Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by web-ed »

Me2612 wrote:Some updates I found of past updates.
I'm sure all the CSR regulars join me in welcoming you to our board, Me2612 :) ! And thanks for your patience as it did take me awhile to fix your enrollment. We're very glad to have you with us.

Also, thanks for the updates. I will add the first two to the relevant pages. As to the third, which was an uncensored version of the recent "MJ Spanks Gwen".... well, the truth is someone had already sent it to me and I decided I wouldn't add it to the page. It was a close call and I don't like to be censorious, but I thought it was just a little too overtly sexual even though no actual sex act is shown. In a way, that's a tribute to the artist, Rebecca, whose powerful eroticism is one of her outstanding characteristics. Elsewhere on this board we had a long discussion on the subject of what I prefer to call "Exposure" - the display of intimate female anatomy. You can find it here if you're interested. Briefly, my conclusion is that while I wouldn't rule it out if it wasn't completely gratuitous, if I was going to show it it would have to be incidental to the spanking.

My feeling is that in this case it was a little more than that, and that's why I'm not going to add it to the page. It's also why I removed it from your post - hated to do it as I do not ordinarily edit the postings here, but anything else would be inconsistent with not adding it to the page. I hope this explanation suffices and that you understand - I certainly don't want to discourage you from sharing your thoughts and even your discoveries with the rest of us.
-- Web-Ed
Me2612

Post by Me2612 »

Understood, and no problem.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! WELL Summer is over and it Back to School :lol: First drawing Teacher Gets A lesson from Her Student :twisted: the art work is great along with the fine coloring with the beautiful teacher bent over her own desk being spank by a tough young student :o this look like a Ward or Bilbrew drawing ! this is a harsh spanking being done by a sadist student who seem to be enjoying himself while humiliating her in front of the class :twisted: there no humor in this drawing plus he looks like he want to have sex with her after! spanking a teacher got to be one of the all time favorite of young spankos remember wanting to turn plenty of females teachers across my knee back in the days :D but this drawing take the fun out of the fantasty :x Good drawing bad scenoir :x Thumbs up to Dan Rivera who did a Great teacher spanking drawing ! now that was funny 8-) Richard Windsor sure finds some of the best Spanking Photos back in the days EVEr 8-) ! and this one of a paddle party at The University of Kansa is GREAT 8-) don`t think Sally will be smiling for long after a few more whacks from that paddle :lol: I`m a big fan of seeing spanking drawings or pictures of spankings from the Golden Days :D life certainly was Good back when :D THANKS RICHARD WINDSOR!!! 8-)
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 09/10/2015

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:This week, it's our Back to School Special!
  • Teacher Gets a Lesson from her students - and as you probably guessed, it's a lesson in how to administer corporal punishment!.
Hmmm! Too bad I never got to spank a teacher when I was in school... but really, none of my teachers were that spankable!
web-ed wrote:[*]We go back to school - in fact all the way back to the University of Kansas in 1954 - to visit a delightful Paddle Party! [/list]
University of Kansas! That's my state! Also, I was around in 1954, but only a year old... not old enough yet to appreciate seeing a pretty woman getting spanked.

Thanks for finding these pictures.

And I didn't get a chance to comment earlier about your conclusion to Super Spanking Summer, but I really liked getting to see four M/F cartoon drawings! Thanks for all your hard work in finding this kind of stuff!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/18/2015

Post by web-ed »

It's one more week of Back to School:
  • We revisit a College Spanking which was re-imagined by Pablo a while back as one former student spanking another. We discovered a lot more about it in the meantime so we'll take another look at it now.
For the links please visit the Home Page, http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/ho ... _page.html.

O.K., this might seem like slim pickings this week, but (1) It took a fair amount of time to research and prepare; (2) I need the time to prepare for Homecoming Month in October (we'll say more about it next week which is already our last September update); and (3) It's a very nice OTK spanking as finished by Pablo as I'm sure everyone will agree. :)

Besides, our Resident Artists have been very busy lately so they're taking up any slack, and since I've got my monthly pitch to join this board up on the Home Page let me take the time here to thank them and provide some links:

First is Dan's Return of Captain Woodshed

[End Part 1 of post]
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/18/2015 - Part Two

Post by web-ed »

Because each post is limited to containing two URL's, this is the continuation of the previous post.

Then Hugob00m surprised most everyone with O. T. Katie's Birthday Scrapbook

Longest-running of all has been Overbarrel's Family Tradition.

If you're new to CSR you may be a bit awed by the sheer quantity of material here (not to mention our editorial brilliance ;) ) - hundreds of spankings on the main site and something like 1400 attachments on this board - and haven't seen the RA's yet, this would be a good time to get acquainted with them. You'll be glad you did :D !

Next Week: we revisit the second version of the Phantom/Queen Pera spanking and look at a new alteration once again done by Pablo. No one should be surprised to see that he has bared the Queen's bottom (oh, my!) and intensified the spanking. And get ready for Homecoming Month, because it will be here in two weeks!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

well, i can certainly understand why there was so much confusion about just who was the original artist. good detective work to figure this all out for us by the way :D . I've seen this drawing before. I might even have it in my files somewhere but either way, I've always liked this one. first off, I like the OTK position with the spankees bottom well turned up over the spanker's right leg......perfect for spanking......just as it should be 8-) . the spankee is also nicely shaped too although i have to admit that i like the modifications Pablo made to her bottom :D . i also thought it was a nice touch that the spankee's panties are lying on the floor where she can see them 8-) . i love her expression too :lol: . it's obvious that Hobbs is an excellent artist from the drawing of the players to the wrinkles in the clothes, to the light and shading and all the little details :D . i also like the animated version. nicely flattening bottom cheek and coloring of her well spanked bottom :D as a matter of fact, i can't find a single version of this one on this page that doesn't have things i like :D . good update and also updated information this week :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB ED CSR!! Unlike The national Lampoon College Spanking with is the Best EVER 8-) this one from Pablo is PRETTY NICE! the otk is GREAT with the beautiful College cutie bottom up turning a nice shade of red :D if only the spanker was seated in a chair giving the girl room to kick! the spanking is hard and I love her pleads of I`m Sorry :D The Hobbs version is a lot better to me because of the old bald Professor spanking the hot young college girl`s bare bottom :twisted: :D also the animation one of Hobbs is GREAT! 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 09/18/2015

Post by web-ed »

The Hobbs version is a lot better to me because of the old bald Professor spanking the hot young college girl`s bare bottom :twisted: :D also the animation one of Hobbs is GREAT! 8-)
Well, I'm glad you liked it, Butch - I think both versions are very good examples of OTK spanking for the reasons Phil outlined in his comments. As a matter of fact, years ago I was reluctant to post the original version because I thought the girl might be under 18, so Pablo helped me out by redrawing the old bald professor as the girl's classmate and adding dialogue indicating they were both graduates now. And in the end I did post the original anyway. :roll:
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 09/18/2015

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: years ago I was reluctant to post the original version because I thought the girl might be under 18
I can understand your reluctance, since the girl is a student and because her face looks so youthful. But, if she's a high school senior, or a college student, she could very well be over eighteen. And the width of her hips would indicate that she must be older than her face seems to be.

I like the altered version with the man changed into a classmate... along with a bit of added dialog to give him a reason to be spanking her. (It reminds me a bit of an O.T. Katie strip I did about Katie's first spanking. She was over eighteen, and the spanking she got was retribution for falsely incriminating a classmate.This can be found at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=176&start=110 )
jimc

Post by jimc »

It is always great to see the National Lampoon cover as since it is 40 years old I was 20 myself when I 1st saw it. I was in the service and I found it at a corner newsstand I bought it immediately of course and was one of my favorite pieces that I collected as you did not have to be 21 to buy it. There were quite a few of interesting articles in that issue if I remember right and if you have the issue there may be other finds in there that you might post as well. I think their was one about that time that featured Bill Hudson (Kate Hudson's father and Goldie Hawn husband) of the Hudson Brothers singing group in some western inspired spanking in another magazine and one in a magazine called OUI that had a story about Hitler and Eva Braun in a spanking relationship quite a moving picture in that as well. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/25/2015

Post by web-ed »

First, even though I just updated this board's software in mid-August to version 3.1.5, version 3.1.6 has recently come out and I decided to install it last night. I was this close to having everything done just right when disaster struck - my control panel deleted the entire board directory instead of just a temporary installation sub-directory. If you tried to sign on for about a 12-hour period beginning late last night, you would have found the board unavailable. Finally I was able to get the back-up files in place, but they of course were not updated even though the data bases had been. What that means is that I think we've got a hybrid version running right now, half 3.1.5 and half 3.1.6. Since the installer thinks it's 3.1.6 already, it won't let me proceed.

What to do? My plan is to wait for 3.1.7 to come out and then hope I can upgrade successfully to it. In the mean time, please report any new problems you have in using the board.

For links to this week's updates, please visit the Home Page.

One of the greatest comic spankings of all time is The Phantom/Queen Pera. Long-time CSR readers may remember that a few years ago we did a "Focus on The Phantom" month which among other things revealed that there had been a second, Swedish version of this great spanking, and it's that one we revisit this week. Pablo enhanced what was already a fine drawing by baring Pera's bottom, thus increasing both the sting and the humiliation for the young queen. The humbling of a powerful woman by forcing her to submit to a spanking has tremendous appeal, even outside the spanking world, as can be seen by the fact that Oxken did his own enhanced version four years ago, which you'll see just above Pablo's on the page. This is the only update I had time for this week, but it's a good one!

Next Week: It's the start of Homecoming Month here on CSR. Now, Homecoming appears to have originated among colleges, but it quickly spread to high schools as well, and the one we have in mind is Riverdale High! Yes, we're going to have both independent art and actual examples from the Archie line of comics. I've only located one new actual Archie/Veronica whack from the comics themselves, but in addition we'll revisit a Betty spanking (now in full color!), see independent art with Archie/Betty, Betty/Veronica, Mr. Weatherbee/Betty, and ponder some missed opportunities with positions, pratfalls, and behinds in jeopardy! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

Uh-huh! i suspected that something was amiss when i tried to open the board this morning and was unable to. at first, i was concerned that someone had been messing with it again. however, when i tried a second time and got a message that the site was under construction, i had a hunch that you were doing something with it, or at least knew there was a problem and were working on it. anyway, i felt better then and decided to just wait till afternoon when i found the board up and running :D . it all sounds like quite a struggle and i appreciate all the work it took for you to get us up again and the updates installed :D .

Now, as for the Phantom and Queen Pera.............i heartily approve of the modifications made by Pablo :D . i love the way, when he bares a female bottom in a drawing, that he also enhances the curves of the aforementioned bottom 8-). i mean, there's a shapely, spankable, red, bare bottom.........her skirt is raised and her panties lowered.........what's not to like :D ? i also like her new expression, indicating that she is really feeling his hand landing on her naked, quivering bottom 8-) . i noticed that he altered her hands which i think is an improvement also since it seems like she is struggling and thrashing around more, which goes with her new expression too :lol: .

i noticed that the panel you have labeled, "phantom spanks pera swedish panel 2" did not open on the page with the others but does open if you right click and click view image. i don't know if that's a problem with the page or perhaps it just didn't open on my computer for some reason. i was going to click on reload image but that option was absent when i right clicked on it. also, none of the panels on the page can be clicked on to enlarge.........which i know you do sometimes. however, all but one will open in a larger size if you right click on them and click view image. again, i don't know if this is a problem or if they are just done differently. i'll leave it to you to figure all that out. great update this week :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 09/25/2015

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:i noticed that the panel you have labeled, "phantom spanks pera swedish panel 2" did not open on the page with the others but does open if you right click and click view image. i don't know if that's a problem with the page or perhaps it just didn't open on my computer for some reason. i was going to click on reload image but that option was absent when i right clicked on it. also, none of the panels on the page can be clicked on to enlarge.........which i know you do sometimes. however, all but one will open in a larger size if you right click on them and click view image. again, i don't know if this is a problem or if they are just done differently. i'll leave it to you to figure all that out. great update this week :D . thanks, phil
The "phantom spanks pera swedish panel 2" message is what we call "alternate text," coded into the page to be displayed only if the browser cannot display the picture for some reason. (If you don't code anything, nothing is displayed under this error condition except a red "X" with Internet Explorer). I actually used this alternate text twice (the 2nd time by mistake, of course, when I copied the IMG tag), first for the original panel and then for the version modified by Oxken. I rechecked the code and could find no error with either picture (sometimes browsers will display something even if a coding error is made), and both pictures appear on my PC using either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox (I really should install Google Chrome so I could test with it also, but I haven't gotten around to it). Therefore I can't explain why this one picture did not appear, although I suspect it's a browser error. Reloading the page might correct the problem.

Now as to clicking on the panels to enlarge, you're right, that's a feature I often put in. It's an extra line of code that simply hyperlinks directly to the picture instead of another web page (browsers can handle pictures correctly even when not part of a web page - in other words you could display any of your personal pictures by opening it with your browser, although most people prefer a more convenient application). My normal practice is to do this if the picture's absolute size is larger than I'm going to display it on the page.

Let me explain that: every digital picture has a file size (how big it is in bytes) and an absolute size (its length and width in pixels). But on webpages like those here at CSR, I control the size of the picture on the page by parameters specifying pixels that could be a different size from the picture's actual size. As an easy example, the Humorama cartoons are generally about 800 pixels wide by 1100 pixels height (I control this when I scan and fix them). I choose 1100 for the height because it's twice the size I'm going to display it on the page, 550 pixels (determined long ago by trial and error). This gives you a very sharp-looking image and also means there's no reason not to allow the viewer to display it at double-size, so I add the code to do this.

If the picture is the same size (or smaller!) than it's going to be displayed on the page, there's no reason to hyperlink to it. With the particular panels on this page, they are in fact double-size, so I imagine it's simply that I didn't think of adding that code years ago. I'd guess I probably started coding the "click to enlarge" capability around 2011. Anyway, rest assured that when you download the actual image, you are getting the full-sized picture (as long as you're not using the thumbnail!).

Hope you're not sorry you asked, Phil :lol: ! Lots of technical explanations this week from the resident uber-geek :ugeek: .
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! The Phantom Spanks Queen Pera drawing one of the all time Classic Phantom spanking 8-) Next to The Skyband :D whats stands out in this drawing is the over the knee position PERFECT the very shapely Female outstanding plump bottom 8-) and the humiliation she going through :lol: Oxken did a good job removing everything and centering on only the spanking 8-) but I much prefer to see the witnesses standing there watching as their Proud Queen get her comeuppance via an over the knee SPANKING :D :lol: :lol: Now comes Pablo SUPER HOT UP GRADE of and already GREAT DRAWING! Queen Pera does have a very large rear and it no wonder The Phantom decided to spank it bare :lol: the otk in Pablo`s version is GREAT and I also notice she had panty on under that gown which is now lower :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: her facial expression shows pain :lol: Like I said this is a SUPER Hot HOT!! drawing and Pablo prove he can do a GREAT job on up grading A CLASSIC :D 8-) 8-) THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Hi, all. Great to see CSR still here, as so many spanking sites are gone, or inactive( like most Yahoo group ones).
Have not been here for a long time. Was in a shared computer situation that made visiting sites like this unwise or impractical. So now back after over year's absence, so lots of catching up to do.
As for this week, have always loved the Phantom's spankings and wish there were more. How delicious it was seeing Queen Pera getting it on the bare bottom! As we know she got another spanking later in the strip from her lover. Occurs to me that should have happened too,also bare.. In that case might have needed a panel showing her eating off the mantel"
Hard to say which Phantom spanking is my favorite. Really like the one where he spanked the two "Sky Pirates" because one was given over a skimpy(for the 40s) costume. And wish that the Marshall sisters spanking had shown both girls getting it.
But that one contains one of the greatest after the spanking panels ever, the girl standing up in the passenger seat saying lets go someplace where we don't have to sit!
Only wish there more"after" scenes ,like one showing a girl or woman frantically rubbing her bottom ,or sitting on a pillow.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

OK, so now Queen Pera has a bare arse.

i suppose that was a natural progression.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, web-ed

The Phantom/Queen Pera spanking,in my opinion, is one of the best ever from an old-time comic strip. The young queen's imperious behavior seems to be the result of her immaturity... and in the end, she seems to benefit from the spankings she gets... first from the Phantom and then from Jorge.

And another thing: in the original, as well as the Swedish re-make, she's fully clothed for her punishment, but her royal dress appears to be made of some thin slinky fabric that doesn't offer much protection for her backside! Of course, in a comic strip of that era, baring the young queen's bottom would never have gotten past the censors... but now we have Pablo's altered drawing that does have her lovely round bottom bared!

Although I wish there had been some panels showing the aftermath of the spanking, I suppose I'll have to imagine that she ate her next few meals from the mantel, and that she had to pile some very soft pillows on her throne before attempting to sit on it.

And what about Jorge? Perhaps his declaration of love, along with a second spanking, was just the beginning. I'm thinking that maybe the two of them would've wound up getting married, and that his position as the royal consort would've afforded him the privilege of spanking the queen whenever he thought she needed it! Maybe sometime I'll have to draw my version of the happy couple!

Thanks for posting this new addition to the Phantom/Queen Pera collection... and I'm glad you were able to finally work out the technical problems with your website.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:OK, so now Queen Pera has a bare arse.

i suppose that was a natural progression.
Around here it sure is :lol: !
Tanner wrote:Hi, all. Great to see CSR still here, as so many spanking sites are gone, or inactive( like most Yahoo group ones).
Have not been here for a long time. Was in a shared computer situation that made visiting sites like this unwise or impractical. So now back after over year's absence, so lots of catching up to do.
We've missed you, Tanner - glad you're back. :D Yes, visiting spanking sites is a bit difficult on a shared computer. JimC. has had a lot of problems with getting a computer to use also.

I wish I could help you play catch-up on CSR, but it's very difficult without actually going back and reading all the posts under this topic for the past year. The reason is that although I generally place more recent items near the top of the gallery thumbnail pages, my passion for grouping like things together often takes over, so sometimes more recent Batgirl spankings, for instance, are down on the page a ways next to other Batgirl spankings. But basically I would say just go through each department one at a time looking for images you haven't seen before. Two standout sets of items would be the romance comic spankings in February and the resumed Humorama series right after that, in Comics Gallery 2 and the Humor Gallery respectively. You may also have missed a few things on the Video Page.

And yes, I'm glad to still be around after so many other spanking sites have bitten the dust. There's really only a few of us old-timers left now. But I don't plan on going anywhere, even though I keep thinking I should train a younger "disciple" who could take over for me in case something happens.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Funny that you mentioned a younger disciple to take over when you retire as that is what got you thinking about the database and other things as we were afraid that the old timers (ahem ) would lose their collections and all that spanko history would be lost. So I hope that you do start looking for that disciple that can code; fix our computer problems and of course be on the lookout for the other spanking finds that you have looked for and found to share with the rest of us grateful spankos. Have a great day.
Jim