives an animated double-spanking, once by hand and the second time with a paddle.
  • New scan of a new secretary spanked her first day on the job - more from Homer. We found this during the Humorama Search.
  • New scan of Homer's birthday spanking - very similar to Humorama #63 below, and also something we found during the Humorama Search.
  • Humorama Series #62 - secretary spanking with a homey touch by Homer Provence.
  • Humorama Series #63 - a loving spanking, by Homer Provence. This one is JimC's favorite!
  • Finally - a Plastic Man M/F spanking! We'd given up on ever finding one, having ransacked almost all of Plas's comic-book appearances, only to have Johnny Ola point out that we'd completely overlooked this one. Our face is as red as the spankee's bottom! Here's how it happened: in conducting the Great Golden Age Search, we could only allow 2 seconds per page as we were going through 1000 pages per day, and this was sufficient to catch any classic OTK poses. But we forgot that Plas could mold his body into any shape, and while simultaneously fighting the male gangsters and spanking the female one he didn't have the luxury of ideal positioning, as you can see for yourself.
  • Also, if you're new to CSR, don't forget to check out the Resident Artists galleries here on this forum. Dan, b00m, and Phil (Overbarrel) have been pretty busy over there posting more great spanking stuff!
The Supergirl Silver-Age Spanking Search continued this past week as I waded through more rotten issues of Jimmy Olsen, naturally without success. I also expanded the search to cover all of Supergirl's Bronze-Age appearances in Adventure Comics (most of which I already had, but I have another couple of issues left to search), and here I did actually experience some success, if you want to call it that: I found a new spanking, all right, but it was a M/M alien father / alien son. The plot was similar to the attempted F/M alien brat spanking in Action Comics #363 a couple of years before, but this time Supergirl just rats out the boy to his father instead of taking him over her knee herself. Either way, it sure isn't what we wanted to see, but it did take DC to its 50th anniversary: yes, this was the 50th spanking in a DC comic book. Congratulations, DC! :lol:

I sure won't be posting this one - in fact I didn't even bother scanning it - but it's logged in the Comics Spanking Data Base for any brave souls who can stomach the details (search for "Adventure Comics").

Next Week: I'll be continuing the Humorama Search having obtained four more old Humorama digests. At this point I don't really expect to find any new "spankers", but you never can tell. The Humorama Series itself moves on to the work of Bill Wenzel and switches to one new entry per week from the two per week pace I've been keeping (with some updates to existing Humorama pages). At this rate, the series will go on for about another year and I hope by the end of it to have presented all or almost all of the Humorama "spankers". Remember that there are 54 I put out there before the series even began, so as of this week a total of 117 have already been posted. As we approach the Thanksgiving season, let us give thanks that Abe Goodman bought so many of these things :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i gotta admit that doc cylon knows how to pic a lady for an animated spanking :D . i like the coloring too. Homer has a great idea here with his secretary spanking. after all, if it works for newlyweds why not with new employees :lol: . i like the birthday spanking. nicely shaped bottom on the spankee and i like the way the skirt is hanging although it would have been nice it he had raised it a bit higher. the spankee does have an enthusiastic grin as you mentioned. so does the spanker but his also has that look of a hound dog looking in a butcher's window :lol: . the spankee in the "homey touch" drawing does have kind of a noncommittal expression as you mentioned although i thought she might be just a bit surprised. her co workers watching from the background have have no such problem and actually seem right at home with it all and even somewhat pleased :D . i'm assuming that it is the woman in the red outfit and the big smile in the background who is speaking. is it my imagination or is there something wrong with the spankee's legs in this one. there 's something about her thighs or her position or maybe the tops of her hose that bothers me about this one. it almost appears that her thighs are too long. i'm not sure. anyone else notice anything wrong in this one? Jim's favorite is a nice scene for sure. i have to agree that this "substantial relationship" between spanker and spankee that you mentioned is the best basis for a spanking, whether playful or punishment :D the plastic man scene is a pretty busy one. it would have been difficult to spot the spanking in this one in 2 seconds for sure. it took me even longer to determine just who was getting spanked once i did see it :lol: damn nice of him to give her a pillow :lol: good updates as usual. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks a bunch, Web-ed, especially for posting those spanking pics by "Homer." I have always liked his work, partly because I get the sense that his spankings are all consensual, or nearly so. And here you have given us FOUR (4!) of them. Zowie!

Cheers,
Dan
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Really liked the one with the secretary being spanked the first day on the job. Her rather sultry Latina look added to the beauty of it. And the one with the homey touch was great too-as much as I love the idea of women getting spanked wearing contemporay fashion, there is just a great appeal to those older ones that display lingerie and other attire of past days.
You are so right about some Human Resources types and how uptight they'd be if someone were to make even the most innocent mention of spanking at the workplace. Recall one like that at a job I had- she didn't think male employees should even LOOK at female employees it semed like. To be fair with her, she was probably under orders from some higher up CEO who wanted a CYA policy to prevent even the remotest possibility of a sexual harassment lawsuit.
Very easy to see how the Plastic Man spanking could be missed-it took awhile to find it. More than the actual spanking, the "pillow scene " was what made this cartoon.
That would be something worth looking into- finding more after-the-spanking comics, cartoons, etc involving pillows. Spankees sitting on them, carrying them, or wearing them(like the SeaHag in that Popeye one).
The pillow tied to an injured butt gag is sometimes seen in comics-but female ones I haven't seen that I recall.
Back to Plas Man, always like to see female crooks getting spanked. Was watching some old 1940s westerm movie about Billy the Kid which had a female leader of a bandit gang. Was hoping that the movie would end with her being brought to justice and given a spanking over the knee of the heros. Instead, she died in a shoot-out with the posse. Sad.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into these weekly updates. I'm glad to see that you've included some high-resolution scans of Homer this week. He's one of the artists that I have mixed feelings about... since he draws women with much thinner hips than I prefer, but then he dresses them in lacy black panties! And I do like the faces he puts on his women. The lady in the birthday cartoon looks so pleased with herself as she informs him that her birthday is actually on the following day. (Most likely, she's setting herself up for a second spanking on the next day!) My favorite Homer cartoon is the Morse Code one. The lady has a little more shape than most of Homer's women, and she seems downright happy that he's telling her he loves her with a spanking

As usual, the better the scan, the more you can see the penstrokes and brushstrokes of the artist.

And you're right about the Plastic Man strip. It's hard to tell at a glance that there's a spanking in that one panel... and it's even harder to tell that in one of the following panels, she's been tied to a chair with a pillow considerately placed underneath her punished bottom! It's great, once you realize it's there.
jimc

Post by jimc »

Thanks web-ed for posting my favorite Homer cartoon. Like you i found it to be be many things i did find it in that 1965 issue and i was 15 at the time. i liked her position, the drape of her dress, her panties and her smile saying that she did not object to being spanked. The idea was quite attractive to me. (i did want to practice my morse code on my girlfriend when i got home) i enjoyed all your finds and it did take me a minute as well to see the spanking in plastic man, but i did see it and thought it was much to obsured to be an actual spanking panel, but i think i saw a later issue and the women were better drawn and i did see the idea of plastic man, elongenated man, or elastic lad somehow giving spankings by turning into couches and turning one of their hands into a hair brush or paddle for deserving villianess's or girlfriend's shapely bottoms. on another note i just discovered this comic strip called pibgorn which does seem to have some very well drawn females esp in the bottom area. Thanks for all the comments about all the ones from humorama as they did seem to share your point of view and mine quite well. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/25/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all as this forum enters its third exciting year!
  • Doctor Cylon adds some color to another of Patty's drawings, and right where it's needed most!
  • Humorama Series #64 - we turn to the work of Bill Wenzel and find that when a woman loses an election bet, she must pay up with a spanking! Losing a wager is a very uncommon motif for a spanking cartoon, but it works well enough to get a pretty spankee OTK.
  • Years ago we posted the first spanking scene from the Mayfair magazine comic strip Carrie, in which she's a teacher who gets caned by the headmaster, but there were seven others and it's time we made a series of them. In #2, Carrie gets caned again, even if only in her imagination.
  • While we were at it, we decided to update Carrie Caning #1 with a larger and better scan.
  • Video Extra: Ever-alert, Robin once again spotted some material of interest to CSR readers, this time in the form of the pretty girls who used to get spanked with a board for telling bad jokes on the old Hee Haw series. As the two spankings were buried in about 5 minutes of a-pickin' and a-grinnin' and more bad joke tellin', we took the liberty of editing the original YouTube clip down to the 36 seconds of actual butt-whackin' that interests us most. Y'all are gonna like this one!
The Humorama Search turned up two "spankers" by Kirk Stiles this week, Secretary Spanking #12 which I posted in 2010 but in a photostatic copy, and a new Secretary Spanking I had never seen before! It's actually a pre-spanking cartoon, which I think only Stiles out of the "Big Five" ever did, but it's a good one in which the boss orders the secretary to "fetch the paddle" for her atrocious spelling! While it's true we would rather see the actual spanking, and while this kind of scene would not qualify for inclusion in the Comics Spanking Data Base, it will be included as part of the Humorama Series. And something like this really did happen once, a story I'll relate in full when I post this one (although to avoid future disappointment I should make clear that the real-life boss was only joking, and his secretary didn't actually receive the paddling).

I've got more of Stiles' work in my files than any of the other artists, and we probably won't get around to him until we've finished with both Wenzel and DeCarlo, which will take some weeks.

I'm only doing Golden Age Comic Search reports monthly now, so that will have to wait until next week. But I did finally manage to flag down a copy of The Paddler #2 from the Modern Age, and it should be arriving shortly. I'll probably post it during the first quarter of 2012.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I see you did your update on Wednesday this week. Probably to celebrate Thanksgiving. I'd like to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to all of you who observe this holiday. (Mostly U.S. citizens, which quite a few of us are) Of course there's more to Thansgiving than getting a day off at work, eating too much and watching football... We should all take a little time to reflect on the things that we are grateful for in our lives.

Back to the update... My favorite this week was the Wenzel election bet. Admittedly, making a bet on the results of an election is a pretty lame excuse for a spanking, but the way that lady is built, I'm sure the man would use any excuse he possibly could to get her over his knee!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

in the Doc Cylon enhanced drawing by Patty i'm not sure if it's aftercare of maybe a little hand spanking after the caning but i do like the pose..........especially the position of his hands. whatever the spanker is doing this drawing suggests that it's being done lovingly :D . i like the position of the spankee in the Wenzel drawing. nice otk position and i particularly like the way her legs are fully extended as if she is stretching to get her toes to touch the floor :D . her arms seem to be reaching too. it's harder for the spankee to avoid the spanks when she's a little off balance :lol: . as far as Carrie goes, nicely drawn spankee but this really isn't my cup of tea either..............i agree with you about that. in the new scan of the other Carrie, again, i like the way the spankee is drawn and positioned over the desk. the hee haw spankings were a hoot. they really needn't have gone to all the trouble of building a fence for those. i would have been happy to stand there and swat the young ladies with a paddle :D . i would even have been willing to raise the back of those dresses to make it a little more personal :lol: . thanks for the great updates. HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL :D . phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

If you're in the U.S.A., you know that this is the day set aside for giving thanks for all our blessings, which have been abundant. If you are outside the U.S.A., give thanks anyway, for we are all blessed in some way.

And a big thank you to Web-ed, who maintains and updates these pages for us and This Thing We Do. As for the latest updates, I have to admit I've seen almost all of them but am happy to see them again. Web-ed, maybe some time you can get around to posting the Hee Haw fence-whacking of the luscious Barbi Benton.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE HOLIDAY!!!!! Love the Patty drawing great to see a shaply bottom bent into a nice position to be spanked :lol: Great job of coloring by Doctor Cylon love the pretty shade of red her bottom have turn :lol: Bill Wenzel Losing The Election Spanking is some what good meaning I love how he drew the spankee nice postion plump full rear sticking up on the spanker`s knees waiting to be smack but I`m not liking the spanker who look kinda stiff as though he is posing for a picture instead spanking a pretty woman. also think that if he do spank her his hand would be going in a up down motion onto her bottom instead of a swinging one! The only panel I like in The Carrie Caned again drawing is the one that has her tied over a spanking horse but I do love the one of her being caned by The Headmaster Too bad this wasn`t done in front of her class :lol: Nice bottom bare bottom over that stool also love seeing her cleavage!!!! Thanks for showing the pretty women of Tv`s HEE HAW getting their bottom whack with the fence :lol: This was my favorite part of the show that I liked when I use to watch it a long time ago on Sunday night :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/25/2011

Post by web-ed »

Thank you, all, for your positive responses to this week's updates.
butch wrote:Thanks for showing the pretty women of Tv`s HEE HAW getting their bottom whack with the fence :lol: This was my favorite part of the show that I liked when I use to watch it a long time ago on Sunday night :lol:
overbarrel49 wrote:the hee haw spankings were a hoot. they really needn't have gone to all the trouble of building a fence for those. i would have been happy to stand there and swat the young ladies with a paddle :D .
daneldorado wrote:Web-ed, maybe some time you can get around to posting the Hee Haw fence-whacking of the luscious Barbi Benton.
The Hee Haw board-whackings were well received, and like Butch, it was my favorite part of the show way back when I used to watch it. However, I had forgotten that Barbi Benton was a Hee Haw regular for a few years, possessing an adequate singing voice and a "luscious" (to use Dan's adjective) face and figure, although I do remember seeing one of her poses for Playboy. I think that all the younger female regulars including long-time resident Cathy Baker were sooner or later brought before the fence, and of course that would have included Barbi also. I'd be happy to bring this scene to everyone, if only I can get my hands on it! So far, it doesn't seem to be available except probably on the complete Hee Haw DVD set, and there's no way I could sit through all of that. Although if I were to put all the fence-whackings together, it would make for one hell of a clip since there must have been something like 585 episodes made and probably each one had at least one good whacking!
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

On the subject of Hee Haw, I remember well that the show originally starred the very talented guitarist Roy Clark (who played his role as a buffoon) and Country star Buck Owens. There were also several sexy young women on the show. At the start, in 1969, all the show's characters would take their turn in front of the Joke Fence, tell a corny joke, then get smacked on the rear as a punch line. But over the years -- the show would last until 1992 -- I couldn't help noticing that the males in the cast got fewer and fewer turns, and the young women in the cast virtually "took over" that role.

Of course, my own proclivities told me that sexy girls, not men, were the proper "target" for bottom smacks, but I never dared to bring that up, lest I be targeted as anti-woman. Now, on Hee Haw, I felt my sentiments were being vindicated, as more and more of the girls got their whacks in front of that fence, and fewer and fewer guys did.

Some of you who are older than thirty might remember the voluptuous charms of such ladies as Barbi Benton, a former Playboy Playmate (yes, she did get whacked by that fenceboard); Misty Rowe; Gunilla Hutton; and Jeannine Riley. There were lots of others, as Hee Haw made a habit of casting practically every sexy woman in Nashville to "entertain" in front of that whack board. :D

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/02/2011

Post by web-ed »

• New link added to Kitty's Exotic Paddles.
  • Doctor Cylon colorizes a tribute to Bettie Page.
  • Humorama Series #65 - Bill Wenzel depicts a hill country spanking.
  • Carrie upsets a boat race - and gets paddled!
  • Ginger McGuire displays her assets in some new panels added to our Spankable Skygirl page.
Golden Age Comic Spanking Search - in November I went through 1285 pages, bringing the cumulative total to 341,196. It's possible I'd gone over some of these before, but of course I'm trying hard to avoid duplication. No new spankings discovered :( . I did find one spanking, but it was a reprint of the one in Crimes by Women #14. It will be logged in the Data Base eventually. I've also been going over all of Plastic Man's appearances again, and although there were many bad girls in the strip there's still only the one spanking so far.

Humorama and Supergirl searches - no progress this week except that I found a few more old Humorama digests and will be getting my hands on them soon.
-- Web-Ed