Bonanza 3

Movies, Television, and Video, excepting Animation
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
murrayroberts

Bonanza 3

Post by murrayroberts »

Dan has long held the view that every spanking scene in which the spankee's upper torso (particularly face) and loower torso (particularly bottom being spanked) at the same time, must inv olve a stunt doublle. In many cases, he is probably right.
It is easy to understand, if not approve, an actress refusing to appear in such a scene (eg Sophia Loren in Boy on a Dolphin), less easy to see why Joan Hackett should object to us seeing a few smacks land on her well protected rear end.

As far as I know, the only publicised incident was when stripper Rita Cadillac's buttocks 'stood in' - so to speak for Suzy Delair's in GERVAISE. This in itself is odd, because there is supposed to be a photo of SD being spanked by a journalist on the front cover of Paris Dimanche, with her commenting that she rather enjoyed that sort of bruising. Only up to a point, I suppose.

For myself,I'm not too bothered; at least we see some female's behing being tanned, even if not the star's.

As we all know, there are umpteen ways in which the film makers can deny us what we want to see. My own pet hate is something like Husbands and Lovers, where the camera toggles rapidly between head, hand/arm, face, and bottom, to kid you that you've seen what you haven't.

Putting aside all these duds and fakes, we do now have access to an immense archive of good stuff.
Lucky us!

Murray
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Bonanza 3

Post by web-ed »

Everybody please join me in welcoming Murray, our newest member.

I suppose we've all got our "favorite" disappointment from movies and television. I'm not sure what mine is - maybe the spanking in I Spy which was relegated to off-screen - but then, I have a very low opinion of Hollywood generally, so my hopes don't get dashed too often. I think we're lucky to live in the age of the dedicated spanking video, where we can see attractive spankees get spanked, paddled and caned, and on their bare bottoms, too! I'll settle for that.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

murrayroberts wrote: For myself,I'm not too bothered; at least we see some female's behing being tanned, even if not the star's.
hi Murray,

the above sentence seems right to me although i do find it interesting when there's information about what bottom was actually getting spanked :D . it's good to see you again. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

I for one don`t know what is worse an actress needing a double to take her place for a spanking scene or a spanking that take place off screen!! Wish that they would have giving us the pleasure to seeing the girl on I spy getting a good over the knee spanking on her tight white jeans clad bottom or the woman on Batmasterson. I once read in Spank Hard magazine that if a spanking is giving off camera it never happen only the one where you see a swat landing on a woman`s bottom should be classified as a spanking scene!! maybe some actress feel humilated to do a spanking scene. :lol:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Butch wrote:

I once read in Spank Hard magazine that if a spanking is giving off camera it never happen only the one where you see a swat landing on a woman`s bottom should be classified as a spanking scene!! maybe some actress feel humiliated to do a spanking scene.

Yeah, I've read that too. And it begs the question: If an actress is unwilling to take the spanking on screen, then why not re-cast the role with an actress who is not unwilling?

For one example: WHY was Priscilla Lane allowed to "fake" her spanking in Love, Honor and Behave (1938)? It cannot be that she was a major star and the studio had to cotton to her whims; according to her IMDb page, Love, Honor and Behave was only her second picture!

Yet we see her husband -- played by Wayne Morris, who would become a hero in World War II -- pick her up under his arm and start whacking her bottom, although we do not immediately see the swats land. When the picture "cuts" to a shot that DOES show some swats landing on a female derriere, Priscilla's face is not in the shot. That, friends, is a dead giveaway that she did not take the spanking.

One of our members here offers the opinion that it is satisfactory to see some female taking the swats, even if not the star. That's a viewpoint that I do not share.

After all, Yvonne DeCarlo certainly took her swats. So did June Haver. So did Kathryn Grayson. So did Maureen O'Hara. So did dozens of other stars. These ladies were legitimate "stars," yet they played their roles perfectly according to the script, even to the point of letting some smacks land on their dainty bottoms. Ann Sheridan, who was a MAJOR star for Warner Bros. back in the day, took TWO spankings on screen. She wasn't too proud... why should anyone else be?

Cheers,
Dan