An Alternate Proposal

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: An Alternate Proposal

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hmmmmmm, short and sweet
Hmmmmmm, short and sweet
024.jpg (228.69 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
hi everyone,
sometimes when you say the least, it means the most although.............it appears that Natalie has learned you have to say SOMETHING :lol: Willjohn, this should at least START to answer your question :D i hope you all enjoy it. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

merry after Christmas Phil!

I think corner time gave Natalie time to form a cogent thought. that is almost impossible during a spanking. not sure us spankees make much sense while OTK. and since Mark took charge her affirmative reply was expected! they are in for a long happy life together. but this is the first of many spankings I would think. is Mark going to forget about those damn penalty swats now that he's got the right answer? somehow I don't think so. Poor Natalie! she will be incoherent once more. and her poor bottom is about to sting even worse. a good spanker would never let a spankee slide on her penalties. but maybe on special occasions? another good one Phil. it's amazing even with the crazy holiday time you found time to do another toon for us! thank you.

sunflower
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #23-24

Post by web-ed »

Hey Phil,

This is great! What you have here is as good a presentation of a woman's emotional satisfaction from being forced to submit to a man as I have seen. At the same time, this couple's essential problem has been solved - and the woman's confidence in her man is the essential problem in any relationship. With this confidence comes emotional security for the woman, and provided the two don't have widely differing goals in life, any other problems can be easily worked out.

Natalie looks pretty good with her hands behind her head. Time for a hug and then perhaps it should be off to the bedroom as she and Mark consummate their engagement, if one may use that term. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:merry after Christmas Phil!

I think corner time gave Natalie time to form a cogent thought. that is almost impossible during a spanking. not sure us spankees make much sense while OTK. and since Mark took charge her affirmative reply was expected! they are in for a long happy life together. but this is the first of many spankings I would think. is Mark going to forget about those damn penalty swats now that he's got the right answer? somehow I don't think so. Poor Natalie! she will be incoherent once more. and her poor bottom is about to sting even worse. a good spanker would never let a spankee slide on her penalties. but maybe on special occasions? another good one Phil. it's amazing even with the crazy holiday time you found time to do another toon for us! thank you.

sunflower
hi Sunflower,

you seem to have given all this a lot of thought.................you seem to have everything figured out pretty well. now we will just have to wait to see how accurate you are 8-) . as far as the penalty swats go..................they are the same as the rest of the spanking. once the spanking, or the penalty swats have been promised, they have to be delivered. relationships are based on promises kept and if he promised a spanking or penalty swats and then didn't deliver them Natalie would be disappointed and less secure in the relationship. once announced, a spanking must take place or it causes a loss of trust in the relationship. i'm glad that you enjoyed the toon :D . thanks for all your thoughtful comments. phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Hey Phil,

This is great! What you have here is as good a presentation of a woman's emotional satisfaction from being forced to submit to a man as I have seen
hi web-ed,

thanks :D . that is exactly what i was trying to depict so your comment brought grin to my face :D .
web-ed wrote:At the same time, this couple's essential problem has been solved - and the woman's confidence in her man is the essential problem in any relationship. With this confidence comes emotional security for the woman, and provided the two don't have widely differing goals in life, any other problems can be easily worked out.

Natalie looks pretty good with her hands behind her head. Time for a hug and then perhaps it should be off to the bedroom as she and Mark consummate their engagement, if one may use that term. :)
your comment about the woman's confidence in her man is well said. it's part of what i was trying to convey to Sunflower in my reply to her but you have expanded on that ;) . i too thought Natalie looked good here...............submissive too. of course, they can't go to bed yet because there's the matter of those penalty swats.................and yes you may use the term consummate :lol: . we'll see just how all this goes down. i'm glad you enjoyed the toon :D . thanks, phil
';
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

overbarrel49 wrote:
024.jpg
hi everyone,
sometimes when you say the least, it means the most although.............it appears that Natalie has learned you have to say SOMETHING :lol: Willjohn, this should at least START to answer your question :D i hope you all enjoy it. phil

She must have liked it.otherwise she would have sneaked out to show her bruised bottom to the local policewoman to be photographed for the assault brief.
Now she will have to let the swelling subside for her wedding dress fitting.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

There's a quote in McLintock! "I guess this is the only engagement that ever started off with a spanking!" IF the engagement of Devlin Waren and Becky McLintock ever was the only one that started off with a spanking, it sure isn't now! :D :D :D :D

It looks like there'll be a "happily ever after" ending for Mark and Natalie... AFTER she gets her "penalty swats"! Oooh! That poor girl's bottom is so-o-o red already! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

And maybe, at their wedding, instead of tossing the garter to see who the next groom is going to be, Mark can hand a paddle to his best man... who's been having a bit of trouble getting his lady to commit! ;) ;) ;) ;)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:There's a quote in McLintock! "I guess this is the only engagement that ever started off with a spanking!" IF the engagement of Devlin Waren and Becky McLintock ever was the only one that started off with a spanking, it sure isn't now! :D :D :D :D
hi Boom,

perhaps Mark is a fan of McLintock :lol: . i know i think it's a great idea :D .
hugob00m wrote:It looks like there'll be a "happily ever after" ending for Mark and Natalie... AFTER she gets her "penalty swats"! Oooh! That poor girl's bottom is so-o-o red already! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yeah it is :D . that's the bad thing about those penalty swats...................she will be getting them on a bottom that's already red and sore. they should make a good impression so to speak 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:And maybe, at their wedding, instead of tossing the garter to see who the next groom is going to be, Mark can hand a paddle to his best man... who's been having a bit of trouble getting his lady to commit! ;) ;) ;) ;)
that's an interesting idea but Mark needs to make sure he has more than one paddle before he does that. i have a hunch he may be needing his again in the near future :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Natalie is so happy she's not even rubbing her sore bottom
Natalie is so happy she's not even rubbing her sore bottom
025.jpg (266.2 KiB) Viewed 5498 times
hi everyone,

well, folks, it looks like we're heading towards that happy ending that Mark and Natalie have been wanting :D . of course, we may not be quite as close to getting there as Natalie is thinking :lol: . i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hi Phil!

I guess Natalie is still not thinking about her penalty swats. always those damn penalty swats! she probably thinks because things are going so good that the unpleasant part (at least for her) is over. my first spanking I did not remember either. if she is to still get them it will be an unpleasant surprise for her. again, she has my sympathies but also I think she is a lucky girl! thanks Phil!

sunflower
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Excellent work, Phil... AGAIN!!!

Your final panel on "Alternate Proposal" is supremely satisfying. Here we see two lovers, having survived the ultimate test of their mutual regard, and they are in a warm embrace. I'm an old softie, and to me that final hug is the ONE THING that vindicates a good spanking ordeal. Gotta love it!

Your artistry is so fine, you have depicted that embrace in a very realistic manner. If I didn't know this was poser art, I would think you used real-life models while you drew it. Hmmm... that's a good question. DO YOU, in fact, work from real life? :)

There is just one thing about this final picture, and perhaps I am the only viewer to bring this up... but here, in the panel with the big hug between Mark and Natalie, you show Natalie's head against Mark's chest, and we are struck by the "impact" where her lovely face is in contact with the Ralph Lauren polo player logo on Mark's shirt. Previous panels that show Mark's chest have shown the logo as soft body dynamics, i.e., an unimportant detail. But here, you show the logo as a "rigid body"... and yes, I've plowed through Wikipedia to get some of these terms straight. ;) Anyway, the juncture of Natalie's face and the polo player is distracting, at least to me.

Other than that, Phil, you have delivered a very fine picture. In fact, almost ALL of "An Alternate Proposal" is great.

Happy New Year!

Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:.
Excellent work, Phil... AGAIN!!!
hi Dan,

thanks. i'm glad you enjoyed it :D .
daneldorado wrote:Your final panel on "Alternate Proposal" is supremely satisfying. Here we see two lovers, having survived the ultimate test of their mutual regard, and they are in a warm embrace. I'm an old softie, and to me that final hug is the ONE THING that vindicates a good spanking ordeal. Gotta love it!
i'm happy that you found this panel satisfying and that you thought the hug was a good idea. i did too :D . this isn't the last panel however. it will be into at least mid February before this toon is over.
daneldorado wrote:Your artistry is so fine, you have depicted that embrace in a very realistic manner. If I didn't know this was poser art, I would think you used real-life models while you drew it. Hmmm... that's a good question. DO YOU, in fact, work from real life? :)
i do not use real models. i do , of course, look at other art and photos and real life along the way to see how it looks but when i am doing a pic i usually just pose them as it looks right to me and don't have reference materials there at the time i'm doing them. i appreciate your comment that the embrace is done realistically :D . it is difficult with poser because when 2 objects in poser collide, one of them just goes inside the other one and it's difficult to get the area of that collision to look right because the bending and shadows that occurs in real life doesn't happen with poser.
daneldorado wrote:There is just one thing about this final picture, and perhaps I am the only viewer to bring this up... but here, in the panel with the big hug between Mark and Natalie, you show Natalie's head against Mark's chest, and we are struck by the "impact" where her lovely face is in contact with the Ralph Lauren polo player logo on Mark's shirt. Previous panels that show Mark's chest have shown the logo as soft body dynamics, i.e., an unimportant detail. But here, you show the logo as a "rigid body"... and yes, I've plowed through Wikipedia to get some of these terms straight. ;) Anyway, the juncture of Natalie's face and the polo player is distracting, at least to me.
this is exactly what i was talking about in the last paragraph. the logo in this pic is "stiff". because her head is pushing against her chest, that logo should be bent with a shadow along the bend but that doesn't happen here because her head is actually inside his chest instead of pushing against the outside. i had noticed that it was a bit off but couldn't put my finger on the problem. you are right though, it is the logo. without the logo there, i think it would have looked more natural.
daneldorado wrote:Other than that, Phil, you have delivered a very fine picture. In fact, almost ALL of "An Alternate Proposal" is great.
i'm glad you've been enjoying this one and thanks for your comments :D . phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:i'm happy that you found this panel satisfying and that you thought the hug was a good idea
hi Phil!

the hug is a very good idea. I happen to get a hug after every one of my spankings so I can connect with your toon on that. it's very comforting in a way to receive that hug. I think every spankee should get a hug after a spanking. it's an important part.

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:
hi Phil!

the hug is a very good idea. I happen to get a hug after every one of my spankings so I can connect with your toon on that. it's very comforting in a way to receive that hug. I think every spankee should get a hug after a spanking. it's an important part.

sunflower
hi Sunflower,

i really like it that this pic made a connection with you :D . i totally agree with your statements above........not only is that hug important, i think it and aftercare in general are very important ;) . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

You've already gotten some comments from people who love the big hug in your most recent addition to your story. I agree with what they say. It's good to see the couple hug at the end of a romantic spanking... (or... at least at the end of PART ONE of the spanking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
And of course, you show us the hug from an angle that we can cleary see Natalie's glowing backside! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I love this story and I'm looking forward to seeing what will be next for this wonderful couple. (Well... I know there will be PENALTY SWATS, :D :D :D :D but, knowong how you write, I'm sure you have at least one surprise for the audience before it's all over) :o :o :o :o
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: An Alternate Proposal #25

Post by web-ed »

When it comes to matters of the heart, I tend to be not a cynical man but a realistic man, which means that most of time, I expect things to go wrong and people to be left terribly unhappy. But that doesn't mean I don't like a happy ending, where for once one of the two people involved didn't blow it, nor did cruel circumstance intervene and cause them to be parted, and this is a good one (yes, I know it's not over yet, which is fine with me as I want to see more anyway). And while, as Proust remarked, while happiness is beneficial to the body it is grief that develops the powers of the mind, grief also makes for a lousy spanking cartoon - which is my convoluted way of saying I liked this latest episode a whole lot :) .

No one could be unmoved seeing Natalie content in Mark's arms, and this kind of scene can't be easy to pull off with Poser. Of course, there's still the matter of those penalty swats, and then we'll see where we are.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:You've already gotten some comments from people who love the big hug in your most recent addition to your story. I agree with what they say. It's good to see the couple hug at the end of a romantic spanking... (or... at least at the end of PART ONE of the spanking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed the hug..............it seemed an appropriate moment for it under the circumstances :D .
hugob00m wrote:And of course, you show us the hug from an angle that we can cleary see Natalie's glowing backside! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I love this story and I'm looking forward to seeing what will be next for this wonderful couple. (Well... I know there will be PENALTY SWATS, :D :D :D :D but, knowong how you write, I'm sure you have at least one surprise for the audience before it's all over) :o :o :o :o
i am planning on events that i think will be surprising yet which we will get to later :lol: . after all, we still have to get to that happy ending 8-) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:When it comes to matters of the heart, I tend to be not a cynical man but a realistic man, which means that most of time, I expect things to go wrong and people to be left terribly unhappy. But that doesn't mean I don't like a happy ending, where for once one of the two people involved didn't blow it, nor did cruel circumstance intervene and cause them to be parted, and this is a good one (yes, I know it's not over yet, which is fine with me as I want to see more anyway). And while, as Proust remarked, while happiness is beneficial to the body it is grief that develops the powers of the mind, grief also makes for a lousy spanking cartoon - which is my convoluted way of saying I liked this latest episode a whole lot :) .
hi web-ed,

i'm glad you enjoyed this pic :D .
web-ed wrote:No one could be unmoved seeing Natalie content in Mark's arms, and this kind of scene can't be easy to pull off with Poser. Of course, there's still the matter of those penalty swats, and then we'll see where we are.
these kinds of scenes are indeed difficult to do with Poser. that's why you will see many Poser artists who avoid physical contact between their Poser people at all costs. i personally thought this one turned out pretty well though although, i may pick a shirt with no logo on it next time :lol: . we will be getting to those penalty swats soon and after that, we will indeed see where we are 8-) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

the spanking isn't actually over
the spanking isn't actually over
026.jpg (272.32 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
hi everyone,

it looks like Natalie is surprised and dismayed at this turn of events.....................as well as somewhat confused :lol: i hope you all like the new pic. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

overbarrel49 wrote:it looks like Natalie is surprised and dismayed at this turn of events.....................as well as somewhat confused i hope you all like the new pic. phil
good morning Phil!

you really nailed this one! I can tell you since I am not that far removed from my first adult spanking and my first penalty swats that i'm sure that's what my face looked like and those were definitely my emotions and thoughts. I forgot all about my penalty swats and I was sure my poor bottom couldn't take anymore. I only had 10 swats my first penalty but I didn't know what to expect. to add to that bent over with a bare bottom is very embarrassing. I don't know what was worse....the sting (and boy, did it sting) or the embarrassment, or the not knowing what exactly was coming. but I had earned those swats, I took them and now I fondly think about them. great one Phil!!

sunflower