Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/13/2012

Post by web-ed »

Another typical week of insanity here at CSR, and I hope no one is disappointed when in the future the pace inevitably slows down. In fact, I think maybe everyone's getting a little tired, so next week I'll try to keep things calmer. Here's what's going on besides 5 more updates this week:
  • New logo - I was happy with the old one, at least to the extent that it was the best I could do with my limited graphics skills, but because it incorporated the famous image of Batman spanking Marcia Monroe I was worried about DC alleging trademark infringement, which would be harder for me to defend than a copyright case. Therefore, I replaced Bats in the center of the logo with the Matt Baker spanking from Teen-Age Romances #3.
  • Facelift - as I think I've mentioned before, monitor sizes and screen resolutions have increased since I began CSR in 2004. Therefore, I've decided to increase the size of the gallery thumbnail images from 100 pixels high to a height of 150 px., increasing the area by a factor of 2.25. I've also decided to reorganize Comics Galleries 1 and 2 so that original comics material is almost exclusively found in Gallery 2 while "fan art" (we need a better term for this) and special features are in Gallery #1. I'm also going to renovate some of the individual pieces in Gallery 1 since they were among the very first I ever coded for the site. I won't link to these pages in the weekly updates, though, unless I've got new scans to make it worth your while to check them out. I've already begun the process, updating about 100 thumbnails and moving 3 pages this week.

All of this is going to take time, and I only mention it here because some of you may notice gaps or "holes" in the galleries while the process is going on. I've always disliked "please pardon our dust" pages on web sites, because I think it makes them look unprepared, but in this case there's no way I can hide what's going on - it takes a great deal of effort to move a page from one gallery to another. After all the pages are moved, I'll "patch" all the holes by re-arranging the thumbnails (except for a few that will remain purposely in place and which I hope I'll remember to explain at that time).
  • The Comics Spanking Data Base - I really never thought there would be more than 200 spankings in this DB, yet we've passed 500 in only two years! It's so large now that even with the search tools I designed into it for everyone to use, searching had become rather cumbersome. To do the research for my recent series on The Effects of the Comics Code, I was forced to write and submit customized SQL queries - something I can do but the rest of you can't. Therefore, I've enhanced the search capabilities by adding Start and End Years so you can search specific time frames. This is in addition to the old features that allowed searching by Title, Publisher, Personnel (that is, the spanker and spankee), and perhaps most important of all, Type (which allows you to view only M/F scenes, for example). These search fields may be used in any combination you wish - some pretty neat coding on my part, if I say so myself - and it worked the first time I tested it last Sunday, with no debugging required! :geek: Also, all searches will now state the number of rows retrieved (i.e. spankings found) at the bottom of the results, making it easy to determine, say, how many M/F spankings Archie published between 1940 and 1950, without having to count the rows of the table yourself.

I also rewrote the text on both the main and search pages, and placed the "search" button higher on the main page so you can't miss it. Finally, I added the total number of spankings from ten more important publishers (Marvel and DC were already there) at the bottom of the main DB page. And I did all this over the past weekend! You might want to visit the DB pages and take a test drive. :)
For links to this week's updates please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).
  • Another drawing by Paolo Serpieri is colored (with plenty of red) by Doctor Cylon.
  • Humorama update: Bill Ward's Swatting Flies (among other things) is colored by Todd.
  • Humorama Series #84 - A female teacher is spanked by the principal as we continue with the cartoons of Dan DeCarlo.
  • Another odd French-language comics scene featuring a stroke of the whip.
  • Years ago I wrote an article on "How to Paddle, Strap, and Cane". I felt that certain points required fleshing out, and I was never satisfied with the machine-generated code (done by word-processor) which I only used due to time pressure. Almost every page on CSR is hand-coded, and that's the way I like it! Therefore, this article has been revised, expanded, and re-coded so that it's much easier to read.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by hugob00m »

I havent logged in for a while, since I've been spending more time lately with one of my other passions (music). I just wanted to log on today to say how much I enjoy your weekly updates, and appreciate all the hard work you put into your galleries. My favorite this week is the Decarlo upgrade. Miss Jones has such a pretty backside that the principal just had to come up with an excuse to spank her! :D :D Right? ;)
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Couple points about this week's . I agree with your comments on the French comic. I really do not care for scenes that are more like harsh whippings and not spanking. A good spanking comic or cartoon always has at some level an element of the humorous. This one does not
Liked the Humoramas. Have mixed feelings about modifications of old spanking cartoons to make them barebottom, that its not good to tamper with an original. Besides, love pics of vintage lingerie, including depiction of a good "pantywarming" as someone once put it.
As always the Doc Cylon was great. Especially liked this one because she resembled a certain Warrior Princess that some of us think could use some red coloring on the part of her anatomy where it would do the most good!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

seems like i've made this comment before but Doc Cylon sure can pick a nicely shaped bottom to color :D . like you said, nothing like making up a reason to give a young lady a swat on her rear end and i guess swatting flies is as good as any :lol: . i like the surprised expression she's sporting too. it seems our principal also has no aversion to making up an excuse to spank a teacher too :lol: . again, i like the startled expression on her face and i think the position of her hands and body adds to that effect also. nice view of her other end too...........nicely framed by her panties :D . nothing wrong with funbun's alterations though. i like to think of his altered version just being a little later in the spanking after he had warmed her up over her panties ;) . nicely drawn young lady in the french comic and i like her position. i agree with you on a couple points............ i can't say i care much for the look of the man with the crop. i have seen a number of spanking drawings depicting that downward stroke and i can't say that i care for that either. seems like the artist probably just didn't understand the proper way to apply it. i thought your article about how to strap, paddle and cane was excellent. i enjoyed reading it. good descriptions of all the positions and their strengths and weaknesses too. i would add that i still like the otk position best because of the added contact between the spanker and spankee and also the added control available if necessary for a struggling spankee. although, i do think that the intimate contact between the spanker and spankee probably has as least as much effect on the spankee emotionally as physically. i was glad to see that you included the emotional aspects of spanking as part of your article. i personally that makes your discussion more accurate and complete. it was interesting reading. i appreciate all the time you spent putting it together :D . another good update. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Another great week of Updates, Web-ed! Here, you prove once and for all, that you are the world's foremost authority on all things female spanko. One might even say, you are a research virtuoso!

You begin with an excellent drawing by the late, great Paolo Serpieri. This one depicts a comely young lady in dismay, clinging to a rock wall (a prison wall?) while standing in a pool of some sort of liquid, about one foot deep. There is no spanking in the painting, but Serpieri does treat us to a great view of the lady's perfect bare buttocks. You (or Doc Cylon?) have added a redness to her glutes, artistically displaying what looks like a young woman who has just been well and soundly spanked.

I'll take a pass on the Bill Ward "swatting flies" toon. But a little farther down the page, you've added Dan DeCarlo's excellent toon of a school principal demonstrating to a young, nubile teacher how to spank her students "when the children misbehave." And thank you for adding my name to your commentary, showing that I unearthed a good photocopy of that toon, way back when.

Further along, we see a good depiction of a French comic, where some lunatic (to judge from his appearance) swats a bent-over young woman with a riding crop. I have never approved of striking human glutes with an instrument as harsh as a riding crop; nor even a belt, a cane, nor any other instrument that has the potential of cutting into her skin. Yes, I love to spank women; but I draw the line at being so brutal as to use a tool that can tear into skin.

Nevertheless, the artwork here is good enough to draw our admiration. The unidentified artist has given us a great example of proper perspective, showing the bent-over girl in the foreground, her tormentor in the background, with numerous "pain" lines radiating out from her distressed rear end.

Of course I have no idea what the storyline is, behind this cartoon... and I don't know what "sin" the girl committed to invite a punishment this severe. My own (admittedly simplistic) tendency is to sit down, put the girl over my knee, and use the palm of the sturdy right hand the Good Lord gave me, to chastise the offender till Kingdom Come.

In all, a great new "update," Web-ed.

I might add, by way of postscript, that on the "Resident Artists" page you created for me, I have had to delete my last few cartoons for lack of response from members of your group. If I were to go to the trouble to post anything there again, it will have to be something I already have handy, not something that I put a lot of work into, only to get zero response from my target audience.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB- ED CSR!!! :D Love the drawing of the beautiful I think Brazilian woman by Paolo Serpieri but the paddling giving to her by Doctor Cylon seem to harsh!! Looking at her large well shape buttocks I notice on her left cheek what seem to be blood and raw broken skin meaning the paddling was to hard! Now don`t get me wrong I love seeing a woman with a nice red bottom but I really don`t want to see them hurt! Spanked a woman once with a hairbrush to hard and drew blood I felted real bad even though the woman didn`t complain. Anyway Nice drawing and great coloring by Doctor Cylon :D Like Bill Ward`s Swatting Fly off a Woman Bottom drawing but don`t like the color version to much. Meaning i think something that classic shouldn`t be made in color just like those old b&w films that TCM colorizes from time to time :x Like the B&W drawing from Ward Better :D Also like the French comic of the woman being spanked with a strap nice facial expression on her and the way the artist shows the swish of the strap landing on her tush :lol: this is a hard spanking :D The Teacher being spanked by the Principal looks so much like Veronica from Archie is the reason why I love this drawing Mr. Decarlo always had a way of drawing very sexy round bottom woman in his pin up arts :D Too bad he didn`t add more spanking when he did Archie and Josie! Nice otk position of the Teacher the spanker is using the right hand to spank with but the only problem is her panty wish they was more skimpy showing some butt cheeks or maybe bare :lol: her panty look more like shorts :D Learn a lot from your How to Paddle Strap and cane and being a guy with a heavy hand when it comes to using tools such as belts brushes and switches I really love your advice! 8-) Sometime a guy is too afriad to use a tool on a woman no matter how much he want to spank her large bottom with a hairbrush or belt!! THANKS!! 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/13/2012

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:I havent logged in for a while, since I've been spending more time lately with one of my other passions (music). I just wanted to log on today to say how much I enjoy your weekly updates, and appreciate all the hard work you put into your galleries. My favorite this week is the Decarlo upgrade. Miss Jones has such a pretty backside that the principal just had to come up with an excuse to spank her! :D :D Right? ;)
Absolutely, B00m! Music is one of Man's greatest achievements, so you've been absent for good cause, but we're glad to have you back. And it's good to hear you like the work I put into CSR - you're certainly welcome. I understand that not everyone can check in every week because of time constraints (we haven't heard from JimC in a while, either, and I'll bet he just hasn't been able visit us lately). I'm going to touch upon this issue again when I get to Dan's comments.
Tanner wrote:Have mixed feelings about modifications of old spanking cartoons to make them bare bottom, that it's not good to tamper with an original.
overbarrel49 wrote:nothing wrong with funbun's alterations though. i like to think of his altered version just being a little later in the spanking after he had warmed her up over her panties
I appreciate the purist spirit - after all, we wouldn't take the Mona Lisa's pants down when displaying her in an art gallery - but as I always seem to wind up with these altered versions, I like to place them together with the originals they're based on for convenient reference. And I admit I do kind of like to see the spankee's bare bottom...also see Phil's comment above. :)
overbarrel49 wrote:i thought your article about how to strap, paddle and cane was excellent. i enjoyed reading it. good descriptions of all the positions and their strengths and weaknesses too.
Thanks, Phil - I knew interest might be limited because of the strong preference many have for spanking OTK by hand only, so it's good to know you liked it. And I'd like to think that somewhere out there in spanko-land, every night some of these positions and techniques are used on at least one pretty bare battom thanks to the article :) !
daneldorado wrote:Another great week of Updates, Web-ed! Here, you prove once and for all, that you are the world's foremost authority on all things female spanko. One might even say, you are a research virtuoso! ...I might add, by way of postscript, that on the "Resident Artists" page you created for me, I have had to delete my last few cartoons for lack of response from members of your group. If I were to go to the trouble to post anything there again, it will have to be something I already have handy, not something that I put a lot of work into, only to get zero response from my target audience.
Dan - thank you, sincerely, for this lavish praise. It means a great deal coming from you, and I am honored.

Now as to your latest "Spanky Sal" post - when I checked in on Monday, I think there might have only been replies from myself and Phil, and perhaps no more after that (it was gone by the time I checked again). I really don't know what to tell you - some people don't subscribe to the board but only check it manually once per week or so, so they may not make a 48-hour window. Some people may not be able to check in even that frequently. Even allowing for this, it's something of a mystery since every month one of the top 10 search strings that brings people to CSR from a search engine is - "Spanky Sal"! And there are also inquiries for "Sam Swatt" and a few other things that show the interest in your work is definitely there - the interest, but not, evidently, the desire to post comments on the work being sought after.

We've gone over this issue before, and I wish I had more answers. I can only think there are a lot of dedicated "lurkers" who are not going to post no matter what, and there's probably nothing we can do to change that. I have to hope and believe there is a secret audience out there who likes what we're doing (not to forget about the gang here who posts regularly). CSR gets something like 25,000 unique visitors every month, and a lot of them have to be coming back because they like what they see - perhaps we can be content with that.
Last edited by web-ed on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix date.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/16/2012

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Hi WEB- ED CSR!!! :D Love the drawing of the beautiful I think Brazilian woman by Paolo Serpieri but the paddling giving to her by Doctor Cylon seem to harsh!! Looking at her large well shape buttocks I notice on her left cheek what seem to be blood and raw broken skin meaning the paddling was to hard! Now don`t get me wrong I love seeing a woman with a nice red bottom but I really don`t want to see them hurt! ... Like Bill Ward`s Swatting Fly off a Woman Bottom drawing but don`t like the color version to much. Meaning i think something that classic shouldn`t be made in color just like those old b&w films that TCM colorizes from time to time :x Like the B&W drawing from Ward Better :D... The Teacher being spanked by the Principal looks so much like Veronica from Archie is the reason why I love this drawing ... Learn a lot from your How to Paddle Strap and cane and being a guy with a heavy hand when it comes to using tools such as belts brushes and switches I really love your advice! 8-)
I usually consolidate my responses to comments on the updates, but somehow yesterday I managed to forget yours, Butch, so let me correct that now.
  1. On the Serpieri/Cylon piece: I noticed the marking too, but I thought it was merely uneven areas of red and perhaps a light contusion. I didn't like it particularly, but I didn't think it was blood or broken skin - if I did, I never would have posted it because like you I don't ever want to see a spankee really hurt. Light weals and contusions are a far as I'm willing to go on this site, and Doctor Cylon has never even gone beyond simple redness to the best of my recollection. I don't believe he intended to add more than simple redness here. Looking at it again just now, it occurs to me that Serpieri may have put in some water droplets which, with the color added, could be interpreted as blood - I don't have the original art for comparisons.
  2. Colorizing and otherwise altering the classic Humorama cartoons: we're getting some lively discussion on this point, I'm glad to say. You're the first to liken it to the colorizing of old B & W movies, but I think the comparison is appropriate. In my reply to Tanner's comments on this matter, I conceded that we shouldn't de-pants classic works of art like the Mona Lisa; on the other hand, I've always found color to be more erotic than B & W, and we will have a few more Humorama colorizations from Todd in the future, but of course we'll also have plenty of original B & W source material. The Humorama cartoons were B & W because the digests had to be produced as cheaply as possible - they couldn't go through the four-color process that comics did - and obviously B & W art has a long and distinguished history. Still, I'm always going to prefer color myself.
  3. The teacher looks like Veronica - indeed she does! And we'll see a spanking policeman who looks a lot like Reggie Mantle in a few weeks. :)
  4. Glad you liked the revised "how to" article. I may revise one or two others this year, or perhaps write some other new ones - we'll see.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/20/2012

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).

I think everyone has been a little tired lately, perhaps from the spate of long articles, so believing that we could all use a breather, I have "only" four updates (actually, four was my weekly goal for this year, but I've exceeded it every week until now). This week I've been rather occupied with gallery renovation and construction of a new Humorama Spanking Cartoon Data Base. I do have another article completed, but it's a fun and light-hearted look at Humorama Spanking Positions :) and not another heavily analytic piece like the recent ones on Comics. I plan to schedule it sometime in May. Now for the updates:
  • Another drawing of Jessica by Julius Zimmerman, another ruler by Doctor Cylon, another satisfying spanking for CSR.
  • Humorama update: Bill Wenzel's Cop Spanking Scofflaw aroused a good deal of commentary when we posted it last December. Both Dan and Phil observed that something appeared to be wrong with the cop's spanking hand, and Dan went so far as to correct the fingers and to speculate as to what they originally held. We have recently unearthed proof that Dan's speculation was correct, and we'll see it now in the form of the first reprinted version of the cartoon from 1962.
  • Humorama Series #85 - A wife complains to her spanking husband that he could instead reprimand her by putting his foot down as we continue with the cartoons of Dan DeCarlo.
  • Danger Girl Abbey Chase finds that it's her derriere that's endangered when she bends over wearing a skirt that's way too short!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

as usual, nice animation and coloring by Doc Cylon.................complete with sound effects :lol: . good job finding confirmation on the pic with the cop holding the night stick. of course, the version i personally prefer is the one modified by Dan. a night stick is, of course, used for clobbering someone and is totally inappropriate for a spanking. your article about humorama sounds really interesting and i'll be looking forward to it. very nicely shaped, pretty wife getting a spanking in the DeCarlo drawing. good expressions on both spanker and spankee, good otk position, nice panties and hose and holding her dress up. what's not to like :D . Abbey makes a nice looking spy . too bad there's only one swat. i'll take it though :lol: . thanks for another great update. looking forward to the next one. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/20/2012

Post by hugob00m »

Great update as usual! I'm glad you were able to find an older copy of the Wenzel spanking in the park cartoon, but I still wonder if the nightstick was added before it was taken out. It seems uncharacteristic of Bill Wenzel to draw a man using any kind of implement on a lady's backside, especially one so brutal!

I liked the Dan Decarlo putting his foot down cartoon the most this week. In spite of Decarlo's flaws, he is quite adept at drawing a pretty young lady with her rear end propped up and ready to spank. (I think some of the problem with positioning comes from drawing the woman first and then adding the man, almost as an afterthought)

I'm totally unfamiliar with the comic, Danger Girl Abbey Chase, but I liked the panels that you showed us. I've always thought that a story about an incompetent female spy could serve as a great excuse for some gratutious spanking scenes. What I have in mind is a bumbling agent with all the finesse of Maxwell Smart combined with Inspector Clouseau, except that she's a hot babe who looks great from behind. At the end of each story she could get a medal from the President for saving the country from a cataclysmic disaster, followed by a spanking from her immediate supervisor for making a shambles of agency prorocol. Hmmm! Maybe someday I'll do something like that.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote: I've always thought that a story about an incompetent female spy could serve as a great excuse for some gratutious spanking scenes. What I have in mind is a bumbling agent with all the finesse of Maxwell Smart combined with Inspector Clouseau, except that she's a hot babe who looks great from behind. At the end of each story she could get a medal from the President for saving the country from a cataclysmic disaster, followed by a spanking from her immediate supervisor for making a shambles of agency prorocol. Hmmm! Maybe someday I'll do something like that.
hi Boom,

boy! i sure would love to see you do a toon like you describe here..................maybe a relative of Katie's :D phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB- ED !! Look like Doctor Cylon is satify with getting a chance to spank Jessica Rabbit :lol: Love how her bare bottom jiggle with each smck from the ruler :D Good Drawing from Julius Zimmerman! If i was the writer for Danger Girl Abbey Chase derriere would be in danger all the times :D Also would have giving her a larger plumper tush just right for spanking :D Love how the one smacker in this panel is hard and on the panty! Can`t believe Bill Wenzel would draw a picture of a cop spanking a woman with a nightstick! Maybe this explains why the cop hand is made funny in the other drawing of the same spanking :? I think cops should carry a small paddle to use on women they catch breaking the law :D Dan Decarlo Wife Complaing to her spanking drawing is good only flaws is the wife`s panty should been more skimpy and her facial expression she should be angry! Hey she being spanked! NIce drawing though :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/20/2012

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:good job finding confirmation on the pic with the cop holding the night stick. of course, the version i personally prefer is the one modified by Dan. a night stick is, of course, used for clobbering someone and is totally inappropriate for a spanking.
hugob00m wrote:I still wonder if the nightstick was added before it was taken out. It seems uncharacteristic of Bill Wenzel to draw a man using any kind of implement on a lady's backside, especially one so brutal!
butch wrote:Can`t believe Bill Wenzel would draw a picture of a cop spanking a woman with a nightstick!
Everyone was in complete agreement about the nightstick, and we all preferred Dan's open-handed version. So why did Wenzel draw it that way? I think it's clear that despite Wenzel's comfort with the "spanker" (which he probably originated at Humorama), he had no personal spanking experience himself, and simply didn't realize a nightstick is too brutal to be used for spanking a woman. Editor Abe Goodman did - over the past few months I've become convinced that Goodman was a true spanko - thus he altered a photostat of the original art. Why didn't he alter it again when it came time to reprint the cartoon? We'll probably never know, but I can think of two possibilities:
  1. Having failed to alter the original art, perhaps Goodman figured it was too much trouble to alter it or another photostat the second time around. As I mentioned on the updated page, it's become apparent to me recently that Humorama began reprinting spanking cartoons as early as 1962! Something was plainly going on, but exactly what is still anyone's guess at this point.
  2. Goodman may no longer have been editing the Humorama line. He must have retired before Humorama's end in 1983, but I've never been able to find out when. I believe someone named Steve Andre took over, at least for a while. A non-spanko editor wouldn't have realized how brutal a nightstick was.
hugob00m wrote: I liked the Dan Decarlo putting his foot down cartoon the most this week. In spite of Decarlo's flaws, he is quite adept at drawing a pretty young lady with her rear end propped up and ready to spank. (I think some of the problem with positioning comes from drawing the woman first and then adding the man, almost as an afterthought) ...

What I have in mind is a bumbling agent with all the finesse of Maxwell Smart combined with Inspector Clouseau, except that she's a hot babe who looks great from behind. At the end of each story she could get a medal from the President for saving the country from a cataclysmic disaster, followed by a spanking from her immediate supervisor for making a shambles of agency protocol. Hmmm! Maybe someday I'll do something like that.
It may very well be that DeCarlo did draw his spankees first and then added the spankers. But as you note, b00m, he consistently gets their rear ends turned up and presented nicely for our viewing pleasure. I can think of only one time he didn't do this and instead used a standing position (we'll be seeing it shortly).

Let me add my encouragement for your female spy strip - it sounds like great fun :) I was going to try to help by suggesting a title, but it's the middle of the night and after only a couple hours' sleep I find I'm too tired to come up with one that isn't painfully obvious, like Agent of S.P.A.N.C. (Supreme Presidio American National Counterintelligence) . Maybe later.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/27/2012

Post by web-ed »

• Doctor Cylon explains The Red Heart Motif to Jessica, who learns it doesn't have anything to with Valentine's Day!
  • Humorama update: A colorized version of "A Tale of Two Secretaries". This is the one with the older secretary wondering why the boss never spanks her the way he does the young secretary. I've also got a better b & w scan posted now.
  • Humorama Series #86 - Another of Dan DeCarlo's spanking cops explains to a young woman just what a "red light district" means, and if she didn't know before, she sure does now! We've only got four more cartoons from DeCarlo to go in this series unless I discover some more, which is unlikely. We'll probably go back to Kirk Stiles after that.
  • Two slapstick paddlings from Golden Age comics, and for once they're actually M/F! Prehistoric Pete wasn't much of a series, and it unwisely passed up the opportunity to paddle the pretty Eva in order to give us what the writer must have thought was the more humorous paddling of her mother. Paddling seems to have been thought of as very humorous during the Golden Age, with no one appreciating its more exciting possibilities. Big Top provided us with a horrifying number of M/M scenes, dutifully recorded in the Comics Spanking Data Base, and this one M/F clown paddling. I have to agree with the circus owner, who remarked "I've seen funnier things at funerals." Still, it's M/F, so we should probably be grateful for small favors. Be warned that there is a F/M swat first.

On the comics front, my plan is to switch from the Golden Age to post a few spankings from the modern era beginning next week, then use a couple of modern superhero scenes which haven't been seen before to transition to Super-Spanking Summer ll. We'll have superheroes spanking all summer - only a few of these are in the "never seen before" category, but I think most are at least seldom-seen and will probably be new to the majority of CSR's readers.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

the drawing of Jessica is indeed ideal material for Doc Cylon :D . i like the DeCarlo secretary spanking. sexy, nicely dressed spankee with all the accoutrements necessary for a secretary of the day :D . she does look a bit surprised........i wonder if that's about getting a spanking or about getting caught by the old woman :lol: . the older secretary has a look that i would liken to a hound dog looking in a butcher's window. our spanker's expression seems to have a hint of terror in it.............as if he's afraid he really will have to spank the older woman :lol: . now, consensual spanking. i'm in agreement with you that some of the women accepted it willingly and perhaps even actively sought it. my personal theory actually takes this idea a step further...........................i think there are a lot more women "today" that would accept a spanking like this one assuming the spanker is a dominant male that they know............such as a boss. even though practically no one would probably admit it, i have a strong hunch that there are a lot more women who would like to be spanked or at least have strong spanking fantasies than anyone realizes. the members of my toon groups are about 2/3 male but even at that i still get a lot of responses from females that really want to be spanked and many of them wish for public spankings. i realize that our modern society has changed a lot of things and attitudes but still, the ancient drives for the man to be dominant and the women to be submissive to him are still present and even rational thought can only overcome so much of this................or at least can overcome it only at certain times and about certain things. i like the idea of the DeCarlo cop spanking and our spanker must have landed a really good swat since it seems the young lady in question bounced clear off his lap :lol: . as for the remaining to comics............as you said, we should be grateful for small favors :lol: good updates complete with history as usual :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

rats! i forgot a comment in the last reply so i'll just make it here.
web-ed wrote:Paddling seems to have been thought of as very humorous during the Golden Age, with no one appreciating its more exciting possibilities.
i'm not sure i agree with this assessment. i have a hunch that those more exciting possibilities were very much in the minds of both those writing and those viewing those comics. i think they just passed them off in humorous situations to cover up what was on their minds. it seems like that has been done a lot in movies and such and i think spanking was probably just more acceptable in a humorous situation. after all, you wouldn't want anyone to think you were thinking sexual thoughts :lol: . i remember in "Kiss Me Kate" once the spanking starts the camera pans the audience where everyone is laughing up a storm. in other words, making sure that everyone watching knew they thought it was funny...................not horny. now why would they go to all that trouble unless they were just covering their own butts? thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Paddling vs. Spanking in Comics

Post by web-ed »

Actually, Phil, I'm happy to say there's no disagreement between us on this point. I agree with what you said about spanking, at least of the genuine OTK variety. I used the word "paddling" specifically, not generically, to refer exclusively to those situations in which a wooden paddle was used in the bending-over position.
overbarrel49 wrote:it seems like that has been done a lot in movies and such and i think spanking was probably just more acceptable in a humorous situation. after all, you wouldn't want anyone to think you were thinking sexual thoughts :lol: .
It's interesting that you bring up this point - that there was an apparent concern about being too suggestive with the erotic aspect of M/F spanking - because over the past few months I have been slowly amassing evidence to support your argument in the form not of comics but in the Humorama (and other) spanking cartoons. Before 1955, every spanking cartoon I have found has been of the "female bends over providing tempting target for the male, who appears about to be using hand or fly-swatter" type. The OTK position was avoided like the plague, and I think its inherent eroticism was the reason. It wasn't until early in 1955 that the OTK position appeared; at least, that's the earliest date I have found one so far. (Just last week I found a non-Humorama cartoon that was published several months before Bill Wenzel did that initial secretary spanking, so for now it's the first. I'm not counting that Devil-spanks-flapper magazine cover from 1930 because I don't think of it as a humor cartoon).

With Kiss Me Kate, the potential for eroticism was very great because Fred and Lilli are deeply involved with one another, and I think you're absolutely correct about the movie version - they cut the shot to the laughing audience to minimize any erotic effect. (Typical Hollywood gutlessness - thankfully, there's no way they could have left the spanking out, or they might have.) In the stage version (1948), our attention is riveted on the spanking, which serves to intensify the effect.

If I can gather enough information, I'll write an essay on the origin of the true spanking cartoon. It might be scholarly - and fun :) !
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Another masterful week of updates! Web-ed, you are the host with the most!

Having just announced that I approve of these updates, Web-ed, I will quickly rush past the first one, an animated version of a Julius Zimmerman toon re-configured by Doc Cylon. I rush past it because, as you well know, I am a prude; and although I love to watch pretty girls getting spanked on the panties or on the bare, I am firmly against the exposition of the woman's vulva. It's surprising to me that so many talented artists seem fixated on that part of her anatomy. We are supposed to be celebrating the spanking of her buttocks, not her private parts.

Moving on, I notice you have celebrated National Secretaries Day -- actually, it was yesterday, April 25 -- by re-posting that most humorous of Dan DeCarlo's many humorous secretary spanking toons. The old gal, herself a secretary, is perplexed when she finds her younger, shapelier counterpart lying over her boss' knee, getting spanked, and laments: "You never spank me when I make mistakes in dictation!"

Of course Phil is correct: The older secretary has a look like a hound dog looking in a butcher's window. If cutie pie is getting spanked by their handsome boss, then why can't SHE get a spanking too? We know there are women who crave to be spanked by a good-looking guy. The only thing I cannot decide is if, in reality, she would crave it, at HER age? I guess I could ask my wife, who is a senior citizen and close to the older secretary's age... but nah, I'll pass on doing that. :D

Oh, and thanks, Web-ed, for including both the 1956 and the 1961 versions of this toon.

As for the "red light" district cartoon, I know that that cartoon had yet another incarnation, I just don't know where or when. The caption read: "You're getting off easy tonight. I should use my stick." As we have discussed elsewhere on this board, the thought of a cop spanking a pretty girl with his nightstick is pretty gross, so I'm glad that caption was changed. But I'm not sold on the "red light" version either. Some years back, I drew a toon showing a cop spanking a pretty girl on the pretext that he caught her jaywalking. I feel that's a much tamer joke than either the nightstick or the red light caption.

I acknowledge that you've included two M/F toons that involve grotesque-looking spankees, and while that might well be fun for some viewers, they kind of leave me cold. I'm not against this sort of toon, I just wish a curvaceous young female had been on the receiving end.

Keep on keepin' the faith, Web-ed!

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB- ED CSR!! Seem this week drawing could have been call the balance of power spanking :lol: We have boss spank secretary and cop spanks woman two groups who I believe if giving the chance would do just that!! How many time have we read or heard stories about secretaries suing their bosses for sexual harashment for spanking them and I think about a year ago a woman claim a police officer took down her pant and spanked her on the bare bottom :o So it no wonder these two groups of proffession are who people think if giving a chance would spank women bottoms :lol: Think last week drawing of Jessica Rabbit by Zimmerman was a much better drawing than the one today I believe Zimmerman Jessica was more curvier just like the one in the movie also her hair was more redder :lol: Like that Doctor Cylon this time used his strong hand to spank her plump bottom with! Skin on skin contact is more sexy 8-) Also love how her bottom is being to match the color of her hair! nice work!! The Dan Decarlo Tale of two Secretary spanking is funny it also make me think why so many Bosses hire beautiful young women to work at their office :D Great over the knees position of the secretary nice full round large panty cover bottom although he should have made the panties more skimpier :D Love the look on the young secretary`s face shock to see the older woman standing there watching! I think the boss hire the older secretary is because she is more smarter and the younger woman because he knows she will make plenty of mistakes giving him an excuse to spank her :twisted: :lol: Too bad tv Mad Men didn`t show a secretary being spanked!! Joan :D Love the color version of this Decarlo drawing and looking at it reminds me of Archie! The other spanking of a woman by a cop is also good especialy the woman`s large panty rump :) really like it when a woman with a big bottom is spank! This drawing look like the one Dan Rivera did about the female jaywalker who was discipline by a police officer to :D Great drawing!! The two Golden age Comic paddling was ok but I wish Battle Axe would have spanked her daughter and the clowns would have whack the lady with the big tush with that paddle :lol: The club battle Axe was hit with was cruel spikes! And the joke busting a Bear`s back ugh!