Back to Basics

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
hugob00m

Re: Back to Basics

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:hey! i think Gary is finally making some progress. i couldn't help but notice that Hannah is now paying MUCH more attention to him. she has also stopped trying to issue orders and is being much more polite......even using the magic words. meanwhile, Isaac seems to have found a couple of "magic words" of his own. i hope you enjoy the new pic.
Yes! As you say, Gary is making progress... and it looks like Jan, who seems to need a spanking more than her sister does, is about to get it!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #10

Post by web-ed »

Glad to see Gary insisting on Hannah showing some respect, although the real highlight here is Jan's shock and dismay as she FINALLY realizes she's going to share her sister's fate. I can't wait to see what happens next :!: :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom and web-ed,

yep, everyone has been wondering about Jan and things have now started to happen on that front. please stay tooned :D . thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Jan's laughter came to a sudden stop..
Dunt dunt dunt dah....!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Jan's laughter came to a sudden stop..
Dunt dunt dunt dah....!
hi willjohn,

well said :lol: . thanks, phil
samantha

Post by samantha »

Phil, I am looking forward to seeing the progression of this story.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

samantha wrote:Phil, I am looking forward to seeing the progression of this story.
hi Samantha,

i have one more pic done that i will post tomorrow. i have also been working on a birthday toon for my friend Springrose. her birthday is Sunday but i won't have it done. i am way behind as i have been completely down with pneumonia for the last week. hopefully, i can get things rolling again now that i am recovering. thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Pneumonia can be very serious! Get well soon, mate.
web-ed
Site Admin

Pneumonia

Post by web-ed »

I'm with Willjohn. Take it easy until you're fully recovered. I had pneumonia once due to overwork and didn't fully recover for about three weeks, which is actually shorter than the average time. So don't push too hard after only one week.
-- Web-Ed
samantha

Post by samantha »

Phil, take your time to recover. Lots of rest and tea for you.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

thanks everyone,

i have indeed been taking it easy. i'm way behind on doing new pics and you wouldn't think that sitting at the computer would be very strenuous but even at that, i tire easily and haven't really done much of anything for over a week now. i do have a pic already done that i'm gonna post after a bit but it may be a while before i actually get back to working on another one. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

looks like that smarts
looks like that smarts
011.jpg (339.9 KiB) Viewed 1934 times
hi everyone,

funny but even in the face of an impending spanking, Janice seems to still be concentrating on her sister rather than on Isaac :lol: . i guess old habits die hard. i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Phil... Please, continue to take care of yourself and get well. Your contributions to this message board are excellent, but the number one priority is your good health. I know I speak for many when I say: Take good care of Phil, and leave the poser toons for later, when you are feeling better.

In the new panel you just posted: Hey, this may just be the best toon you -- or anyone else -- has posted here. We see Hannah, still over Gary's lap, as she struggles mightily to escape his grasp. Her legs and her feet are at apogee, and your artistry captures the scene very well indeed. But struggle as she might, Hannah is no match for her husband's determination. She is being soundly spanked like a naughty child, and when this ordeal is over, her bottom will be scarlet and she will have an intense aversion to sitting down. :D

Meanwhile, it has finally -- belatedly -- dawned on the younger sister, Janice, that she too is in harm's way. As Isaac makes his move to visit a robust spanking on his own wife's rear end, she backs away, thinking she can resist Isaac's determination to copy Gary. I have a suspicion she won't be successful. :lol:

Keep up the good work, Phil. But first things first. Take care of your health, and we'll see you when you are well again.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Hiya Phil... Please, continue to take care of yourself and get well. Your contributions to this message board are excellent, but the number one priority is your good health. I know I speak for many when I say: Take good care of Phil, and leave the poser toons for later, when you are feeling bette
hi Dan,

i agree with you that my health is most important and you may rest assured that i am taking your advice, and the advice of others, to heart! i take the last of the meds tomorrow and i am calling my doctor in the morning for a follow up exam, X-rays etc. i am very tired of being sick and i have to tell you that the drugs needed to cure this are just as bad as the pneumonia so i'll be happy to be rid of them too. i am 63 years old but have never managed to get around to getting a flu shot............until now. as i said, i am tired of being sick. the pic i posted last Friday was one i already had finished. i haven't touched Poser in the last 8-9 days so it'll be a couple weeks before i have more ready to go but i find that i am in no hurry at this time. i appreciate your good wishes on this matter too :D .
daneldorado wrote:In the new panel you just posted: Hey, this may just be the best toon you -- or anyone else -- has posted here. We see Hannah, still over Gary's lap, as she struggles mightily to escape his grasp. Her legs and her feet are at apogee, and your artistry captures the scene very well indeed. But struggle as she might, Hannah is no match for her husband's determination. She is being soundly spanked like a naughty child, and when this ordeal is over, her bottom will be scarlet and she will have an intense aversion to sitting down. :D
i'm glad you liked this one and even more glad that you thought i captured the scene well :D . capturing those struggles is something that is difficult to do with Poser so i'm pleased when anyone noticed that i got the job done.
daneldorado wrote:Meanwhile, it has finally -- belatedly -- dawned on the younger sister, Janice, that she too is in harm's way. As Isaac makes his move to visit a robust spanking on his own wife's rear end, she backs away, thinking she can resist Isaac's determination to copy Gary. I have a suspicion she won't be successful. :lol:
i have a hunch your comment is right on the money. of course, if Jan wants to get away, she really needs to stop watching Hannah but she seems fascinated and or terrified at the spanking that's in progress :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:Keep up the good work, Phil. But first things first. Take care of your health, and we'll see you when you are well again.
will do! thanks again for the good wishes. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #11

Post by web-ed »

I don't see how anyone could not be satisfied, Phil, with Hannah's condition, physical and emotional, as you have rendered it. Fanny on fire, helpless in the face of her husband's determination, her stubbornness has melted away into submission as she learns her lesson at last! As for Jan, she's now looking at her sister in horror as she realizes she's going to share the same fate. :) I look forward to our next installment, but don't push yourself too hard.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I don't see how anyone could not be satisfied, Phil, with Hannah's condition, physical and emotional, as you have rendered it. Fanny on fire, helpless in the face of her husband's determination, her stubbornness has melted away into submission as she learns her lesson at last! As for Jan, she's now looking at her sister in horror as she realizes she's going to share the same fate. :)
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed this toon :D . i thought the best comment about this one came from Dave Wolfe who commented about the camera angle in a personal note. i liked his comment because i think that camera angle is what makes this pic. it shows off Hannah's bottom as well as her expression and also makes it clear just what it is that has terrified Jan and drawn her attention as she attempts to back away :D .
web-ed wrote:I look forward to our next installment, but don't push yourself too hard.
i still haven't gotten back to Poser yet but am hoping to do so soon. it seems like every time i get to feeling more normal, something else happens. at this time i think the pneumonia is gone and i have gotten rid of the side effects of the all the medications but i am still weak and tire easily.............sigh. i have a doctor's appointment this Wednesday so maybe he will have some ideas for me. it's likely to be 2-3 weeks before i can post the next pic in this series. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Janice appears to be at the tipping point...............looks like her reaction is too little too late
Janice appears to be at the tipping point...............looks like her reaction is too little too late
012.jpg (290.48 KiB) Viewed 1934 times
hi everyone,

Isaac finally caught Jan again...........i think she was paying too much attention to what was happening to Hannah and not enough attention to getting away :lol: . she's giving Isaac her full attention now but i think it's too late since she appears to be off balance and about to go face down over his lap :D . meanwhile, Gary and Hannah both seem to be trying to shake off the effects of her spanking :lol: . i have a hunch that Gary's hand will get plenty of rest while he enjoys watching Janice get her much deserved spanking though :D . Hannah's reaction right now is pretty evident but i'm wondering how she'll react to watching her sister get HER bottom spanked ;) . i hope you enjoy it, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

The way Hannah is hopping, you know it must have been one hell of a spanking :!: I can sympathize with Gary - spanking can be very hard on the hand, although it's easier (on the hand) if you spank on the bare bottom rather than over jeans, say. Another reason I'm so fond of paddles - they deliver the punishment where it belongs instead of to the hand! This is one panel where I find my attention doesn't drift over to Jan, although her moment is surely coming, and I can't wait to see it.... :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:The way Hannah is hopping, you know it must have been one hell of a spanking :!:
hi web-ed,

i think so. they say that you should never spank in anger but perhaps a bit of irritation is helpful in certain situations :lol: . besides, you have to remember that the men were discussing early in the toon that they had been remiss in giving spankings to the girls so their bottoms probably aren't as accustomed to it as they might have been once ;) .
web-ed wrote: I can sympathize with Gary - spanking can be very hard on the hand, although it's easier (on the hand) if you spank on the bare bottom rather than over jeans, say.
well, her bottom wasn't bare but those panties were pretty sheer................which brings us back to your original statement about it being a hell of a spanking :D .
web-ed wrote:This is one panel where I find my attention doesn't drift over to Jan, although her moment is surely coming, and I can't wait to see it.... :)
personally, i thought there were things of interest about both couples but Hannah is certainly very entertaining as she tries to shake off the effects of her spanking :lol: . from your comments here, i have a feeling that there will be other things of interest coming up later in this toon ;) . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Great job, Phil! (So far....) ;)

I'm enjoying this "Back to Basics" story two (2) different ways... first, I love M/F spankings, especially OTK and delivered with the HAND. And second, it is so gosh-darned "chauvinistic" that I chuckle when I consider what any feminist might think about it!

If I could place myself in a feminist's shoes for the moment, I might be shocked to see how bold and forthright the guys are, in this story. Imagine! They actually feel they are ENTITLED to put their wives over their knees and whack their lovely behinds! How Dare They? Have they no decency? Have they never heard of civil rights? Or equality of gender? Surely these men are still living in the 1950s!

And it is so, so very refreshing to know that, here in the early 21st century, there are still people who take delight in M/F spanking scenes. To guys like you and me and Web-ed and to, well, to anyone who regularly posts here, we enjoy the hell out of scenes like this. It might be fun if, someday, Nick would delve into the psychology of the spanko. Maybe he already HAS. But the pics I see posted here, and in other spanko sites on the Internet, give me hope that the old-fashioned M/F spankings we grew up enjoying in occasional movies and occasional comic strips, have maybe NOT disappeared into the P.C. mist. The joy of spanking is so primal, so basic to our human nature, I think it deserves being explored more often that it is.

And I also like that you have visited the question of whether spanking somebody with your bare hand could do damage to the spanker's hand as well as to the spankee's bottom. I'm one of those guys who much prefer to spank with the hand, and NOT with a hairbrush, a paddle, or any other weapon. Sometimes I think the reason for that is that I think spanking should test the mettle of both parties and not just the spankee. But it's probably because I enjoy the feel of milady's soft, round backside. Can't do that with a paddle between you.

Great stuff as always, Phil. Nice to know that you are back on your feet again.

Cheers,
Dan