Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! WOW!! Love the Classic spanking scene from Wagon Train The Maggie Hamilton Story 8-) the spanking in this story rank up there with the spanking on Rawhide the one with the girl getting it from her Boyfriend as she wearing tight jeans after being save from some drunking Native Indians :lol: anyway this was a hard spanking on a pair of long bloomers! would have been better if the bloomers was the short kind like the ones Mrs. O`Hara wore in Mclintock :D also like the find acting ms. Oliver did during the spanking a real spoil brat :lol: wonder how many takes they did to get this scene right :lol: Another Fantastic find from a Romance comic 8-) My Love Affair with a Bombshell! Annie really gave poor Clint a hard time from trying to have him thrown off a float slapping him at a dance a knocking him off a Sail boat :lol: How great it was to see her get her comeuppance ! via an Over the knees spanking 8-) the otk is good with Annie`s pert rear up high clad in a pair of red shorts :lol: also like that there are two witnesses watching ! only wish there was some flame coming from her bottom and if she had been more animated during the punishment! a spanking drawing this fine needs some kind of reaction from the spankee! :D also love the ending when she finally knew he was the one for her! LOVE OHH SWEET LOVE :lol: THANKS!!! 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

First of all, thanks for plugging my most recent O.T. Katie, a story I wrote especially for Romantic Spanking Month.
web-ed wrote:Romance Comics Spanking: My Love Affair with a Bombshell ends up with the "bombshell" bottom up over her boyfriend's knee! Another great CSR first!
What a great ending for Romantic Spanking Month! First of all, it's one of your new finds. And it's a prime examp;e of the archetypal romantic spanking story! Boy meets girl... girl acts like a brat... boy tries to be patient and behave like a gentleman, but girl eventually pushes him past the limits of his patience... boy turns girl over his knee... and voila! she falls madly in love with him! Happy Ending! The artwork is much better than most of the Romance comics of the era, and although the spanking is presented as being ostensibly disciplinary, the erotic overtones are there. Obviously, they wouldn't have been allowed to show a bare-bottomed spankig in a Romance comic... especially in the '50s, when comic books in general were coming under intense scrutiny... but the red shorts she's wearing give us a hint of the reddening bottom that can't be shown! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

As Dan said, it might've been even better if the girl's face was shown in the spanking panel, but it's difficult to get an angle that shows both the face and the bottom of the spankee. (Although difficult, of course, it's not impossible... and Dan, being one to practice what he preaches, always manages to show us both ends of the girls who get spanked in his comics!)
web-ed wrote:Video Extra: One of the most famous spankings from television is this one of Susan Oliver in Wagon Train. Until now, the only version commonly available was one provided on the old Cinema Swats VHS tapes by CSR Resident Artist Dan Rivera many years ago. We've got a new recording we recently captured from Chicago television.
Thanks for giving us a better clip and some additional information on this classic TV spanking scene.

I wonder why the writers for the show decided to name the female character "Maggie Hamilton"? When I hear that name, or see it written, I always think of the Wicked Witch of the West! (The actress, Margaret Hamilton, was still alive and working at the time the show was made. I believe she was doing coffee comercials.)
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hello everyone!

and web-ed, what a fantastic finish to romantic spanking month! as always your in depth explanations always delight me and the background of the "Maggie Hamilton story" is no exception. and as always, this is all new material to me and I can't even express how much I enjoy it! i'm sorry to see romantic spanking month be done. :cry: but I can't wait to see what the new month will bring! thanks again!

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/28/2014

Post by web-ed »

I'm happy to say that Romantic Spanking Month was very well received - everyone enjoyed it, and it gave me a sense of accomplishment to bring four more romance comic spankings to light that otherwise would most likely have remained unknown to spankos for at least another generation. We only had one problem, and that was with last week's Wagon Train spanking. There were so many requests for the video file, which was very large, that my web host felt they were degrading their other web sites and suspended CSR. Another factor may have been the link Chross posted on his blog, for which I'm grateful, but perhaps too many people hit Chross' blog right after it was updates and ended up on CSR at the same time. Temporarily, I solved the problem by embedding a YouTube player, which worked because I had planned to upload this video to YouTube anyway. My hose was convinced, and put the site back up late Saturday afternoon. So if you got a "Site Not Available" notice on Saturday, now you know why. (If you're still getting it, refresh the page or purge your internet cache).

Now I've always preferred to embed a Windows Media player in my video pages for reasons I've explained before: I don't like Flash Player, the Kaltura Player still has some problems, and I like to provide dowload links to WMV and MPG (for later burning to DVD) versions, which means I have to host my own files. In the future, to play it safe I may have to embed a YouTube player at least for the initial rush - perhaps I can replace it after the initial hubub dies down. In some cases, where I'm posting additional clips for information purposes, I may just take the chance because I don't want to bother with non-spanking videos on YouTube.

And that brings us to Dan's request:
dan eldorado wrote:All the other "departments" listed show an "Updated" column that gives the most recent dates the column has received a post. But you don't have any such info for the popular "Forums" department. As I say, it is the most popular of all your pages. Don't you think it would be a great benefit to your readers to be able to look at the Welcome page, and TELL AT A GLANCE, how recently it was updated?

Today is March 5. When I look at the Board Index page, I can see how recently the other departments have been updated... and, at this point, there are NO postings for the month of March. The latest message is dated February 28, when Overbarrel posted something. But since then, there have been ZERO posts. I'm saying it would be a great benefit if we knew this from looking on your Index page. Instead, you are forcing us to log on to Forums every time we visit your site. Wouldn't it be better if we could tell at a glance if there were any new posts to that department?
I hear you, bro' :!: It's a good idea, but it may not be practical. You see, the "Updated" date for each department is something I do manually - I have to remember to change it (which is easy) every time I update any of the departments. I'm not sure how I could do it otherwise since the main departments are all static HTML pages. What that means is, when you request the page, my server sends it to your browser exactly as it is, and then your browser presents it to you by simply interpreting the HTML. This system works because I'm the only one who can update these pages.

But the rest of CSR (the Comics Spanking and Humorama Spanking Data Bases) and this forum operate differently: they are written in PHP, which your browser never sees because the PHP code is interpreted and executed on the web server, and my host then sends your browser the resulting HTML. Now in theory I could change the CSR Home Page into a PHP file (remember it's HTML now), which would allow me to make SQL queries to whichever of the 43 or so individual tables that are the backbone of this forum would be necessary to get the "Last Update Date" (if it's available at all) and then return that value into the generated HTML. But there are two problems: (1) I don't think my web host likes PHP too much, because all my code is executing on his dime! And the resources he has to tie up executing my PHP code are not available to do anything else (if you've noticed that sometimes it takes a long time to get a forum page, the reason is probably that my host assigned this task a low priority to allow, say, credit card transactions from other sites to go first). And every time anyone visited the Home Page, the same code would have to execute.

It might also be possible to do this with javascript, which unlike PHP executes in your browser (the only javascript we have on CSR today is in the "Spank Batgirl" and "Spank Wonder Woman" interactive games). That might satisfy my host, but he's still going to have to provide the resources for all those MYSQL calls to the Tables.

Finally, I took a quick look and couldn't find a "last post date" in any of the Tables. That doesn't mean it's not there, but if it is, I suspect there's a different one for each forum since each forum does indeed display a last post date. That means I have to get all of them, one query at a time, and then interrogate them to find out which has the latest date. Could it be done? Probably. Will it be done? Well, it won't be done soon, that's for sure. But I will continue to look into the problem.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/07/2014

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.

Romance Comics Update: Campus Loves #5 - altered version of this classic scene in which a spoiled brat gets her comeuppance from a college math teacher!

Now that February's Romantic Spanking Month is over, I'm going to be "taking it easy" in
March with only updates to existing pages. Actually, these updates are worth seeing as they involve
altered versions or new scans of old spanking scenes from comics, and they will provide me with the
breathing space I need to complete a lot of really special items for April's month-long 10th-Anniversary
Celebration. I've already started working on them, but I couldn't do three of them a week and
still have time to create four or more new pages this month. (Creating new pages takes more
time than updating existing ones).

So, much as in January I hope it doesn't look like I'm slacking off or something. I actually began coding the April updates in January, but they're involved enough that they're still not done. I'll provide some more details on what to expect in three weeks time, during the final update in March. Until then, we'll have updates to one or two existing comic spankings each week as time permits.

Finally, I almost forgot the February Search Report: a short month but not a bad one as I unearthed yet another Romance Comic spanking that no one else knows about, and what might be the last new spanking cartoon Humorama ever published, in 1980!

Pages searched: 2539
Total: 459874
Comic Spankings: 3

One item for the DB only:
1. Big Chief Wahoo #5 (1943 month unknown, Eastern Color) M/M, Tuggles / Wildcat Willie, OTK, Hand – Tuggles provides young Prince Lucky with punching bag, Willie breaks it.

Apart from that romance comics spanking, I also found a F/F one in a humor strip. It's not a well-known strip, and I won't name it here because in the future we will be seeing both this one and a M/F spanking I found in it last year. They're not that good, but they're something.

On the Humorama side, I had been wondering for a long time if Bill Ward did any "spankers" for Humorama during its last decade as Bill Wenzel did. Well, a F/F double-topless spanking from 1980 certainly answered that question :D ! Bit by bit, Humorama is yielding its last secrets, but it will still probably be several years before we know everything.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Can`t wait for April :D anyway Outstanding job on showing an altered version of the Spanking in Campus Love 5 8-) nothing can show a spoil Heroine how much you love her by turning her across your knees and spanking her :lol: The bare bottom spanking she getting is great :D only wish her expression was more pain and struggling than happy! this is a punishment spanking :lol: Taylor was right this should have been done when she was in Pigtails but isn`t it more fun now that she is a woman :D :twisted: Great spanking from both the comic and the bare bottom version 8-) Keep up the GREAT FInding WEB-ED 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i am happy that you were able to get CSR back up so quickly :D . as i was reading that and your reply to Dan's request, i was thinking just how much stuff you have to know to keep CSR up and running. it's a good thing i don't have to do the because i didn't really have much of an idea what you were talking about most of the time :lol: . anyway, thanks for all the work you do to keep things running smoothly :D .
web-ed wrote: So, much as in January I hope it doesn't look like I'm slacking off or something. I actually began coding the April updates in January, but they're involved enough that they're still not done. I'll provide some more details on what to expect in three weeks time, during the final update in March. Until then, we'll have updates to one or two existing comic spankings each week as time permits.
this all sounds good to me and i'll be looking forward to April :D . in the mean time, i plan on enjoying the updates you do this month ;) .
web-ed wrote: On the Humorama side, I had been wondering for a long time if Bill Ward did any "spankers" for Humorama during its last decade as Bill Wenzel did. Well, a F/F double-topless spanking from 1980 certainly answered that question :D ! Bit by bit, Humorama is yielding its last secrets, but it will still probably be several years before we know everything.
it seems like you're at least having fun searching for more humorama spankings :D . i'll also be looking forward to seeing the results of your searches in this area. i really enjoyed the altered version of Campus loves #5. i think our spankee looks really nice with her dress up, panties down and her pert little bottom sticking up :D . just as it should be 8-) . unlike Butch, i don't mind the spankee's happy expression. i have a hunch that there are lots of spankees who are secretly smiling while thinking similar thoughts once they are OTK and we can't readily see their faces. my first thought for the "modifier" of this pic was Funbun too. we may never know but i could totally see him doing that. thanks for the updates and the information. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:i am happy that you were able to get CSR back up so quickly . as i was reading that and your reply to Dan's request, i was thinking just how much stuff you have to know to keep CSR up and running. it's a good thing i don't have to do the because i didn't really have much of an idea what you were talking about most of the time . anyway, thanks for all the work you do to keep things running smoothly .
what Phil said!
web-ed wrote:I'm happy to say that Romantic Spanking Month was very well received - everyone enjoyed it, and it gave me a sense of accomplishment to bring four more romance comic spankings to light that otherwise would most likely have remained unknown to spankos for at least another generation
I did enjoy romantic spanking month and I can't wait for the 10 year anniversary month! i'm just sorry I didn't find CSR 9 years ago! don't get too busy that you forget to take time for yourself and maybe do something you enjoy (outside of running CSR) maybe spank a coupe of spankees, or just put your feet up and listen to some relaxing music, or both!
overbarrel49 wrote:unlike Butch, i don't mind the spankee's happy expression. i have a hunch that there are lots of spankees who are secretly smiling while thinking similar thoughts once they are OTK and we can't readily see their faces.
okay Phil, you've guessed correctly! at least in my case. I know I have smiled a time or 2. and even though my spankings always hurt I am happy to be getting rid of my stress and getting motivated to do what i'm supposed to. I don't smile for long though, but it does happen.

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/14/2014

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.

Comics Update: Yet more versions, these colorized, of Ray Moore's Cheerleader Spanking Stories surfaced a while back - we think two years ago as we salvaged what we could from Underground-Animations.com - and we're finally getting around to updating the page. There's something about seeing cheeleaders spanked that everyone likes!

Again, only one update this week (which actually was the norm for the first five years of CSR's existence), to give me time to complete the Tenth Anniversary updates, nine of which are now done with three remaining. But it's good to get these updates (to existing pages) done. It occurred to me I should also be trying to log items to the Comics Spanking Data Base that aren't going to be posted because there are a lot of these piled up. Accordingly, these five have just been added:

1. Oaky Doaks, 8/28/39 – Judy/Zoobie, sword flat, bending over. On top of a bridge, the Zoobies are ganging up on Oaky, so Judy rushes to the rescue. She would be spanked herself later that year.
2. Wash Tubbs, 05-17-1931, NEA Service, Wash/Nephew, M/M, OTK, hand. Art by Roy Crane.
3. Wash Tubbs, 06-28-1931, NEA Service, Wash/Nephew, M/M, OTK, hand. Art by Roy Crane.
4. Out Our Way, 09/25/1931, NEA Service, Willis/Younger Brother, M/M, OTK, hand. Art by J. R. Williams
5. Big Shot #81, 09/1947 (Columbia), Uncle Cactus / Slap Happy, M/M, OTK, hand. Last panel of Sparky Watts strip, intended to be humorous. By Boody Rogers

The interesting thing about the Oaky Doaks spanking is that the spanker, Judy, would be spanked herself later that year! I have to wonder if that's the only character other than Wonder Woman who has been both spanker and spankee. That later spanking of Judy is one we've seen, in B & W, and we'll be seeing a full-color version of it in the future. The Wash Tubbs spankings are typical M/M and a far cry from the later M/F spankings once Captain Easy had joined the strip. Out Our Way has provided a couple of not-too-good spankings before this, and there's a missed opportunity from it we'll be seeing in the future.

Next Week: Kiki Kelly had the distinction of being spanked in her very first appearance, and we'll have a nice scan from paper next time to add to the microfiche version we posted several years ago.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

it seems, as usual, that you have a lot going on at CSR. it also seems that you are making good progress on getting the 10th anniversary updates ready to go for us and i am looking forward to seeing what you have for us :D . i would have to agree with you wholeheartedly that everyone loves seeing cheerleaders get spanked :D . of course, i enjoy the black and white versions but the colored versions always seem preferable to me. the only observation i had about them is that only one of them showed the young ladies with red bottoms. since all of the cheerleaders are squalling and crying, i would think that nice, red bottoms would have been in order?? i did notice that the spanker's legs in all of them are a little too widely spaced for a good OTK position but that didn't spoil my enjoyment of them. thanks for getting these colorized versions for us :D phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!! YES every spanko love seeing Cheerleaders spanked :lol: both on their cotton color panty or bare bottom :D to me Cheerleader are like spoil Princesses that need to be taken down a peg :lol: especially the Pretty stuck up one like the most Popular girls in school oh how I wish back then to turn one of them across my knees a fan her plump bottom :lol: anyway I like these drawings from Ray Moore 8-) mainly the one calledThe Naughties Girls in Town! where two hot Cheerleader get it via hairbrush spanking over the Knees of their Fathers at the same time :twisted: the color version is much clearer though and you can read the caption. also the first one is nice with the guy spanking his girlfriend`s bare round tush over his lap in the bedroom 8-) really think this would have been better if the guy was a nerd getting his revenge on one of the cheerleader who humiliated him in School by spanking her :lol: GREAT GREAT DRAWINGS!!! and speaking of spanking Young college cheerleaders how bout seeing pro Football Cheerleaders getting it!How nice would it be to see a very curvy adult woman dressed in a pair of really tight short shorts having her large well form bottom slap silly otk :D that would be something! THANKS!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Mmmm! Nice update this week!
web-ed wrote:Comics Update: Yet more versions, these colorized, of Ray Moore's Cheerleader Spanking Stories surfaced a while back - we think two years ago as we salvaged what we could from Underground-Animations.com - and we're finally getting around to updating the page. There's something about seeing cheeleaders spanked that everyone likes!
web-ed wrote: (quoting from Pablo)"I like spanking, but only adult Male/Female. I feel the spanking situations [are] like a lovemaking session, so I like very much the romantic spanking scenes, the OTK postion, and the [motivation] that led to it. I don't like the use of [implements]. I prefer skin to skin contact but in [real life] I have no [spanking] experience... I like cartoons but I prefer the more elaborate drawings."
I don't know anything about Pablo, except what you've told us about him and the two pictures you showed us... but I think I like him already. I certainly agree with him about preferring M/F romantic scenes, and the use of the man's hand instead of an implement. The captions he added to the two pictures are nice too.

I suppose cheerleaders really do make a good subject for spanking fantasies. They're usually among the prettiest girls in the school... and some of them do have the arrogant attitudes like the stereotypes suggest. Mostly, I think it's the pleated skirts! Spankings and pleated skirts seem like they go together! Yum!

B.T.W. I haven't commented on last weeks alteration of a romance comic panel. I think I might be the one who made that one. I found a scan of the original on the "spanking panels" website, and played around with it a bit. I remember using the "clone brush" of my Paintshop program to put some of the dotted fleshtone from the lower part of her leg to the thigh and butt. It's a slow and tedious process, but the "end result" looks more like it might've been drawn that way to begin with.
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hello everyone!

I liked this weeks update, even though it's almost time for a new weekly update. in high school I used to be a cheerleader but unfortunately, no one offered to spank me! so with this weeks update I can remember my high school days when I was younger, lighter and better looking. the only thing I had missing was someone to spank me. as usual web-ed, I appreciate your hard work.

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:B.T.W. I haven't commented on last weeks alteration of a romance comic panel. I think I might be the one who made that one. I found a scan of the original on the "spanking panels" website, and played around with it a bit. I remember using the "clone brush" of my Paintshop program to put some of the dotted fleshtone from the lower part of her leg to the thigh and butt. It's a slow and tedious process, but the "end result" looks more like it might've been drawn that way to begin with.
I'll have to update the page again, B00m, to reflect your possible authorship.
daneldorado wrote:Nice to see those "Cheerleader Spanking Stories" again. About 20 years ago I enjoyed a brief correspondence with the guy who draws them. I'm pretty sure the name Ray Moore is a pseudonym. This guy was called Gary, I think. Anyway, his letters to me bared his thoughts about pretty girls getting spanked, even more than the pics he drew.

Gary would pen lengthy essays in his letters, always declaring his desires to see good spankings landing on girls' buttocks. I may be wrong, but I got the feeling that he could not live without seeing drawings and photos of girls getting spanked. It seemed to me that these pics were, for him, as essential as the air we breathe, the food we eat. In other words, the wishes he verbalized are pretty much what you and I, and all the CSR members, feel in our souls. :D
That's interesting, Dan - I'd long suspected that "Ray Moore" was a pseudonym, taken in honor of the Ray Moore who drew several of those great old Phantom spankings, but your recollections flesh out the character. I hope "Gary" knows about CSR, and of course I'd love to publish more of his stuff.

Butch, Phil, Dan, and Sunflower: thanks for the kind remarks and I'm glad you liked the updates.
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add Ray Moore mention
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/21/2014

Post by web-ed »

Comics Update: New high-quality scan of Kiki Kelly getting spanked in her very first comic-book appearance!

As mentioned, the spanking occurred the very first time Kiki Kelly saw print, which we'd call getting off to a great start! It was basically a one-page filler strip, and this turned out to be its only spanking. (All the issues of Crack Comics have complete scans available now except for #14, which was before Kiki's day).

Hugob00m posted a new O.T. Katie St. Patrick's Day adventure on - yes - St. Patrick's Day! You can check it out in his gallery here on the forum.

Phil (Overbarrel) has been busy also, but I can't tell you yet just what he's done because I haven't had a chance to look myself! :oops: Why don't we all go over to his gallery today and take a look?

Next Week: We revisit Crimes by Women #14 and see two new scans, one of which came from a reprinted version in a horror title! This is an odd reprinting history for a rather odd scene to begin with, but it's worth at least looking at. It's possible we'll have some other update as well.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

it appears that you did really on the update of the Kiki Kelly spanking :D . not only do you have the entire story for us...............which is always nice since our inquiring minds always want to know why the spanking is taking place 8-) ............but also it's such a nice, clear scan :D . you commented that Kiki is drawn as a gangly teenager which i agree with and i think that actually works out well in the spanking panel :D . i really like the way her legs are all splayed out as if she's just kicking wildly during the spanking and i think the gangly teenager way she's drawn just adds to that. also, i like it that she is drawn with a nice, round bottom :D . this is a very good update of this page and i'm glad you found this. thanks for the plug for my toon btw 8-) ;) . i appreciate that as well as the update. i'll be looking forward to the 10th anniversary. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! What a FANTASTIC JOB you doing on showing us more clearer scans from some of the best spanking in comics! THANKS 8-) WOW! KIKI Kelly do have a very large round spankable bottom :D it just too bad we didn`t get to see her father hairbrush landing on it a few times! Also a big THUMBS UP!! on letting us read the whole panel leading toward the spanking 8-) really wanted to know why she was being spanked :lol: the artist did a great job on making this spanking exciting with Kiki dressed in a nice tight skirt rear prop up high over her father`s lap legs flyig wildly in air about to be spanked with a hairbrush OUCH :lol: also the joke about her being too big add to the excitment :lol: this is another great spanking drawing from a comic and glad that you made it much better to see and read 8-) can`t wait for next week drawing :D THANKS!!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Comics Update: New high-quality scan of Kiki Kelly getting spanked in her very first comic-book appearance!

As mentioned, the spanking occurred the very first time Kiki Kelly saw print, which we'd call getting off to a great start! It was basically a one-page filler strip, and this turned out to be its only spanking. (All the issues of Crack Comics have complete scans available now except for #14, which was before Kiki's day).
I like the higher resolution scan of this comic, and appreciate the fact that you showed us the story that led up to Kiri getting spanked. Getting bubblegum on Daddy's suit pants, and then being more concerned for the gum than his clothes is a reason for spanking that I've never seen anywhere else, but it does really make sense! (Well, considering that she's a teenager!) The artist that drew her, gave her a VERY nicely-shaped backside! It's a shame that the spanker was her father. I'd rather see a pretty girl like that get turned over a boyfriend's knee! "She's too big!" I liked that line... but perhaps she REALLY WAS too big for parental spankings. A young man her own age could enjoy her shapeliness! (Without seeming CREEPY!)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/28/2014

Post by web-ed »

Comics Update: New scans of the odd spanking panel in Crimes by Women #14. These new scans aren't any better than the old one, but they do provide some interesting documentation, including the fact that the spanking was reprinted in a horror comic! If it hadn't been a reprint of a one-page filler item, I'd have to consider this the first spanking in a horror comic. Horror comics were big in the early 50's, but of course they didn't lend themselves to incorporating spankings into the plot the way romance comics did.

Because we're going to be very busy in April, let's do the March Spanking Search Report one week early. It was not much of a month for searching, with only a couple of thousand pages gone over and no M/F spankings found. Both items have been placed in the DB, but of course neither will be posted since the Mary Marvel story did not involve her giving the spanking and the other one was a horrible M/M scene where we least expected to find one - in a romance comic, of all places.

Pages searched: 2183
Total: 462057
Comic Spankings: 2

1. Wow #40 (Jan. 1946, Fawcett) – F/M, female gnome/male gnome, broom, bending over. Mary Marvel story about henpecked male gnomes; example of “melee spanking”.
2. Romantic Western #3 (June 1959, Fawcett), M/M, hand, OTK, Russ Maynard / Derek Lawson – a really unpleasant surprise in the middle of a romance comic

Next Week: Be sure to join us as the month long CSR Tenth Anniversary Celebration begins! :D We're going to have 12 very special updates (3 per week) that fall into several different categories. Since the backbone of this site is probably our comic-book material, we will have one actual comic scene per week, three of them never before seen! Then I decided to do one example each of the various types of features we've run over the years:
  • A comic strip spanking that should have been (Alley-Oop) from Tim, and along similar lines
  • DM Sherwood commissioned a re-written, re-drawn comic book scene from Aristocratic Xtraterrestrial Time-Travelling Thieves #3 so that it contained a bad girl spanking, and he shares it with us!
  • Fiction by MD! We've never emphasized spanking fiction here because there are other sites devoted completely to it, but on the other hand I've published a number of quality pieces over the years by different authors and I'd like to continue to do so in the future.
  • On several occasions, we've published spankings I had known about for many years but no one else in the spanko world seemed to have even suspected existed, and last year I managed to relocate one in a humor magazine I first discovered 34 years ago - and then lost!
  • The Humorama Series: a monumental undertaking to display all the great Humorama spanking cartoons that some readers probably prefer even to our famous comic-book stuff. After running continuously for 2 1/2 years, I halted it temporarily last August when I ran out of material, but I've found several more cartoons since then, and so I'm going to revive the series for one week only, long enough to bring you Secretary Spanking #42!
  • Video: This is another area that we're not particularly known for, but when you check out the index page you discover we've posted a lot of unique items over the years (we only started this section in 2010). I managed to capture a better-quality version of the little-known spanking scene from the American television series Route 66, and not content to rest there I've accompanied it with probably the longest critical commentary in spanking site history! I managed to drag in two additional video clips, discussions of dramatic technique and naturalism in television, the music of Nelson Riddle (I even transcribed his theme music!), the movie The Wolf Man, the Batman and The Fugitive TV series, and another, non-spanking episode of Route 66 that guest-starred Julie Newmar! It's an unbelievable tour de force, but if my commentary isn't to your taste, you can always just watch the spanking as Martin Milner lays down the law to Diane Baker!
  • And speaking of long-winded analyses, there's our often-overlooked Articles Section. To add to it, I'm finally going to publish the introduction and first chapter of my treatise on The Whys of Spanking, in which I explain why we do this thing we do. I've been promising this since the site opened back in April of 2004, so it's about time I finally got around to writing it. This isn't a "fun" type item, it's a serious disquisition for those spankos who are curious about why they enjoy giving (or receiving) spankings.
  • Finally, I'm going to do something on the CSR Forum each week: (1) Grateful Acknowledgements; (2) What it Takes to Do a Page on CSR; (3) Where CSR Stands Today; (4) Where Do We Go From Here?
You may not get anything done in the entire month of April except to follow all these updates, but it'll be time well spent, I promise! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

ok, the umbrella is a totally inappropriate spanking implement, in my opinion and somewhat absurd at that. it's also way too long for OTK use. i can understand why the wife looks sort of terrified as she may be risking getting impaled by something on the umbrella. i do like the OTK position though and it is a spanking so that much is good. i did enjoy the historical facts that you gave us. i knew that publications such as Humorama reprinted their own material but it hadn't dawned on me that drawings might be reprinted in different publications. was the reprinted page purchased by the company wanting to use it or perhaps the companies were owned by the same people? if you have more information on just how this worked, i'd appreciate it. i'll be eagerly awaiting the beginning of the 10th anniversary celebration :D . looking at the list of coming attractions, it promises to be an action packed month :D . i know you've been working feverishly on these updates and i'll risk not getting anything else done to follow them :lol: . thanks, phil