Back to Basics

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Back to Basics

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Great job, Phil! (So far....) ;)
thanks Dan. i'm glad you're enjoying it :D
daneldorado wrote:I'm enjoying this "Back to Basics" story two (2) different ways... first, I love M/F spankings, especially OTK and delivered with the HAND. And second, it is so gosh-darned "chauvinistic" that I chuckle when I consider what any feminist might think about it!
as i think we have probably discussed before and is no doubt obvious from my toons, i too am a fan of OTK hand spanking. it's just so much more intimate that way ;) .
daneldorado wrote:If I could place myself in a feminist's shoes for the moment, I might be shocked to see how bold and forthright the guys are, in this story. Imagine! They actually feel they are ENTITLED to put their wives over their knees and whack their lovely behinds! How Dare They? Have they no decency? Have they never heard of civil rights? Or equality of gender? Surely these men are still living in the 1950s!
to be honest though, i really hadn't considered feminists when doing my toons. there is just a certain way that feels right to me when it comes to relationships between men and women............a certain kind of relationship that seems natural to me. since my toons come mostly from my own fantasies, they follow my ideas of how things should be, such as husbands who feel entitled to spank their wives ;) . as far as the feminists go............Smith Micro will sell Poser to anyone so let them do their own toons if they don't like mine :D .
daneldorado wrote: And it is so, so very refreshing to know that, here in the early 21st century, there are still people who take delight in M/F spanking scenes. To guys like you and me and Web-ed and to, well, to anyone who regularly posts here, we enjoy the hell out of scenes like this. It might be fun if, someday, Nick would delve into the psychology of the spanko. Maybe he already HAS. But the pics I see posted here, and in other spanko sites on the Internet, give me hope that the old-fashioned M/F spankings we grew up enjoying in occasional movies and occasional comic strips, have maybe NOT disappeared into the P.C. mist. The joy of spanking is so primal, so basic to our human nature, I think it deserves being explored more often that it is.
good thing we don't mind being "old fashioned" :lol: . i liked your comment about the joy of spanking being "primal". occasionally i still see something that gives me hope that folks are starting to realize this again. last night on "The Big Bang Theory" Sheldon turned Amy Farah Fowler over his lap for lying to him :D . there were only 2 swats shown and our hero was awkward but Amy was urging him to spank harder. personally, i am hoping that we will get to see her telling the other girls about it next week. considering the sounds that Amy was making after the swats landed and her urging that he spank harder it would seem to me that whoever wrote that scene may indeed realize the primal characteristics of the "proper" relationship between men and women :D .
daneldorado wrote:And I also like that you have visited the question of whether spanking somebody with your bare hand could do damage to the spanker's hand as well as to the spankee's bottom. I'm one of those guys who much prefer to spank with the hand, and NOT with a hairbrush, a paddle, or any other weapon. Sometimes I think the reason for that is that I think spanking should test the mettle of both parties and not just the spankee. But it's probably because I enjoy the feel of milady's soft, round backside. Can't do that with a paddle between you.

in this case, i thought it was something that could happen since Gary was highly motivated to make his point with Hannah.........that is to say he was still a bit pissed at her when the spanking was going on :lol: . i have a hunch his hand will recover sooner than her bottom will ;) .
daneldorado wrote: Great stuff as always, Phil. Nice to know that you are back on your feet again.
thanks again. i'm glad you enjoyed it :D . i am indeed feeling pretty much normal again so hopefully i can get back on a normal schedule again. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Back to Basics #13

Post by web-ed »

Web-Ed here, substituting for Phil, to post Back to Basics #13 which was wiped out when this forum disappeared on 12/24 and everything between 12/10 and 12/24 was lost. I can't reproduce Phil's accompanying comments, nor my own in response, but here is the art itself.
At last - Jan gets taken OTK!
At last - Jan gets taken OTK!
013.jpg (321.84 KiB) Viewed 2438 times
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

here are the comments from pic #13. i went to my toon group and retrieved them.

hi everyone,

Janice seems to be pouting a bit at this point although i can't imagine why :lol: . perhaps it's the discussion that seems to have developed between the boys or maybe it's because her loving sister is bouncing around complaining that her bottom hurts :D . i hope you enjoy it, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

that's gotta be embarrassing
that's gotta be embarrassing
014.jpg (316.44 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
here's pic #14 which i had posted on 12-21 and the accompanying comments.

hi everyone,

it appears that Hannah has recovered enough to be aware of Jan's situation and...........pointing out some things that Jan knew but have now become apparent to her :lol: . you know what they say, "what goes around, comes around" :D . Isaac seems to be joining in on it too and i think Jan has a number of regrets at this point. this will be the last pic i have time for before Christmas so i'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now THAT'S the way to interrupt a sentence.............LOL.
now THAT'S the way to interrupt a sentence.............LOL.
015.jpg (299.27 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
hi everyone,

all this time poor Isaac hasn't been able to get a word in edgewise, let alone finish a sentence! well, they say, "what goes around, comes around" and it looks like it's finally Isaac's turn :D .i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

...and yet ANOTHER great spanking toon from overbarrel!

Phil, I am so enamored of the sight of a pretty woman being spanked by a man over his knee that your gallant attempts to satisfy that craving, are priceless! Here, we see the very first of what I hope will be a barrage of spanks on Janice's comely bottom. And I especially like the fact that the spanker and spankee have witnesses this time! It's humiliation galore for Janice, who only a minute ago was laughing about seeing her sister get spanked....

And in case I haven't mentioned this before (I know that I have), the way you draw a woman's legs is superb. I cannot think of another artist who does a better job. Here, we see Janice's gorgeous gams kicking furiously, trying to extricate herself from this jam she finds herself in. Yep, they are winners!

Now, this is probably going to be seen as a slight cavil, but I have a feeling that Janice's arms might look better if the shading on them were reversed. Basically, when we see two similar objects (in this case, her arms), the one that is closest to the viewer should look lighter in color, while the distant object should look somewhat darker. It's one of the ways to simulate a 3-D look when you are working in a 2-D medium.

Other than that little nit, I think you've done a great job with this start to what I hope will be a torrent of spanks raining on Janice's cute behind. Bravo!

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #14 & 15

Post by web-ed »

No sooner do I get this board back up and we're treated to a couple of more installments, which makes all the effort worthwhile. I think the highlight in #14 is Jan's OTK positioning - I don't know how you were able to get her fanny that high in the air, Phil, but I like it :D ! And of course we can all enjoy her growing embarrassment.

In #15, Jan's incessant chattering is finally cut off by a good swat, the first of many I'm sure! This spanking will surely help her learn how to become a better listener. This is a good panel compositionally because all four characters have been worked in, with witnesses fore and aft maximizing Jan's embarrassment at having her seat warmed.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:...and yet ANOTHER great spanking toon from overbarrel!

Phil, I am so enamored of the sight of a pretty woman being spanked by a man over his knee that your gallant attempts to satisfy that craving, are priceless! Here, we see the very first of what I hope will be a barrage of spanks on Janice's comely bottom. And I especially like the fact that the spanker and spankee have witnesses this time! It's humiliation galore for Janice, who only a minute ago was laughing about seeing her sister get spanked....
hi Dan,

thanks :D . i'm glad you're enjoying this toon. as i think i may have mentioned before, i like OTK spankings best and particularly OTK hand spankings. when i was looking at spanking drawings before i started doing pics of my own i noticed that there were really very few OTK spankings and that's why i decided to do my own pics. i'm betting Jan's laughter is over for a while but there will probably be some from the onlookers :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:And in case I haven't mentioned this before (I know that I have), the way you draw a woman's legs is superb. I cannot think of another artist who does a better job. Here, we see Janice's gorgeous gams kicking furiously, trying to extricate herself from this jam she finds herself in. Yep, they are winners!
i can only take partial credit for this. the people in my pics are some i bought and loaded into Poser. of course, the standard girls are too skinny for my tastes so i do modify the body shapes, including the legs and bottoms, to suit me.............and apparently you and quite a few other folks :D .
daneldorado wrote:Now, this is probably going to be seen as a slight cavil, but I have a feeling that Janice's arms might look better if the shading on them were reversed. Basically, when we see two similar objects (in this case, her arms), the one that is closest to the viewer should look lighter in color, while the distant object should look somewhat darker. It's one of the ways to simulate a 3-D look when you are working in a 2-D medium.

Other than that little nit, I think you've done a great job with this start to what I hope will be a torrent of spanks raining on Janice's cute behind. Bravo!

Cheers,
Dan
after reading this i went back and took another look at the pic. i think there must be something casting a shadow on the near arm. i usually use 3 lights although i almost always turn the shadows off on at least one of them if not 2 to avoid unwanted shadows. i'm gonna have to go back to the live Poser file and investigate this. you can rest assured that Janice will be getting a proper spanking :D . after all, this has been a fantasy of mine for many years and i have waited a long time to see her get a spanking :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:No sooner do I get this board back up and we're treated to a couple of more installments, which makes all the effort worthwhile. I think the highlight in #14 is Jan's OTK positioning - I don't know how you were able to get her fanny that high in the air, Phil, but I like it :D ! And of course we can all enjoy her growing embarrassment.
hi web-ed,

i was happy to see the board back up since i was ready to post pic # 15 anyway :D pic #14 i had posted on the 21st and was apparently lost in the recovery so i re posted it in case some folks hadn't seen it yet. i like her position too. perhaps her bottom is so high from squirming in embarrassment :lol: . btw, i re posted the Christmas toons this morning since they were missing and i also posted a new years toon that i think will meet with a certain amount of satisfaction :D
web-ed wrote:In #15, Jan's incessant chattering is finally cut off by a good swat, the first of many I'm sure! This spanking will surely help her learn how to become a better listener. This is a good panel compositionally because all four characters have been worked in, with witnesses fore and aft maximizing Jan's embarrassment at having her seat warmed.
yeah, maybe now poor Isaac will finally get a chance to finish a sentence................maybe even several for a while after the spanking :lol: . i moved Hannah on purpose figuring that she would want to see Jan's face while Gary would be content with looking at the other "end" of the spanking :D ............and as you mentioned, maximizing Janice's embarrassment ;) . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:yeah, maybe now poor Isaac will finally get a chance to finish a sentence................maybe even several for a while after the spanking. i moved Hannah on purpose figuring that she would want to see Jan's face while Gary would be content with looking at the other "end" of the spanking ............and as you mentioned, maximizing Janice's embarrassment. thanks, phil
Wow! This just keeps getting better and better! I see that Isaac has chosen to use his hand, just like Gary did... by far my favorite "implement" to be used on a naughty girl's backside! This may possibly be your best story yet! I enjoy the conversations between the four characters, and I really enjoy seeing the two sisters turned bottom-side-up!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Wow! This just keeps getting better and better! I see that Isaac has chosen to use his hand, just like Gary did... by far my favorite "implement" to be used on a naughty girl's backside! This may possibly be your best story yet! I enjoy the conversations between the four characters, and I really enjoy seeing the two sisters turned bottom-side-up!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you're enjoying the story :D ...............and of course, bottom side up is what it's all about :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

of course, Jan thinks this isn't fair:P
of course, Jan thinks this isn't fair:P
016.jpg (319.77 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
hi everyone,

it's funny but Janice seems to be trying just about everything to talk her way out of this spanking :lol: . even at that, Isaac has gotten to finish not one but 2 sentences without Jan interrupting him :D .........and the solution was actually really simple :lol: . anyway, everyone seems to be having a good time ;) . well..........ALMOST everyone :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic. thanks, phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Typical! Trying to save her own arse by blaming her already unable-to-sit-down sister after laughing through her sister's punishment.

Talk about bare faced cheek! :roll:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #16

Post by web-ed »

I don't know about Jan, but I'm certainly having a good time :) ! It looks like the only way to get her to stop talking was to start spanking! Soon her mouth will still be opening, but it will be to say things like "Oww!" and "Ouch!" exclusively. I also think you've done an outstanding job on making her backside about the most tempting target anyone could imagine - I'd love to be in Isaac's shoes right about now! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil: I gotta say, your latest contribution to the spanking commonweal (Back2Basics no. 016) is one of the most perfect spanking pics I've seen in many a moon.

All the essential elements are there. It is an M/F pose, Over The Knee, and the spanker is using his bare hand to punish his sweetie's gorgeous bottom. The girl over his lap (Janice) is wearing an expression of dismay, which is most appropriate in the circumstances; Isaac's right hand is at its apogee as it prepares to descend, again and again, smartly upon Jan's uplifted buttocks. Oh, and that's another thing: The best spanking pics are those that show the spankee's bottom higher than her head, like this one. Here, we see that Janice has become thoroughly submissive to her man, and is more-or-less accepting that Isaac will rain multiple smacks upon her winsome, upturned bottom. She will probably continue to fuss and complain, but soon she will realize there is nothing she can do to persuade him to stay his hand. She will just have to lie there and take it.

Just one thing more, Phil. Make that TWO things... meaning, her legs. I know you will probably say that Poser deserves the credit for this, but man oh man I love gorgeous gams! And here, we can see Janice's two totally scrumptious lower limbs at their very best, displayed as if she were competing in a "pretty legs" contest. :D

Put it all together, Phil, and the whole thing is... painful. No, not just for Janice. It is excruciatingly painful for us, your audience... but in a "good" way, you know? And so I ask you, no I plead with you: Have mercy on us!

But not yet. :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Typical! Trying to save her own arse by blaming her already unable-to-sit-down sister after laughing through her sister's punishment.

Talk about bare faced cheek! :roll:
hi Willjohn,

you have a good grasp of the situation here as well as a way with words :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I don't know about Jan, but I'm certainly having a good time :) !
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you're enjoying the toon :D
web-ed wrote: It looks like the only way to get her to stop talking was to start spanking! Soon her mouth will still be opening, but it will be to say things like "Oww!" and "Ouch!" exclusively.
some girls are like that and it's always been one of my favorite ways..................especially if she's constantly interrupting me :lol: . i do think you're right about her changing her tune soon though :D .
web-ed wrote: I also think you've done an outstanding job on making her backside about the most tempting target anyone could imagine - I'd love to be in Isaac's shoes right about now! :lol:
i'll try to keep nice views of her bottom front and center as we continue in this toon :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil: I gotta say, your latest contribution to the spanking commonweal (Back2Basics no. 016) is one of the most perfect spanking pics I've seen in many a moon.
hi Dan,

thanks, i'm glad you found it to your liking :D .
daneldorado wrote:All the essential elements are there. It is an M/F pose, Over The Knee, and the spanker is using his bare hand to punish his sweetie's gorgeous bottom. The girl over his lap (Janice) is wearing an expression of dismay, which is most appropriate in the circumstances; Isaac's right hand is at its apogee as it prepares to descend, again and again, smartly upon Jan's uplifted buttocks. Oh, and that's another thing: The best spanking pics are those that show the spankee's bottom higher than her head, like this one. Here, we see that Janice has become thoroughly submissive to her man, and is more-or-less accepting that Isaac will rain multiple smacks upon her winsome, upturned bottom. She will probably continue to fuss and complain, but soon she will realize there is nothing she can do to persuade him to stay his hand. She will just have to lie there and take it.
of course, i like all the elements you mentioned here too. Jan is indeed submissive but somehow she still seems to think there's a chance of talking her way out of this . i have a hunch she'll soon learn better :lol: . she will indeed just have to lie there and take it :D . if i haven't mentioned it before, i appreciate all the specific comments you make about what you like and dislike about my toons. as i'm sure you know, that's really helpful :D .
daneldorado wrote:Just one thing more, Phil. Make that TWO things... meaning, her legs. I know you will probably say that Poser deserves the credit for this, but man oh man I love gorgeous gams! And here, we can see Janice's two totally scrumptious lower limbs at their very best, displayed as if she were competing in a "pretty legs" contest. :D

Put it all together, Phil, and the whole thing is... painful. No, not just for Janice. It is excruciatingly painful for us, your audience... but in a "good" way, you know? And so I ask you, no I plead with you: Have mercy on us!

But not yet. :lol:

Cheers,
well, those legs will be featuring prominently in the rest of the toon so just sit back and enjoy :D . i'm glad you added that "but not yet" part since i intend to keep pouring it on as long as the toon lasts :lol: . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Oh yeah! I love the latest instalment of Back to Basics! First of all, I agree with all the comments that Dan, Willjohn, and Web-ed just made... and I'll add that it's fun to see the older sister gloating, now that her punishment is over... (or is it?) I can hardly wait to see how this story continues!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Oh yeah! I love the latest instalment of Back to Basics! First of all, I agree with all the comments that Dan, Willjohn, and Web-ed just made... and I'll add that it's fun to see the older sister gloating, now that her punishment is over... (or is it?) I can hardly wait to see how this story continues!
hi Boom,

i'm glad you too enjoyed the latest pic..........it gives me a grin when other folks like my work :D . personally, i think Hannah's gloating is certainly justified and she has the added advantage of knowing she has already gotten her spanking :D . you do seem suspicious about that though :lol: well, we'll just have to keep watching and see if i have any surprises left :lol: . thanks, phil