A Second O.T. Katie thread

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
Dave Wolfe

Re: A Second O.T. Katie thread

Post by Dave Wolfe »

If this is a remake, bOOm, I'd forgotten the original! In any case it's splendid! Some of my favorite bits: Katie strolling in white pants! "Scottie MacHottie"-- terrific!! (And here I thought he'd retired! Oh, this is a retro bit, isn't it-- the origin of Katie's hairstyle!) Katie's movie costume! Everyone patting Katie along her way! Katie's reaction to MacHottie patting her along her way! Katie's bright red derriere! And your humor overall! H&H Factor* again pegging the meter!!

(*Hilarity and Horniness)
web-ed
Site Admin

O.T. Katie Meets Scottie MacHottie

Post by web-ed »

Sensational, b00m! You know, Dan mentioned Katie's innocence, and I think that's really the heart of O.T. Katie. Not innocence in the sense of being without sin - Katie deserves what she gets - but innocent in her unawareness. There is a striking contrast between her naivete - she never sees the next spanking coming – and what we, the audience, know is sure to happen that builds up the humorous tension until it's finally released when Katie ends up OTK! And that's as condensed an assessment of O.T. Katie as I can make.

Now let me try to cover all the points you raised specifically:
  • The length wasn’t excessive, but if you had to shorten it for some reason, the make-up sequence could be removed.
  • Sean Connery probably worked better as a model than Gerard Butler would have. I would guess that most women who fantasize about being spanked by an older man would choose Sir Sean if they could.
  • I didn’t see the 2001 version with the negligee, but the green bustier works pretty well!
  • On the question of Scottish dialect: this can be tricky to handle, and I would have to agree that for your purposes here it wasn’t necessary to attempt it.
  • The director shows Scotty how he wants the spanking done – I think I’ve seen that picture of DeMille and Paulette Goddard. I can’t blame him, though – if I were directing a movie with a spanking scene, I’m sure I’d want to demonstrate how to spank the actress, too!
  • No, we didn’t need more history explaining why Scottie disliked Lila, and you did get the point across by having him raise his hand higher and with Katie’s expression (this was of course the take which she messed up by looking at the camera).
  • The make-up – it wasn’t essential to the storyline, but it was fun to see Katie bent over the table and the “Ssssss” sound effect when MacHottie applied the lotion did remind me of old animated cartoon humor.
  • The 11th spanking – Katie finally uses some cusswords. At the time, I thought it would be funny if she got spanked for that, too, so it was gratifying to see it happen courtesy of the A.D., Andrew. I laughed out loud when Katie, through her additional cussing, kept adding more swats to her original sentence!
  • Finally, there was some nice bottom-rubbing and the closing “starstruck” pun was indeed quite effective.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Yes that was a great story, boom, i enjoy your expressions and thought balloons. Katie is a natural spankee as her bottom does seem to have suffiant padding for her many spanking retakes and i think i remembered a story about some actor i think it was Glen Ford apoligising in advance for the spanking he was going to give June Haver in a fan magazine one time. DeMille did seem to cast Paulette Goddard as a spankee (Reap The Wild Wind; Northwest Mounted Police; Suddenly Last Spring and Untamed come to mind.) I liked all of Katy's different hairstyles. I love Katy in any situation that you put her in and i also agree with web-ed that her naivette about her bottom and getting spanked is a major part of her charactor. Great names as well (Scotty McHooty) and i thought the fan picture was a great idea (i think i saw a collectors picture one time of Claudette Colbert getting spanked by Gary Cooper and had been signed by the director Ernest Lubitch for Bluebeards eighth wife) i would disagree with web-ed on where to cut as i do think that scene was a good part of the story as well. Colors, costumes, storyline and continuity were all outstanding. Thanks for sharing it.
JIm
hugob00m

to those of you who commented

Post by hugob00m »

Thank you, Dan, Dave, web-ed, and Jim C! I was checking to see who had commented on my newest O.T. Katie cartoon, and it's nice to know that it was well received.

Regarding Dan's mention of "Billy Clark", I said that this was a remake of an earlier cartoon that I had drawn in 2001, and no longer have a copy of. In the first version, the leading man was Billy Clark, inspired by actor Clark Gable (real name, Wiliam Clark Gable). One of the things I decided to change when I did my remake, was to feature a leading man who was based on someone who hasn't been dead for over fifty years. At first, I was thinking of making Scottie MacHottie look like Gerard Butler, but since this is a flashback to the '90s, I don't think Butler was that well-known that long ago. Sir Sean Connery was getting a bit up in years during the '90s, but he was still able to play a leading man in Entrapment, which was made in 1999.

The most detailed review came from web-ed, and I appreciate that. I'm glad you liked it, and more so that you took the time to analyze it like you did.

And again, thanks to Dave and Jim C for taking the time to comment also. I mostly draw Katie for myself, and do things im my cartoons that I like... but when I share my little drawings with others, I'm grateful for some feedback!
Dave Wolfe

bOOM Katie Original!

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Courtesy of Phil "Overbarrel," who saved everything from the old "Arild's Moviespanking Yahoo Group", here is the Lost Katie Episode, "Katie In Show Biz!"
Katie in showbiz pt. 1.jpg
Katie in showbiz pt. 1.jpg (139.88 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
[Web-Ed's Note:] I merged this "b00M Katie Original" topic over here where the later version (with Scottie MacHottie) had already been posted to keep them together. Any resulting confusion is my fault, not Dave's.
Last edited by Dave Wolfe on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Wolfe

Re: bOOM Katie Original!

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Katie in showbiz pt. 2.jpg
Katie in showbiz pt. 2.jpg (156.83 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Katie in showbiz pt. 3.jpg
Katie in showbiz pt. 3.jpg (138.45 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Katie in showbiz pt. 4.jpg
Katie in showbiz pt. 4.jpg (110.99 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Katie in showbiz pt. 5.jpg
Katie in showbiz pt. 5.jpg (121.68 KiB) Viewed 3564 times
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

OK, bOOm, there's the original for your files! Phil has joined up here and is eager to post-- just awaiting the confirmation!

I like your remake a lot better; "Scottie MacHottie" is funnier than Billy (sorry, Billy!) and I suspect the women would find him sexier. Also, the new Katie shows your improved artwork, has better and longer scenes, and hotter Katie costumes! Oh, and her butt is even sexier than before!! ;)
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi boom, i'm afaid that i lack web-ed's discerning eye to analaze (I just like the spankings after all) and as you also said you draw what intrests you. i just enjoy Katy and in having you share her adventures with us. I like the colors that you use and i also enjoy your storylines. So i am not one to comment more than to thank the artist and wish he/she continues to create, share and excite us with their creations. Critisism is needed to improve,but praise is needed to continue and improvement is just in the eye of the beholder after all.So thak you again keep Katy coming and i hope you always enjoy her.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

This was interesting to see, although I agree with Dave that the newer version was superior.

P.S. This post, as well as the one below, were merged over here, so there is no longer a separate topic for "b00m Katie Original". All its posts are here, although some of them are separated from the others.
-- Web-Ed
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

HEY, bOOm!

You are no longer missing the original Katie episode with Billy from your files! Or you won't be after you click on the "new" thread on this board, "bOOm Katie Original!"

Thanks to Phil, who will be commenting here when the authroization thing goes through!

Wolfie
web-ed
Site Admin

b00m Katie Original

Post by web-ed »

Dave,

Thanks to you and Phil for coming up with this - I'm sure everyone (including b00m himself) is tickled pink to see it. And I just now weeded out Phil from all those member-wannabe spambots, so he's an active member now and can join this discussion.
-- Web-Ed
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Thanks, Web-Ed! Phil will be very pleased!

Hmmmm... did you know your nickname sounds a lot like Spidey's? :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

first off, thanks and a tip of the hat to the moderators for activating my membership...........and thanks to wolfie for finding the site and turning me on to it. it's really a great site :D . i was particularly excited to see boom and dan again having had little or no contact with them since arild's moviespanking group has been gone. boom, i was thrilled to see that you are posting new o t katie strips. i've already downloaded all of them :D . it was good to put some new stuff in the "boom" folder on my storage drive. i don't know just how many of your old strips i have but i am assuming that i have anything that you originally posted at moviespanking. i also have a bunch of "spanky sal" , " sam swat", and "captain woodshed" most of which i got there too. in addition i have stuff by darth, angus old and of course wolfie. i would be happy to send a cd with these and others to you and dan if you would like one.

in the meantime i've just been enjoying o t katie. i had almost forgotten just how horny and funny your strips are. thanks for sharing them and i hope to see more. as i get time, i'm planning on just browsing the site to see what other good stuff i can find. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Web-Ed, Web-Head

Post by web-ed »

You know, Dave, you're the only one who's ever noticed that, and the resemblance is not accidental! :) (Now the truth can be told). Actually, I gave a short explanation on the origin of this sobriquet on the CSR Home Page, but it's near the bottom so perhaps no one has ever seen it.

You may remember the term "webmaster" used to appear in connection with the person in charge of a website, and was in common use back in 2004 when I started CSR. Whether due to the increase in blogs or some other reason, it has to some degree fallen into disuse, but I never liked it anyway since it seemed more appropriate to the whole Master/Slave scene than to spanking. I saw myself more in the style of a contributing editor to a print magazine. This suggested "Web-Editor" and my love of word-play shortened it to "Web-Ed" because I was well aware of the ol' wall-crawler's nickname. In fact, there was a time during which The Amazing Spider-Man was my absolute favorite comic-book!

Although it probably wasn't Marvel's best book because it didn't have Jack Kirby's art, ASM did have what I always thought was Stan Lee's best writing during its peak years (the end of Steve Ditko's run beginning around ish #30 and continuing through the John Romita Sr. period extending to perhaps the 100th issue). Some of my involvement with the strip can be inferred from my comments on the Spider-Man Spankings in Comics Gallery 1.

And thus you are penalized by having to read this long explanation for having been astute enough to see the connection!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

Mr. Fitz is back... You may remember that in my haunted house story, Mr. Fitz was the recipient of the only F/M
spanking I ever drew, because he lost a bet he made with Katie.

Will he fare better this time?
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (90.94 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

Katie doesn't seem to think so...
Attachments
002.jpg
002.jpg (95.08 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
hugob00m