Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by daneldorado »

jimc wrote:

I wonder too if all these spanking posed Lobby Cards if it was supposed to be in the movie (MCClintock;Kiss Me Kate;Fabulous Senorita and Look for the Silver Lining) yet somehow had it changed because of the reasons above. It would be great to see if the original scripts actually did have the spanking in them. have a great day.

Hiya JimC... I think you and I are on the same page, but the above passage from your last message left me wondering.

Are you saying you don't think that Look for the Silver Lining (1949), The Fabulous Señorita (1952), Kiss Me Kate (1953), or McLintock! (1963) were supposed to have spanking scenes? Yes, the spankings appear in lobby cards for those films... but the scenes are actually in the movies themselves.

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Sometime I may have to do an extensive study of the making of lobby cards. Some movies only had a few, and others had several, corresponding with almost every scene in the movies they were advertising. A lot of lobby cards show the actors against a blank background, indicating that perhaps they were shot in a photography studio rather than on the set of the movie. Occasionally, you'll see loby card photos that were shot on the same set as the films... such as the ones for McLintock! Movies that had a lot of lobby card photos with the actual movie set as the background must've had a still photographer who was there just before, or just after the scenes were shot by the movie cameras.
jimc

Post by jimc »

sorry i got called away before i could make sure i had sent it correctly and before i could check it . i would be confused by the post myself and i wrote it (It was missing the word "like" in front of those movies) and there were some other ones that did look like they were supposed to be in the movie according to some of the still pictures that were taken (BEHAVE YOURSELF;SUDDENLY LAST SPRING; DEAR RUTH and several Shirley Temple movies) i also enjoyed the threats like to Judy Garland by Van Heflin in one movie i remember and Maureen O'Hara by Macdonald Carey in COMMANCHE TERRIORTY and there were of course all of those movies where she did get otk (HIGH LONESOME; TO KILL A SAINT; SHOWDOWN and a few others) where they got away with no smack or 1 smack so all of us have our memories and wishes concerning the movie/ tv spanking. Have a great day
Jim
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

b00m wrote:

A lot of lobby cards show the actors against a blank background, indicating that perhaps they were shot in a photography studio rather than on the set of the movie. Occasionally, you'll see lobby card photos that were shot on the same set as the films... such as the ones for McLintock! Movies that had a lot of lobby card photos with the actual movie set as the background must've had a still photographer who was there just before, or just after the scenes were shot by the movie cameras.

In my younger years, I was fortunate to appear in a few Shadow Lane videos. The way SL did it then, and probably still does, is this:

First, they film the spanking scene, beginning to end. After the director (usually Eve Howard) says "Cut! And wrap!" we would go back to position number one, this time being photographed by a still camera. The director would tell me to raise my arm as if to spank, and she would tell the spankee to make a face as if she were really being spanked. We would shoot about a dozen of those still poses, mirroring the action in the video itself, from several different angles. Those shots become the promo stills for the video.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i like the bigger, cleaner, oxken modifyed pic that shows a lot of things much better, including the surprised look on the spankee's face :D . i agree that the sorority paddling is awkwardly posed but i love the surprised and somewhat worried look on the spankee's face :lol: . you're right that the spanker in the ward belt spanking looks upset..............i think the spankee is in for a good blistering this time. i thought it was kind of an odd position what with the spankee's breasts being between his legs. as always, i loved the pic by paula. i have this one in my collection but knowing the story behind it makes it just that much more arousing. you're right about paula being no prude too as is indicated by the well bent over, wide leg position of this pic.great female form and expression as always. in the bill ward hat spanking, i liked the highlighted version. the clothing looks even better in that one i think although for some reason it seemed to me that the spankee's expression came through better in the first one. i really liked the fishing rod pic :D . i hadn't seen this one before. i have to agree with you that it is a very happy scene......................although the spankee seems less happy.............totally surprised with a little "oh shit!" added in :lol: . i kind of liked the "in the navy spanking. i thought it was a pretty nice view of the spankees bottom in the second pic. another good update :D . thanks for doing these for us. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/27/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page.
  • Updated Bill Ward's Spanking to Remember with a new scan that reveals what the original caption was.
  • New color version of the Debbi spanking we posted only a few weeks ago. It took us a while longer to track this down than we had expected, but it was worth it.
  • Doctor Cylon colors another Ward belt-spanking.
  • Paula Meadows assumes "The Editorial Position".
  • Humorama Series - more of Bill Ward as the upstairs maid is spanked for what she did downstairs, and the parlor maid is spanked for what she did with the chauffeur.
  • Archie Comics Spankings - Veronica gets spanked for her bad attitude and a broken Ming vase. This is the source of the famous "Wah!" panel that's been seen around.
We wind up the Archie series next week with another Veronica-spanking, and then in two weeks (June 10) we begin Super-Spanking Summer! It will feature:
  • Super-Tot spankings. I don't like these any more than CSR readers, but somebody has to catalogue these things and I have discovered two that apparently were previously unknown. To make up for it, we'll also have
  • Male superheroes giving a spanking (M/F).
  • Female superheroines (I know that's redundant) receiving a spanking (X/F).
  • No M/M junk! While searching for Supergirl spankings, I found two M/M scenes in Jimmy Olsen, the worst of the Superman Family titles. Did you know the Superman Revenge Squad once spanked the Jr. Revenge Squad with electric rods? Well, they did. I promise NOT to post this one, but for historical purposes I did log it in the Comics Spanking Data Base. The second M/M scene was even worse - yucchh!
  • A retrospective on Invidia's Superhero Spanking Month, which took place in June 2005. Phil (Overbarrel) supplied me with the pics for this one.
  • Superheroines in spankable positions! Spandex seats stretched tight, just begging for the application of hand or paddle! This was suggested by JimC not too long ago, and I've compiled a dozen examples from actual comic books in which the super-gal's position suggests either that she's across someone's knee or that she's ready to receive some well-deserved swats with a paddle. You'll need a devious imagination to appreciate these...
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I always look forward to your weekly updates! This week, my favorite is Veronica rubbing her freshly-spanked bottom and crying, "Wah!" Of course, it would've been better if the actual spanking had been shown, and even better if the spanker hadn't been her daddy! The Archie character I would most liked to have seen giving a spanking to one of the girls was Moose. He was big, strong, and overly protective of his girlfriend, Midge. What if Veronica had started a vicious rumor about Midge and Moose found out? Or what if Midge got a little too flirtatious with another boy? Such a thing would've been a lovely sight, especially if it had been done in the Dan Decarlo years! >Sigh!< Too bad that'll never happen.

The Debbi comic was fun too! I'm not familiar with Debbi at all, except for the background information you gave us. Apparently it would've been totally out of character for her boyfriend to actually give Debbi a spanking like that. Too bad!

After a couple of weeks of F/F and severe beatings with belts, we finally have an M/F O.T.K. hand-spanking drawn by Bill Ward! The man's expression seems more malicious than playful, but at least he's using his hand to spank his lady's curvaceous backside... I happen to have another copy of that same cartoon you might be interested in.
ward 10.jpg
ward 10.jpg (50.37 KiB) Viewed 4544 times
This one shows Ward's brushwork a little more clearly.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

you're right about the expression on the spanker's face in the ward spanking. he has an evil look about him and not in a good way either. i much preferred the expressions in the young couple spanking......................they're both obviously having a good time with it :) . i liked the expression of the spankee in the bent over belt spanking. she's obviously really sorry already......................or at least sorry about getting a spanking for whatever she did :lol: . great pics of paula. i have had some of these mags in my earlier days but never connected the pics with the drawings so i didn't know paula used to pose for pics as well as doing drawings. she has a really nice looking spank spot :D . i'm not sure just what it is but i liked the first pic of her with panties still on better than the next one where her panties are down. perhaps it's the camera angle but i think it's because her legs are straighter and she is well presented. the expression of the spanker in the upstairs maid drawing is a little inconsistent..............unless she is hard wired as a spanker and is just enjoying giving a spanking. that's the kind of trait i would normally attribute to a male spanker but it could be in this case i guess. in the parlor maid drawing, the spankee's expression shows the proper irritation though. i loved your veronica spanking equation :D . you're absolutely right that they did a great job of showing her snotty attitude with her body language. of course the "wah" pic is a classic :D . the 2 handed spanking technique in the debbi toon seems inconsistent to me. i've turned young ladies over and given them the old "bongo drum spanking" but always in a playful situation..............more to just get a feel of their bottoms than anything else :) if i was actually intending to spank them i would never have used that. her attitude upon awakening, that she doesn't want him to be a cave man because he might spank her, seems inconsistent to me too. perhaps if he had really spanked her she might have reached a different conclusion :D . in any case, it was nice to see the whole story. another great update. thanks and keep'em coming :D . phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

Hi b00m, i loved your scan of the Bill Ward spanking. 40 some years ago when i saw it for the first time that was the one i saw. I did not think anything about the spanker's expression as the caption in the book i had said "THIS IS TO REMIND YOU TO BEHAVE YOURSELF WHILE I'M OF TOWN NEXT WEEK!" Indeed i thought it was neat and when i left town for a few weeks myself i used that line on my girlfriend when she was otk. So i guess the more you look at something you can see what other's might have seen. The Veronica spanking was a favorite of mine just because of the line "who's getting spanked?" and the answer"Veronica!" was a great part of the story as well as the after spanking rub, cry and the sound effects. Although it was off panel it was one of my favorite spankings because hands down Veronica was always the most spankable because she was rich, beautiful, spoiled, haughty and everyone thought she did need a spanking on more than a few occasions. The spankings in Archie were really not that good considering who the artist was, but being a teen mag i guess they could not make it too erotic although that does seem contradictory as Veronica, Cheryl Blossom. Melody and even Betty on occasion did seem to be more endowed and the fashions did seem to draw attention to those areas of the female form quite amazingly. I think in a way too most of the Humorama ones had to be in bra and panties (lingerie) as opposed to nudity due to the times as well (these were considered risque because it showed them in undressed situations). The Ward illustrations that Doc [Cylon] is making were of course in illustrated spanking books and that did Ward the ability to draw them nude, sado-inspired and even more endowed.The Debbi one was not that good because it was a bongo spanking although i enjoyed her expressions and the caveman routine of carrying her over his shoulder was a good spanking pose as well. So thanks for all you posted web-ed Great finds and commentary as always.
Jim
Last edited by web-ed on Mon May 30, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add "Cylon" for clarity
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 05/27/2011

Post by web-ed »

I'm glad everyone basically enjoyed the updates, and I agree with the reservations expressed by b00m, Phil, and JimC. It's true that the Archie spankings are not very erotic, although they're at least fun, because as Jim noted they were teen books. Also, the known spankings have mostly been parental discipline-type (except for the tennis racquet whack, which is part of the 06/03 update).

I know I've had a lot of Ward's F/F stuff the past few weeks. My idea has been to get the F/F material out of the way so we can finish strong with some good M/F cartoons that have seldom if ever been seen before. Even after this week, though, I still have three more F/F from Ward, who did a great many with this orientation. We're going to take a break from Ward beginning next week anyway, when we turn to Homer Provence. We'll then have five from Homer, 2 F/F and 3 M/F.

The remainder of the Humorama Series is, I believe, all M/F (hooray!). There are a few from minor figures and still a whole lot from Kirk Stiles (who only did two non-M/F ones that I know of) and Dan DeCarlo (whose work was always M/F).

Oh yes, I was about to forget - thanks for the Ward scan, b00m! I promise to add it to the existing page as soon as I can.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/03/2011

Post by web-ed »

• Updated Bill Ward's spanking cover for Jest with a new scan.
  • Doctor Cylon colors a Julius Zimmerman drawing in which a bad girl must place her hands on the floor.
  • Picture Gallery: Paula Meadows series concludes as she herself again assumes The Editorial Position to receive the cane!
  • Humorama Series: (1) one girl spanks another for coming home late, and (2) seeing the hired hand causes this girl to receive the spanking hand!.
  • Archie Comics Spankings Series concludes as Archie whacks Veronica's rear with a tennis racquet! Tennis, anyone?
  • Updated an earlier Archie Comics spanking page (Mr. Lodge Spanks Veronica). Get the full story plus a brand spanking-new version of the key panel!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

A nice bunch of updates this week. Thanks! We finally get a Bill Ward M/F spanking, and it appears to be from his early days... before he started drawing impossibly large boobs on the ladies. (Actually, this one is quite well-endowed, but within reasonable proportions.) Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy large-breasted women, but some of Bill Ward's later cartoons made them look like they were smuggling zeppelins in their bras! :?

And a swat on the rear for Veronica from Archie! Cute! I liked the other one... but with some reservations, since it was her father spanking her. It would've been better if it had been done by Archie, still in disguise... something like this...
veronica spanked with changes.jpg
veronica spanked with changes.jpg (105.77 KiB) Viewed 4345 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i like the idea of spanking "before" you go to the party in the ward spanking :lol: . i agree with you that the new scan is much superior to the old one. as far as the pic done by zimmerman goes..................i had to laugh at this one because the spankee's body is so distorted. not only the breasts this time but also her upper body must be 4 feet longer than her legs :lol: . i guess i just don't care for the ones with really exaggerated proportions although the idea of the pic seems a good one. as for the pics of paula...................delightful target indeed :D . i too like the expression on the spankee's face in the first of the ward f/f spankings. the spanker, on the other hand looks well pleased with herself. i like the position of the spankee's left hand trying to protect her bottom but it appears that the other arm is also up since it's nowhere to be seen so i was wondering if the young lady was gonna fall on her nose. if she does, that outta elevate that bottom even more :lol: . in the one about the hired hand i again like the expression on the spankee's face. she seems distressed although i can't tell if that's because she's getting spanked or because she's not sure when she'll get to see the hired hand again. since the spanking takes place in the loft perhaps she got caught there with him ;) . again, the spanker seems really pleased about the whole thing. makes me wonder if ward had a thing for female spankers who really enjoyed the process. i loved the archie story and the fact that she's blushing at both ends as you noted. good thing it wasn't me instead of archie or the artist would have had to draw a bulge in the shorts :lol: .i like the expression on veronica's face in the last one. as a matter of fact,the whole pic seems full of action and it's pretty obvious that he's wailing the daylights out of her.....................just what everyone wanted to see.........with the exceptions you noted. another great update. i really like the background and explanations that you give are really informative and i like knowing the whole story behind a spanking. thanks for all your time. phil
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Adding my belated thanks for another fine weekly update! The full Archie story was my favorite; well, "nearly" full. It looked like Ronnnie was about to get another spanking there! :D It's also good to see Nik Zula's cartoons getting attention! Right on, Web-ed! Oh, and thanks for the Other Version there, bOOm!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/03/2011

Post by web-ed »

Glad everyone liked the updates. Thanks to b00m for taking the time to do that altered version of the Veronica spanking. You'll be glad to know that the vast majority of the Ward cartoons we're going to see in the coming months are from his early period (or middle period, if you count his comics work in the 40's as his early period) when his proportions were more reasonable. Thanks to Phil for taking the time to comment in so much detail. And for Dave, we have more of Nik Zula this week with his Superman/Supergirl cartoon - a favorite pairing of Dave's, and one I'm sure he's seen before.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/10/2011

Post by web-ed »

• Doctor Cylon takes his ruler to Julius Zimmerman's naughty nurse.
  • Updated a Homer F/F cartoon we posted last year with a new, complete scan.
  • Humorama 1: Bill Ward F/F spanked for upstaging - a spankable offense if ever we've heard one!
  • Humorama 2: Homer F/F hairbrush spanking. Homer seems to be following in Ward's footsteps here.
Super-Spanking Summer is here! :D
  • Supergirl Spanking Search: no new pictures to see here, but for those who are interested in the details of the search I've updated the table. The search is now 92% completed, including what had been our best bet, the early issues of Action Comics. Superman had a parental attitude toward Supergirl in the early years, and a spanking would have been logical. In fact I think we would have had one if Juilus Schwartz instead of Mort Weisinger had been the editor.
  • Superman Spanks Supergirl- by Nik Zula, this is the spanking I wish I'd found in the comics!
  • Lois Lane fails to spank Super-Tot #1 - from Lois' very first solo appearance in Showcase #9.
  • Invidia's Superhero Spanking Month - celebrate the 6th anniversary of this event with most of Invidia's superhero spankings which were preserved by our own Overbarrel!
A few notes: I hope no one is disturbed by the series of attempted Super-Tot spankings (six in all) that begins this week (two others were posted some time ago and will be updated during this period). I'm exempting these from the normal "no children" policy because these are spankings that never come off, and no child is actually hurt. Indeed, it's the adults who repeatedly get hurt, which seems quite just if you're against spanking children. It also paints a portrait of DC Comics, but the historical interest alone wouldn't justify an exception to the policy (for instance, I'm not going to post Lois Lane spanking Suzie). Two of these are my personal discoveries which turned up during the Search for the Holy Grail.

Speaking of which, it goes on, and although I don't expect to find a Supergirl spanking, I might find something else interesting. So far what I've found has been most uninteresting: the two Super-Tot spankings noted above, and two bad M/M scenes in Jimmy Olsen which will definitely not be posted!

I've had a lot of F/F cartoons in the Humorama Series lately, including three more today (counting the update of the existing page). Rest assured, I'll be posting the preferred M/F ones again starting next week. I'm trying to burn through as much of the F/F stuff as possible to help save the best for last.

Next week: Lois is at it again, in only the third issue of her own magazine, Doctor Cylon joins in the fun with the first in a series of superheroines, another Supergirl spanking, and a special feature on Superheroines in Spankable Positions. Meanwhile, the Humorama Series will continue with two more from Homer.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Many thanks to Phil, and to YOU, web-ed, for the "Invidia's Superhero Spanking Month" you gave us today.

I loved all the poser toons you posted, and saved two of them: Superman spanks Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor spanks Supergirl with a Krypton paddle. I have always loved the notion that two of the strongest women in the world might sometime be put over a man's knee, and with this series you have delivered!

Don't know exactly why, but Wonder Woman -- in her traditional costume, of course -- might be, to me, the most spankable female on earth. Over the years I have saved toons of her getting the OTK treatment; one by Superman (besides this one), another by her mother, courtesy of Andy Stamps; and I have even drawn a pic of WW being spanked by The Phantom. She never fails to excite me. I suspect it has to do with her long, excellent legs, so sexy under those star-spangled blue-and-white shorts of her traditional costume, and the strapless bustier that occasionally seems to be hanging on by a thread(!)

Good update, as always, web-ed. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

great job tracking down the original pic of the homer spanking. i like the bared bottom in the altered pic for sure but i like being able to see the painting better in the original. not sure what the expression of the girl in the painting is but looks to me like she's watching the spanking :lol: . the scan of the original is better too so you can see more detail. our man homer not only likes long legs but also long heels on their shoes. doc cylon.............spanking a nurse is, of course, a great idea although i would have preferred otk. i got a kick out of your comment that she couldn't get most of her body close to the wall :lol: . i do like the expression of the spankee in the ward "upstage" spanking. our female spanker just looks really happy about giving the spanking too. i think there's more than just a little upstaging going on here :D . interesting information about the second homer pic.i had never considered just what kind of competition there might have been among these cartoonists. the ladies in these do seem to like spanking each other and i have no problem with that..............i might even be tempted to stay and watch if i couldn't do the spanking myself ;) . there are those loooooong heels again. it was my pleasure to provide the pics by invidia.................always happy to contribute when i can :D i too liked the pouty expression on the face of the girl who's about to be spanked by zorro and i couldn't help but notice that both supergirl and wonder woman looked suitably irritated at getting spanked :D . i thought invidia had a way with coloring the bottoms just right depending on the implement being used. i mentioned to her once that she needed a good spanking and she told me that she got a good spanking every day so maybe she was using her own bottom as a reference for that. i do like the struggling pose in the superman supergirl spanking by zula. they way she's reacting, you'd think it hurt :lol: . another great and informative update. thanks much. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I always look forward to your weekly updates, and I think my favorite part this time was your bit on Invidia's super hero month. The story of "Superguy" and "Bobbie" looked like something that most of us wish would've happened in a Lois Lane comic! ;)

As usual, your hard work and dedication are appreciated.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/10/2011

Post by web-ed »

Thanks, everybody! It's hard for me to keep my comments short, but I'll try to do so here by only taking up one point, the one Dan made about Wonder Woman's costume and its effect on her spankability. For clarity, what we're talking about is the costume WW wore for many years, the bustier and panties. This bottom half of this costume had evolved gradually from a skirt to shorts to star-spangled panties [see below].

(Images found at http://www.gorillawire.com).

Now, Dan yields to no one when it comes to appreciating long, shapely legs, and I think it's the high side cut of the panties that makes WW's legs appear longer. For me, when viewed from the front this style of panties seems to emphasize the curve of the hips, which immediately makes me imagine a nice, round, spankable bottom! This is true even with a full panty style (in back), which in fact I prefer to the tonga-style WW had been wearing, or not wearing, for some years after I had stopped paying attention anyway. I remember noticing during the years the WW TV series was on that they cut the panties high in the front but not on the sides for some reason, somewhat de-emphasizing the long-leg look. Fortunately, Lynda Carter had such great legs that nobody cared! Only a few fashion designers and spanking enthusiasts even noticed :) .
The incomparable Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman.
The incomparable Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman.
wonder_woman_lynda_carter_panties_width320.jpg (17.01 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
Also, very few super-heroines wore this style of costume (panties), which also helped Wonder Woman stand out, so to speak. The only one at DC who comes to mind is Zatanna (classic version), who not coincidentally also seemed eminently spankable.
-- Web-Ed