A Custom Fit

The cartoons of Overbarrel. Reader comments strongly desired!

Moderator: overbarrel49

Forum rules
Only Overbarrel's art and relevant comments should be posted here.
daneldorado

Re: A Custom Fit

Post by daneldorado »

Once again, Phil, I must commend you on your artistic style. In panel 012 the OTK positioning is superb. It’s probably up there with Web-ed’s stylistic demands… and when you make him happy, it makes us ALL happy.

But I do have some nits to pick. Although Tina’s fine legs are portrayed here as scrumptious as ever, her body is twisted unnaturally. Her left leg is fine, and again I thank you for portraying a great pair of gams… but it looks as if her right leg is turning AWAY from the rest of her body. Note that in this panel Tina’s HEAD is turning sharply to her right side; but her right foot looks as if it is heading in the opposite direction. You will say that this is because she is struggling to escape her punisher’s grasp; but I really don’t think the human body turns that way.

Note, also, the looks of Tina’s HANDS. Now that she has opened her hands from the fists she was displaying earlier, we see all her fingers… and no, they are not right. In the human body, our two middle fingers are longer than any of the other fingers; but you have shown us a Tina whose left forefinger is longer than her left middle finger, and it looks awkward. On her right hand, the middle finger is too short, and her fourth finger is too long.

Getting back to the good stuff:

I really must commend you on the way you have slowly, inexorably deepened the pink skin of Tina’s behind. Even though her white panties are still in place, nevertheless the crimson color that Steve is painting on her butt shows through, a little darker with each panel, and if he continues to spank at the same pace, we know that her bottom will be cherry red when he finally decides to let her up from her OTK perch.

And so, Phil, again we are proud of you and very, very happy for your artwork that you share with us. God bless.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Once again, Phil, I must commend you on your artistic style. In panel 012 the OTK positioning is superb. It’s probably up there with Web-ed’s stylistic demands… and when you make him happy, it makes us ALL happy.
hi Dan,

i'm glad you like the OTK position :D . as you know, i always try to pay particular attention to this as i like a good OTK position as much as you and web-ed.
daneldorado wrote:But I do have some nits to pick. Although Tina’s fine legs are portrayed here as scrumptious as ever, her body is twisted unnaturally. Her left leg is fine, and again I thank you for portraying a great pair of gams… but it looks as if her right leg is turning AWAY from the rest of her body. Note that in this panel Tina’s HEAD is turning sharply to her right side; but her right foot looks as if it is heading in the opposite direction. You will say that this is because she is struggling to escape her punisher’s grasp; but I really don’t think the human body turns that way.
i opened up the pic again and i guess i don't really see any problem with her body position. her hips are twisted a bit to the left while her upper body is twisting to the right but it looks entirely possible to me. if anything, perhaps i should have straightened up her right foot a bit to bring it in line with her lower leg but even at that, it all looks entirely plausible to me...........especially for a young, flexible woman whose bottom is stinging :lol: . also, like Boom, i save and reuse poses and i've probably used this exact pose at least a dozen times before and no one has seen any problems with it............although, i will admit that the camera angle will make a pose look different. anyway, as always, i appreciate your specific comments as the have been helpful to me in the past and probably will continue to be. in this particular case, however, i think we'll have to agree to disagree. if anyone else has noticed problems with Tina's position in this one, i'd appreciate your comments on it.
daneldorado wrote:Note, also, the looks of Tina’s HANDS. Now that she has opened her hands from the fists she was displaying earlier, we see all her fingers… and no, they are not right. In the human body, our two middle fingers are longer than any of the other fingers; but you have shown us a Tina whose left forefinger is longer than her left middle finger, and it looks awkward. On her right hand, the middle finger is too short, and her fourth finger is too long.
now for the hands. i think what you're seeing with Tina's hands is just the position of her hands relative to the viewer. on her left hand, i think the index finger may look a bit longer than it really is because it is closer to the viewer but even at that, it still looks shorter than the middle finger to me. on the right hand, it is definitely just they way she is holding her hand. the first 3 fingers are not on the same plane, the index finger is higher than the middle finger which is higher than the ring finger. since the index and middle fingers are pointed more directly at the viewer, they naturally appear foreshortened while the ring finger appears longer because it is more perpendicular to the viewer. anyway, it all looks good to me, again, i would appreciate feedback from anyone else who has a comment about this.
daneldorado wrote:Getting back to the good stuff:

I really must commend you on the way you have slowly, inexorably deepened the pink skin of Tina’s behind. Even though her white panties are still in place, nevertheless the crimson color that Steve is painting on her butt shows through, a little darker with each panel, and if he continues to spank at the same pace, we know that her bottom will be cherry red when he finally decides to let her up from her OTK perch.

And so, Phil, again we are proud of you and very, very happy for your artwork that you share with us. God bless.

Cheers,
Dan
thanks for the comment on my coloring. it's not that easy to gradually increase the color of her bottom as the spanking progresses. fortunately, i use a bit of artistic license in this matter and her bottom will probably be more red than would actually happen before it's all over :lol: . when you come right down to it, her bottom is probably almost as red as it would be going to get in a real spanking. anyway, you are right...........her bottom will be cherry red by the time he's done :lol: . i'm glad you're enjoying the toon :D . thanks for the comments. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Custom Fit #12

Post by web-ed »

Well, Steve is doing better as he begins to appreciate how this spanking thing works, and Tina's attitude is getting better as she begins to appreciate how much this spanking thing hurts! :lol: It appears Steve is ready to proceed to "bare bottom mode" while Tina little suspects what awaits her - this difference in expectation should prove interesting next time.

Sorry I can't stay awake any longer to write more right now
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:Well, Steve is doing better as he begins to appreciate how this spanking thing works, and Tina's attitude is getting better as she begins to appreciate how much this spanking thing hurts! :lol:
hi web-ed,

well said :lol: .
web-ed wrote: It appears Steve is ready to proceed to "bare bottom mode" while Tina little suspects what awaits her - this difference in expectation should prove interesting next time.

Sorry I can't stay awake any longer to write more right now
again, i don't think i could have said it better myself :D . don't worry about not being able to stay awake any longer............it happens to me all the time and i appreciate your sleepy comments anyway :lol: . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Tina seems a bit stunned.............and embarrassed
Tina seems a bit stunned.............and embarrassed
013.jpg (316.73 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
hi everyone,

Say! I think Steve's really getting the hang of this spanking business :D . he seems to have figured out that spanking can get results ;) ! Tina's figuring things out too...............like getting a spanking HURTS :o , although...... it appears that she didn't see THIS coming :lol: . hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

That is one very pink backside. Should be cherry red by the time it is over. :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:That is one very pink backside. Should be cherry red by the time it is over. :lol:
hi Willjohn,

i have a hunch that cherry red bottom is where Steve is heading with this spanking.............although he might not have thought of it just in those terms :lol: . more redness coming up :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I see Tina still hasn't seemed to realize that being too bossy is what put her into the position she's in. She's still trying to be the one who's giving the orders... demanding that he let her up. And now he's proceded to the next step: the pulling down of her panties! (Although, as thin as that fabric is, I think it may be more of a symbolic gesture, but still, he's likely to make his point... When he has the power to bare her bottom, it's a good indication that she's not the one in charge any more! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Meanwhile... those of us who are in the audience are getting a great view of Tina's flailing legs, her newly-uncovered backside, and the distraught look on her face as she comes to the realization that Steve is far from through spanking her! :) :) :) :)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I see Tina still hasn't seemed to realize that being too bossy is what put her into the position she's in. She's still trying to be the one who's giving the orders... demanding that he let her up. And now he's proceded to the next step: the pulling down of her panties! (Although, as thin as that fabric is, I think it may be more of a symbolic gesture, but still, he's likely to make his point... When he has the power to bare her bottom, it's a good indication that she's not the one in charge any more! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
hi Boom,

yeah, Tina is new to getting spanked and she does seem a little slow to pick up on just how it all works :lol: . i think the pulling down of the spankee's panties is always more of a symbolic gesture by her spanker indicating that he is in charge and that she has no say in the spanking :D . of course, it also points up that she is helpless and exposed which is good also..............and she is definitely not in charge any more ;) .
hugob00m wrote:Meanwhile... those of us who are in the audience are getting a great view of Tina's flailing legs, her newly-uncovered backside, and the distraught look on her face as she comes to the realization that Steve is far from through spanking her! :) :) :) :)
i'm glad you're enjoying the view :D thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

that won't get him to stop
that won't get him to stop
014.jpg (302.4 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
hi everyone,

Well, Tina's attitude is improving some but it seems that she still hasn't quite figured out where Steve is leading her and what he needs to hear her saying :lol: . I hope Steve can hang in there until he gets her where she needs to go :roll:. i hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Tina gave up a while ago, at this time Steve is just having a good time (not that there is anything wrong with that). :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

willjohn wrote:Tina gave up a while ago, at this time Steve is just having a good time (not that there is anything wrong with that). :lol:
hi Willjohn,

nothing wrong with having a good time at all :D . i don't think it's any big secret that spankers generally enjoy spanking naughty, young ladies.........especially if it's his young lady :lol: . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Well, Phil, I know that I have probably said this before... but your panel 014 is now the BEST spanking pic I have ever seen. Yowza! Having warmed up his sweety's panties thoroughly, Steve now has her right where he wants her, and her panties are down. You can tell by his positioning that he is, now, fully engaged in the spanking and shaming of his erstwhile shrew of a wife. I especially love that Steve's right hand is now higher than it's ever been, just before he brings it crashing down on Tina's fine fanny. Good show!

Your instincts are exactly right. This one panel (014) shows all the fury and determination of a man on a mission: to so soundly spank his lady that she will never again try to boss him around. In addition to Tina's body being displayed here perfectly, I appreciate that you have her head turned towards us, the readers. Now we can see her dread and her distress, and we feel that she is on the verge of panic.

I hope you will not immediately choose to shut down this spanking. For one thing, I would like to see a panel that shows us his strong right hand colliding sharply with her bottom and momentarily distorting its shape. Don't believe you've shown us that, as yet.

But even if you do abandon Steve and Tina at this juncture, the masterful pictures that you have fashioned to bring us this far, are superb. Thank you.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daneldorado wrote:Well, Phil, I know that I have probably said this before... but your panel 014 is now the BEST spanking pic I have ever seen. Yowza! Having warmed up his sweety's panties thoroughly, Steve now has her right where he wants her, and her panties are down. You can tell by his positioning that he is, now, fully engaged in the spanking and shaming of his erstwhile shrew of a wife. I especially love that Steve's right hand is now higher than it's ever been, just before he brings it crashing down on Tina's fine fanny. Good show!
hi Dan,

thanks for noticing Steve's hand :D . the camera angle is specifically designed to emphasize how high he has raised his arm and enhance the feeling of distance between his hand and her bottom so i was pleased that you noticed it :D . originally, i had more dialog on the page which was Steve lecturing Tina. the only place to put it was between his right arm and her left leg and after looking at it, i thought the dialog balloon interfered with this view so i removed it and put lecture on the next pic ;) . i'm glad you enjoyed the view 8-) .
daneldorado wrote:Your instincts are exactly right. This one panel (014) shows all the fury and determination of a man on a mission: to so soundly spank his lady that she will never again try to boss him around. In addition to Tina's body being displayed here perfectly, I appreciate that you have her head turned towards us, the readers. Now we can see her dread and her distress, and we feel that she is on the verge of panic.
again, i'm glad you enjoyed the view of Tina struggling over Steve's lap :D . i always like to show the spankee's face when i can and in this case, i thought this position of her head was appropriate for this point in the spanking, with her still looking back to see what Steve is doing to her poor bottom 8-) . thanks for your comment on her expression too. i spent a considerable amount of time trying to make sure that i captured that moment when she is unable to maintain control any longer and is just starting to lose her composure so i was pleased that you noticed that too :D
daneldorado wrote:I hope you will not immediately choose to shut down this spanking. For one thing, I would like to see a panel that shows us his strong right hand colliding sharply with her bottom and momentarily distorting its shape. Don't believe you've shown us that, as yet.
coming right up............the next pic is already done ;) .
daneldorado wrote:But even if you do abandon Steve and Tina at this juncture, the masterful pictures that you have fashioned to bring us this far, are superb. Thank you.

Cheers,
Dan
fear not! this toon is far from over ;) . i'm glad you've been enjoying it and thanks for the nice comments :D phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Custom Fit #14

Post by web-ed »

In the last two panels, #13 & 14, we've been treated to two really fine views of Tina's tush as it reddens under Steven's relentless palm :D That's good news because in an erotic spanking drawing or cartoon, the two most important parts of the spankee for us to see are the face and the fanny. (As a matter of fact we get Tina's face as well in these two panels - an added bonus). Other good news is that Tina is finally making some progress whether she knows it or not: as she becomes more desperate, her shouted orders are becoming pleas for mercy. She even tells us she's going to cry if he keeps it up.

Now tears do not come easily to some women, although most who are into spanking crave this emotional release which should be very healthy for them. (This is yet another manifestation of the desire to re-create some aspect of the Transformative Event, in this case the crying which followed that original spanking so long ago). The reason is that while tears come readily to the young girl who is being spanked, a grown woman has a more mature perspective which may allow her to handle the emotions of spanking without breaking down. It is impossible to generalize here as there are simply too many psychological factors coming into play at the same time. It all depends on how sensitive the woman is, how keenly she feels her embarrassment at getting a bare-bottom spanking, how much (if any) feelings of guilt are being released, etc. Some women cry easily, others with more difficulty, and some will not cry under any reasonable application of spanking (any woman will cry if the spanking is unreasonably harsh enough).

Steve isn't experienced enough to know this, but if a spankee is close to tears, she really should be guided over the edge so that she can have that emotional release. It's not difficult: you just keep spanking until over the edge she goes and the tears start. That's what Steve needs to do here. Not only is crying an emotional release, it's also usually taken by the spankee to mean that she has indeed lost control, and this submission is also keenly sought. It's for these reasons that so many women have fantasized about being spanked until they cry.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:In the last two panels, #13 & 14, we've been treated to two really fine views of Tina's tush as it reddens under Steven's relentless palm :D That's good news because in an erotic spanking drawing or cartoon, the two most important parts of the spankee for us to see are the face and the fanny. (As a matter of fact we get Tina's face as well in these two panels - an added bonus). Other good news is that Tina is finally making some progress whether she knows it or not: as she becomes more desperate, her shouted orders are becoming pleas for mercy. She even tells us she's going to cry if he keeps it up.
hi web-ed,

i don't always show both the spankee's face and her bottom because it limits the camera angles i can use but i try to in as many pics as i can. the emotions of a spanking are more important than what's happening to her bottom and the spankee's expressions reflect those emotions ;) . on the other hand, we spankers really like a nice view of her bottom too :lol: . You are right..........Tina's attitude is gradually changing even if Steve is the only one of the 2 who realizes it 8-) .
web-ed wrote: Now tears do not come easily to some women, although most who are into spanking crave this emotional release which should be very healthy for them. (This is yet another manifestation of the desire to re-create some aspect of the Transformative Event, in this case the crying which followed that original spanking so long ago). The reason is that while tears come readily to the young girl who is being spanked, a grown woman has a more mature perspective which may allow her to handle the emotions of spanking without breaking down. It is impossible to generalize here as there are simply too many psychological factors coming into play at the same time. It all depends on how sensitive the woman is, how keenly she feels her embarrassment at getting a bare-bottom spanking, how much (if any) feelings of guilt are being released, etc. Some women cry easily, others with more difficulty, and some will not cry under any reasonable application of spanking (any woman will cry if the spanking is unreasonably harsh enough).
these are very interesting and insightful comments. while you are right that it is impossible to generalize about this because of all the factors involved, most of the spankees i have talked to recognize that tears during a spanking would be a great emotional release for them, would indeed increase the effectiveness of a spanking and would love to be able to cry during a spanking. however, most of them also say that they seldom, if ever, actually do cry during a spanking. of those who do manage tears during a spanking, almost all that i have talked to, will say that the tears are a function of emotional issues such as knowing they have disappointed their spanker or other issues that cause deep guilt..............not from the pain of the spanking. i often show my spankees in tears during a toon but that is because my viewers, both male and female, seem to like it better that way. i have to wonder if it's kind of like a toon which features public spanking in that it's a common fantasy among both spankers and spankees alike. sometimes these fantasies about things that rarely happen are favorites with spankos, probably just because they don't usually happen. it's an interesting topic and i have a feeling that it's all very individual and depending on many factors.
web-ed wrote: Steve isn't experienced enough to know this, but if a spankee is close to tears, she really should be guided over the edge so that she can have that emotional release. It's not difficult: you just keep spanking until over the edge she goes and the tears start. That's what Steve needs to do here. Not only is crying an emotional release, it's also usually taken by the spankee to mean that she has indeed lost control, and this submission is also keenly sought. It's for these reasons that so many women have fantasized about being spanked until they cry.

i'll take this a step farther and say that neither Steve nor Tina knows exactly what's happening yet................but i think they'll get there before it's all over ;) . Steve does seem to be heading in the right direction even if he doesn't understand why at this point. Tina's understanding will come later, after the spanking when she has time to stop thinking about what's happening to her bottom and consider all this more fully ;) . thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

that's more like it
that's more like it
015.jpg (296.98 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
hi everyone,

Saaaay! This is actually starting to look like a proper spanking :D ...........one that's also getting proper results 8-) ! I hope you enjoy the new pic. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Mmmmm! Another great view of the lovely Tina sprawled across her husband's lap! The "camera" angle is just right, so that we in the audience see her face, her jiggling bottom, and her flailing legs all in on shot! :D :D :D :D

The dialogue indicates that she's beginning to learn her lesson, but Steve isn't through quite yet. Good! That must mean you'fe still going to post more panels of the spanking in progress! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In fact... I believe at one point ther was the mention of a hairbrush... ;) ;) ;) ;) Ooooh! Poor Tina's bottom is so red already! How much more can she take? I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Mmmmm! Another great view of the lovely Tina sprawled across her husband's lap! The "camera" angle is just right, so that we in the audience see her face, her jiggling bottom, and her flailing legs all in on shot! :D :D :D
hi Boom,

i'm glad you enjoyed the view :D . i also liked your use of the word sprawled because that is exactly what i was trying to depict :D i also spent a certain amount of time working on the camera angle and the position of her legs so i found your comments about that very satisfying too.
hugob00m wrote: The dialogue indicates that she's beginning to learn her lesson, but Steve isn't through quite yet. Good! That must mean you'fe still going to post more panels of the spanking in progress! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In fact... I believe at one point ther was the mention of a hairbrush... ;) ;) ;) ;) Ooooh! Poor Tina's bottom is so red already! How much more can she take? I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
good deduction on your part.................Steve is indeed not through yet 8-) . in fact, this toon is far from over which you will see as we go along. as far as the hairbrush goes, we have to remember that this is Tina's first spanking from her new husband and his first time spanking his new bride so we'll just have to see what role, if any, that hairbrush has in this toon ;) 8-) . i'm glad you enjoyed the new pic :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Custom Fit #15

Post by web-ed »

This time we got a nice impact shot - poor Tina! (Not that any of us spankers feel too sorry for her :D ). I like moment-of-impact shots, though they're not easy to do properly. This one works because you subtly shaded the area of Tina's bottom around the outline of Steven's hand more lightly to indicate depression (i.e. physical depression of the buttock, not emotional depression). As for Tina's emotional state, I'd say she's really coming around now and her attitude is changed or at least rapidly changing. The spanking has to go on for a little while longer, though, just to make sure, which I doubt will break anyone's heart around here :lol: .
-- Web-Ed