Back to Basics

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Back to Basics

Post by overbarrel49 »

now things are picking up
now things are picking up
017.jpg (319.8 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
hi everyone,

no one seems to be buying any of Jan's excuses and i think it's just now dawning on her that she's been talking WAY too much :lol: . Hannah seems to be having a good time though...............what goes around, comes around i guess :D . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:Hannah seems to be having a good time though...............what goes around, comes around i guess. i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
Wow! I certainly do enjoy your new pic! :D :D This story is quickly becoming my favorite! Hannah's does indeed seem to be having a good time... even though she just finished getting her own backside thoroughly tanned! It must be because she's finally seeing justice done to her little slster! And Isaac is certainly enjoying himself! Gary must be liking the view from where he's standing. Hmmm... I think maybe the only one who's not having a good time is Janice!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

If Hannah keeps up the chuckling is she risking another trip over hubby's knee?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Wow! I certainly do enjoy your new pic! :D :D This story is quickly becoming my favorite
hi Boom,

thanks............i'm glad :D .
hugob00m wrote:Hannah's does indeed seem to be having a good time... even though she just finished getting her own backside thoroughly tanned! It must be because she's finally seeing justice done to her little slster! And Isaac is certainly enjoying himself! Gary must be liking the view from where he's standing. Hmmm... I think maybe the only one who's not having a good time is Janice!
i think you're right. of course, Jan already had her fun while Hannah was getting it :lol: . it's nice when everyone can have a good time at family get togethers :lol: . more good times coming up :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:If Hannah keeps up the chuckling is she risking another trip over hubby's knee?
hi Willjohn,

you seem suspicious about Hannah's future :lol: . i have to say that you're not the only one though. i've had a number of comments voicing such suspicions but you'll all have to wait to see what happens :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

First, Phil, know that I am totally "sold" on the pictures you provide, so have no fear that I would abandon you as a fan.

What I want to tell you now is this: Back in my youth, my pal Richard and I dated two girls who were "best friends." We spanked our ladies regularly, but one night we decided to "mix it up" a little. So I spanked my girl Patti, and Richard spanked his Ginny. THEN, to sweeten the experience, we decided to switch girls.

So that evening, I gave Patti her regular spanking and Richard spanked Ginny... BUT THEN, we switched off, and each of us guys put the OTHER GUY''S girl over his knee. So that night I spanked my sweet Patti, then followed up by spanking Ginny while Richard spanked my girl.

That was the most orgasmic experience I had ever had, to that point. And now I am wondering if the thought of switching ladies for a second spanking, has ever occurred to you... a "double" spanking, as it were. :D

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:First, Phil, know that I am totally "sold" on the pictures you provide, so have no fear that I would abandon you as a fan.
hi Dan,

thanks! it's nice to know there are folks who regularly enjoy my toons :D .
daneldorado wrote:What I want to tell you now is this: Back in my youth, my pal Richard and I dated two girls who were "best friends." We spanked our ladies regularly, but one night we decided to "mix it up" a little. So I spanked my girl Patti, and Richard spanked his Ginny. THEN, to sweeten the experience, we decided to switch girls.

So that evening, I gave Patti her regular spanking and Richard spanked Ginny... BUT THEN, we switched off, and each of us guys put the OTHER GUY''S girl over his knee. So that night I spanked my sweet Patti, then followed up by spanking Ginny while Richard spanked my girl.

That was the most orgasmic experience I had ever had, to that point. And now I am wondering if the thought of switching ladies for a second spanking, has ever occurred to you... a "double" spanking, as it were. :D

Cheers,
this is a very interesting story! i have had several viewers suggest that they would like to see a story such as the scenario you described above. it seems like there are quite a few folks who fantasize about this but you are the only one i know of that has actually had it happen :D . actually, the ones who have mentioned this to me are all men so i don't know what the ladies think about this. did your girl and her best friends have any comments about having this actually happen to them? to answer your question, i have thought about this and it has even been suggested that i could end this toon in such a manner. at this time i have a different end in mind for this toon but on the other hand, my toons often change directions due to comments from viewers. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Double Date Spanking

Post by web-ed »

Dan - that has to be the most satisfying double-date that any man ever went on! :lol:

I can't really see it as a plot development for "Back to Basics" but it's something Phil might want to consider for his next strip.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Jan's just starting to get the words right
Jan's just starting to get the words right
018.jpg (305.08 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
hi everyone,

i think some things are coming back to Janice now...........like how much getting a spanking hurts :D ...........and that complaining that it hurts won't help :lol: ...............and that it's not nice to make fun of your sister while she's getting a spanking :lol: . too bad she didn't remember all this stuff earlier..........of course, considering how irritated Isaac was, it might not have helped anyway ;) . i hope you all enjoy the new pic, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Phil... Another week, and we have another new panel for "Back to Basics" from Overbarrel! Bravo!!

And again, we get a great Leg Show from Janice... although, to be fair, we must admit that this time her left leg is identical to the left leg in the previous panel. But I love the sight of pretty legs anyway, so a repeat view is not too tough to take. :D

And I like that you are once again showing us a panel with Isaac's hand connecting with its delectable target, rather than just waving it in the air. Of course I love all the stages of a good M/F spanking scene, but sadly a lot of spanko artists only draw the hand in the air, rather than hitting the target. Here, we see ALL stages of the "action" taking place.

Meanwhile, the already-spanked Hannah is having a great time watching her sister get her smacks. She is now using some pretty provocative language, for example "your dress is sliding up and your tiny panties are crawling right into your crack... HaHaHaHaaa!" Previously, she had commented on Jan's "barely there" panties and how revealing they are. Hannah's "mouthing off" like that shows us what a brat she really is, even though she is still nursing a very sore bottom herself. :lol:

Phil, this is a scrumptious feast for the eyes. "Back to Basics" is now in danger of topping what I consider your previous best work, that being "One Good Turn." It was so joyous to see both mother and daughter being spanked, back to back... and now we are seeing two sisters being spanked in a similar way. Phil, you are too good for us... and I hope you never stop.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #18

Post by web-ed »

We're making some progress here as Janice is beginning to promise to be a good girl instead of making demands. The roles have certainly been reversed between the sisters now as it's Hannah who's laughing at Jan's predicament instead of the other way around. And I'm certainly happy with the condition of Jan's bottom, although Jan may not be :lol: !

I'm in agreement with Dan's assessment of this series as a whole. Too tired now in the middle of the night to be more specific, but good work! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:And again, we get a great Leg Show from Janice... although, to be fair, we must admit that this time her left leg is identical to the left leg in the previous panel. But I love the sight of pretty legs anyway, so a repeat view is not too tough to take. :D
hi Dan,

good observation............and one that had eluded me :lol: . i usually try to alternate the legs as to which one is up and which is down but it is more difficult where i have onlookers in the scene. i am more limited as far as what camera angles i can use without getting the camera far back from the action or cutting the heads off the onlookers. it is often a problem getting that right leg up without blocking our view of the spankee's bottom and i don't want to do that :lol: . anyway, in these situations i usually have more pics with the right leg low and the left leg high but this time the positions are almost identical to the previous pic, as you pointed out. i'm glad it didn't ruin your enjoyment of the pic ;) .
daneldorado wrote:And I like that you are once again showing us a panel with Isaac's hand connecting with its delectable target, rather than just waving it in the air. Of course I love all the stages of a good M/F spanking scene, but sadly a lot of spanko artists only draw the hand in the air, rather than hitting the target. Here, we see ALL stages of the "action" taking place.
i actually started doing this at your suggestion. it's a more difficult pic for me to do since it's a problem making it look as if her bottom cheek has been flattened out by the swat landing so i had been kind of avoiding such pics until you mentioned it some time back. i think i am getting better at depicting his hand landing, although there's still room for improvement, but i do have to agree with you that it adds to the over all effect. i was particularly pleased with pic #010 in this toon and i thought showing his hand landing made this pic more intense than it might have been otherwise :D .
daneldorado wrote:Meanwhile, the already-spanked Hannah is having a great time watching her sister get her smacks. She is now using some pretty provocative language, for example "your dress is sliding up and your tiny panties are crawling right into your crack... HaHaHaHaaa!" Previously, she had commented on Jan's "barely there" panties and how revealing they are. Hannah's "mouthing off" like that shows us what a brat she really is, even though she is still nursing a very sore bottom herself. :lol:
i like that "provocative" language and i think such language adds some extra fun to the story :D . those were some good observations about Hannah. she is indeed having a great time and she is indeed a brat :lol: . of course, i can't say i blame Hannah for reciprocating after Janice made such fun of her during her own spanking. still, i appears to me that both girls have been pretty bratty and have been delighting in doing so. it kinda makes me wonder if they might not be in for more spankings :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:Phil, this is a scrumptious feast for the eyes. "Back to Basics" is now in danger of topping what I consider your previous best work, that being "One Good Turn." It was so joyous to see both mother and daughter being spanked, back to back... and now we are seeing two sisters being spanked in a similar way. Phil, you are too good for us... and I hope you never stop.

Cheers,
Dan
as many times as you have mentioned "One Good Turn", your comment about "Back to Basics" is an unexpected one but one that brought a smile to my face :D i'm glad you're enjoying this toon and i have every intention of continuing to do toons into the foreseeable future ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:We're making some progress here as Janice is beginning to promise to be a good girl instead of making demands. The roles have certainly been reversed between the sisters now as it's Hannah who's laughing at Jan's predicament instead of the other way around. And I'm certainly happy with the condition of Jan's bottom, although Jan may not be :lol: !
hi web-ed,

Isaac certainly is making some progress here and i have a hunch we will see more promising from Janice before this is over :lol: . as i commented to Dan, i can't say i blame Hannah for reciprocating after Janice made such fun of her during her own spanking. after all, what goes around, comes around...........besides, i think it adds some fun to our story :D . i too like the condition of Jan's bottom and i certainly think a good spanking was justified for a number of reasons ;) .
web-ed wrote:I'm in agreement with Dan's assessment of this series as a whole. Too tired now in the middle of the night to be more specific, but good work! :)
i'm glad you're enjoying this toon :D . more to come. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

a proper discussion
a proper discussion
019.jpg (327.03 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Isaac has rediscovered the proper format to use for a "discussion" with Janice.............at least if he wants to get her attention :lol: . a spankee friend of mine commented that sometimes, the quickest way to get something through to her brain is to go through her bottom :lol: . in any case, Isaac's tactic of letting his hand explain the consequences to Jan's bottom seems to be working really well :D . it's interesting but watching this scene seems to be having an effect on Hannah too ;) . i hope you all enjoy it. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Wow... :o Isaac has rediscovered the proper format for Janice, all right! In your latest panel, her bottom looks redder than ever, and I have this feeling that when Isaac finishes with her, that bottom is going to be as red as a beet. All in the interest of getting her attention, of course. :P

Phil, your newest pic is fabulous as always. I love the positioning and I am loving the fact that Jan's spanking has witnesses. Oh man, that's GOT to make this whole ordeal even more painful. Just think of the embarrassment she must be suffering right now!

As I say, I love the positioning in this panel, but I did notice that, once again, you have made her left arm TOO LONG. Actually, it's her upper arm. The left forearm looks just about right, but the biceps/triceps part of her arm looks about twice as long as it should. I know, I know: It's a tricky position to get right. If memory serves, one of our members -- maybe the bossman himself, Web-ed -- wrote a comment to you about this very problem in a pic you posted for your gem, "One Good Turn."

Lemme see here: Oh yes, the following was posted by Web-ed on

Re: One Good Turn
by web-ed » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:14 am

I agree that #11 is good, but I think #12 may be even more exciting. Great OTK positioning, and while I can't see all of Jennifer's bottom, I can see enough to get my imagination working! I liked the way Grand Dad pinned her right arm back, although for some reason her upper arm (right side) came out a little too long, but that's a minor matter.

Please understand Phil, I think your artistry is just fine, and in fact it is just about PERFECT! If the spankee's left arm seems too long in a pic, at least the main attraction (her glowing red butt) is depicted authentically. And that's worth the price of admission, right there. :D

Keep the Faith, okay?

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Wow... :o Isaac has rediscovered the proper format for Janice, all right! In your latest panel, her bottom looks redder than ever, and I have this feeling that when Isaac finishes with her, that bottom is going to be as red as a beet. All in the interest of getting her attention, of course. :P
hi Dan,

of course :lol:
daneldorado wrote:Phil, your newest pic is fabulous as always. I love the positioning and I am loving the fact that Jan's spanking has witnesses. Oh man, that's GOT to make this whole ordeal even more painful. Just think of the embarrassment she must be suffering right now!
that embarrassment is part of her punishment of course although i have to wonder at this point just how much she is still aware of the onlookers............i think Isaac is giving her "other" things to think about :lol: .
daneldorado wrote:As I say, I love the positioning in this panel, but I did notice that, once again, you have made her left arm TOO LONG. Actually, it's her upper arm. The left forearm looks just about right, but the biceps/triceps part of her arm looks about twice as long as it should. I know, I know: It's a tricky position to get right. If memory serves, one of our members -- maybe the bossman himself, Web-ed -- wrote a comment to you about this very problem in a pic you posted for your gem, "One Good Turn."
the whole left arm looked too long to me when i went back and had another look at the pic..........and you're right, i remember web-ed did mentioning this one time before. i really don't understand what causes this since the bodies are set and have the same proportions in every pic. you mentioned a problem with one of her feet a while back too. it apparently has to do with the cameras and the angles at which they are used. i guess the only thing can do to avoid this is to pay better attention when i am rendering the pics and to make changes to get rid of any problems.
daneldorado wrote:Please understand Phil, I think your artistry is just fine, and in fact it is just about PERFECT! If the spankee's left arm seems too long in a pic, at least the main attraction (her glowing red butt) is depicted authentically. And that's worth the price of admission, right there. :D

Keep the Faith, okay?

Cheers,
Dan
i'm glad you enjoyed the pic anyway............and the glowing bottom :D that is the main attraction ;) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #19

Post by web-ed »

I think Isaac has finally gotten the message through to Jan! I think what I like best about this panel is the way Jan's arms and legs are waving wildly about, unable to diminish the stinging sensation in her backside! I also think that Hannah may be up to something - she seems to find her sister's helplessness way too tempting. :) Good job on this latest installment.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:I think Isaac has finally gotten the message through to Jan! I think what I like best about this panel i the way Jan's arms and legs are waving wildly about, unable to diminish the stinging sensation in her backside!
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed the action in this one :D . i do like it when the spankee struggles so i like to convey those struggles in my pics when i think it's appropriate ;)
web-ed wrote: I also think that Hannah may be up to something - she seems to find her sister's helplessness way too tempting. :) Good job on this latest installment.
she does seem to be having a reaction to watching........perhaps some different sensations than she felt when she was getting her spanking :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

now we're getting somewhere
now we're getting somewhere
020.jpg (303.29 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
hi everyone,

it looks to me like Janice is having a very strong reaction to the spanking Isaac's giving her............just as he was hoping :lol: . it also seems that Hannah is having some kind of reaction to watching while her sister gets her bottom blistered. it kind of makes me wonder in a situation like this one whether the spankee's would rather get spanked first or last 8-) ? i hope you enjoy the new pic. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Back to Basics #20

Post by web-ed »

The first thing that strikes me is how hot Janice's rear is - in a double sense! :) That is one beautiful bottom, and I think at this point it's red enough to indicate that Jan's attitude has been well and truly adjusted! Meanwhile, Hannah is surprised to find she's getting aroused by the idea of being held powerless by Gary. Apparently (and unsurprisingly), Hannah is not a true spanko, meaning that this is not something she always fantasized about, but she is one of those women who find spanking at least a little arousing under the right circumstances. Very likely what appeals to such women is the idea of being forced to give up control. There are many such women, many more I'm sure than dedicated hard-core spankos - I would guess perhaps 1 in 4.

I think we're close to winding things up now.
-- Web-Ed