Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Post by willjohn »

Going by the poor-quality common bricks (probably recycled) I thought she was leaning against the proverbial brick shithouse. :?
web-ed
Site Admin

Dane Redin and Dardee Orlando

Post by web-ed »

Dane Redin, from Cartoon Fun and Comedy (April, 1976)

Dardee Orlando, bending over nicely if not far enough, from Jest (May 1951), with Judy Landon along for the ride.

Two more nice ones ;) from Humorama now: First is Dane Redin, whom I don't remember from any other issues and whom I suspect may have been a British model (Humorama did "import" some of these girls in its later years if they were busty enough), and then we have Dardee Orlando whom I'll guess was another Florida model whose career never really took off.

Judy Landon, whose photo we preserved only by accident when we saved the scan for Dardee, was actually the best-known of the three, having been married to actor Brian Keith and having been a minor actress herself, her greatest role being probably in Prehistoric Women (1950). Unless, that is, I've mis-identified her since IMDB doesn't have a photo, but I suspect there was only one Judy Landon active around that time.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

The women of Humorama was not only beautiful but also very spankable :twisted: :D :D Nice find 8-) 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
A couple of nice Humoeama pinups this week.

Too bad they didn't include a shot of Diane Redin's backside... but we got a nice look at her pretty face and perky round breasts!

And Dardee Oramdo was even bending over! :D :D :D :D Yum!

Thanks for posting them!
web-ed
Site Admin

Denise Grant and Diane Jackson

Post by web-ed »

Humorama models basically came in two forms: professional models (Bettie Page, Eve Eden, Teri Martine) and girl-next-door types. Actually, Bettie had that girl-next-door quality also, but she was so successful as a model and photographed so many times we have to consider her a professional. Denise Grant has that quality, and like most of these girls-next-door she appeared only rarely and maybe only once in Humorama. Still, she has a pensive expression here suggesting greater brainpower than, well, some of the other amateur models who wound up in Humorama magazines. Although we don't see her bare bottom here, it's not too hard to picture her going over our laps for a spanking.

Denise Grant, from Cartoon Fun and Comedy (April, 1978).

Diane Jackson is another "girl next door" whom I don't remember seeing more of. Fortunately, in this pic she's baring her well-shaped bottom which is an excellent pose for our purposes ;) :
Diane Jackson, from the Feburary 1969 issue of Stare.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Denise Grant and Diane Jackson

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Another couple of lovely ladies. "Girl-next-door" types that we WISH would live next door to us!
web-ed wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:18 am Denise Grant has that quality, and like most of these girls-next-door she appeared only rarely and maybe only once in Humorama. Still, she has a pensive expression here suggesting greater brainpower than, well, some of the other amateur models who wound up in Humorama magazines. Although we don't see her bare bottom here, it's not too hard to picture her going over our laps for a spanking.
Definitely!
web-ed wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:18 am Diane Jackson is another "girl next door" whom I don't remember seeing more of. Fortunately, in this pic she's baring her well-shaped bottom which is an excellent pose for our purposes :
She had a great target for spanking! Ir's fun to imagine that lovely bottom reddened.

Thanks for posting these.
web-ed
Site Admin

Deirdre Jeans

Post by web-ed »

Dierdre Jeans had a gentle appearance and a nice, soft-looking rear end. This one is the better of the two photos of her I remember in Humorama.

From Stare (April 1963).

Here's a better scan of her reprinted appearance exactly 18 years later in the April 1971 issue of Gaze:

That other picture of Dierdre I mentioned (from Laugh Digest October 1968) was actually posted on this board a while back, but I don't immediately remember where.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Doris Gohlke

Post by web-ed »

Doris Gohlke, from the October 1961 issue of Gee-Whiz.

I have a special place in my heart for Doris Gohlke, for although she was never in any spankable poses in the several photos that appeared in Humorama publications, I enjoyed a brief correspondence with her some years ago. She told me she had worked under a pseudonym as well but I can't remember what it was. [It was Delilah Jones.] Like Dierdre Jeans, I posted another picture of her somewhere on this board. It came from the November 1961 issue of Romp.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Doris was born in Germany in 1941, she became a US citizen in 1971. She made three movies as Doris Gohike. She has a sister named Margo Gohike.

Fair chance it is her real name.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Doris Gohlke

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:49 am Doris was born in Germany in 1941, she became a US citizen in 1971. She made three movies as Doris Gohike. She has a sister named Margo Gohike.

Fair chance it is her real name.
You're right, Willjohn. Because of that brief correspondence, I neglected to do my usual research on Doris (I normally check out the models - in more ways than one - before I post them here) and completely missed the fact she was in several movies and was not only reasonably successful as a pin-up girl, she also had a long career as an ecdysiast! :o It was there she seems to have used the name "Delilah Jones" which was the one I couldn't remember.

Here's a photo I found that I believe came originally from a magazine called Satana showing Doris in her working clothes, what there are of them:

I'll correct my original post.

And just for the heck of it, here's another very nice photo of Doris that we've seen before, from the November 1961 issue of Romp:

Last edited by web-ed on Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add Delilah Jones
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Doris Gohike and Dierdre Jeans

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Again, you've shown us two lovely ladies in this thread.

We don't get to see Doris Gohlke's backside, which is a shame. I tried Googling her name and I couldn't find any rear shots. (Did she not trust photographers standing behind her?) Her front is very pretty

Dierdre Jeans had a really cute little butt, and a short nightie to show it off! I wish I had been the guy that she was talking to while she adjusted the picture on the wall. "No, you brat! It's even more crooked than it was before you started messing with it! Now leave it alone and come over here before I go there and give you a good spanking!"
butch46163@yahoo.com

Both these beautiful ladies would have made good spanking model :D :D Great finds 8-) 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Eve Shore and Gaby Meder

Post by web-ed »

Eve Shore, from the December 1971 issue of Breezy.

Eve Shore looks to have been a little short, and with short legs, but from what I can see she didn't have that common imperfection of short buttocks! :lol: When we don't have a good rear view, I estimate the length of the buttocks by drawing an imaginary circle around the top of the thigh, thus marking the bottom of the bottom, and then looking for the base of the spine. In this case, there seems to be a goodly distance between the two, and it's all pure behind! :o I like Eve's expression, too. It says to me: "So, you're going to spank me. I don't suppose I can do anything about it, so I better turn over your knee before I get into more trouble."

Gaby Meder from the June 1970 issue of Stare.

Gaby Meder has a nice, soft-looking and spankable rear end. 'Nuff said. :D
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Eve Shore and Gaby Meder

Post by hugob00m »

Mmmmmm! Some lovely ladies for sure! Thanks for posting these pictures.
web-ed
Site Admin

Georgia Brooks and Gina Bell

Post by web-ed »

I think I've got about 140 photos of these models left. At the rate of 2 per week, I don't think we're going to get through all these girls this summer :lol: . It won't actually take 70 weeks because with some models, I've got a whole bunch of photos and I'll do all of them the same week. I'm mostly going alphabetically, but I'm saving a few special models for last.

First up this week is Georgia Brooks, from the August 1974 issue of Joker:

I can't remember why I selected Georgia, but it may be because she lacks that common defect of short buttocks.

Then we have Gina Bell, from the August 1959 issue of Jem:

Jem wasn't a Humorama publication, but I did search it for spankings (it produced the Wenzel Wife Spanking cartoon we saw not long ago) and Gina deserves to be included here because of her frankly excellent fanny :o ! That short nightie of hers would pull up and out of the way if you too her over your knee or bent her over for the paddle!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Georgia Brooks and Gina Bell

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Mmmmm! Two very attractive models seen from behind, one nude and the other wearing a very short nightie. Both of them showing off their spankable bottoms!

Thanks for posting these.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Seeing both these very beautiful ladies makes me think did Wenzel use them as model for his spanking drawings :twisted: :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Gloria Pall and Gwen Caldwell

Post by web-ed »

Gloria Pall is not technically a Humorama model, but she came close by appearing in the November 1955 issue of Chicks and Chuckles. Gloria had been a model and showgirl before creating the TV persona of Voluptua that lasted all of seven weeks on ABC before the timid nitwits there pulled the plug. She had small roles, often uncredited, in movies and TV after that, the best of which were probably The Brothers Karamazov (1958 - anyone remember William Shatner as the youngest brother?) and Twilight Zone (1959).

She certainly looks spankable, and she's even unfastening her bikini bottom in what we'd like to imagine was preparation for being spanked:

Gloria passed away in 2012.

From that very same issue(!), Gwen Caldwell may be even better looking than Gloria and also had a short career in Hollywood, although she didn't create the silly controversy that Gloria did. She doesn't have as much "back," either, from what we can see but her overall proportions were excellent:

She too was mostly uncredited in her roles, except for The Mickey Rooney Show of all things.

Gwen passed away in 2005.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Gloria Pall and Gwen Caldwell

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

The topic is: "Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of", and these are two that we definitely should've seen more of! Namely, more camera angles... including a rear view! Lovely ladies. Thanks for posting their pictures.
web-ed
Site Admin

Holly Debson and Irene Vernon

Post by web-ed »

Holly Debson seems to have been a pin-up model of the 60s - I don't see anything in IMDB about her being an actress. Her face is, however, beautiful enough that she might have been given a screen test. Her bosom seems more than adequate (and it's what casting directors seem to be looking for), but I wish we had a better view of her (from) behind. "Easy on the Ahs" was a regular feature in Humorama at this time and a play on the phrase "Easy on the eyes" which Holly certainly is.

Holly Debson, from the June 1971 issue of Gaze.

Irene Vernon was an actress, no doubt best remembered today as Louise Tate on the old Bewitched TV series.

I honestly didn't recognize her at first, for although I must admit I watched Bewitched during its initial run back in the 60s it's just too silly to bother watching the reruns. (It was obviously based on the hit play Bell, Book, and Candle but I didn't know that at the time any more than I knew that Hogan's Heroes was based on the movie Stalag 17). We see her above about 15 years earlier in the May 1951 issue of Jest, and she's quite attractive enough in her bikini (something we wouldn't associate with the staid Louise Tate), but I made sure to include her for another reason. Take a look at the caption: "'Don't spare the rod' is the theme in most of the westerns one sees now on television and in the motion pictures."

Now these captions were often silly jokes or plays on words, but this one seems to be missing something. It reads as though the editor (who would have been Abe Goodman at this time and whom I believe to have been a spanko) forgot the punchline or tag line. The reader is thinking, "And? And?"

If I may suggest a finish: "'Don't spare the rod' is the theme...and I agree, so why do men keep spoiling me?" Implying, of course, that she longs for someone manly enough to take the rod to her.

Incidentally, the caption is certainly correct in a strange prognosticative way about TV and movie westerns not sparing the rod: three spankings in Rawhide that we've seen, one in Wells Fargo (still in my files), Bonanza, etc. and of course the greatest of them all, McLintock! - and yet these were all years in the future! :o 1951 was well before the western era on TV, unless I recorded the date wrong. Anyway, a spanking-themed caption is welcome any time, and I do have some more Humorama spanking mentions, generally without models, that we'll be seeing in the future.

Irene passed away in 1998.
-- Web-Ed