Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

The first girl, the one identified as Betty Balforurs, is pretty and has a very seductive look on her face... but unfortunately, we can't see the part of her that we're most interested in.

The second girl looks like her at first glance, but I agree that they're probably not the same. However, we get a really nice view of this one's cute backside. Yummmm!
web-ed
Site Admin

Bonnie Parish and Bunny Yeager

Post by web-ed »

Continuing our alphabetical survey through the summer: Bonnie Parish and Bunny Yeager!

I don't think Bonnie Parish appeared in Humorama too often, but she certainly has a fine-looking bosom!

From the December 1971 issue of Breezy.

Bunny Yeager is best remembered today as a photographer, having done some early centerfolds for Playboy (including the one of Bettie Page) and many wonderful bending-over-all-the-way shots that I have posted on the main site under Humorama Spanking Positions I & II (with III to follow some day), but she was also a model herself back in the early 50s. She wasn't blessed with an excellent rear the way Bettie was, but she was attractive enough overall.

I don't remember where I found this one - probably on Ebay.

Her inscription on the photo, "I feel safer posing on my stomach," indicates she never met any of us at CSR, because no model would feel safe with her bare backside up where we could spank it! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Bonnie Parish and Bunny Yeager

Post by hugob00m »

Hi Web-ed.
web-ed wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:16 pm Continuing our alphabetical survey through the summer: Bonnie Parish and Bunny Yeager!
I had never heard of Bonnie Parish, but, as you say, she has a fine-looking bosom. Too bad we couldn't get a better view of her backside.

Bunny Yeager is someone I have heard of. I was watching a documentary once and heard the narrator say that Bunny Yeager had shot herself... I was in shock until I realized he meant with a camera, not a gun! She had done a session in which she was both the photographer and the model.

Regarding the photo you posted here... all she needs is a man's lap below her and a man's hand to spank her pretty bottom!
web-ed wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:16 pm She wasn't blessed with an excellent rear the way Bettie was, but she was attractive enough overall.
Very few women are blessed with the kind of rear Bettie Page had, but Bunny's was kind of cute too. Thanks for posting these photos.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Thanks for posting two natural beauties with spankable bottoms that any spanko would love to have over their knee :D :D 8-) 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Carol Bain and Carol Baughman

Post by web-ed »

I have about 150 photos in the "Humorama Models" folder, but I don't know offhand how many different models they represent. Let's see two more of them now, Carol Bain and Carol Baughman, both from the 1960s. Neither girl showed up in the digests often, and these may in fact have been their only appearances.

Photographed near a scenic waterfall, what we see of Carol Bain is certainly pleasing to the eye. It's not hard to imagine spanking her.
From Romp, March 1966

It's even easier to imagine spanking Carol Baughman, since her bare bottom is on display and she has a decidedly naughty expression on her face! :lol:
From Stare, December 1968
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Carol Bain and Carol Baughman

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Thanks for posting these.

In the Carol Bain photo, it's hard to tell whether she's wearing a swimsuit or panties... but whatever she's wearing is WET! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Carol Baughman is showing her bare bottom to the cameraman, with an "I dare you" look on her face. The temptation to spank is definitely there!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Humorama really did have some very hot women in their magazine and Both Carols are extremely spankable :twisted: :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

More Carols

Post by web-ed »

Let's go back to 1957 to see Carol Wood:

From Stare, October 1957

Now the year 1957 is significant because that was when Playboy first showed a completely bare bottom - how daring it must have seemed at the time! Apparently Stare didn't want to be outdone so they presented Miss Wood's behind that October. I don't remember seeing any bare bottoms in Humorama before this one, although I never had much before 1955 in my collection. Interestingly, bare bottoms did appear in Humorama cartoons before this but I don't know the exact year because although I saved a couple of examples, I forgot to record their years of publication. :?

The earliest example I have is a cartoon in a non-Humorama magazine from 1951. Bare-bottom spanking cartoons didn't appear until much later, perhaps because they were so obviously erotic in nature.

The accompanying "Dramarama" text piece seems bizarrely out of place, and I can only suggest that either the editor (Abe Goodman at this time) was in a weird mood when he wrote it or he was trying to avoid possible obscenity charges in New York State by including "serious" material to deflect attention from Carol Wood's scandalous bare bottom.

Carol Newell appeared twelve years later, nicely photographed although we can't see her bare bottom. She's quite beautiful with an outstanding bosom and I have a vague memory that when I first found this photo I discovered she actually had a brief acting career although I didn't make any detailed notes at the time and can't find her picture at IMDB. They do list a Carol Irene Newell being born in 1948, which would be the right age.
Carol Newell, from the March 1969 Funhouse
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: More Carols

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. It's good to see these two ladies.
web-ed wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:09 am Now the year 1957 is significant because that was when Playboy first showed a completely bare bottom - how daring it must have seemed at the time! Apparently Stare didn't want to be outdone so they presented Miss Wood's behind that October. I don't remember seeing any bare bottoms in Humorama before this one, although I never had much before 1955 in my collection. Interestingly, bare bottoms did appear in Humorama cartoons before this but I don't know the exact year because although I saved a couple of examples, I forgot to record their years of publication.
That's an interesting bit of history to know. I was around in 1957, but I was only 4 years old. One of the few historical events I remember from that time was the re-election of Dwight Eisenhower to a second term as president. I think I was much older the first time I ever saw a "girlie picture".

I'm pretty sure I didn't see this photo of Carol Wood's pretty backside before this... so thanks for posting it now!
web-ed wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:09 am The accompanying "Dramarama" text piece seems bizarrely out of place, and I can only suggest that either the editor (Abe Goodman at this time) was in a weird mood when he wrote it or he was trying to avoid possible obscenity charges in New York State by including "serious" material to deflect attention from Carol Wood's scandalous bare bottom.
Ha ha! I did take the time to read it... but really it wasn't very well-written, and seems out of context with the rest of the stuff they have in Humorama magazines. It was a minor distraction, but mostly my attention was on Ms. Wood's bare butt.

Carol Newell is pretty too. Too bad they didn't let us see her butt too! :( :( :( :( I'm not clear on what her pose is supposed to represent, with that snarly facial expression and her hands held up like claws. To put a spanko spin on it, maybe she didn't like sitting down on those hard tiles while her bottom was sore from a good hard paddling! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
butch46163@yahoo.com

Really love the women of the past and their natural figures ! what a very spankable bottom Miss Carol Wood have :D :D just too bad Miss Newell didn`t let us see her rear :( ;)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

We've seen a lot of Bettie Page... but wouldn't we all like to have seen even more?

bettie on phone.jpg
bettie on phone.jpg (141.58 KiB) Viewed 4362 times

I don't know the context of this photo, but the indignant look on her face and the phone in her hand make me think she's calling one of her friends, telling her something like: "Can you believe my boyfriend threatened to spank me? He thinks I spend too much time on the phone!"
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Bettie on the Phone

Post by web-ed »

I'll take a guess, B00m, that this shot of Bettie was taken by one of those private "photography clubs" she modeled for occasionally. Having ten guys crowding around a model all shooting off their flash bulbs at once was not exactly conducive to the best photography, but we should be grateful to these clubs for the simple reason that if it weren't for them we probably wouldn't have any nude photos of Bettie other than her rather tame pose for Playboy (photographed by Bunny Yeager, for those who didn't know). And perhaps we might imagine that in your scenario Bettie's boyfriend really did spank her, which is why she's sitting on a nice soft pad now. :lol:

I can't help thinking that Bettie in the nude here sort of ties in with the current discussion over on your forum about the "bikini weather" in Sydney right now. Willjohn says that it's 68 degrees early in the morning and hot enough to roast you later in the day; I'd say that Bettie here is properly attired to withstand that heat although she should be careful to stay out of direct sunlight. :)

I tend to associate bikini-clad models with summer, so I will resume posting them on this thread come our northern-hemisphere summer. I still have 157 items in the file which is a lot of nude and semi-nude models :o !
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Cathy Crawford and Cathy Lawrence

Post by web-ed »

I'm resuming this series (I have about 150 photos left) in roughly alphabetical order (by the model's first name) through the remaining less-significant models (by number of appearances or any other criterion I can think of). We'll go through the more significant models after that.

This week: Cathy Crawford and Cathy Lawrence:

Cathy Crawford, from the April 1965 Stare.

Cathy Lawrence, from Cartoon Parade (April 1974).

I had the feeling of deja vu when I was digging these up earlier today, and I'll explain why in the next post. Meanwhile, let me pose a question: is there any chance these two are the same girl? They have similar builds, but the the right eyebrows look different. What does everyone think?
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Cathy Lawrence II

Post by web-ed »

The photo of Cathy Lawrence was reprinted twice:

From Stare (April 1971)

From Popular Jokes (November 1980)

Neither reprint really adds anything to the first version. The appeal here is basically Cathy pulling down her bikini partially revealing her behind, as if being instructed: "You're going to get a good spanking, Cathy. Take down those panties and get over my knee."

Now for the deja vu part: I thought I had already posted these because I was sure I had remembered posing the question, "Are these two the same model?", then became confused when I couldn't find them. I finally realized the pair I remembered were Betty Balfours and an unidentified model earlier in this thread.

I wondered if I had dreamed the whole thing! I think my confusion stemmed partly from feeling ill today, possibly because of all that Canadian wildfire smoke. Something's sure making my eyes water. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back in fine form by next week. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Yes the smoke from that fire is causing plenty of problem for people with lung or heart trouble! Ms Lawrance would look nice bending over for the paddle :twisted: :D :D
hugob00m

Cathy Crawford and Cathy Lawrence

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Ah! We've got a couple of pinups with cute their cute bottoms turned to the camera! Yum!

Cathy Crawford's backside isn't bared, but those tights certainly display her luscious curves.

And Cathy Lawrence has a look on her face that seems to say, "You wanna SPANK me? I DARE you!" And she's even dropping her bikini bottom for us! The only thing that would've been better would be if the photographer had shot her in an O.T.K. pose! (No, wait! The best yet would've been if I had been there to apply my horny teenage hand to her naughty rear end! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )
web-ed
Site Admin

Charlie Stewart and Cheryl Lomax

Post by web-ed »

Here we've got a pair than can only be described as extra-spankable! First up is Charlie Stewart, from the April 1971 issue of Stare:

Charlie's greatest asset is generously-sized and nice and long - no short-butt she!

By an interesting coincidence, Cheryl Lomax also appeared in April, 1971, but in a different Humorama publication, Gaze:

Cheryl is incredibly round back there, so an outstanding shape is what she has to offer. Is it my imagination or is there something in her expression that says, "I don't mind a bit posing with only a top on - you can spank my bare bottom if you want to." :?:
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Both Women are Hot!! is Cheryl standing next to a woodshed :twisted: :D :D
hugob00m

Charlie Stewart and Cheryl Lomax

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

These are definitely a couple of beauties who posed with their backsides toward the camera!

Thanks for posting these pics.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:03 am Both Women are Hot!! is Cheryl standing next to a woodshed :twisted: :D :D
That's a fun idea, Butch, but I think from the corrugated sheet material and strange brick wall in the background that this must have been an industrial/commercial building. The photo was probably taken on the weekend when it was deserted; otherwise, there could have been an industrial accident with the workers distracted by the sight of Chery's beautiful behind! :lol:
-- Web-Ed