Turn of Events

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
overbarrel49

Re: Turn of Events

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Yikes! Phil, you have clearly shifted into overdrive here, my friend. :lol: Penny is now enjoying a real "spanking to remember." :D
hi Dan,

i'm glad you're enjoying this pic :D .
daneldorado wrote:From the way you have the characters arranged, Penny is receiving one of the most genuine spankings I've ever seen on the page. There she is, stretched across Oliver's lap, and her crimson buns are being severely beaten by Ollie's insrument -- the hairbrush. Oh Lord, this is one of the most savory spank scenes ever. If this girl gets to sit down even once in the upcoming week, that act will hurt almost as much as she is hurting now!
thanks for the glowing words about this one. apparently , this pic really struck a chord with you and i always love it when that happens :D .
daneldorado wrote: Glorious. This, Phil, is a work of art. I'm still waiting and hoping to see a nice double spanking, with Penny being spanked again by her man, and with Quint applying his strong right hand to the nosy Raquel's buttcheeks.

Cheers,
Dan
we will be having more "developments" coming up soon so just stay tooned 8-) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hmmmm, we have a new player
hmmmm, we have a new player
014.jpg (338.95 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
hi everyone,

it appears we have all kinds of "developments" in our story :D . just about everyone is discovering something they hadn't thought about 8-) . i hope you all enjoy the new pic. phil
overbarrel49

Re: Turn of Events #12

Post by overbarrel49 »

here's the plain version as i corrected it. below in the next post is the original screwed up pic
here's the plain version as i corrected it. below in the next post is the original screwed up pic
014 pl.jpg (314.43 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
web-ed wrote:Yes, I am enjoying the latest picture :D ! What a fine view of Penny's reddening rear end! Penny is now in a very, shall we say, cooperative frame of mind, willing to promise anything, which is just where Oliver wants her. Meanwhile, Raquel cannot resist trying to sneak a better look, which is likely to be her undoing.

Now, while my favorite thing to look at here is the target of Oliver's fury, something else interesting has been going on. Beginning two panels ago (#10), Penny started to put her right hand back. Last panel (#11), Oliver seized her arm just above the wrist preventing her from making any further attempt at blocking the spanks - Raquel even notices this. Finally in this panel (#!2) Oliver pins her arm behind her back, which is perfectly realistic since it often happens in an OTK spanking. I thought it might be a little hard to pull off with Poser, though, because the right forearm must be rotated so the palm is up, and I checked to make sure you didn't accidentally wind up with a left hand at the end of Penny's right arm - not to worry, you didn't ;) ! That's the kind of mistake that's easy to make when limbs are bent and flexed - it happened once to no less an artist than Jack "King" Kirby, who drew two left hands on Reed Richards - and on the splash page of a Fantastic Four comic book! Richards was stretching and bending his right arm in a way impossible for a normal human being, which certainly contributed to the mistake. I hope he didn't scare his kid too much!

Here it is, from Fantastic Four #88, just for laughs:
Copyright Marvel Characters Inc.
hi everyone,

i have additional comments about this week's post and some examples. a couple weeks ago web-ed had the above comments when Oliver pinned Penny's arm behind her back. Now, the problem that he was talking about can't happen with Poser because the characters are all set up and i just put them in the proper poses. However, other things can go wrong because there are some things that Poser just doesn't do well, such as panties pulled down, and i do that kind of stuff in Photoshop. i thought it was interesting that i made this mistake right after web-ed was talking about the mistake in fantastic four #88. anyway, as an example of what can happen if you're not careful, i am posting the plain version of this week's pic followed by the same pic as i had originally done it. i hope your ability to visualize spacial relationships is good :lol: . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

screwed up version
screwed up version
014 screw up.jpg (313.39 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
ok, here's the way i had it originally. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

It looks like your story is progressing along nicely. Penny is feeling the sting of the hairbrush on a bottom that's already been warmed up by Oliver's hand... And Raquel has been discovered at the window! Hmmm! I wonder what her man is going to do? ;) ;) ;) ;) I suppose I'll have to wait and see. (In my mind, I picture the two girls doing some "corner time" together)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:It looks like your story is progressing along nicely. Penny is feeling the sting of the hairbrush on a bottom that's already been warmed up by Oliver's hand...
hi Boom,

i'm glad you're enjoying the progression of our story...........and that it's progressed to the hairbrush :D .
hugob00m wrote:And Raquel has been discovered at the window! Hmmm! I wonder what her man is going to do? ;) ;) ;) ;) I suppose I'll have to wait and see. (In my mind, I picture the two girls doing some "corner time" together)
Raquel has indeed been discovered 8-) . the idea of corner time is a good one and i'm betting that when Raquel finds out what Quinton has in store for her, she would gladly volunteer to skip the coming steps and go straight to the corner :lol: . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Turn of Events #14

Post by web-ed »

The "panty problem" would certainly have been easy to miss, Phil, so it's lucky you corrected it instead of leaving it for some future young, smart-aleck readers to snicker over. For the benefit of anyone who isn't sure what we're talking about, the problem is that the back surface of the panties have somehow wound around the front of Penny's right leg. The only way that could have happened is for Penny to have kicked the right side loose (all the way down and over her foot), then Oliver would have had to put a 1/2 rotation twist in the panties, and then pulled them back up over Penny's right foot - something that just doesn't happen accidentally when you're spanking someone! :lol:

O.K., now that we've had the longest dialogue on panties since the film Anatomy of a Murder, let's talk about what I like in panel #14 (corrected version!):
  1. Both Penny and Raquel have reached a state of "high anxiety" (apologies to another film, this one by Mel Brooks) regarding the progress of Penny's spanking
  2. Raquel finally recognizes her fascination with the scene is partly based on imagining herself in Penny's predicament, and she's about to be caught window-peeping by her guy Quinton
  3. Penny is kicking (panties looped properly) as we have a nice "moment of impact" shot with the hairbrush being applied
  4. Beautiful OTK positioning :D !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:The "panty problem" would certainly have been easy to miss, Phil, so it's lucky you corrected it instead of leaving it for some future young, smart-aleck readers to snicker over. For the benefit of anyone who isn't sure what we're talking about, the problem is that the back surface of the panties have somehow wound around the front of Penny's right leg. The only way that could have happened is for Penny to have kicked the right side loose (all the way down and over her foot), then Oliver would have had to put a 1/2 rotation twist in the panties, and then pulled them back up over Penny's right foot - something that just doesn't happen accidentally when you're spanking someone! :lol:
hi web-ed,

i had that pic all finished but it keep bothering me because something just didn't look right........and of course, it wasn't. it just took me a while to see what was wrong :lol: . what was even more interesting was that this was all happening at the same time you were checking one of my earlier pics to make sure Penny actually had a right hand at the end of her right arm :lol: .
web-ed wrote:Both Penny and Raquel have reached a state of "high anxiety" (apologies to another film, this one by Mel Brooks) regarding the progress of Penny's spanking
Raquel finally recognizes her fascination with the scene is partly based on imagining herself in Penny's predicament, and she's about to be caught window-peeping by her guy Quinton
Penny is kicking (panties looped properly) as we have a nice "moment of impact" shot with the hairbrush being applied
Beautiful OTK positioning :D !
i'm glad you're enjoying the changing action in this toon :D . thanks too for the nice comments about the moment of impact and the OTK position :D . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi everyone,

Oliver seems to have captured the attention of BOTH the girls :D . meanwhile, Quinton has slipped up close enough to discover what's holding Raquel's attention 8-) . apparently he was aware of this possibility but i have to wonder if his conclusions aren't a bit premature :lol: . i hope you all enjoy this episode of our toon. phil
Attachments
Oliver's getting rid of some frustrations now
Oliver's getting rid of some frustrations now
015.jpg (327.77 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Turn of Events #17

Post by web-ed »

It's really kind of funny looking at the contrast between Quinton's reaction, now that he's arrived, and Raquel's: Quinton seems more amused than anything else, while Raquel seems absolutely horrified by the effect of the hairbrush on Penny's bottom, which now looks like this - :oops: . Penny's also kicking more than ever, and seems to understand now that she mustn't tell Oliver any more lies.

I also note that the Overbarrel Paddle Co. seems to have branched out into bedroom furniture, and why not? If you can make a good wooden paddle, you should be able to make anything :) !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote: It's really kind of funny looking at the contrast between Quinton's reaction, now that he's arrived, and Raquel's: Quinton seems more amused than anything else, while Raquel seems absolutely horrified by the effect of the hairbrush on Penny's bottom, which now looks like this - :oops: .
hi web-ed,

interesting comment and i might add that you are the second one to make this statement :lol: . Quinton is indeed amused at Penny's predicament although his amusement might change when he really starts to consider what his naughty wife has been up to during all this :D . Raquel's attitude about the spanking has most certainly changed greatly since early in the spanking when she was also amused.............perhaps because she was mentally putting herself in Penny's position 8-). in any case, i think now, she is almost as ready for the spanking to be over as Penny is.
web-ed wrote: Penny's also kicking more than ever, and seems to understand now that she mustn't tell Oliver any more lies.

yes. it seems like that hairbrush has made a believer out of her.............just as Oliver had planned ;) .
web-ed wrote: I also note that the Overbarrel Paddle Co. seems to have branched out into bedroom furniture, and why not? If you can make a good wooden paddle, you should be able to make anything :) !
in this day and time, diversification is often the key to continued success :lol: . rest assured they will continue to manufacture only the highest quality products...........especially the paddles ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

the grand finale
the grand finale
016.jpg (345.17 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
hi everyone,

Penny seems to be really squealing now and it sounds like final chords to me.............at least for her :D . Raquel not so much :lol: . i wonder just exactly what Quinton has on his mind? i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hi Phil!

poor Penny! and I think I will be feeling sorry for Raquel soon. and a typical spanker........us spankees are sorry, but you keep spanking for awhile anyway. poor Penny won't be sitting down anytime soon. and I think Raquel is really glad she doesn't get spanked at this point! but maybe that is about to change??? I wonder what Quinton has in mind for her? whatever it is, i'm sure she will not be enjoying it! thanks Phil. as usual I really enjoyed this!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hi Phil!

poor Penny! and I think I will be feeling sorry for Raquel soon
hi Sunflower,

this looks like a typical spankee reaction to me :lol: .
sunflower309 wrote: and a typical spanker........us spankees are sorry, but you keep spanking for awhile anyway. poor Penny won't be sitting down anytime soon.
Sorry.........Uh-Huh. we will be addressing Penny's ability to sit down in next week's episode 8-) .
sunflower309 wrote: and I think Raquel is really glad she doesn't get spanked at this point! but maybe that is about to change??? I wonder what Quinton has in mind for her? whatever it is, i'm sure she will not be enjoying it! thanks Phil. as usual I really enjoyed this!

sunflower
we will also be addressing Raquel's status soon ;) :D but i think we can safely assume that Quinton has some interesting experiences in store for her :D . i'm glad you enjoyed this one. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Turn of Events #16

Post by web-ed »

It looks like Penny has finally learned her lesson - her bottom sure couldn't be any redder! But as for Raquel, it seems to me Quinton should invite Penny over to witness Raquel's spanking - it would only be just :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil, your artistry is beginning to resemble a Renaissance painting! Okay, I may be overstating that, but I look at your work and, because I know a few things about art myself, I can tell that you are putting a great deal of work into defining every detail of your pictures.

Your new story, "Turn of Events," is a beautiful composition. Aside from the eye-popping artistry, this is specifically the kind of story that all of us love, and that makes any P.C. feminist's blood boil!

Your latest panel, which you have labeled "the grand finale - 016," depicts such a rollicking, thunderous over-the-knee spanking that it makes my nether regions twitch. (In a good way. :D ) Here we have a couple of newlyweds, Oliver and Penny, and they are at odds over a dress that she bought but shouldn't have. Not only did she go against her hubby's wishes, she actually lied to him about it! Obviously this is a situation that must be corrected, and quickly!

Penny does go over Ollie's lap and she does receive a magnificent bottom-smacking, but he doesn't just stop after his hand is tired; no, he reaches for the strong oak hairbrush and proceeds to wallop Penny's adorable heinie far beyond the realm of wifely paddy-whacking. No, this is an enormous punishment that, to us, seems too much for milady to bear. And yet, in your latest panel you let her know she has some "quick paddling" coming. Phil, I knew I liked you for some reason. Have at it! :lol:

As I said, your artistry is getting serious. Really serious. Most of all, of course I like the positions you create for your female characters. Here, Penny's back is arched, but not a lot; just enough to get her heinie into proper spanking position. And as you already know, the fact that her dress is pulled up and her wonderful legs are exposed, means a lot to a guy like me. I love to look at pretty legs, and these are among the purtyest I've seen.

At this point, I don't know what will happen -- or not happen -- to Penny's friend Raquel, who has been anxiously eavesdropping through the window. In the thought balloons you have generously provided, it appears that her own hubby, Quinton, is not in favor of wifey's peeping on the neighbors. Will he, or won't he? Spank her, that is.

It might be fun to see a double spanking, of Penny and Raquel both being spanked. But maybe you will decide that Penny has already had enough, and it may be sadistic to prolong her agony. Whatever you decide, we fans of "Turn of Events" will surely like it. You have a talent for this sort of thing.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Phil, your artistry is beginning to resemble a Renaissance painting! Okay, I may be overstating that, but I look at your work and, because I know a few things about art myself, I can tell that you are putting a great deal of work into defining every detail of your pictures.

Your new story, "Turn of Events," is a beautiful composition. Aside from the eye-popping artistry, this is specifically the kind of story that all of us love, and that makes any P.C. feminist's blood boil!

Your latest panel, which you have labeled "the grand finale - 016," depicts such a rollicking, thunderous over-the-knee spanking that it makes my nether regions twitch. (In a good way. :D ) Here we have a couple of newlyweds, Oliver and Penny, and they are at odds over a dress that she bought but shouldn't have. Not only did she go against her hubby's wishes, she actually lied to him about it! Obviously this is a situation that must be corrected, and quickly!

Penny does go over Ollie's lap and she does receive a magnificent bottom-smacking, but he doesn't just stop after his hand is tired; no, he reaches for the strong oak hairbrush and proceeds to wallop Penny's adorable heinie far beyond the realm of wifely paddy-whacking. No, this is an enormous punishment that, to us, seems too much for milady to bear. And yet, in your latest panel you let her know she has some "quick paddling" coming. Phil, I knew I liked you for some reason. Have at it! :lol:
hi Dan,

it pleases me that you're enjoying both the pics and the story :D i tried doing single pics with no dialog, single pics with dialog, telling stories through sequential pics that were titled but had no dialog but doing the sequential art WITH the dialog to tell my stories turned out to be the most popular so i've been doing them that way for several years now. i guess it's something like doing a comic book. anyway, most of the comments i get are about the stories so it's nice to hear someone talking about the pics themselves and specifically about the attention to detail :D .
daneldorado wrote: As I said, your artistry is getting serious. Really serious. Most of all, of course I like the positions you create for your female characters. Here, Penny's back is arched, but not a lot; just enough to get her heinie into proper spanking position. And as you already know, the fact that her dress is pulled up and her wonderful legs are exposed, means a lot to a guy like me. I love to look at pretty legs, and these are among the purtyest I've seen.

i always like nice comments from other artists and i particularly enjoyed the comment about the positions of my spankees since i spend a lot of time trying to perfect those :D . as for the legs..............i always think of you when i get a particularly good shot of the spankee's kicking legs ;) .
daneldorado wrote:At this point, I don't know what will happen -- or not happen -- to Penny's friend Raquel, who has been anxiously eavesdropping through the window. In the thought balloons you have generously provided, it appears that her own hubby, Quinton, is not in favor of wifey's peeping on the neighbors. Will he, or won't he? Spank her, that is.

It might be fun to see a double spanking, of Penny and Raquel both being spanked. But maybe you will decide that Penny has already had enough, and it may be sadistic to prolong her agony. Whatever you decide, we fans of "Turn of Events" will surely like it. You have a talent for this sort of thing.

Cheers,
Dan
you are correct in suspecting that Quinton is not in favor of his wife peeking in the neighbor's window :lol: . very shortly, we will be finding out just what he has in mind 8-) . thanks for your nice comments :D . phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:It looks like Penny has finally learned her lesson - her bottom sure couldn't be any redder! But as for Raquel, it seems to me Quinton should invite Penny over to witness Raquel's spanking - it would only be just :lol: !
hi web-ed,

i do think you're right about Penny having learned her lesson ;) . you also have an interesting idea about just how Raquel's spanking should go. all i can tell you is to stay tooned for the next episode :lol: . thanks, phil
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hey Phil,

BTW......HAPPY BIRTHDAY! a little late in the day, but better late than never! hope you had a great day!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

sunflower309 wrote:hey Phil,

BTW......HAPPY BIRTHDAY! a little late in the day, but better late than never! hope you had a great day!

sunflower
thanks Sunflower :D . it's funny but it seems like i used to be more enthusiastic about birthdays than i am in recent years :lol: . phil