a third O.T. Katie thread

The cartoons of hugob00m. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: hugob00m

Forum rules
Only b00m's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

...And finally the end... :D :D :D :D
0057.jpg
0057.jpg (122.15 KiB) Viewed 10636 times
I ripped off some stuff from McLintock! earlier in the story... the long chase, the loss of some clothes along the way, a fall into some water... and now, like the Bat Masterson clip, I end the story with a spanking in progress!
daneldorado

Re: a third O.T. Katie thread

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya b00m:

Concerning your most recent O.T.Katie adventure, with Bullmoose, Fitz, Kauf and the Leprechaun all taking turns spanking Katie (and, in one panel, Clorene), let me express my admiration for the patience and the skill you displayed in this toon. You openly declare that it's your "take" on the old McLintock! (1963) movie. And since in this P.C. day and age, it is highly unlikely that that film will ever be remade, then your work is probably the closest thing we will ever see, to a "remake" of it.

It certainly is a lively piece of artistry. Your new "OTKatie" consists of FIFTY-SEVEN (57!) panels, the longest strip I've yet seen appear on this forum. As always, you are prolific with your dialogue, but since those long speech balloons never obscure the "action" we look forward to seeing, no one should complain they are getting too much verbiage with the toons.

If I were grading your latest work, I would give it an A-minus.

WHY a "minus?" Why not a straight A, or better yet, an A plus? Well, maybe this is just me, but I think it coulda woulda shoulda contain MORE spanking action.

Let me explain. While the subject of "spanking" runs throughout the piece, mentioned in almost every panel, I feel that we should get more panels with actual spankings going on. Of the 57 panels, only six (6!) of them contain any actual spanking action. That's if we don't count the love pats given by Mr. Kauf in panel no. 40, or the mythical dryads swatting Katie in panel no. 48. In other words, your comic contains only 10.5 per cent spanking scenes. If we include the two scenes mentioned, it would still be only 13 per cent.

But your comic about "O.T.Katie and the Memo" had two spanking panels out of four (50 per cent!), and your "Katie's Birthday" comic had four spanking panels out of nine, for a healthy 49 per cent of good ol' spanking action. Obviously, those toons delivered on the promise better than did your latest work.

Don't misunderstand: What you have done here is magnificent in its own way. You are a real artist, and you invest a great deal of humor in your cartoons. So maybe I am not looking at this the right way. It's just that, after wading through more than 40 panels of exposition before we get to see the first real spanking -- in panel no. 44 -- I felt we could expect to see several panels of real, solid, continuous spanking, from several angles, before moving on to the next subject. Obviously, we did not see that. The big, final, climactic spanking -- with Mr. Fitz giving Katie a good, solid, over-the-knee comeuppance -- should have lasted much longer than it did. It is shown in only one panel, then it's over with.

And I guess that I feel that, after that long chase and all the various sidesteps along the way, the big payoff should have been a virtual orgasm of spanking, rather than only a single panel.

Nevertheless, young Mr. b00m, you show great promise and a nearly apostolic zeal for the dear subject of female spankings. Thanks again for your contributions to the commonweal, and I hope to see O.T.Katie get many more spankings before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi boom,

great story :D ! i really liked the backside view of katie while she is bending over looking in the bushes for haigh................there's just something wonderful about those panties peeking out from under her short skirt :D . ..................and again in panel 9 when she is jumping up and down because she won her bet................and again in panel 10 when he is getting ready to turn her over( nice hand placement there too). well, you get the idea. i just love those peeks. i like the fact that you have both a bottom view of katie and one of her smiling face in panel 11 too. nice views in panel 16 too :D . .loved the pics of her running too with panties showing and bottom jiggling such as in panel 19. of course, the whole thing got even more interesting once she was reduced to bra and panties :D :D !great idea to have her saying that she supposes someone thinks this is funny too :lol: . being an old timer myself i got a kick out of her mentioning the coyote.............he's my favorite. btw, i thought katie rubbing her bottom while wearing only the bra and panties was great too :D . great spanking action in pic 44 and i liked the expression and the tears almost as much as the red bottom....................notice she stopped crying long enough to notice that clorene was getting paddled with that coal shovel too :lol: . i liked that expression too. great shot of her shapely, well spanked bottom in panel 48 too :D . i got a kick out of the steam rising when she got in the bath tub too :lol: . i also found that katie in her slip was pretty horny too..........especially if she's rubbing her bottom again as in panel 52. i got a chuckle from your mention of bill ward too. i really liked the complex plot and i guess i take the opposite view of what dan had to say. personally, i liked all the build up to the actual spankings. seems to me like many times this is just as arousing as the actual spanking :D . i liked all the different views and katie's expressions from happy to bawling during the spanking.

you mentioned that you use the computer and took some shortcuts. of course, i can't draw at all so i use the computer for everything. i too use some of those short cuts..................using the same pose in more than one panel, cut and paste etc. i see nothing wrong with it at all. if it allows you to do a great story like this one than i am all for it. thanks so much for all your time to do this for it. i enjoyed it greatly :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Dan went into so much detail I'll try not to be my loquacious self and keep it short for once. This was a great effort on your part, with 57 panels as Dan noted (actually a few more since some of them were double, but I didn't keep an exact count). Katie of course is dependent on the build-up and release of tension, and the build-up here was long and slow, but the payoff of three separate spankings was worth it. ;) Katie never learns - luckily for us - and once more her attempt to evade her inevitable punishment backfires, resulting in a backside-fire! It was nice to see Mr. Kauf's company restored to him, also, so we don't have to think of him as a destitute old man.

I was interested in reading about your artistic techniques. The computer age is here, and you are almost certainly correct in regarding digital techniques as just some new tools in the kit (I only hedge slightly here because not being an artist myself I can only judge the results and not the methods). The creation of character model sheets like you did for Katie are often necessary to ensure some kind of consistency in the drawings. For those who have never seen such things, Curt Swan did a bunch of them for Superman, and as it happens I have some of Mac Raboy's that he did to guide other Fawcett artists for Captain Marvel, Jr.
Mac Raboy's fine model sheets for Captain Marvel Jr., taken from Steranko's History of Comics Vol. 2.
Mac Raboy's fine model sheets for Captain Marvel Jr., taken from Steranko's History of Comics Vol. 2.
captain_marvel_jr_model_sheet_raboy.jpg (109.86 KiB) Viewed 10607 times
Last edited by web-ed on Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: correct typo and trim one sentence
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Thanks for the comments!

Post by hugob00m »

My thanks to Jim, Dan, Phil, and Web-ed for your comments about my latest O.T. Katie story. I especially appreciate the detail you went to in explaining what each of you liked and didn't like.

So, I conclude that a long story that takes a while to lead up to the eventual spanking is alright, but at least one of you would prefer that I linger a bit more on the actual spanking once I get to it.

And one of you likes it when Katie wears a short skirt that shows a glimpse of her panties when she bends over, runs away, or does a "happy dance".

And there's something else I saw in a different thread recently: the need for more cartoons that show the aftermath of a spanking. Of course there was no aftermath for the final spanking in this story, since it ended with a spanking in progress, but following the other spankings, I did show Katie rubbing her bottom quite a bit, had her filling a bathtub with cold water to cool the fire, then sitting on pillows, and taking the pillows to work with her. I haven't given Katie a lot of "corner time" in any of my stories, except in "Katie's First Spanking", which ends with her in the corner sitting on her two softest pillows, and in my "Evil Katie" story that has her writing lines on a chalkboard while each of her clones gets a spanking.

Even though I mostly draw my O.T. Katie cartoons for my own preferences, I still keep comments like yours in mind, and try to introduce elements into my stories to please the "audience".
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi b00m, i did comment before you finished the story. An ambitionous project. I did enjoy that you did listen to everybody who had commented (after spanking, bottomposes, charators, movies, etc.). Thank you it was a great story. Mr Fitz getting the company back was a twist i did not expect and i liked Katey's denial that Bull Moose is her boyfriend. Katey indeed had run the guantlet to be sure with Kauf,Haigh,Bull moose,Fitz and Nyads getting in their whacks. I loved the colors and expressions. I always enjoy your otk and your speech ballons do show that you take a lot of time with them as well. So a question do you put the speech balloons in first and draw the action around what you wrote or do you put the speech balloons in after you draw the action. I liked your research on this strip- (a law about gambling and the I.R.s and all the other things (all the gold returned but had been spent; kauf naming Fitz his succesor,Bull Moose being a partial gentleman offers her his coat, but he had left it at home. I enjoy your preferences as well, but i am glad you are open to experiments. Thank again for the great story. Have a great day.
Jim
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

jimc wrote:I always enjoy your otk and your speech ballons do show that you take a lot of time with them as well. So a question do you put the speech balloons in first and draw the action around what you wrote or do you put the speech balloons in after you draw the action.
I appreciate that you took the time to comment on my cartoon twice: once while I was still in the process of posting it and later after reading the completed story. I'm glad you liked the little twists I put in near the end. Thank you for your feedback!

About your speech balloons question: I draw the characters in their poses first, and then plot out the dialog so that it says what needs to be said without obscuring the necessary parts of the picture.
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

Here's a story within a story. I had an idea that wouldn't work in the present: a TV repairman gets shocked while fixing a TV and spanks the person responsible... but wait! There are no more TV repairmen working anymore. People just buy a new TV if the old one stops working. So then, I decided to do a story in which Katie's grandma was a '50s sit-com star who electrocuted a TV repairman and suffered the consequences.
Attachments
dl01.jpg
dl01.jpg (103.19 KiB) Viewed 10483 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie

Post by hugob00m »

And here's the next part...
Attachments
dl02.jpg
dl02.jpg (120.88 KiB) Viewed 10483 times
hugob00m

O.T. Katie / Dizzie Lizzie

Post by hugob00m »

And the sit-com begins...
Attachments
dl03.jpg
dl03.jpg (81.69 KiB) Viewed 10483 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Oops!
Attachments
dl04.jpg
dl04.jpg (67.59 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Even more oops!
Attachments
dl05.jpg
dl05.jpg (81.25 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Uh oh! Now Lizzie's going to get it!
Attachments
dl06.jpg
dl06.jpg (93.66 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

"We interrupt this program..."
Attachments
dl07.jpg
dl07.jpg (130.95 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

So then... what's Bullmoose going to do?
Attachments
dl08.jpg
dl08.jpg (124.7 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

That's what Bullmoose is going to do!
Attachments
dl09.jpg
dl09.jpg (133.14 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

And now we get to see the rest of the show...
Attachments
dl10.jpg
dl10.jpg (72.34 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

...and since most DVDs of old shows come with some kind of special feature, I decided Dizzie Lizzie's should have one too.
Attachments
dl11.jpg
dl11.jpg (90.24 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Lizzie does a girdle commercial...
Attachments
dl12.jpg
dl12.jpg (78.86 KiB) Viewed 9872 times
hugob00m