Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by daneldorado »

Right, but this young lady at a comics convention had the right idea, I think.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/17/2011

Post by web-ed »

Humorama Series:
  • Updated Homer's "You told me to paddle you out in the middle of the lake" cartoon.
  • Homer Sauna Spanking: I think this is his best F/F effort, and although some of you might have seen it before, I don't think it's ever been on the web. This is another one I received from Mike, so I was able to make a good-quality scan that lets us see the details.
  • Homer Morse Code Secretary Spanking: Abe Goodman made a hash out of this one by combining too many different gags, but it's still good visually as a Secretary Spanking.
Super-Spanking Summer:
  • Doctor Cylon gives us a She-Hulk F/F spanking.
  • Lois Lane Super-Tot #2 - Lois gets what she deserves (almost) when she hurts her hand trying to spank Super-Tot again.
  • Supergirl Spanked, by whom we can't tell, in this post-spanking illustration by SP Anka.
  • Spankable Superheroines - a special feature on Superheroines who got themselves in good position to get spanked! Unfortunately, no one followed up and applied the needed swats, but we can still use our imaginations to picture what might have been ...!
In other news, I continue to search through Golden Age books and for the Holy Grail, although at a slower rate with both now, plus I still run the occasional "standard" search. These have turned up two more M/M scenes including what appears to be one from Challengers of the Unknown, and one single-panel F/M mother/son. None of these will be posted, but I'll get them in the Data Base eventually. SpankingPanels had a better week than I did, with a terrific M/F panel from Matt Baker posted in their Forum. I've known about that particular comic book for some time, and have been trying to find a copy so I could bring it to you, but so far without success. I know of another GA spanking also, but the story is the same: I can't find a copy. GA books are of course relatively hard to find, and right now I probably couldn't afford either of these even if I did manage to turn one up. [Note: the day after I wrote this, a copy was posted at DCM from the incomparable collection of JVJ, so I will be able to bring this to you once Super-Spanking Summer has concluded.]

Occasionally more affordable are the old Humorama digests. Not always - I sometimes see them for $20, which is way too much - but I've been able to pick up a few recently in the $1 - $3 range. Even that's going to be out of the question from now on, but I will check these few for new "spankers". One of them definitely has a Bill Wenzel spanker that we haven't seen before.

Even if I had the cash, randomly buying up these old mags wouldn't be a very efficient search method, and there's really no point in amassing copies of spankings I already have, particularly the ones from Mike's old collection because they're in good shape. With Humorama, we're interested in two things: new spanking cartoons none of us has ever seen before, and better copies of good "spankers" we already know about. But how to locate them? The digests were usually bi-monthly, but several of them were often published at the same time, so there must have been hundreds of issues all together. I'll keep plugging as best I can.
-- Web-Ed
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Hi, Web-Ed!

Very nice update, as always!

Well, SOME editor in the Big City liked that Morse Code joke, eh? I've seen it used at least four times now in the Men's Mags gags! But this particular Homer 'toon makes me wonder if it was one of the reprints, you know, same 'toon, with an editor-altered "joke." I just get the feeling from the setting, the other secretaries in the background, and the boss's expression that Homer had a better and more appropriate joke the first time? You may uncover it yet, if so!

I also liked all the posed heroines, thanks! It wasn't until much later in life that I realized the cartoonists were showing their girls' fannies on purpose to appeal to the target audience of young males and sell them comics! Why, I never! Well, okay, I have, now.

Hi, Dan! Say, of all the Convention Costumes I've seen, the Wonder Woman up there looks pretty good! They don't always; in fact, there are websites that use those pictures for a feature they call "Whacky Wonder Woman Wednesdays!" :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

As always, I enjoyed your newest update. My favorite this time was Homer's "paddling" on the lake. As you've pointed out, many of Homer's women have narrower hips than most of us like, but this lady was a little rounder than most... and wearing those cute black lace panties! :D

About the use of Morse code in so many of Homer's cartoons: I wonder if that may have been Homer himself who thought of that, since I've never seen captions on any other cartoonists works refering to Morse code. A birthday greeting in Morse code... Saying, "I love you," in Morse code... Dictation in Morse code... What else might there have been? Perhaps a punishment spanking in which the lady's offenses were spelled out in Morse code? :lol:

And then there was the essay on superheroines in spankable positions: Entertaining and informative. Too bad none of the male characters in those stories ever got a clue! :(
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi web-ed, great finds as ususal. The Homer one had several different captions for the ones i have seen. The sauna one (a swedish sauna is supposed to have the body scorged with nettles to open all the pores and if you left the leaves in the sauna i would guess that was what the spanking was for.) Although i have seen at least 2 different captions for it. One says something like "Are you sure that this was what the magazine was referring to about decorating the bathroom with hand prints?" another said " but aren't you supposed to use something other than your hand for the best results for the sauna?"Like b00m said the morse code was used as a birthday spanking; i love you; the dictating machine was broken so he had to use morse code; but sir i don't understand morse code they never taught us that at secretary school!; etc. Although the paddle you to the middle of the lake was a unique Homer drawing it was not one of my favorites. I have seen some that are close, but not quite the 1st one i saw when i was 16 (that one was an i love you morse code one) I think that the f/f ones had a certain appeal as they did show what i thought was always the best about a spanking cartoon and i think that is why Homer and DSD are my favorite artists (The spankee did not mind being spanked (smiling) and the spanker seemed to be enjoying giving the spanking as well (although you talk about the poor otk i thought they were great when i 1st saw them.) i also thought that the captions were great as i thought any spanking reference was wonderful). Thanks for the spankable poses i think now that you have shown so many spankings there has to be a match for a composite spanking. (i did trace several different ones at one time myself. Zatanna was a great pose). Thank you for all the work in posting them. I cannot say i like the super-tot spankings as much as i liked the otk and thereby a spanking could be made by putting spankable posed women with spanking denied poses (i think i did one of Lois spanking Lois in one of those incidents) for a great story. have a great day.
Jim
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

oh i definitely like the funbun altered version of the boat paddling pic better :D much nicer, rounder bottom and bare of course :D . i sorta figured that funbun turned it around so that he would be spanking right handed. it seems to me that most of the cartoon spankings i see are done left handed..............beats me why though. being right handed it always looks a little awkward to me. i like the sauna pic a lot actually. as you said, 2 beautiful ladies both in bra and panties...............hard to find fault with that :lol: . i like the expression on the spankee's face. as you mentioned, she is relaxed but looking at her face she does seem a bit concerned. i like the secretary spanking a lot too. nice looking spankee and well positioned as well as a nice bottom. his expression is kind of goofy, "any excuse for spanking a shapely female bottom is a good one" sort of look :lol: . i too like the secretaries in the background but sure wish i could see their faces better. sometimes the expressions of the spectators are almost as good as the spankee's. one thing is certain, the spanking certainly has their attention. the doc cylon one certainly is a good, sound spanking. the spankee is sporting a really red bottom and tears. thanks much for the spankable superheroines :D . i think you're right.............you did save the best for last. just right for a spanking indeed.loved the SP Anka drawing :D . as you noted, nice, round, well spanked bottom and i love the white panties with the red S on them :D . another great update. i really appreciate all the time you take to do these for us. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/17/2011

Post by web-ed »

On the Spankable Superheroines: I'm glad the response has been so favorable as it did take some time to put together. I used one of the Supergirl poses to create a Superman/Supergirl fake, but I'm holding it back until I complete The Search for the Holy Grail.

On Homer's Morse Code: I think b00m is probably right, and that Homer himself came up with the idea. With most of the Humorama cartoons where I have seen the original art, the artist lettered a caption at the bottom which was then usually rewritten by Abe Goodman (Wenzel may have been the least-rewritten). I have never seen any of Homer's original spanking art, but it was probably the same as the others. The one that Jim describes as being the first one he saw at the age of 16 - "I know morse code and I love you, too" - I had never seen before yesterday, when I found it in one of several Humorama digests I recently obtained. It's a lovely, charming piece - no wonder it affected Jim so much when he was 16 - and of course it will be posted eventually. I'm sure Jim will be glad to see it again!

That brings me to a "problem" with the Humorama Series: when I first planned it last year, the specimens I'd had in my files, plus Mike's old collection from the 60's together gave me enough for a year-long series. But in the past month I've discovered so many I don't think I can conclude the series by the end of the year even at the rate of two per week. I don't want to try to do more than that, or unload a whole bunch at the end of December when everyone's likely to be too busy to see them, so we may have to continue the series into 2012. I'm not complaining - having 61 more cartoons to share is a nice problem to have! :)

By the way, the total number of known Humorama X/F "spankers" now stands at around 164! Just when I think I've seen them all, I manage to find another one. (See the new Humorama Tote Board topic on the Spanking in Media forum for the latest.) I wonder how many are left?
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

I once saw a comic in a spanking magazine maybe Spank hard or something where a guy was out inthe middle of the lake in a conoe spanking his girl while singing the song Paddling Madeline Home If you could find it I would love to see you post it.THANKS CSR
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I think I saw that cartoon too along time ago, it might have been in Mr. Magazine. Mr., that mag that first introduced me to a world I knew not existed, that there were others out there who were turned on by the very idea of female bottoms getting spanked, paddled, strapped, switched, caned, and so forth. What fond memories!
I remember them singing Paddling Madeline Home on the Mitch Miller show, and always thought about something other than using a paddle to move the canoe through the water.
web-ed
Site Admin

Paddlin' Madeline

Post by web-ed »

First I drift with the tide,
Then pull for the shore
I hug her and kiss her
And paddle some more
I think I can see why Tanner imagined something other than canoeing when hearing those lyrics on the Mitch Miller show. ;) (This was a TV show where the viewers were encouraged to sing along, for the benefit of those too young to remember it). Boating with either canoe or kayak is commonly termed "paddling" among the practitioners, which breaks me up every time I think about their unintended double-entendres. If they only knew what they were saying!

Unfortunately, fearing discovery I got rid of most of my issues of Spank Hard (I have one or two I picked up later), and I never had any issues of Mr. However, I'll keep my eye out for this cartoon, and if it turns up, I'll post it in the Picture Gallery.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/24/2011

Post by web-ed »

Humorama Series:
  • Original version of Homer's other boat spanking cartoon. All we had before was a strangely-altered version.
  • New scan of Homer's Ping-Pong Paddle Spanking.
  • Secretary Spanking #22 - a secretary gets spanked her very first day on the job!
  • A husband spanks his wife for nagging - I really like the viewing angle and nice round behind in this one.
Super-Spanking Summer:
  • Doctor Cylon brings us Supergirl Spanked by Hulk #1.
  • Attempted Super-Tot Spankings continue as Lois Lane hurts her hand for the third time.
  • More Supergirl spanking as Supergirl Spanks Power Girl.
The Comics Spanking Data Base has now reached 423 rows. Because I didn't include a "Date Added" column when designing it, I've decided to list here the new additions that are not posted, even though interest in them will be limited. This week I added:
  1. Challengers of the Unknown #8 - M/M (a great pity it wasn't M/F since the artists were Jack Kirby and Wally Wood!)
  2. Captain Marvel Jr. #39 - M/M (Sivana/Sivana Jr.)
  3. Popular Comics #107 - F/M from Felix the Cat, of all things! It's an unpleasant mother/son panel.
  4. Treasure Comics #8 - M/M, Marco Polo whacks some guy with his sword!
  5. Young King Cole #2 - F/M one panel gag.
  6. Zany #3 - parody of the Katezenjammer Kids, with lots of M/M panels.
I've said this before, but the sheer quantity of M/M scenes during the Golden Age is downright disturbing, although I'm sure they were intended humorously at the time.

One good M/F spanking found this week as my limited Golden Age search continues. Also, I obtained several Humorama digests, each of which had at least one spanking cartoon and several had two! There were too many of these for me to collect them all, but when I can find one cheap I'll try to pick it up.

Bulletin Board Reorganization: I created a new forum, "Resident Artists" with a sub-forum each for Dan, b00m, and Phil (Overbarrel), who have made so many artistic contributions here. I wanted to make it easier for readers to find the art they're looking for, plus de-clutter the "Comic-Book and Superhero Spanking" forum at the same time, without (I hope) inadvertently making it harder for "newbies" to find this original art. Time will tell, although the only statistics I have on page usage on this board come from the board itself (the complete log does not contain this information as it does for the pages in the regular site, for technical reasons that don't concern us here). One topic, "Captain Woodshed 2-Thumbs Up", had become so convoluted I think I had to redistribute its posts among three other topics!

And speaking of statistics, CSR gets more than 1 million "hits" per month! Actually, the number of page requests is probably a better measurement of interest in the site, and for CSR this has been averaging over 500,000 per month, which is pretty good. This board's login page is perhaps the one most frequently requested, but unfortunately I can't tell where people go once they get here.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I liked the new Homer cartoons you posted and the ones you added better scans of. Homer isn't my all-time favorite Humorama artist, for the reason you've pointed out yourself: many of his ladies are too narrow in the hip to make really good spankees. However, the "nagging" cartoon has wider hips and rounder buttocks than most of them. And the black lace panties that he seems to prefer! A nice find indeed!

And there's your re-organized bulletin board. I liked the idea when you first mentioned it, and now that I've seen it, I like it even better. I think that anyone who is looking for my drawings, or Dan's, or Phil's, can find them quicker and easier. And the other forums can go back to "found" art from comic books, newspapers and magazines.

And, speaking of your "resident artists" forum, I posted a brand-spanking (heh heh, literally!) new O.T. Katie in my new section today. Dan has commented already, and I hope I can see some comments by the rest of you.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Two reasons why I loved the new homer cartoon you posted today one was the way the spankee bottom was more rounder and plump.second was the expression on her face as though the spanking that she was getting hurts maybe that why she was promising him she"ll stop nagging
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

very interesting just how much that homer drawing had been changed. someone went to a lot of trouble to change that one to suit his own tastes................mine too i might add :D . love the differences in expressions between the 2. the young lady looks much less surprised and much more in distress in the altered one. interesting comment about the shark looking face too. i sure would like to know what the original caption was. i had to laugh at the onlooker's expression in the original version :lol: . much better scan of the paddle ball paddling. not only does the spankee appear to be enjoying the festivities but also the spanker looks "really" pleased with himself. don't know if that's because he's getting to spank this attractive young lady or because he's coordinated enough to paddle her and play paddle ball at the same time :lol: . personally i would have preferred the otk position in the secretary spanking but this will do. boom mentioned the black lace panties and he also seems to like his ladies to have hose and garter belts which i really like too :D i love the expressions in this one too. she looks surprised and a little worried. he's just really enjoying the whole thing way too much :lol: i like the use of the words "spanking", "firm" and "sound" in the caption too. i agree that the spankee's bottom in the nagging drawing is much nicer :D . again i like the expressions. she appears to me to still be nagging but with some worry creeping in and i have to figure that she's gonna stop soon :D . he just looks mad :lol: very nice coloring on the doc cylon..................looks like a well spanked bottom to me :D . power girl sure does look surprised :lol: . nice, really spankable bottom too :D great updates as always. thanks a bunch. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 07/01/2011

Post by web-ed »

Kirk Stiles becomes the focus of the Humorama Series this week, while Super-Spanking Summer yields more Supergirl spanking, (unfortunately) more Super-Tot scenes, and an unusual (but very welcome!) paddling of Black Canary.

Humorama Spanking Cartoons:
  • New scan of a Kirk Stiles cartoon in which a woman regrets asking her man to be "more like daddy"!
  • Similarly, a spanked wife acknowledges that her husband has learned how to show a fatherly interest in her behavior.
  • You might think a secretary would be safe from spanking in an office without a lecherous male boss, but it's a female boss who administers Secretary Spanking #23 to a slacker!
Super-Spanking Summer:
  • Black Canary gets the animated paddle from Doctor Cylon.
  • The most bizarre entry in our series on Attempted Super-Tot Spankings has to be Bizarro Lois Lane attempting to spank Bizarro Jr. as Lois hurts her hand for the fourth time.
  • Supergirl returns to her proper submissive role as Wonder Woman spanks her once again.
Various searches are ongoing, and I will shortly have in my possession at least 8 more Humorama digests to look through. Speaking of Humorama, its series will of course continue In the coming weeks, joined by more Superman Family spankings (Superman giving or Supergirl receiving, or both).
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I always look forward to your updates, and this week my favorite one was the better scan of Kirk Stiles. (Although the lady's position looks a bit awkward)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

good observation about the box of chocolates in the kirk stiles wife spanking. thanks and a tip of the hat to dan for posting this one too. whatever the reason is, her huband is obviously happy about the opportunity to spank his bride :D . in the "fatherly interest" drawing both spanker and spankee seem well pleased with the proceedings :D .from her comments i would assume that she has been the one that has instigated the spanking activities and is pleased with his progress. that's a nicely shaped spankee in the secretary one and in a position that presents that shapely bottom nicely :D . i love the interest of the male co-workers in the background :lol: . doc cylon..........nice ass and nicely colored too :D .i like the fact that she is holding her panties too. i also like the nice motion of her very feminine bottom in the animation too :D .i skipped lois. good ww/supergirl spanking. i wish it had been in color. ww seems to be staring out in space instead of watching the job at hand. another good update. thanks much, phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

Great finds as always web-ed. I like that you show better scans or orginal scans that does show us the caption as 1st seen and other nuances that may have been lost over time. I had seen them before and had forgotten some of the things about them. i think you may have some luck in finding some new ones by SEX to Sexty as that had some of the ones that i found that were not in Humorama. Another source of spanking cartoons was in MR magazine. You seem to be able to find some of these things better than i can and i try to look for spanking art and i am always impressed how much you have found. I thought that the Wonder Woman spanking Supergirl the expressions seemed to say something else like "Busted" or something like it was supposed to be private and someone stumbled upon them. I have never cared for any of the Bizzaro spankings as it does seem like they were drawn very poorly (not to mention f/m which is not my intrest) and also bizzaro's by their nature is like looking at diamond shaped bodies and that does seem to distract me as well. oh yes if anyone can go to Texas Jim's site he does have a good collection of Supergirl getting spanked by Superman and some of them are actually pretty good. another fine site that web-ed has in the links section is artistac art forum and it does have something for all tastes. Have a great day and a happy 4th of July everyone.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

MR Magazine, ACES, and the Last of the Lois Lane Stuff

Post by web-ed »

I'll keep looking for MR magazine, but so far I haven't come up with anything. It occurs to me that some of that material may have been collected by Jesse Ray and later put on the old ACES server, because his collection went all the way back to the 60's. I'll try to contact Jesse and see if he could possibly provide us with his ACES material. I have the stuff from one particular artist (which I'm going to do a special presentation on if I can ever find the time), but I don't know what else he had on there because I was never an ACES member.

I understand that many people don't care for the Lois Lane/Super-Tot stuff. It doesn't do anything for me either, in the usual spanking sense, it's only that it does help us understand why the Weisinger-edited Superman Family titles had no good adult M/F spankings. Until this past year, I myself did not have a clear picture of why this was. Also, as many of you probably realize, there's a little devil inside me :twisted: that really loves to poke fun at DC! We've only got one more Lois scene to get through (#5), then one of Superman, with updates to Lois #6 and the one from Superman #192.

After that, we'll have good old X/F superhero spankings through August, including some M/F scenes from the Superman strip that I'm still in the process of researching.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Don't recall a lot of Mr. cartoons-what I do recall are all the letters, some of which are being posted in the Kilahara library.
Mr.-the primer, the motherlode for those of us who first discovered we had a spanking interest.
The postings of July 1 were a great lot. In the Wonder Woman one she was not only topless-it appeared she might be bottomless as well. Any chance we might see a reversal- where its a nude Wonder Woman is getting spanked?